Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877422 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:25pm On Jun 28, 2020
Detumi:
Good morning doctor,

We have been trying to conceive for 10 months now, we have done HSG, Hormonal profile and SFA. The HSG and Hormonal profile came out okay. However, my hubby's progressive sperm motility is 35 percent with a count of 87million and normal form of 60 percent.

My question therefore is that is it possible to conceive with a sperm motility of 35 percent?My gynae gave my husband a drug called hyponidd, does hyponidd improve sperm quality in any way?

Is there any other thing you suggest we should do?

Thank you for your time doc.

God bless you.
Acceptable standard for Motility should be > 50%. But with 35% though bad, it is really not worse. Still it is not the man's fault. Motility can be affected by:
1) shape of spermatozoons:- there are chances of poor motility if more abnormal spermatozoons seem to go into seminal flotation.

2) volume and even liquefaction of semen:-If volume of semen is small and takes a longer time to liquefy.

A change in both or even in one cause(s) can increase increase motility. Since motility is related to energy, spermatozoons with less exposure to substances that could facilitate this condition may find difficult to survive.

Does your husband has Diabetics Mellitus?
Could have your doctor prescribed Hyponidd to help with this so he could his motility increased?

This is the question I think you should have asked him having clearly understood in a no clearer pattern why Diabetes on its own affect fertility of both a man and a woman.

I can't suggest anything till I would have talked with you properly and view all your laboratory works.

Kindly use my profile signature to write me privately.
or use this link: https:///2348176371308

Charges following.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 3:29pm On Jun 28, 2020
iwinnie:
happy Sunday to everyone in the house...

I just stumbled on this page today.

I went for antenatal yesterday and doctor says I'll likely fall into labor this week(Edd is July 4th, 7th)
but if I don't I should come back 2 the hospital on Saturday..

but since yesterday my pelvic bones towards my vjaay aches a lot when I try to stand up and I can barely walk properly..
is this something to worry about?
please help a first time mom
I don't think it is something to worry about. There must always be one or two side difficulties or discomfort as you approach EDD. Anytime from now is a take off, yours is to prepare for it. Should you feel more less at ease, don't hesitate to reach out to your doctor.

All the best to labour!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iwinnie(f): 5:30pm On Jun 28, 2020
2Ballz:

I don't think it is something to worry about. There must always be one or two side difficulties or discomfort as you approach EDD. Anytime from now is a take off, yours is to prepare for it. Should you feel more less at ease, don't hesitate to reach out to your doctor.

All the best to labour!

thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dbryan: 6:06pm On Jun 28, 2020
Good evening doctors in the house please don’t read and pass sir/na.
Please I have a question for all doctors in the house, during the birth of my first baby was given tear and sewed while my second baby pushed through the tear during childbirth and it wasn’t sewed, so it was left like that all this happened in a maternity home.
Now my third preg and properly the last I want to register in fmc or general hospital though it’s a bit far but I need the vj to be sewed very well even though it’s painful as hell.
Now my question is do they numb the pain when sewing and is it possible to sew even when there’s no fresh tear,pls don’t read and pass I need this information want to start antenatal by Monday.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Halcyon123(f): 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2020
Had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy
2Ballz:

Can I know the reason you went for the exploratory Laparotomy ?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by KrazzyAndy(m): 4:55am On Jun 29, 2020
Errm i know this is a wrong thread to ask this but i did not feel the need to open another for it since people will probably ignore it so doctors/pharmacist in the house please can you help me out with a antidepressants drug that is not to expensive and can be seen everywhere also sleeping pills to cause my insomnia is getting worse lately cry cry
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pojomojo: 7:56pm On Jun 29, 2020
Detumi:
Good morning doctor,

We have been trying to conceive for 10 months now, we have done HSG, Hormonal profile and SFA. The HSG and Hormonal profile came out okay. However, my hubby's progressive sperm motility is 35 percent with a count of 87million and normal form of 60 percent.

My question therefore is that is it possible to conceive with a sperm motility of 35 percent?My gynae gave my husband a drug called hyponidd, does hyponidd improve sperm quality in any way?

Is there any other thing you suggest we should do?

Thank you for your time doc.

