Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (876616 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lagbenjo:
Doctors in the house , i beg you in the name of the God .Help interpret this result for me and hubby. Thank you

The Semen Fluid Analysis report wasn't really. Even with my pair of glasses on I could not see any more better. You may want to have it snapped again.

For the other one, right impression here is:
-normally low LH.
-(normally) low FSH.
Assuming that assays for these hormones were done in your CD 2-5.

-low progesterone.
Assuming assay was done on CD21.

And lastly, a normal prolactin concentration level thriving to the upper limit.

We safely assume that:
1) there was no ovulation in this cycle.
2) negative feedback mechanism controlling the cycle is slightly altered.
3) the rising prolactin concentration level is impacting on the cycle.
4) a thyroid hormone assays may be necessary.

A short term course of Cabergoline or Bromocriptine may be necessary. However see your doctor for help. Or better still, use my private line to hold consult.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
Godliness05:
Good day doctors in the house. My wife had large intramural fibroids before pregancy, as we thought of surgery or other treatments, she get pregnant with it. It was initially painful in the first semester but the pains had reduced. Recent Scans shows reduction in the size of the fibroid and the placenta posterior just like the fibroid. In her 6th month and I want to ask what are the risk factors as the delivery approaches, can the fibroid reduced further or totally disappear to make normal delivery possible and safe?
How do you know the fibroid is decreasing?
The fibroid may actually not disappear even if it shrinks. The rich supply of estrogen will always have it to grow or even remain at that same size where it was first seen. A placentae located posteriorly is not a problem if it is not located in the lower uterine segment. And a fibroid may not impact negatively for a poor obstetric outcome if it is not in the lower uterine segment as well. She can still deliver her baby normal in the absence of any other problem.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by BakQAQ: 4:02am On Aug 16, 2021
Canada is easing its mandatory two-week quarantine requirement for fully vaccinated nationals and residents arriving in the country after traveling abroad.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lagbenjo: 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2021
Good afternoon house.
Please what can be used to increase sperm mortality?

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lagbenjo: 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
cryo
2Ballz:

The Semen Fluid Analysis report wasn't really. Even with my pair of glasses on I could not see any more better. You may want to have it snapped again.

-normally low LH.
-(normally) low FSH.

-low progesterone.

We safely assume that:

A short term course of Cabergoline or Bromocriptine may be necessary. However see your doctor for help. Or better still, use my private line to hold consult.

Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lagbenjo: 4:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
Lagbenjo:
Good afternoon house.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lagbenjo: 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2021
2Ballz:

-normally low LH.
-(normally) low FSH.

-low progesterone.

We safely assume that:

Two doctors said prolactin levels are normal according to the test. I have also done a separate prolactin test and it was normal. Besides, I have all variants of bromocriptine. I have used carbagoline, parlodel and dostinex
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Elizabeth0595: 2:39pm On Aug 18, 2021
Good afternoon doc.. Please I will like to know my period started 6th of July and ended 9th of July had sex 10th/11th of July though we used condom but unfortunately got bursted so I used contraceptive pills on the 12th. But on the 21st of July just saw blood on my skirt. Which lasted for 2days had to use pad. And I was supposed to see my period for August 6th but I did not so I went for pregnancy test on the 12th which was negative. Having menstrual cramps but no period up till now. Kindly help out. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kemmyflakky(f): 3:36pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hello Dr, pls what can I use to thicken the lining of the uterus? I just did hyteroscopy & laparoscopy to remove adhesion int he uterus & cervix. I was given carbagolin 0.5mg for 3months because of high prolactin. Thanks

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bosjack: 10:44pm On Aug 30, 2021
Dear Sirs/Mas,
Kindly advise especially if you have experience as regards this.
We have been TTC for about 7 years and my had done HSG about 6 years ago where it was revealed one tube was blocked. Nothing has happened after doing everything humanly possible. Recently, we met a Dr that has us to undergo some test including HSG. I initially told her that I had vowed never to allow my wife go through that process again since she insisted it has to be done to aid her investigation and treatment, we had to do it. The result shows both tubes are blocked and we can only go for IVF. The main issue is that since about 10 days that my wife did the HSG, she has been having serious and intense itching inside her private part. Some drugs were actually prescribed for her to take after the HSG to prevent infection, she has completed the drugs but the itching has persisted. I dont think this is normal. so i will like to know if anyone has had that experience and what can be done to stop it. Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by giftfromGod(f): 10:27am On Sep 13, 2021
Good morning all. Please can someone help with the interpretations ? Thanks in advance .

