Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? (27425 Views)

She Left Him After 2yrs Of Courtship / The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? / After Years of Courtship, She's Getting Married To Another Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by acidtalk: 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
When it comes to hearing people ho dated for several years (some up to 10years) with both the male and female's family members as well as friends all hoping and looking forward for the couples to tie the knot only for them to come up with tales of "incompatibility" issues and stories.

Stories of ladies (and sometimes guys) committing suicide due to breakup of relationship that lasted many several years only got ended when marriage talks where in progress.

The question is, why do so many years of courtship end up with excuses of incompatibility issues just before marriage.

If this people could date for years at what point did they decide they can't marry based on compatibility issues.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by ITbomb(m): 12:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
Normally most people get bored being with the same person for too long , even inn marriage after like 2 years . The only reason marriage stand is because of societal influence and the stigma of divorce in Nigeria especially so called christians or the kids, the parties just have to stay in. However for an uncommitted relationship , people can just walk away without any string attached.

But I'm still confuse on why it is only the woman labeled as ' used ' . After the man took care of her all those years

13 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by acidtalk: 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2012
I think 'responsible and caring men' are more used than women cry out to be used.

True, the societing frowns at divorce and divorce cases but so many people are dying gradually in the marriages because they are miserable in them.

I have seen a man who always celebrate with his friends whenever he is sent out on official assignment of of the country or state. He pulls strings in his office to be sent on long official duties outside his state so he can avoid his wife because in his words "he is just stuck in such a terrible union".
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Mynd44: 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2012
^^
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2012
Helo Mr Acid, causes and why actually means the same thing...grin
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by acidtalk: 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
Brand_new: Helo Mr Acid, causes and why actually means the same thing...grin

Thank you sir.
Put the blame on my Nght school teacher who didn't teach me that.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by kokoye(m): 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
acidtalk: If this people could date for years at what point did they decide they can't marry based on compatibility issues.

A million years of courtship is still different than Marriage. There's no 'lock' that binds a courtship like wedlock.

If you KNOW it wont work and have grown enough balls to call it quit... better late than never.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2012
Greed

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Mynd44: 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2012
acidtalk:

Thank you sir.
Put the blame on my Nght school teacher who didn't teach me that.
You should demand for a refund

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by acidtalk: 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
Mynd_44:
You should demand for a refund

Its a FREE school so there's no way I can get a refund.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Mynd44: 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2012
acidtalk:

Its a FREE school so there's no way I can get a refund.
They should pay you damages for wasting your time

10 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Goldieluks: 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2012
acidtalk: When it comes to hearing people ho dated for several years (some up to 10years) with both the male and female's family members as well as friends all hoping and looking forward for the couples to tie the knot only for them to come up with tales of "incompatibility" issues and stories.

Stories of ladies (and sometimes guys) committing suicide due to breakup of relationship that lasted many several years only got ended when marriage talks where in progress.

The question is, why do so many years of courtship end up with excuses of incompatibility issues just before marriage.

If this people could date for years at what point did they decide they can't marry based on compatibility issues.

Because it is wrong to court someone for years without marrying that person. Six months courtship
should be the maximum, of getting to know one's partner.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by tpia5: 9:47pm On Sep 11, 2012
op you seem like a very curious person.

o maa nwadi nkan.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by KINGwax(m): 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2012
Brand_new: Helo Mr Acid, causes and why actually means the same thing...grin
he's from kogi state, cut him some slacks. He really tried at that level. Continue jare mr acid. Keep pourin acids on the thread wit your 'talk'

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by KINGwax(m): 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2012
Goldieluks:

Because it is wrong to court someone for years without marrying that person. Six months courtship
do you meant to say six months is enough to keep up the pseudo.behaviors in order to lure a party into marriage?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Goldieluks: 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2012
KINGwax: do you meant to say six months is enough to keep up the pseudo.behaviors in order to lure a party into marriage?

Indeed, and am referring to two serious minded adults.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by acidtalk: 10:44pm On Sep 11, 2012
tpia@:
op you seem like a very curious person.

o maa nwadi nkan.

maybe because i feel very free sharing personal experiences and thoughts.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by acidtalk: 10:45pm On Sep 11, 2012
KINGwax: he's from kogi state, cut him some slacks. He really tried at that level. Continue jare mr acid. Keep pourin acids on the thread wit your 'talk'

DAMN!!! THAT'S HARSH.
Dont let those Kogi folks in here curse you oh!
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by KINGwax(m): 10:47pm On Sep 11, 2012
Goldieluks:

Indeed, and am referring to two serious minded adults.
and sadly in Nigeria, a serious minded person is the one that's so good at keepin up a facade in order to get married at all cost since most wait till their 'desperation' time before forcing the development of a 'serious mind'. I can't date for less than 2yrs! If we can't tolerate each other in two yrs, there's no point in tryin to try for a life time

