Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? (27427 Views)

She Left Him After 2yrs Of Courtship / The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? / After Years of Courtship, She's Getting Married To Another Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by ayobase(m): 9:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
nyere84: Mr Ayobase, i cant believe u wrote dis. I remember vividly in one post abt Ex, U said “ Relationships must not end in marriage“. Pls, clarify me on ur stand abt dis. And b sincere.

Not “ Relationships must not end in marriage“, but ''Its not a must relationship ends in marriage''.
A lady should wisen up against being taken for years of free punny.....she is supposed to know if the relstionship is not heading anywhere within the first 3 months.....u wanna sure of a guys's dedication, deny him punny for months and c how it goes!
How d guy no go dey play along since ur punny is always at his beck and call!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by suolboy(m): 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
~vicky~:

Long courtship equals long trouble
this is a typical lie. am in a 11 years relationship now and about to get married, meaning we done introduction and I have paid dowry . the good thing about it is that we are more sure of one another and can live the rest of our lives together peacefully.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by ayobase(m): 10:03pm On Sep 12, 2012
suolboy:
this is a typical lie. am in a 11 years relationship now and about to get married, meaning we done introduction and I have paid dowry . the good thing about it is that we are more sure of one another and can live the rest of our lives together peacefully.

The relationship has been defined right from onset then...like planning together and the likes!
11 years no be joke....jilt the gel and forever bite ur fingerS....some curses are automatic!
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Goldieluks: 10:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
ayobase:

Not “ Relationships must not end in marriage“, but ''Its not a must relationship ends in marriage''.
A lady should wisen up against being taken for years of free punny.....she is supposed to know if the relstionship is not heading anywhere within the first 3 months.....u wanna sure of a guys's dedication, deny him punny for months and c how it goes!
How d guy no go dey play along since ur punny is always at his beck and call!

You are so on point. I have seen so many girls wasting their precious youthful age waiting,wishing and hoping their so-called bf of five/six/ or seven years, would propose to them someday. WTH! Six months max, that is if the guy is ready for courtship, if not, it is better to stay single, than to keep supplying punny to different men.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by obowunmi(m): 10:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
Punny or no punny --- what will be, will be. What won't, won't. The fact you get married doesn't mean, marriage will last. You can get divorced, separated, widowed.

Life happens - sh, it happens.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Dipwater(m): 10:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
KINGwax: biliv me goldie, it's not. Plssssss

Six months is even too much,I culd tell if we are compatible on the first date .am serious
One major problem we have in nigeria is too much pretending as if. Everything is perfect
U don't need to dress in way dat uve never dressed b4 just to pls someone or speak phoney like no mans bizniz
Pls try to be urself,u can even meet dat special person in a danfo ,at the bus stop while its raining,on the street etc it musnt be one fairytale romantic nonsence ,seriously those things only happen in movies and romantic books

No matter how a guy or a girl pretends u will get to find out as the relationship progresses. Except u are just too dull. Thanks
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by wawaboy1(m): 10:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
I met my wife in March for the first time. August i did my intro. NOV. My trad and my wit wedding in Dec. And we are Living happily. Long or short courtship is not a guarantee for staying in marriage. Any lady above 25yrs shuld be mindful of whom she is going out wit. Some guys re time wasters. After enjoying u for yrs, they will cook up an excuse "My mother said , my father said or i want build a hse in vgc first?". Shine ur eyes.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by NosaHenry(m): 11:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
Brand_new: Helo Mr Acid, causes and why actually means the same thing...grin

Hello English teacher. It is MEAN not MEANS

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
i wanted to marry this lady after a yr of courtship, and she declined
she wants an additional 1yr . . that makes its 2yrs . .