Modify , thanks for the no response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Please001: 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2021
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by AnikeTTC: 10:49am On Oct 03, 2021
Hello House,

Please I have been having issues with my menstrual cycle after my miscarriage about a year ago.
- Length varies between 3 and 5 days.
- The flow is usually light.
- Delays are observed sometimes (over 35 days currently) and PT shows negative.

I have treated infection vigorously and pelvic scan as interpreted by a physician showed all was fine.

Please how can I make my menstrual cycle regular and get an ovulation that can easily be tracked to make me conceive and carry to term.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by cajoextreme(m): 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2021
My Nairalanders and Doctors! Good Day.

Please does any one have any suggestions on where I can get a good neurologist for consultation? Or the best hospital to go to for neurological consult?

I can search around myself, but I dont want to end up in the hands of a quack, or someone inexperienced in the field.

Thank you for your help.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lagbenjo: 2:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
Please house, help me interpret this follicular tracking result . Please I need reply ASAP.
After waiting for the Gynea today at the hospital, didn't show up. I don't have his contact .
DAY 10 FOLLICULAR TRACKING
RIGHT FOLLICLE: 1.85CM, 1.64CM, 1. 49CM, 1.19CM
LEFT FOLLICLES: 1.63CM, 1.67CM, 1.54CM, 1.42CM

DAY 13. FOLLICULAR TRACKING
RIGHT FOLLICLE 2.51 CM, 1.88CM, 2.05 CM, 1.44CM
LEFT FOLLICLE 2.20CM, 2.18CM 1.87CM, 2.10CM
Endometrial thickness - 0. 46cm

The question is, are the day 13 follicles matured ?
When will i release egg?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Clergy03: 12:06pm On Jan 20, 2022
Doctors in the house please help I av a 31years old virgin friend diagnosed with a mysiopic ovarian cyst and fibroid after she did ultrasound scan, how can this be cured as it could be the cause of the severe menstral pain?she always feel severe pain at the left hand side below her abdomen which also transcend to her lower back region when she is on her menstral period and she vomits spontaneously till she get to the point of vomiting reddish watering content. When she take pain relieving tablets it cuts the flow and the period ends.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Pojomojo: 7:16am On Jan 23, 2022
Lagbenjo:
Good afternoon house.
Vitamin e
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by TinaJoe(f): 6:50pm On Feb 07, 2022
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nikkyakins: 9:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
Flucoxacillin tablet is available anyone interested should call 08034216721
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nikkyakins: 4:58pm On Feb 28, 2022
Flucoxacillin Injection is available call 08034216721
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by hisable2: 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2022
good evening pls I need advice from a good gynecologist, I have been trying to conceive like getting to two years now, recently I use to observe some blood droplet during my ovulation, but this month the blood droplet occurs more think too days from 13 to 16 the day pls an confuse what could be the cause? I normally feel pains or discomfort at my lower stomach. pls kindly help really need to conceive.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Saao(m): 10:17pm On May 20, 2022
Saao:
Hi Doc,
Please I need ur advice. My wife is 6 months plus pregnant, our first baby. She so much like hollandia yuoghout and she uses it to take her drugs, can it affect the child anyway? Again I really want her to give birth naturally, that is her wish as well. What precautionary must we take to achieve the above? Thanks alot
message sent 6 years ago, no response till date. My wife since gave birth to child, a baby girl and gave to 2 boys after.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MrEgghead(m): 5:11am On May 21, 2022
Elizabeth0595:
Good afternoon doc.. Please I will like to know my period started 6th of July and ended 9th of July had sex 10th/11th of July though we used condom but unfortunately got bursted so I used contraceptive pills on the 12th. But on the 21st of July just saw blood on my skirt. Which lasted for 2days had to use pad. And I was supposed to see my period for August 6th but I did not so I went for pregnancy test on the 12th which was negative. Having menstrual cramps but no period up till now. Kindly help out. Thanks.
What later happened? My gf is in the same dilemma.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Stan2330(m): 6:40pm On May 31, 2022
MrEgghead:
What later happened? My gf is in the same dilemma.
Any improvement since when u posted this?
I'm in a similar condition too
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MrEgghead(m): 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2022
Stan2330:

She wasn't pregnant. Postinor2 delayed her ovulation by two weeks.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MrEgghead(m): 9:39pm On Jun 07, 2022
Stan2330:

She wasn't pregnant. Postinor2 delayed her ovulation by two weeks, so her menstruation was delayed by two weeks too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Stan2330(m): 8:22am On Jun 08, 2022
MrEgghead:
She wasn't pregnant. Postinor2 delayed her ovulation by two weeks, so her menstruation was delayed by two weeks too.
Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by formidablefunmi(f): 9:03am On Jun 15, 2022
This is why I am never too in a hurry to announce my bfp. Because I might be disappointed at the end. Another miscarriage at 7 weeks. Baby embryo stopped growing. No heartbeat. This is the second miscarriage the first was December. What could be the cause mamas. Am devastated
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by iamfertile(f): 9:27pm On Jun 15, 2022
Pls doctor I need help. Ever since I had miscarriage 4years ago I've been battling with adhesion which I've removed last year via hetero-lap. Since then I've not been ovulating at all. I just got to know prior to the surgery that I'm lactating. Prolactin was 43mll, after using abt 5pascks of carbagolin it dropped to 34mll. I've used letrozole & Clomid yet no signs of ovulation.
Pls what can I use? I've been trying to conceive for 7years now. I have 1 patent fallopian tube(right).
Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by dora7891(f): 9:29am On Jun 17, 2022
iamfertile:
Pls doctor I need help. Ever since I had miscarriage 4years ago I've been battling with adhesion which I've removed last year via hetero-lap. Since then I've not been ovulating at all. I just got to know prior to the surgery that I'm lactating. Prolactin was 43mll, after using abt 5pascks of carbagolin it dropped to 34mll. I've used letrozole & Clomid yet no signs of ovulation.
Pls what can I use? I've been trying to conceive for 7years now. I have 1 patent fallopian tube(right).
Thank you

I’m not sure much can be done with very little information via a text. I would suggest that if you are in Lagos of Abuja you go to Kelina Hospital. If you are not you can schedule for an online consultation and you won’t be freed until the solution to this problem is found. If you need more information you can message me on wajedora@gmail.com always happy to help
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lagbenjo: 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
Good evening mothers and fathers of nations

We have done all fertility tests. My hubby SFA Is okay. Nothing is wrong with my tubes, I ovulated when I had ovulation tracking test, did hormonal profile, but my LH and progesterone is low, although it was collected on day 21. I read that it should be collected on day 3 or so .

I complained to doctor that I do have yellowish watery discharge from my breast and I have never been pregnant . Squeezed my breasts in his presence and he saw it himself . He asked me to check my prolactin levels . I did three prolactin tests at different labs and they all came out normal. I used all series of bromocriptine for a long time , even though my results are normal , but the discharge is still there.

Tests also showed that I have endometriosis. I have done myomectomy Feb. Ist to take out the cyst and fibriods. The doctor said we could start trying a month after the surgery , but I waited for 2months . Went back for scan after the second month and was told my uterus is free. After the second month we tried actively every other days and ovulation days, but nothing for 2cycles now.

Please who else have or had endometriosis, who is experiencing breast discharge and prolactin is still normal and what did you do to conceive? Thanks

My mind is telling me that maybe am suffering from luteal phase defect as a result of the low LH and progesterone or it is as a result of the breast discharge . I stand to be corrected

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.