Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (876538 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 01, 2017
bidemibunmi:
good evening doctors. I had fibroids and was pregnant with it. was on admission for bed rest from January to April. around may ending, i started bleeding and the pregnancy was 26 weeks then. on Saturday 3rd of June 2017. I had forced labour as the fibroid pushed the baby out at exactly 27 weeks. the baby was rushed to LUTH for incubator facility but died on the 8th of June.
I want to know how u can guide me as I waited for years to get this pregnancy and it ended like this.
what should I do now.
pls I am begging as I don't know myself again.

WhatsApp me...kindly be in patient with me if I don't reply as soon as you write.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 01, 2017
Mhizify:
Pls Dr.explain this result to me

It is okay having such semen analysis sheet. Do no more worry on staphylococcus spp as it is usually local around mucous interior milieu of the body being scanty.Proper diet collecting vitamins and minerals are enough for semen as well as a good personal hygiene.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 01, 2017
Exodux1299:
Hi Dr.I just join this forum not quit long,pls I will like to know how to correct a 0% dead sperm due to hard trying to get my wife conceive for a year now. I was told to resolve with herbal drugs but I still don't know the result and I was also told to stay off sex for 6month so as to regain my lost strength and may be the sperm will regenerate again,please help me out

Was it because you find it hard to cause your wife pregnant that you accuse yourself of having zero sperm count?
Have you done any semen analysis on it?
What about a profiling for your male hormones?
What about a scan of your reproductive organs?

Please seek help from a Urologist around you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jreyez(m): 8:34am On Jul 01, 2017
LuckyG1:

Sir,we don't judge here,that's not our responsibility.
D and C is not dangerous but like any minor surgery has its side of merit and demerit. In preference to it,some practitioners may choose in for MVA for reasons own to week of pregnancy at most 1st trimester.

I think D n C abortion should be carried out for a fetus below 500g and thus certainly may fall within the first trimester, at this point in time doing it may not prove fatal.
If she chooses to have a D n C done on her,she should ensure to ask the local practitioner some of these questions:

a) When is D n C legible for a pregnancy week?
b)What are the disadvantages of this D n C?
c)What are the reasonable fatality attach to it if things go bad?
d) Will it affect my fertility,how?
e)What are the side effect of it?
f)What to do before and after the procedure?
g)Signs I should look out for in cases of shock.
h)Others.

Thanks for the advice,
But we kept the baby......... cool

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Cutiekatty: 11:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
LuckyG1:

Just the yellowish mucous? No other symptoms?

yes just the yellowish mucus,no other symptoms. please what is it and what can you prescribe. Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 02, 2017
Cutiekatty:

yes just the yellowish mucus,no other symptoms. please what is it and what can you prescribe. Thank you.
Happy Sunday.
Such case of yours is largely synonymous to Rectal Discharges (Anal leakage). Other forms may come out purulent, fecal and hematous(bloody) or even fatty.
Rectal discharges possess many differentials and could stand as a sign to several rectal conditions yet obvious or better still a one just coming.
For the fact that it appears asymptomatic may not mean the otherwise, occultic stains may likely follow which may carry other meaning to this problem.
Commonly, yellowish anal discharges may result from inflammatory bowel disorders,anal wart,tumours, heamorrhoid,or even consumption of some fishes.
Please make yourself available to visit a clinic for rectal/fecal examination.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 8:42am On Jul 02, 2017
slimjosh43:

Can we chat on WhatsApp:
I'm afraid, no. Please, contact me via PM. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by drealsmile(m): 12:32am On Jul 03, 2017
please i need help i have genital wart, have tried a lot on getting it out it still grows am tired of trying and it spreading all over my private part...
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 03, 2017
Good morning sir.
We really feel demused about the situation at hand,the fact that little can be done about it makes a kind of harsh. You really have to understand that having the papillomatous means carrying it all for life,there is just no sure treatment that could actually stop having it grow. This does not all mean hope is loss cause treatment to anogenital warts streamlined to forestall growth of the wart.
Simply,if a treatment concern is not proving too effective in their extirpation,you are always advise to seek better ones from the local clinic around you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bidemibunmi: 5:51pm On Jul 07, 2017
LuckyG1:

WhatsApp me...kindly be in patient with me if I don't reply as soon as you write.
i dont have your wats App number
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sisisioge: 4:20am On Jul 08, 2017
drealsmile:
please i need help i have genital wart, have tried a lot on getting it out it still grows am tired of trying and it spreading all over my private part...