God bless you.
35% motility chances are a slim.
The count is very good.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Giftee111: 8:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
Good evening doctors in the house...
I gave birth two weeks ago at 38 weeks, after being induced as a result of gestational diabetes.
I laboured for 24 hours and gave birth to a baby of 4.3kg, I had a 3rd degree tear nd I was stitched. After 2 days I noticed that feaces was coming out from my vagina. A repair was done but the next day I noticed poo was still coming out from the vagina.
Is there anything that can be done to correct this except a surgery?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by GreaterGraceGG(f): 4:37am On Jun 30, 2020
Good morning doctors in the house, lately I have been having period pain 12 days before period which makes me not to have interest in se.x because it is so painful. No sign of ovulation too. Please what is the cause and what can I do? (I just started trying to conceive my 2nd after 3years and I was never on contraceptive). Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:28am On Jun 30, 2020
GreaterGraceGG:
Good morning doctors in the house, lately I have been having period pain 12 days before period which makes me not to have interest in se.x because it is so painful. No sign of ovulation too. Please what is the cause and what can I do? (I just started trying to conceive my 2nd after 3years and I was never on contraceptive). Thanks
If you are having abdominal pains 12 days before period with no occurrence of ovulation, differentials to this pain could be normal cyclic hormonal alterations(ovulatory or nonovulatory). It could be ovulatory but you are having difficulty to locate it awareness. Why do you think you are not ovulating?
If this is nonovulatory, it may also be hormonal changes that follows with either with fibroid, Adenomyosis, appendicitis or whatever. Remember, this sort of pain usually may follow with other symptoms and signs. If this has been for a long time, please see a doctor for help. But is it just coming? Why not watch to see if it will improve or worsened for at most 2-3 cycles.

For Indepth review/ privacy /charges. Use:
https:///2348176371308
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:41am On Jun 30, 2020
Giftee111:
Good evening doctors in the house...
I gave birth two weeks ago at 38 weeks, after being induced as a result of gestational diabetes.
I laboured for 24 hours and gave birth to a baby of 4.3kg, I had a 3rd degree tear nd I was stitched. After 2 days I noticed that feaces was coming out from my vagina. A repair was done but the next day I noticed poo was still coming out from the vagina.
Is there anything that can be done to correct this except a surgery?
It is a Rectovaginal fistula. Since all have been done to prevent the exit of intestinal content from leaking through the vagina and yet no stopping, the most available option to try will be Surgery. This should be fast as slowness to act may give time for complications.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:49am On Jun 30, 2020
KrazzyAndy:
Errm i know this is a wrong thread to ask this but i did not feel the need to open another for it since people will probably ignore it so doctors/pharmacist in the house please can you help me out with a antidepressants drug that is not to expensive and can be seen everywhere also sleeping pills to cause my insomnia is getting worse lately cry cry

Kindly meet up with your doctor to closely examine you properly, so he can see how unfit you are to taking any of these anxiolytics for help. We can't help for reasons own to abuse of such drugs and also to avoid prescription with no health history linked to your request.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:51am On Jun 30, 2020
Halcyon123:
Had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy
Use this:
https:///2348176371308 ( indepth review/privacy/charges)
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by GreaterGraceGG(f): 9:33am On Jun 30, 2020
2Ballz:

If you are having abdominal pains 12 days before period with no occurrence of ovulation, differentials to this pain could be normal cyclic hormonal alterations(ovulatory or nonovulatory). It could be ovulatory but you are having difficulty to locate it awareness. Why do you think you are not ovulating?
If this is nonovulatory, it may also be hormonal changes that follows with either with fibroid, Adenomyosis, appendicitis or whatever. Remember, this sort of pain usually may follow with other symptoms and signs. If this has been for a long time, please see a doctor for help. But is it just coming? Why not watch to see if it will improve or worsened for at most 2-3 cycles.

For Indepth review/ privacy /charges. Use:
https:///2348176371308
Another symptom is back pain and it is Just for 3 months now.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rursh(m): 1:47am On Jul 02, 2020
For General health or fertility issues contact via Call or Whatsapp on 08037737245
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gracebetome: 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2020
Please i need help to analyze this semen result, Drs in the house kindly help me.