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by ndukwejoe(m): 10:54pm On Sep 11, 2012
Nigerians ! I am just enjoying myself with the discussion between Mr acid and the guy that pointed the tautology.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Goldieluks: 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
KINGwax: and sadly in Nigeria, a serious minded person is the one that's so good at keepin up a facade in order to get married at all cost since most wait till their 'desperation' time before forcing the development of a 'serious mind'. I can't date for less than 2yrs! If we can't tolerate each other in two yrs, there's no point in tryin to try for a life time

So you are insinuating that the youths in Nigeria are not too keen on the idea of marriage?
When i mentioned a 'serious minded' person, i meant..
1. a person who is God fearing
2. ready for a commitment
3. ready to make sacrifices to get the best out of the courtship.

NOT

A desperado who wants to get married at all cost, due to aging or pressure from family,
or a gold-digger who wants to reap where he/she did not sow.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by frank317: 11:20pm On Sep 11, 2012
KINGwax: and sadly in Nigeria, a serious minded person is the one that's so good at keepin up a facade in order to get married at all cost since most wait till their 'desperation' time before forcing the development of a 'serious mind'. I can't date for less than 2yrs! If we can't tolerate each other in two yrs, there's no point in tryin to try for a life time

Pls repeat this again, I don't think she heard or read it rite.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 11:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
KINGwax: he's from kogi state, cut him some slacks.

can you really be that shortsighted? (I'm trying to be nice here. The word I was going to use was "st. upid" )

Next time: you don't correct 1 by insulting 100. It would save you some slaps on your face.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Alaafialoro(m): 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2012
Goldieluks:

Six months shd b maximum?? Are u kidding me?? Do u think ppl can‘t pretend for six months to get what they want?? For me,it‘s a minimum of 1.5yr to know each other well & if things don‘t work,u break up..cest finis.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by ayobase(m): 12:09am On Sep 12, 2012
Acidosis:

can you really be that shortsighted? (I'm trying to be nice here. The word I was going to use was "st. upid" )

Next time: you don't correct 1 by insulting 100. It would save you some slaps on your face.

Why u come dey vex for here....tot una don settle the matter up there as buddies!
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 12:13am On Sep 12, 2012
ayobase:

Why u come dey vex for here....tot una don settle the matter up there as buddies!
aint acidtalk broda..
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by ayobase(m): 12:14am On Sep 12, 2012
And na the ladies dey suffer the consequences mostly.
Why will a lady of 25yrs of age wanna court a guy for years without knowing where the train is going...Ladies could be funny sometimes....y aint the relationship defined in the first place.....guys are big time time-wasters.....they have nothing to lose as such....and after dating a guy for yrs, she is gonna go date another for yrs. Then tell me, when menopause no go catch up with her...no wonder some are always so desperate!
Goldieluks don talk the koko thing!

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by dubem3(m): 7:33am On Sep 12, 2012
frank3.16:

Pls repeat this again, I don't think she heard or read it rite.
you know that moment when somebody just says what ur thinking?
ayobase: And na the ladies dey suffer the consequences mostly.
Why will a lady of 25yrs of age wanna court a guy for years without knowing where the train is going...Ladies could be funny sometimes....y aint the relationship defined in the first place.....guys are big time time-wasters.....they have nothing to lose as such....and after dating a guy for yrs, she is gonna go date another for yrs. Then tell me, when menopause no go catch up with her...no wonder some are always so desperate!
Goldieluks don talk the koko thing!
thats some serious picture u painted there oh...make them no come de give u/us ultimatum oh...
but seriously, it works out differently for each couple and u can't for fear of outcome, refuse to try...besides, Ayo,whats up?
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by 190: 7:49am On Sep 12, 2012
I repeat never you date a lady after a year

I repeat Never you date a lady after a year - BREAK UP WITH HER

Someone roger that

hello . . hello is something!

someone roger!

Over angry angry
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by ITbomb(m): 8:50am On Sep 12, 2012
190: I repeat never you date a lady after a year

Someone roger that

someone roger!

Over angry angry
Dude, where have u been . I heard the british govt are building facilities here in Nigeria .
Hope to see u soon here
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by olanie(m): 8:58am On Sep 12, 2012
Irreconcilable differences is it.

Many try patching up a partner's defective behavioural pattern with a tag of "no one is perfect" only to realise that its beyond them, if the relationship tarries into years.

Those that aint "lucky" end up being unfulfilled and unhappy married souls.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by acidtalk: 9:29am On Sep 12, 2012
190: I repeat never you date a lady after a year

Someone roger that

someone roger!

Over angry angry

When will you ever grow up and start contributing wisely.
Since you joining nairaland around 5years ago till date you keep getting sillier each day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Six Years Relationship Almost Crashing / Two Nlanders Invites The Nairaland Family To Their Wedding. See Pre Wedding Pics / Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.