Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Foreign Aid (pros And Cons) Problems & Solutions "Help" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Aid (pros And Cons) Problems & Solutions "Help" (2544 Views)

We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) / Africa Needs Indigenous Investment, Not Foreign Aid - Achebe Colloquium / Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Aid (pros And Cons) Problems & Solutions "Help" by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:35am On Sep 11, 2012
Foreign aid usually signifies the financial assistance provided for the purpose of economic development and alleviating poverty. There can be different reasons for rendering foreign aid ranging from economic, humanitarian to political.
My fellow NLanders ... am working on this now, please i will love to have y
our contributions and views to "Problems and Solutions of foreign aid and assistance in international co-operation ........ I will love my fellow NL to help me out ......
THANKS
Re: Foreign Aid (pros And Cons) Problems & Solutions "Help" by 19naia(m): 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2012
why does so much foriegn aid food and other materials end up on the market.sold in the needy countries by the Officials or local leaders who recieved the aide free of charge and on behalf of the nations needy...And the needy usually cannot afford to buy the goods anyway and the not so needy local facilitators become even less needy or should i say more wealthy...The middle man is an expensive link in the chain of getting aide from the charitable to the destitute.....Free market and the freedom to rake profit at the expense of others very life and well being....The world estimates of all the foriegn aide distributed is rated as enough to supply all the needs of the needy..But capitalism always comes in to exploit oppurtunity so those who dont need can have more than enough at the expense of those who will likely die from lack of everything....I refuse to wear jewelry or fancy fashion clothes because of the nature of of capitalism and the true face of what is flaunted when people show off wealth.....Flaunt your wealth by charity..Yet in the united states it is estimated that 80% of charitable contributions go to pay salaries and official establishments of the charitable organization,while 20% actually goes to the needy...I can only imagine the problem is worse in poorer countries with harsh hierarchy caste and no efficient enforcement of rights....This is true with non gonernment organizations for charity as well as government to government foriegn aide....
Re: Foreign Aid (pros And Cons) Problems & Solutions "Help" by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:41am On Sep 12, 2012
19naia: why does so much foriegn aid food and other materials end up on the market.sold in the needy countries by the Officials or local leaders who recieved the aide free of charge and on behalf of the nations needy...And the needy usually cannot afford to buy the goods anyway and the not so needy local facilitators become even less needy or should i say more wealthy...The middle man is an expensive link in the chain of getting aide from the charitable to the destitute.....Free market and the freedom to rake profit at the expense of others very life and well being....The world estimates of all the foriegn aide distributed is rated as enough to supply all the needs of the needy..But capitalism always comes in to exploit oppurtunity so those who dont need can have more than enough at the expense of those who will likely die from lack of everything....I refuse to wear jewelry or fancy fashion clothes because of the nature of of capitalism and the true face of what is flaunted when people show off wealth.....Flaunt your wealth by charity..Yet in the united states it is estimated that 80% of charitable contributions go to pay salaries and official establishments of the charitable organization,while 20% actually goes to the needy...I can only imagine the problem is worse in poorer countries with harsh hierarchy caste and no efficient enforcement of rights....This is true with non gonernment organizations for charity as well as government to government foriegn aide....
Thankz .... I appreciate ... Am really all about the possible solutions to the dis(advadtanges) "problems" of foreign aide ... !!
Re: Foreign Aid (pros And Cons) Problems & Solutions "Help" by 19naia(m): 2:38am On Sep 13, 2012
Good on you there..i am living overseas from my home country and i share a house with a woman from the PEACE CORE of USA..i also was companion to a peace core worker when i was in asia...I often get informed of problems with efforts by UNICEF and medical brigades like when medicines for charity work get sold and poor sick people are forced to buy them at the normal price or higher,and as said earlier because middle man somewhere made profit and no one took notice...The foriegn aide workers here or any where foriegn are not sovreigns and as such are not welcome or priviledged to the rights to intervene in the coruption that diverts the resources they import....They just keep coming any way and find hope in the people who are helped and enjoy the sympathy....I think the most important thing is government to government diplomacy on how to authoritatively oversee the imported charity....How does one fix a problem that has been so obvious for so long and has evaded being touched for so long? How does one intervene on being robbed of charitable efforts when in a country that has poor justice stability and high risk of killing foriegn aide workers for speaking up? I wonder if those who do get rich by diverting charitable resources,ever make charitable offerings in their future as enriched people Good on world charitable efforts and i dont care to see any one giving up the good work

(1) (Reply)

Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause / My 7 Thoughts On The New Shekau Video. / Why Desola Was Banned - Bookmark This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.