Time produce 12:05pm,
Time Received 12:10pm,
Time Examine 2:15pm
Method: Masturbation
Days of Abstinence 5days
Appearance: Creamy White
Volume: 2.5mils
Viscosity: Non-Viscous
Pus cell: 2-4/Hpf
Liquefaction; completely in L 20mins
RBC: Nill
PH: 9.0
Epith cell: Nill
Progression: Active 10% Sluggish 15%
Motility: Motile25% non motile 75%
Morphology: Normal 40% abnormal 60%
Semen Count: 19 million sperm cell per mil
Total count: 47.5 million/total ejaculate

Abnormalities Seen: dead cells 15%, Bent neck 10%, Curved tail 20%, doublehead 10%, and elongated head 5%

Culture was done, NO infection
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Hermeknorr(f): 8:12pm On Jul 07, 2020
Drs in the House, Can You Kindly be of help? We,ve been battling male Factor for over 4 yrs now.
Please i need help to analyze this semen result, Drs in the house kindly help me.

Time produce 11:006Am,
Time Received 11:14Am,
Time Examine 11:29AM
Days of Abstinence 5days
Appearance: Creamy
Volume: 1.5mils
Liquefaction; 21mins
RBC: 0-1
PH: 8.0
Epith cell: 0-1
Progression: Active 0% Sluggish 0%
Motility: Motile0% non motile 100%
Morphology: Normal 45% abnormal 46%
Semen Count: 14.3million sperm cell per mil
Volume: 1.5 mls
Vitality: dead 100%, Alive 0%
Pathogens Isolated: Staphylococcus aureus
Gentamicin: S
Quinupristin/Dalfopristin: S
Rifampin:S
Linezolid: S.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:26am On Jul 08, 2020
Gracebetome:

Time produce 12:05pm,
Time Received 12:10pm,
Time Examine 2:15pm
Days of Abstinence 5days
Appearance: Creamy White
Volume: 2.5mils
Liquefaction; completely in L 20mins
RBC: Nill
PH: 9.0
Epith cell: Nill
Progression: Active 10% Sluggish 15%
Motility: Motile25% non motile 75%
Morphology: Normal 40% abnormal 60%
Semen Count: 19 million sperm cell per mil
Total count: 47.5 million/total ejaculate

Abnormalities Seen: dead cells 15%, Bent neck 10%, Curved tail 20%, doublehead 10%, and elongated head 5%

Culture was done, NO infection

Impression: Asthenoteratozoospermia ( abnormalities in both shape and movement ability of the sperm). Moderate shape defect.

Often times, just as I have always been explaining whenever shape is bad certainly in a good chance motility may follow. See it as, it will take great coordination for a man with four leg or one leg or two heads to have entry to his home than a man with full uprightness.

See your doctor for advice on this report.
Or, write me privately using https:///2348176371308 (With charges following) for further supports.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:49am On Jul 08, 2020
Hermeknorr:
Drs in the House, Can You Kindly be of help? We,ve been battling male Factor for over 4 yrs now.

Time produce 11:006Am,
Time Received 11:14Am,
Time Examine 11:29AM
Days of Abstinence 5days
Appearance: Creamy
Volume: 1.5mils
Liquefaction; 21mins
RBC: 0-1
PH: 8.0
Epith cell: 0-1
Progression: Active 0% Sluggish 0%
Motility: Motile0% non motile 100%
Morphology: Normal 45% abnormal 46%
Semen Count: 14.3million sperm cell per mil
Volume: 1.5 mls
Vitality: dead 100%, Alive 0%
Pathogens Isolated: Staphylococcus aureus
Gentamicin: S
Quinupristin/Dalfopristin: S
Rifampin:S
Linezolid: S.

Impression : Asthenoteratozoospermia. With complete defect to movement. Sperm count or density is not bad, but it shouldn't get below this. Shape of spermatozoons is not bad as well.

See your doctor for help and guidance and as well for prescription to the Staphylococcal infection( primary or secondary)
You may use this link https:///2348176371308 if you feel comfortable enough to talk privately with me, charges following.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by davodyguy: 9:45pm On Jul 18, 2020
Good evening all.

Does anyone have an idea of how much it cost for Dermoid cyst removal in Nigeria and some centres with the best surgeons?

Would appreciate prompt response.

