Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877269 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pojomojo: 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2019
Good morning house,

I got married in June this year, I am yet to be pregnant. In July this year after my normal period, I was still seeing my menz but after a visit to the hospital and treating PID.

Last month, hubby and I made love on the days of my ovulation. I just saw my period yesterday.

Please, help
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
Pojomojo:
Good morning house,

I got married in June this year, I am yet to be pregnant. In July this year after my normal period, I was still seeing my menz but after a visit to the hospital and treating PID.

Last month, hubby and I made love on the days of my ovulation. I just saw my period yesterday.

Please, help
You ( the couple) will only be confirmed infertile with an inability to conceive after a year of corporate and regular sexual intercourse but with no pregnancy to show.
It would not be wise to worry about conception just 1-2month of regular sexual activities, as some delays may necessary not be from any known cause. Ensure to keep records of your ovulation date properly, stay on pre-pregnancy planned vitamins and minerals for normal body growth and development. Keep a healthy mind and involve less in strenuous activities and exercises.
Remember, this does not stop you from visiting the clinic or laboratory for quick check up for things that are answerable in minutes.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 4:11pm On Nov 14, 2019
urcutecrush:

After tubal flushing he placed an IUD inside of me to balance my hormone so I can ovulate and also open up my cervix.That was what he did and he explained it to me but I cannot find such procedure online.

Let me get something clear, before the flushing was done what was your primary reason of seeking his service?

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by urcutecrush(f): 8:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
2Ballz:

Let me get something clear, before the flushing was done what was your primary reason of seeking his service?
I did an abdominal scan and the result was hormomal imbalance,endomitrisis and PID.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 6:56am On Nov 15, 2019
urcutecrush:

I did an abdominal scan and the result was hormomal imbalance,endomitrisis and PID.
Good morning, so the tubal flush was done for what precisely?
The endometriosis? A blockage due to chronic PID?
Apology, I ask too many questions. It is necessary for myself than for you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by urcutecrush(f): 7:33am On Nov 15, 2019
2Ballz:

Good morning, so the tubal flush was done for what precisely?
The endometriosis? A blockage due to chronic PID?
Apology, I ask too many questions. It is necessary for myself than for you.
Good morning,A blockage due to chronic PID.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 6:10am On Nov 16, 2019
urcutecrush:

Good morning,A blockage due to chronic PID.
Good morning. To assure you better the progestin containing IUD is merely for the Endometriosis and all else that comes are secondary. This means your not going to have your normal bleeding cycle for some months. This is a good management especially for Endometriosis interna. As for opening your cervix as to what your doc said that I can not tell right now, but be rest assured whatsoever he did was for your good and wellness.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Shidaota1: 7:19am On Nov 16, 2019
Good morning, God bless you all
Please I NEED HELP
I'm in my late 20s, I have a 3 year old.
Myself and and my husband have been trying to conceive since June this year, but to no result.

Before then, the only way we tried to control pregnancy was not to cum inside me, and it worked. But now that we are ready, my menstrual cycle has been deceiving me, sometimes it won't won't come untill after 40 to 50 days.
Please help me
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:58pm On Nov 16, 2019
Shidaota1:
Good morning, God bless you all
Please I NEED HELP
I'm in my late 20s, I have a 3 year old.
Myself and and my husband have been trying to conceive since June this year, but to no result.

Before then, the only way we tried to control pregnancy was not to cum inside me, and it worked. But now that we are ready, my menstrual cycle has been deceiving me, sometimes it won't won't come untill after 40 to 50 days.
Please help me
Have you seen a doctor in regards to this?
What did he say?

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Shidaota1: 9:28pm On Nov 16, 2019
Thanks for replying.

I visited the hospital 2 months ago, to do an abdominal scan, the result said I was fine.
Before then, I had had some funny movement in my stomach, did scan and was told it's ovarian cyst. Used some prescribed drugs after.

All this was before the last scan I went for

What did he say?
[/quote]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Shidaota1: 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2019
Thanks for replying.

I visited the hospital 2 months ago, to do an abdominal scan, the result said I was fine.
Before then, I had had some funny movement in my stomach, did scan and was told it's ovarian cyst. Used some prescribed drugs after.

2Ballz:

What did he say?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 6:17am On Nov 17, 2019
Shidaota1:
Thanks for replying.

Good morning ma.
So, the doctor did not say anything about your not observing regular cycles or it hasn't actually turned out this way then?

Apart from this, what other changes should you want to tell me again you think is very important to share with a doctor?