there is nothing hidden under the sun that cannot be unraveled in 2years,
6mths, a whole lot can be hidden that would surface after marriage
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by lekanladepo: 2:29am On Sep 13, 2012
Actually, marriage is essentially made for all human beings.As we all know that we are now in the world of temptation. Some guyz planned to get married with a lady they met while reverse is now the case for all guyz and ladies who exercises an act of immeasurable-intimate-intercourse before marriage.We all know fully well that,religiously, God does not want sex before marriage and even though, traditionally,it is forbidden and abomination.As a couple, you have to plan,economically,psychologically, socially and spiritually for your on-line relationship and your up-coming marriage.The couple must strategise and work together for their future living. Their mind must be 1+1=1 not 1+1=2 or 3.Their thoughts,ideas and feelings must be equal so that all these things must been part and parcel in them during the courtship before heading to marriage.
Please note that if a friendship,dating,courtship is God's will,it will definitely lead to peaceful and everlasting marriage without any complain or regression.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by passionate88: 2:29am On Sep 13, 2012
Dipwater:

Six months is even too much,I culd tell if we are compatible on the first date .am serious
One major problem we have in nigeria is too much pretending as if. Everything is perfect
U don't need to dress in way dat uve never dressed b4 just to pls someone or speak phoney like no mans bizniz
Pls try to be urself,u can even meet dat special person in a danfo ,at the bus stop while its raining,on the street etc it musnt be one fairytale romantic nonsence ,seriously those things only happen in movies and romantic books

No matter how a guy or a girl pretends u will get to find out as the relationship progresses. Except u are just too dull. Thanks
why can't the gal propose?.. If I start dating and my lady proposed 2 me after courting 4 sm months.. I will accept it.. Forget the talk that a man should propose.. It isn't a must...
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by lekanladepo: 2:37am On Sep 13, 2012
Yeah! It is not a must for man to propose because of some reasons.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Nobody: 2:49am On Sep 13, 2012
A guy will usually know his wife within 2wks of meeting her, anything longer is just enjoyment, marriage is over rated

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by mecussey(m): 3:49am On Sep 13, 2012
Mynd_44:
They should pay you damages for wasting your time
una no go kill me
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Nobody: 4:04am On Sep 13, 2012
obowunmi: Punny or no punny --- what will be, will be. What won't, won't. The fact you get married doesn't mean, marriage will last. You can get divorced, separated, widowed.

Life happens - sh, it happens.
gbam!!! couldn't have put it any better.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Goldieluks: 4:18am On Sep 13, 2012
Gogobiri Lalas: A guy will usually know his wife within 2wks of meeting her, anything longer is just enjoyment, marriage is over rated

True talks coming from a guy.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by yankidelta(m): 5:03am On Sep 13, 2012
Well,marriage is not by yrs of dating, infact,it's becoming a regular for long-dating peeps to finally end in break-ups. My advice is:-
1.Please please always be yourself and stop pretending to be what you aint(esp ladies).You naturally attract the opposite sex this way.
2.Having sex shld not be a big issue cos that aint gonna hold any1 down.
3.Have something that keeps you engaged(career,passion or vocation).People love you more and will see some form of dedication in you. They are more likely to have faith and stay with you.
4.Ladies stop all this brazillian hair and bb craze it really sucks when a guy has such impression bout you. You stand lesser chances.
5.Watch your company cos that can be used to gauge you. Better to have enemies than some friend who will cause you harm.

With these few points you'll be better suited to attract a partner and keep em in marriage.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by obowunmi(m): 5:13am On Sep 13, 2012
@ yankidelta: good tips.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Josephnice: 5:59am On Sep 13, 2012
[quote author=acidtalk]

When will you ever grow up and start contributing wisely.
Since you joining nairaland around 5years ago till date you keep getting sillier each

