Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air (21003 Views)

Emirate Cabin Female Crew Needed / Female Cabin Crew (air Hostess) / Actors/actresses And Crew Needed For Film. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by MrGlobe(m): 2:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
Dad Lolade: Job Description

• Demonstrate aircraft emergency procedures and safety features to passenger.

• Ability to swim unaided 30 metres is an added advantage
• Basic knowledge of First Aid is an added advantage

www.channel801.com/Vacancies/arik-air-nigeria-recruits-cabin-crew.html
grin grin grin grin grin

30 metres for atlantic ocean?
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by Tokotaya: 2:22pm On Sep 11, 2012
Useful discussion. I salute all those who added value to this discourse. Kudos.
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by spartanian(m): 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
pls how much do dey pay as salary
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by temiflex01(m): 3:01am On Sep 12, 2012
see money..see death. God help o! I dnt knw the next airline... cry cry cry
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by lekanladepo: 5:24am On Sep 12, 2012
Nigeria wit big big money like billions billions. Thy don move from millions to billions now.......Nigeria........
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by Obinoscopy(m): 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
The closing date has passed (September 12)
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by Bisimuyiwa(m): 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2012
Have they started calling?pls,let me know whenever they are calling.thanks
Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2012
Esss:

Please any lawyers in the house?!

I would like to know if the highlighted portions of the requirements arent a breach of the consititutional right of Nigerians to not be discriminated due to circumstances of their birth?! Especially the height, beauty and weight parts?!

I have taken the liberty of even checking up on the constitution and here is what it says in CHAPTER IV, Article 41 of the Constition;

42. (1) A citizen of Nigeria of a particular community, ethnic group, place of origin, sex, religion or political opinion shall not, by reason only that he is such a person:-

(a) be subjected either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any executive or administrative action of the government, to disabilities or restrictions to which citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions are not made subject; or

(b) be accorded either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria or any such executive or administrative action, any privilege or advantage that is not accorded to citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions.

(2) No citizen of Nigeria shall be subjected to any disability or deprivation merely by reason of the circumstances of his birth.

(3) Nothing in subsection (1) of this section shall invalidate any law by reason only that the law imposes restrictions with respect to the appointment of any person to any office under the State or as a member of the armed forces of the Federation or member of the Nigeria Police Forces [size=14pt]or to an office in the service of a body, corporate established directly by any law in force in Nigeria[/size].

Basically, these requirements are prejudiced towards fat people, midgets and people under the height requirements and ugly people.

I might just be able to excuse the weight and height requirement as it can be argued that these can limit their ability to do the job, but to discriminate/judge a person based on looks is just criminal...

Please lawyers, explain this...

I don't see anything wrong with it. Imagine a 7' attendant? How would he/she be able to move comfortably in the plane while helping passengers? Would a 4' flight attendant be of any use to a passenger that needs to load luggage in the cabin?

1 Like

Re: Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air by smallvill(m): 1:07pm On Sep 17, 2012
Has arik started calling

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Funny Interview Experience / Can You Put A Job You Were Sacked From In Your CV? / Vacancies At International Development Organization- NERI Nigeria (10 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.