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rbae: 7:17am On Jul 19, 2020
Hello beautiful mama's. May God answer all our prayers. I created a group for those who have fibroids or those who had sugery and won't want a regrowth. Let's work as a team and live a healthy life. God will see us through.

https://www.nairaland.com/6000725/fibroid-natural-ways-shrinking-fibroid
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gracebetome: 10:57am On Jul 19, 2020
Good day to everyone
Please how can i naturally increase my sexual performance? I don't do drugs nor smoke but take beer once in a while.
My first round is always less than 2mins but other rounds can be longer. But my woman complains because she have higher libido.
Please how can i increase my performance?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by peacwoods: 2:03am On Jul 20, 2020
good morning everyone.
I have a problem that needs immediate answers.

I know abortion is illegal but what abortion drugs are safe for a pregnancy less than a month
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Hormonhyee93: 9:28am On Jul 20, 2020
thanks for being the perfect hands to direct my questions,this may be out of context buh I'm glad seeing this thread cos it might be of helping hand to my career
I'm a fourth year medical students of Nigeria hoping to apply for residency in the state, specifically obstetrics and gynecology,that's been my long time and childhood dream and this brought me to medicine
pls I would really implore you provide me with the fact surrounding my eligibility
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2020
Hormonhyee93:
thanks for being the perfect hands to direct my questions,this may be out of context buh I'm glad seeing this thread cos it might be of helping hand to my career
I'm a fourth year medical students of Nigeria hoping to apply for residency in the state, specifically obstetrics and gynecology,that's been my long time and childhood dream and this brought me to medicine
pls I would really implore you provide me with the fact surrounding my eligibility
Thinking about the future is great but I think the present occasion worth it troubles. So, fix your mind to doing well in your Pathology and Pharmacology, 400level medicine is not a child's play. Since you have interest in doing Residency in OnG, you will equally want to show interest in learning reproductive pathology both in your Anatomic and Chemical Path. as part of system and differentials. 500level will carry the exploratory ground for OnG and Paed. learning gets easier with desire and effort to....
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
peacwoods:
good morning everyone.
I have a problem that needs immediate answers.

I know abortion is illegal but what abortion drugs are safe for a pregnancy less than a month
You know it won't be necessary here. Doing so may only lead to drug misused and abuse.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
Gracebetome:
Good day to everyone
Please how can i naturally increase my sexual performance? I don't do drugs nor smoke but take beer once in a while.
My first round is always less than 2mins but other rounds can be longer. But my woman complains because she have higher libido.
Please how can i increase my performance?

You have been well advised on the other section regarding this complaint. I would advise you to follow on up with it.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kemade2007(f): 10:31am On Jul 21, 2020
Good day Doctor. I'm 34weeks pregnant. I'm having skin tag under my breast. From my 1st trimester. I'm worried because it's getting bigger. Is there anything I can use
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2020
Kemade2007:
Good day Doctor. I'm 34weeks pregnant. I'm having skin tag under my breast. From my 1st trimester. I'm worried because it's getting bigger. Is there anything I can use
Skin tag under breast, normal skin changes to hormonal alterations during pregnancy or weight gaining. Rarely does it turn to something else after pregnancy and that soon after pregnancy, it will walk itself off.

It is exactly a thing you shouldn't get worked up over, though to be less worried, I would advised you have your doctor examine this tagging for anything else. Just be patient, let this pregnancy be over to think about this.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Tyme86: 8:48am On Jul 27, 2020
Thanks so much
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Tyme86: 8:48am On Jul 27, 2020
2Ballz:

It is expected that your period should trip low after a fibroid removal. In the process of the mass removing, there are also chances that the uterine lining can't be damaged. This little damage on healing may turn fibrous affecting shedding of the lining. This is itself normal. Provided that every other thing is normal,your bleeding will in time go normal.
Thanks so much
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Happiness6063(f): 9:19am On Jul 27, 2020
Please I have a question, I've been ttcing for 2years and my period has been btw 31-33days. And this month I saw my period on 24th. Meanwhile, my period ended 2nd of July. That means I'm seeing it twice and at 24days interval. I'm really worried, my period has always been scanty for the past 1year and 8months. Pls what could be the problem?

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.