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Shidaota1: 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2019
Good day Sir,
The Changes had not started really then.
I didn't even see my period all through the month of October. Last seen was Sept 26, all of a sudden I saw it two days ago.

Another thing I noticed before the cycle came was V discharges. Although I was contemplating on visiting the clinic before I now saw my menstrual cycle again
2Ballz:

Good morning ma.
So, the doctor did not say anything about your not observing regular cycles or it hasn't actually turned out this way then?

Apart from this, what other changes should you want to tell me again you think is very important to share with a doctor?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2019
Shidaota1:

Good day Sir,
The Changes had not started really then.
I didn't even see my period all through the month of October. Last seen was Sept 26, all of a sudden I saw it two days ago.

Another thing I noticed before the cycle came was V discharges. Although I was contemplating on visiting the clinic before I now saw my menstrual cycle again
What sort of vaginal discharges had you then?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pojomojo: 9:03am On Nov 28, 2019
Thanks
2Ballz:

You ( the couple) will only be confirmed infertile with an inability to conceive after a year of corporate and regular sexual intercourse but with no pregnancy to show.
It would not be wise to worry about conception just 1-2month of regular sexual activities, as some delays may necessary not be from any known cause. Ensure to keep records of your ovulation date properly, stay on pre-pregnancy planned vitamins and minerals for normal body growth and development. Keep a healthy mind and involve less in strenuous activities and exercises.
Remember, this does not stop you from visiting the clinic or laboratory for quick check up for things that are answerable in minutes.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mahkanjuh: 9:22am On Nov 29, 2019
Please, Drs in the house, since delivery, my wife's libido has been zero, maybe minus self, with vagina dryness, sore and stuffs, this is 6months. Funny enough, she delivered via C/S, please....what can be done?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Shidaota1: 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2019
I still have it. I don't think it's normal
Transparent/Milk colour
Fishy Smell kinda
I get concious and feel it wet me like a menstruation drop. Although not as much as menstruation drops. I see it everyday �
2Ballz:

What sort of vaginal discharges had you then?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 29, 2019
Good day doc, I have had a natural miscarriage in August due to Blighted Ovum(First pregnancy after 3 years marriage )
After the MC I did pelvic scan and the uterus is empty and no infection whatsoever.
Fast forward to October I saw my first period which lasted for the usual 5days
Less than 3weeks later I started spotting and bleed for over 2 weeks before my gynae recommended contraceptive pill and it stopped , another two week later I saw my period again and that has been for a week now
(I am still on the pills and the period refuse to stop)
Before I got pregnant, I do see my period once in 3months
What could really be happening
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 5:34am On Nov 30, 2019
mahkanjuh:
Please, Drs in the house, since delivery, my wife's libido has been zero, maybe minus self, with vagina dryness, sore and stuffs, this is 6months. Funny enough, she delivered via C/S, please....what can be done?
Why hasn't she report to the clinic about this?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 5:45am On Nov 30, 2019
Shidaota1:
I still have it. I don't think it's normal
Transparent/Milk colour
Fishy Smell kinda
I get concious and feel it wet me like a menstruation drop. Although not as much as menstruation drops. I see it everyday �
A fishy odour vaginal exudate is likely a vaginal or uterine cervix inflammation with Gardnerella vaginalis. Get to have High Vaginal Swab done in any good medical laboratory centre, and follow sensitivity as written after culturing.

I will go through our numerous chats again during the day to get myself fully nursed with all we have discussed so far after which I will put in my advice where it should be.
Good morning.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 5:51am On Nov 30, 2019
yettybaby112:
Good day doc, I have had a natural miscarriage in August due to Blighted Ovum(First pregnancy after 3 years marriage )
After the MC I did pelvic scan and the uterus is empty and no infection whatsoever.
Fast forward to October I saw my first period which lasted for the usual 5days
Less than 3weeks later I started spotting and bleed for over 2 weeks before my gynae recommended contraceptive pill and it stopped , another two week later I saw my period again and that has been for a week now
(I am still on the pills and the period refuse to stop)
Before I got pregnant, I do see my period once in 3months
What could really be happening
Have you reported this present discomfort to your Gynae?
What did he say?
What is the name of the contraceptive given to you?
Assuming I saw this late, has anything changed between now and when you posted this?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Monmarri: 2:10pm On Dec 02, 2019
Hello house please I need advice, my wife did HSG and some findings on the report was that the cervical caliber of the canal is small and it has a wavy outline. Please what does this mean? She went to her gynecologist and he did examination lithotomy by hanging her legs up and pictures were taken to check the hole of the womb. he then explained to my wife that it is small and need a Mimi surgery to open it for free flow of sperm. Please have any body experience this before. If yes kindly share and advice. Many thanks

