Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,899 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? (27423 Views)

She Left Him After 2yrs Of Courtship / The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? / After Years of Courtship, She's Getting Married To Another Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by sexyshe(f): 10:17am On Sep 12, 2012
In the first place courtship should not be more than two year.A man knows after sixmonth if he will marry a woman or not.some men are time waster,they know deep within them they will never marry a lady but keep holdin on to the relationship because of free punny.ladies pls wise up don't court a man for more than two years ,its to your disadvantage cos of age factor,let him define the relationship from the scratch.be wise ladies.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 12, 2012
Goldieluks:
Six months courtship should be the maximum, of getting to know one's partner.
Really? You're sure 6 months should be the maximum time of getting to know someone?
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by KINGwax(m): 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
Acidosis:

can you really be that shortsighted? (I'm trying to be nice here. The word I was going to use was "st. upid" )

Next time: you don't correct 1 by insulting 100. It would save you some slaps on your face.
scroll to my username, take it home and ask everyone to slap your phonescreen! My sweetie is from kabba in kogi state, her english is manageable, but she's a graduate and so industrious! I repeat, your spoken english at this level judging by the fact dt u may study in a state where your fuckin governor don't give a fucck abt education is a plus. Accept it. It's a compliment
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by KINGwax(m): 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
acidtalk:

DAMN!!! THAT'S HARSH.
Dont let those Kogi folks in here curse you oh!
i'm amazed at your sense of humor. Thank you Sir
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by acidtalk: 5:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
Good Girl:
Really? You're sure 6 months should be the maximum time of getting to know someone?

6months is okay for some people.
It is even too long for others.
And extremely too short for some certain folks.

Whatever it is, DON'T RUSH ME!!!

I will marry a girl when I am satisfied with our level of compatibility.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Goldieluks: 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
Good Girl:

Its entirely up to individual really. Three four months is enough for a person to know if they fit in or not. Some people go on a date with someone for the first time, and at that same minute, they are able to ascertain if the person is suitable or not. So I think six months is long enough.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
Long courtship equals long trouble

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by MrsChima1(f): 6:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
acidtalk: When it comes to hearing people ho dated for several years (some up to 10years) with both the male and female's family members as well as friends all hoping and looking forward for the couples to tie the knot only for them to come up with tales of "incompatibility" issues and stories.

Stories of ladies (and sometimes guys) committing suicide due to breakup of relationship that lasted many several years only got ended when marriage talks where in progress.

The question is, why do so many years of courtship end up with excuses of incompatibility issues just before marriage.

If this people could date for years at what point did they decide they can't marry based on compatibility issues.

To some people...why buy the cow when you can get the milk free.
To some people...they want to have their cake and eat it too.
To some people...they are not into the person and often time is the last resort.
To some people...marriage isn't necessary for them and it is just a piece of paper.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by bendazum: 6:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
quote author=ayobase]And na the ladies dey suffer the consequences mostly.
Why will a lady of 25yrs of age wanna court a guy for years without knowing where the train is going...Ladies could be funny sometimes....y aint the relationship defined in the first place.....guys are big time time-wasters.....they have nothing to lose as such....and after dating a guy for yrs, she is gonna go date another for yrs. Then tell me, when menopause no go catch up with her...no wonder some are always so desperate!
Goldieluks don talk the koko thing![/quote]
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by bendazum: 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
This is a serious topic that has left our ladies frustrated over the years.To me one year is enough.Ladies are guilty in the sense that they discourage guys in the pretence they are in a serious relationship.A relationship that has lasted 4 years with nothing to show for it. undecided
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
My Wife and I courted for 6 years and still married for 4 years more.. so that makes it 10 years of being together.. this post is not well formed.
If you do not understand the dynamics of courtship/marriage please say so. You do not engage in courtship because you want it to end up in marriage, you do so because you need to understand your partner before you make a decision to be shag-partners or life-partners.. that is 6yrs of shagging which now comes free

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
ayobase: And na the ladies dey suffer the consequences mostly.
Why will a lady of 25yrs of age wanna court a guy for years without knowing where the train is going...Ladies could be funny sometimes....y aint the relationship defined in the first place.....guys are big time time-wasters.....they have nothing to lose as such....and after dating a guy for yrs, she is gonna go date another for yrs. Then tell me, when menopause no go catch up with her...no wonder some are always so desperate!
Goldieluks don talk the koko thing!
Mr Ayobase, i cant believe u wrote dis. I remember vividly in one post abt Ex, U said “ Relationships must not end in marriage“. Pls, clarify me on ur stand abt dis. And b sincere.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by misreal(m): 7:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
AmBeautiful: Greed
am nt surprised dis is coming from a lady.am sure u r nt married.i hope dat ur greedy bf marries u soon enough grin
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
Because love/intimate relationship is a sweet perpetual insanity, curable by a medicine called Marriage. it's sweeter in the absence of the medicine but at the mention of the medicine alone, everyone comes back to his/her normal sense.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by musty1987(m): 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
190: I repeat never you date a lady after a year

I repeat Never you date a lady after a year - BREAK UP WITH HER

Someone roger that

hello . . hello is something!

someone roger!