Hmmmm. You don enter one chance! Someone told me one could get them off by using a deodorant. Just get one, place in your freezer, let it almost freeze, then roll it over the warts. He said they would fall off after drying.

I will suggest you throw it away after use. Na deodorant o, the ones we call "roll-on". Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pwettyella(f): 10:21pm On Jul 10, 2017
[quote author=LuckyG1 post=58068143
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 11, 2017
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 11, 2017
Pwettyella:

Pls sir I need ur help
I dont want to be judged
Sir I got pregnant, two weeks
I took the abortion pill
Ever sincr have been bleeding
Have be bleeding for 8days now
Sir I don't know what to do
Pls help me
Good morning ma. It is none of us to judge but to give support with candour. Usually certain form of bleeding is allowed respect to use of abortion inducing pills,some of such bleeding may take time a few and some a bizarre twist. Bleeding for an 8-day is sure enough to cause certain changes to the body chemistry though it depends on severity.
There is little we can help if it all end in you not visiting the clinic for urgency and also be quick at it too. Excess bleeding can derange the body's compensatory mechanism to shock,one thing known to associating with Sepsis after abortion.
Do well to visit the clinic,open up completely just as you did here. Tell them the induce pill(s) use and others. If the abortion was missed, it will be completely done away and with some days more bleeding will stop. Antibiotics may be applicable for instances of sepsis.
Putting oneself on diet that can improve ones red blood cells is also advised.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kweenkong(f): 7:34am On Jul 11, 2017
Good morning all,
Pls I am pregnant and started bleeding yesterday rushed to get a scan done. Was given primolut injection which has stopped the bleeding. Attached is the scan result which indicates I have fibriod. Although the dr tried to reassure me but I am so worried. I am to see my gynea today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pwettyella(f): 7:48am On Jul 11, 2017
[quote author=LuckyG1 post=58333979]
Good morning ma.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Q12(m): 11:19pm On Jul 12, 2017
Please remember that the doctors here are doing a fantastic job. Remember you can inbox them privately or go to http://docotal.com/ and get a free private medical consultation/follow-up.

Health issues should be taken very seriously. Information is power.

I wish you the best of luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiJcE_CsWX8
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 14, 2017
yettybaby112:
hello Dr,
Result of my HSG :Normal uterine cavity and patent fallopian tubes.
Result of Day 3 hormonal profile : Raised LH and low progesterone.

FSH 5.10. (1.0-14.0) Normal
LH 12.15. (1.0-11.0) Raised
PROLACTIN 9.01. (2.0-24.0) Normal
PROGESTERONE 1.40. (2.0-25.0) Low
I have irregular periods and TTC for 8months, please Help

Good evening ma. Persistent rise of LH at the beginning of a menstrual cycle doesn't mean in actual sense all is wrong,although ones expectation could have counted in having a low LH if at all profiling showed a fall in gonadal hormones. Both FSH and LH in the early interval of a cycle is produced in the preparation of a dorminant follicle,but the FSH sustains it better. Depth within the cycle,it is expected that your FSH will shadow over this LH of yours,and then may result in you having this LH or get lowered until some hours before ovulation.