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 4:43am On Dec 03, 2019
Monmarri:
Hello house please I need advice, my wife did HSG and some findings on the report was that the cervical caliber of the canal is small and it has a wavy outline. Please what does this mean? She went to her gynecologist and he did examination lithotomy by hanging her legs up and pictures were taken to check the hole of the womb. he then explained to my wife that it is small and need a Mimi surgery to open it for free flow of sperm. Please have any body experience this before. If yes kindly share and advice. Many thanks
Calibre is the interior diameter. It is shortened by demonstration of its wavy course. Thus, the spill may hardly drive up posteriorly if it is brought by foreign tissue mass or merely by narrowing of its inflow.

The nearest and most common object of suspicion could like be uterocervical fibroid or polyps. If this is not, it would be necessary (for me) to know her signs and symptoms before embarking on this investigation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 03, 2019
2Ballz:

Have you reported this present discomfort to your Gynae?
What did he say?
What is the name of the contraceptive given to you?
Assuming I saw this late, has anything changed between now and when you posted this?

Yes, he gave me the contraceptive (levofem)
I am still on the pill so the blood has stopped, but anytime I stopped the bleeding will start
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Monmarri: 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2019
2Ballz:

Calibre is the interior diameter. It is shortened by demonstration of its wavy course. Thus, the spill may hardly drive up posteriorly if it is brought by foreign tissue mass or merely by narrowing of its inflow.

The nearest and most common object of suspicion could like be uterocervical fibroid or polyps. If this is not, it would be necessary (for me) to know her signs and symptoms before embarking on this investigation.

She doesn't have pain at all. Attached is the test of the fibroid. I await your response. Thank you

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 2:17pm On Dec 03, 2019
Monmarri:

She doesn't have pain at all. Attached is the test of the fibroid. I await your response. Thank you
The pathology is Uterine leiomyomas, meaning Fibroid.
It is multiple by demonstration. However, size of each mass is not something to worry about..
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2019
yettybaby112:

Yes, he gave me the contraceptive (levofem)
I am still on the pill so the blood has stopped, but anytime I stopped the bleeding will start
Were you told that some significant spotting is part of stopping the pills?
Also, how did you stop using the pill, was it abruptly or stopping by dose reduction?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by flexiblegrl: 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2019
Please house, I need help. I was diagnose of have submucous fibroid, removed it in July and I just saw my period. I am tired and depressed. What do I do?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2019
flexiblegrl:
Please house, I need help. I was diagnose of have submucous fibroid, removed it in July and I just saw my period. I am tired and depressed. What do I do?
What's causing your depression? What are you tired about?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Monmarri: 9:32pm On Dec 03, 2019
2Ballz:

The pathology is Uterine leiomyomas, meaning Fibroid.
It is multiple by demonstration. However, size of each mass is not something to worry about..

So what is your suggestions. Should my wife go for the surgery to open her cervical?
See message below

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2019
Monmarri:

So what is your suggestions. Should my wife go for the surgery to open her cervical?
See message below

Surgery may not be necessary if conclusion were based on those implications ( - ve) except for the narrowing of the cervical canal.
How narrowed is the cervical canal?
Does it lead to complete or partial closure of her endocervix?
What could be responsible for the narrowing?
Does she have retention of Menstrual fluid most of the time?
Does she treat vaginal infection often?
Has she given birth to a baby before?
Was any form of surgery done on her lower reproductive organ before?

It is only when these questions are answered I can give suggestion for a surgery or not but in the absence of any suitable answers, I would prefer you rely on the suggestion given by your physical doctor.

Good morning.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Monmarri: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2019
2Ballz:

Surgery may not be necessary if conclusion were based on those implications ( - ve) except for the narrowing of the cervical canal.
How narrowed is the cervical canal? from the picture he took , it shows that my wife cervical canal is small.
Does it lead to complete or partial closure of her endocervix? From the HSG scan it shows partial but the doctor didn't explain that, just said that the opening of the cervical canal is small.
What could be responsible for the narrowing? I don't know please
Does she have retention of Menstrual fluid most of the time? No
Does she treat vaginal infection often? No
Has she given birth to a baby before? She had miscarriage last year
Was any form of surgery done on her lower reproductive organ before? No

It is only when these questions are answered I can give suggestion for a surgery or not but in the absence of any suitable answers, I would prefer you rely on the suggestion given by your physical doctor.

Good morning.

Many thanks for your response. Kindly see responses in bold (above,) Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.