Over angry angry

Roger that. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2012
Mr Ayobase, i cant believe u wrote dis. I remember vividly in one post abt Ex, U said “ Relationships must not end in marriage“. Pls, clarify me on ur stand abt dis. And b sincere.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by adaptor4all: 7:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
D truth is that many persons don't know y they r goin in2 relatnshps or y they wanna get married cos they shd know its pros n cons lyk every aspect of lyf b4 venturin such..marriage can nt always favor u..so knw wen to overlook tins..even lyf is nt a bed f roses..Remember,when purpose is nt known,abuse is inevitable.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by acidtalk: 7:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: My Wife and I courted for 6 years and still married for 4 years more.. so that makes it 10 years of being together.. this post is not well formed.
If you do not understand the dynamics of courtship/marriage please say so. You do not engage in courtship because you want it to end up in marriage, you do so because you need to understand your partner before you make a decision to be shag-partners or life-partners.. that is 6yrs of shagging which now comes free

That you don't agree with the post doesn't mean it is a total floop on one without sense or benefits.

See your own story is one in a billion so get that now if your think that's the norm.

You will be amazed at what people will tell you of their experience of long years of courtship.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by KINGwax(m): 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
Goldieluks:

Its entirely up to individual really. Three four months is enough for a person to know if they fit in or not. Some people go on a date with someone for the first time, and at that same minute, they are able to ascertain if the person is suitable or not. So I think six months is long enough.
biliv me goldie, it's not. Plssssss
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by deniyor: 7:50pm On Sep 12, 2012
You can have a case of couple dating way before they are both ready for marriage eg 3while both of them are in school. In such cases, what is needed is a bf, gf and the standards /requirements for those are not so high. There could be issues that also need working out but you are more likely to give it time in the hopes that it gets better.
However as the time you get ready to settle down nears, you start looking at your partner more critically and you are more likely to decide you can't tolerate those errant behaviours anymore. Hence the breakafter many years.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by crisycent: 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
As for me, i get bored easily. I begin to see the girl as a friend which is a good thing just incase she pulls the plug on the relationship, i won't feel a thing.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by KINGwax(m): 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2012
^^
how old are u buddy?
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
D milk don spoilt sha grin
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Necsy: 9:18pm On Sep 12, 2012
acidtalk: I think 'responsible and caring men' are more used than women cry out to be used.

True, the societing frowns at divorce and divorce cases but so many people are dying gradually in the marriages because they are miserable in them.

I have seen a man who always celebrate with his friends whenever he is sent out on official assignment of of the country or state. He pulls strings in his office to be sent on long official duties outside his state so he can avoid his wife because in his words "he is just stuck in such a terrible union".
dt is wat we gt wen we go in2 a relatnshp dt is + beauty, wealth, stature bt - Christ. Hahahaha! Him neva c anytin
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by ayobase(m): 9:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
dubem3:
..........besides, Ayo,whats up?

Brother, I gentle o...na u I suppose dey ask wassup...u just disappeared...hope na money tinz o!
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Necsy: 9:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: My Wife and I courted for 6 years and still married for 4 years more.. so that makes it 10 years of being together.. this post is not well formed.
tel dem joor because de ar baby lovas
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by ayobase(m): 9:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
acidtalk:

When will you ever grow up and start contributing wisely.
Since you joining nairaland around 5years ago till date you keep getting sillier each day.

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by ayobase(m): 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2012
acidtalk:

When will you ever grow up and start contributing wisely.
Since you joining nairaland around 5years ago till date you keep getting sillier each day.

Change is constant....either ways!
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 9:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
KINGwax: scroll to my username, take it home and ask everyone to slap your phonescreen! My sweetie is from kabba in kogi state, her english is manageable, but she's a graduate and so industrious! I repeat, your spoken english at this level judging by the fact dt u may study in a state where your fuckin governor don't give a fucck abt education is a plus. Accept it. It's a compliment

people like you are the reason why people like me sla.p senseless people.. get a life and improve on your lifestyle and manners..
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by ayobase(m): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
sexyshe: In the first place courtship should not be more than two year.A man knows after sixmonth if he will marry a woman or not.some men are time waster,they know deep within them they will never marry a lady but keep holdin on to the relationship because of free punny.ladies pls wise up don't court a man for more than two years ,its to your disadvantage cos of age factor,let him define the relationship from the scratch.be wise ladies.

Two yrs?
Two yrs mutiplied by 10 men equal 20yrs o!
Why not 3 months?
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Necsy: 9:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
~vicky~:

Long courtship equals long trouble
yeah! Dt is a female voice. Ladies wit marriage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Wooing Challenge Season 6 {finals!!!} / Stunning Pre-wedding Pictures Of Hausa Couple / Two Nlanders Invites The Nairaland Family To Their Wedding. See Pre Wedding Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.