Since a new cycle has started being day 3 at it,a progesterone hormone is expected to get low as to permit the desquamation of the uterine wall. This should lead to bleeding.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pwettyella(f): 11:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
LuckyG1:

Good morning ma. It is none of us to judge but to give support with candour. Usually certain form of bleeding is allowed respect to use of abortion inducing pills,some of such bleeding may take time a few and some a bizarre twist. Bleeding for an 8-day is sure enough to cause certain changes to the body chemistry though it depends on severity.
There is little we can help if it all end in you not visiting the clinic for urgency and also be quick at it too. Excess bleeding can derange the body's compensatory mechanism to shock,one thing known to associating with Sepsis after abortion.
Do well to visit the clinic,open up completely just as you did here. Tell them the induce pill(s) use and others. If the abortion was missed, it will be completely done away and with some days more bleeding will stop. Antibiotics may be applicable for instances of sepsis.
Putting oneself on diet that can improve ones red blood cells is also advised.
Pls can I get your number
And possibly ur hospital address
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by wowfairy(f): 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2017
Good day doc pls I need your help,I am TTC and last year .Oct I had an ultrasound that indicated PID although I was not having any symptoms I got treated with gentamycin injection flagull ciprotab with my husband.after the treatment I started having cheese like discharge which later went and by December I started experiencing pain in my lower abdomen and smelly milky white discharge.I di d anoda scan which showed Pidand I was given anoda treatment but all to no avail I noticed that it keeps going and coming and i am really worried especially from the negative effects of PID.Pls help me with a permanent solution..
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 16, 2017
wowfairy:
Good day doc pls I need your help,I am TTC and last year .Oct I had an ultrasound that indicated PID although I was not having any symptoms I got treated with gentamycin injection flagull ciprotab with my husband.after the treatment I started having cheese like discharge which later went and by December I started experiencing pain in my lower abdomen and smelly milky white discharge.I di d anoda scan which showed Pidand I was given anoda treatment but all to no avail I noticed that it keeps going and coming and i am really worried especially from the negative effects of PID.Pls help me with a permanent solution..

Good morning and a happy Sunday,Wowfairy.
Firstly,you should appreciate the fact that once one have had P.I.D before it's of certain chance it could come back especially if one is sexually active. Chances of it returning are mostly own to self and lifestyle provided all things remain unchanged.
Sequela of the pelvic P.I.D may be as a result of:
1) Use of nonsensitive and nonspecific medications.

2) Short term treatment based on alleviating symptoms not the disease causing agent.

3) Douching or any related pattern of it that introduces vaginal microbiota into the uterine cervix.

4)Not treating ones sex partner even if the condition repeat itself more than once. Whenever a P.I.D repeats you are always to carryout a test for yourself and advice your sex partner to do so. Sometimes it could be coming back on the oblivion that your sex partner may be affairs with several copulating mates. Thus serving as a reservoir almost when you think you are done off with it.

5) Having more than one sex partner(you).

6)Using same medications for same PID complaint. Trying other sensitive medications instead of the first and first may prove helpful.

7)Not treating cases of lower abdominal and lower urinary tract infection properly.

It is therefore advisable that you do visit a medical laboratory and have another test done on you and sex partner. Stick to a different but sensitive option of treatment for you and sex partner. Stay to treatment timely required. Avoid any form of lifestyle that can cause introduction of vaginal microbiota into the womb.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by skimpyfaith: 7:43am On Jul 16, 2017
LuckyG1:

Good Sunday. There are few things to say about your Prolactin, LH and Estradiol but it is necessary we wait to see what comes of your progesterone but from the look out of thongs it may turn if it was done same period with these. Please remind the house again when it has been finally assayed to concluded on you. In addition to this,tell us the day of cycle this profiling was done.

Space deficit due to opacity may give a sense of a mass. For this it is expected that you do another pelvis ultrasound to confirm.
I recently had a hsg procedure and a vaginal ultrasound. It showed both tubes are opacified and are normal in outline and caliber. Bilateral patent tube.
A moderate capacity uterine cavity with regular margin and persistent filling defect was opacified.