Your reply really make me rolling on the floor. Shuo! You be real acid talk o[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by tantan: 6:06am On Sep 13, 2012
A MILLION YEARS OF COURTSHIP IS FAR DIFFERENT FROM MARIRAGE. THE ONLY WAY TO U/STAND EACH OTHER IS WEN U MARRY.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Iyoaye1(f): 6:18am On Sep 13, 2012
ndukwejoe: Nigerians ! I am ju ;Dst enjoying myself with the discussion between Mr acid and the guy that pointed the tautology.
grin
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Iyoaye1(f): 6:21am On Sep 13, 2012
Brand_new: Helo Mr A :Pcid, causes and why actually means the same thing...grin
hushh....Ela part I.Kpele acidtalk
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Iyoaye1(f): 6:27am On Sep 13, 2012
ayobase:
tongue
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by Dipwater(m): 6:48am On Sep 13, 2012
passionate88: why can't the gal propose?.. If I start dating and my lady proposed 2 me after courting 4 sm months.. I will accept it.. Forget the talk that a man should propose.. It isn't a must...

I agree with u.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by free2ryhme: 7:09am On Sep 13, 2012
acidtalk: When it comes to hearing people ho dated for several years (some up to 10years) with both the male and female's family members as well as friends all hoping and looking forward for the couples to tie the knot only for them to come up with tales of "incompatibility" issues and stories.

Stories of ladies (and sometimes guys) committing suicide due to breakup of relationship that lasted many several years only got ended when marriage talks where in progress.

The question is, why do so many years of courtship end up with excuses of incompatibility issues just before marriage.

If this people could date for years at what point did they decide they can't marry based on compatibility issues.

I know of two individuals that ended up marrying after 10 years of dating... They got married last week but such situation as this is rear believe you me
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by SalemLord(m): 7:32am On Sep 13, 2012
How can two set of people date for such a long time and at the end never marry each other, i think the both of them should go for a brain test. What is there if u date someone for six months or a year maximum and how can't u know a person for this period of time. I think the cause of dating for so long is for selfish interest.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by bamac(m): 7:48am On Sep 13, 2012
Goldieluks:

Because it is wrong to court someone for years without marrying that person. Six months courtship
should be the maximum, of getting to know one's partner.
...pls can u lecture me more on d crious minded thing cos i dnt realy get dt.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by bamac(m): 8:01am On Sep 13, 2012
Goldieluks:

So you are insinuating that the youths in Nigeria are not too keen on the idea of marriage?
When i mentioned a 'serious minded' person, i meant..
1. a person who is God fearing
2. ready for a commitment
3. ready to make sacrifices to get the best out of the courtship.

NOT

A desperado who wants to get married at all cost, due to aging or pressure from family,
or a gold-digger who wants to reap where he/she did not sow.
... So na only God fearing man fit make gud uzbnd? And al dz characters a man must v to make a gud uzbnd by u dictate to me dt only a perfect man make a good uzbnd,isnt it?
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by bamac(m): 8:09am On Sep 13, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:

Six months shd b maximum?? Are u kidding me?? Do u think ppl can‘t pretend for six months to get what they want?? For me,it‘s a minimum of 1.5yr to know each other well & if things don‘t work,u break up..cest finis.
... Pls increase d numba,if it is pretence den v seen som1 who pretendd 4 3yr and declare breakup afta he had gaind wat e wantd.
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by gunners160(m): 8:11am On Sep 13, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: My Wife and I courted for 6 years and still married for 4 years more.. so that makes it 10 years of being together.. this post is not well formed.
If you do not understand the dynamics of courtship/marriage please say so. You do not engage in courtship because you want it to end up in marriage, you do so because you need to understand your partner before you make a decision to be shag-partners or life-partners.. that is 6yrs of shagging which now comes free
u hv said it all u.dat is just it.people just dnt understand wat kourtship is all abt.hw wukd i date a gal 4 just 6 months?people pretends and u nid time 2 understand them.a broken rlship is beta than a broken marriage
Re: Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? by baddestday(m): 8:26am On Sep 13, 2012
Blame d economy for this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Six Years Relationship Almost Crashing / Two Nlanders Invites The Nairaland Family To Their Wedding. See Pre Wedding Pics / Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.