My hormonal assay showed that
fSH is 14.1mUI/ml
LH is 7.3mUI/mI
Estradiol is 17.3pg/ml
Prolatin is 29ng/ml
My progesterone test isn't out yet.
The gynaecologist said there are some defects in my uterus that could be indicative of fibroid but he isn't sure.
Please what do I do as I have never been pregnant all my life and I have been TTC for over 6months Now.

I did HSG on the 10th day of my circle while FSH, LH, Estradiol and Prolatin was done on the 2nd of my cirle
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 16, 2017
skimpyfaith:
I recently had a hsg procedure and a vaginal ultrasound. It showed both tubes are opacified and are normal in outline and caliber. Bilateral patent tube.
A moderate capacity uterine cavity with regular margin and persistent filling defect was opacified.

fSH is 14.1mUI/ml
LH is 7.3mUI/mI
Estradiol is 17.3pg/ml
Prolatin is 29ng/ml
My progesterone test isn't out yet.
The gynaecologist said there are some defects in my uterus that could be indicative of fibroid but he isn't sure.
Please what do I do as I have never been pregnant all my life and I have been TTC for over 6months Now.

Good Sunday. There are few things to say about your Prolactin, LH and Estradiol but it is necessary we wait to see what comes of your progesterone but from the look out of thongs it may turn if it was done same period with these. Please remind the house again when it has been finally assayed to concluded on you. In addition to this,tell us the day of cycle this profiling was done.

Space deficit due to opacity may give a sense of a mass. For this it is expected that you do another pelvis ultrasound to confirm.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by skimpyfaith: 11:25am On Jul 16, 2017
Hsg was done on the 10th day while the hormonal assay was on the 2nd day of my cycle. The progesterone test was done yesterday, day 21 of my cycle
LuckyG1:

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by KingToba(m): 10:43pm On Jul 16, 2017
GOOD NEWS
Are you suffering from any disease or you know anybody suffering from disease like high blood pressure,kidney problem, obesity, ulcer, infertility in men, low lipido, fibrod, diabetes, and so on then contact Mr Edward on 09028499060, for the product supplement like(Tre-en-en, omega3,provitality) to use and buy. Delivery of supplement is in any location of Nigeria.
From Edward
Neo life Health Consultant.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by skimpyfaith: 8:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
recently had a hsg procedure and a vaginal ultrasound. It showed both tubes are opacified and are normal in outline and caliber. Bilateral patent tube.

fSH is 14.1mUI/ml
LH is 7.3mUI/mI
Estradiol is 17.3pg/ml
Prolatin is 29ng/ml
Progesterone 16.3

Hsg was done on day 10, progesterone on day 21 the other hormonal level were tested on day 2.

What are my chances of getting pregnant
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bograd83(f): 8:16am On Jul 24, 2017
good morning to you all. please I need your assistant am trying for baby two and I do know when I ovulate always and after ovulation sometimes before my period I do feel light cramp in which I thought is a sign that maybe am pregnant later I will still see my period. what do u think I can do
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Olujanny: 2:51pm On Jul 24, 2017
Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Favic1(m): 7:35am On Jul 26, 2017
Dear House,

I will like to express my feelings. I went to Smith Medical Centre at Ipori in 8,Afric Road today. The attention given to me
was bad and I was treated badly because I'm using Hygeia(HMO). I need a Good hospital in Lagos that specialize in Gynecologist
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Saraben(f): 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hy Doc
Two weeks back, I went to a lab for an infection test and the results was a shocker as I was told I have staphylococcus aureus I don't even know if it is an STD or UTI and I was told the treatment is expensive so I came bk home because I wasn't financially buoyant.. Am jst 23years and a corper I don't know if you can help with prescription as I promise not to abuse the usage of the drugs cos i am really scared. Attached is the result

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by scarchiji: 3:19am On Jul 30, 2017
Hello Dr. a friend did a D and C but she's yet to see her first period and its the 9th week already, what could be responsible for that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.