Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877404 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:58am On Jun 25, 2010
@acl
It doesn't look like anything is wrong with your hormones. As for your fiance not being keen on s_x, I would suggest openness on your part as to the cause.

@maa mee
How are your stools? Did the doctor find blood in your vag_in_a when he did the exam?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:01am On Jun 25, 2010
@labonte
I am a little confused as to the type of operation you had. I would find out more about that. Was it a vaginal deliver or c/section? Did you have an infection?

@henrienta
Is the pain associated with your menses?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:04am On Jun 25, 2010
@prommy
Excellent advice!smiley

@oluwawunmi
You might have had an anovulatory cycle. It is not unusual. Lets see how your next cycle is. Did you stop all the meds?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:08am On Jun 25, 2010
@onyii4j
Let the loving continue! lol. It should not be an issue. I would suggest stopping if you notice any spotting. Go get a pregnancy test and good luck.

@petrab
I suspect that you are not ovulating regularly. I would consider a hormone test to check your thyroid. If this is normal, you might want to consider going on the pill to regulate your period.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:10am On Jun 25, 2010
@obidia
Sounds like normal teething behaviour but I would take her to her pediatrician for a look see.

@uteh
Congrats! I'm happy it went well. As for the question of sex, you need to check with the gyn who did your surgery. I would also suggest taking a prenatal vitamin with DHA starting now. Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:11am On Jun 25, 2010
@rosyl
How big are the fibroids?

@ammamat
Thanks a millionsmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:16am On Jun 25, 2010
@franny1980
Doesn't sound like anything is wrong with you but you might want to go for a gyn exam to make sure.

@stephangels BF
You have a long cycle which is normal. The last cycle was probably anovulatory which can also happen. The vaginal discharge sound like bacterial vaginosis an overgrowth of bacteria in the vagina which can be easily treated by your gyn.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:21am On Jun 25, 2010
@ijeoma obi
The pain could have been from the infection. so far, so good. I would add an ovulation kit to your armament. Good luck

@yvyy
It is important to try to figure out the cause. As for getting pregnant, it is near impossible because the diagnosis of azoospermia means there is no detectable sperm. In perspective, any thing less that 15 million sperm is considered insufficient.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:22am On Jun 25, 2010
@lovemee
You are welcomesmiley

@richinfo4me

Did you have vaginal cultures? What kind of pain?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:25am On Jun 25, 2010
@bece
The key is in the pap smear; inflammation. You might have a vaginitis/cervicitis. The tissues get inflammed and bleed easily.

@chiscomi
THanks. Cyst are found on every woman of reproductive age depending on the time of her cycle. It should not prevent fertility
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:29am On Jun 25, 2010
@chiscomi
I would suggest buying an ovulation kit. It lets you know your fertile day.

@debarke
I don't think you are pregnant. I think you had a chemical pregnancy which has since resolved. The fibroid is small and doesn't require any intervention at this time.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:31am On Jun 25, 2010
@switchmax
Go ahead. It is safe during pregnancy

@princessk
It could just be her period. How far along was she?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by maamee1: 9:53am On Jun 25, 2010
@Dr. kathyekiti
thank you for your reply.
i dont stool every day probably lik 3tyms in a week, been like dat since wen i was small bt i dnt exactly no wat u want me to talk abt in my stooling. so cld u pls expantiate
yes dre ws blood in my Vagina wen he did the swab test,least i 4get i did urine test too den dats aw i ws told i had blood in my urine.
thank you, i await ur response
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by princessk1: 11:34am On Jun 25, 2010
i cant thank you enough for answering, this must be alot of work for you. God bless you. everythings ok now.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by prinsaysk: 12:43pm On Jun 25, 2010
;d
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bece: 2:14pm On Jun 25, 2010
Thanks doctor pls what is vaginatis? What is the cause of the inflammation and what can i use. The gyn i saw said there was nothing to worry about when i gave him the result. Can it cause cancer pls doc am scared help
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by petraB(f): 3:33pm On Jun 25, 2010
Dr Kathy,
Thanks a lot may God bless you, ill have the test and let you know the results when they come. Once again your reply is very much appreciated. smiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by banuak: 4:42pm On Jun 25, 2010
God bless
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by labonte: 4:44pm On Jun 25, 2010
Thanks doc. for your reply, it was womanly deliver
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2010
Modified
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Balogun(m): 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2010
Hello Kathy, nice to see your advice back. I seem to have missed them. Naijaking just disappeared. Hope all is well with you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 9hmo(m): 8:51am On Jun 28, 2010
Dear doc.
How long can a couple stay before resuming sexual intercouse after childbirth.
No complication,no tears and its normal birth, baby and mother are doing well.
thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 9hmo(m): 9:20am On Jun 28, 2010
Pls doc,i forgot to add this, can a woman get pregnant within 2 week and 6 days of child birth.
Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kechai(f): 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2010
pls doctor, if i make love to my husband which menstruating maybe two days after i started menstruating, will i get pregnant? secondly, does it have any side effect?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chiscomi: 7:52pm On Jun 28, 2010
Hi Katty! tanx 4 ur wonderful reply am grateful. but 1tin still borders me, I used 2 have a whitish discharge though i ve gone 4 a test & the result says I ve no candida growth. could it stop me 4rm conceiving? How much is d ovulation kit in Naira
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MyPeace(f): 9:11am On Jun 29, 2010
chiscomi:

Hi Katty! tanx 4 your wonderful reply am grateful. but 1tin still borders me, I used 2 have a whitish discharge though i ve gone 4 a test & the result says I ve no candida growth. could it stop me 4rm conceiving? How much is d ovulation kit in Naira

Ovulation Kit is N1500. its available in any good pharmacy store.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by AudreyI(f): 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2010
Hi Kathy. Thanx a lot for the work on this forum. Its very noble of you. I had a baby three months ago. During the birth, I had a tear in the vaginal wall. It is not healing properly and it bleeds on contact. There is also a red fleshy mass(quite small) at that point. Pls what do you recommend i do? Secondly, I have a yellowish discharge. The doctor said its yeast infection but i'm not quite sure. It's kind of snotty in appearance. i had a vaginal swab. Result is as follows;

yeast cells +++
epithelial cell ++
yielded significant growth of staphylococcus spp

Pls what do you recommend i do?

Thanx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chiscomi: 6:30pm On Jun 29, 2010
Hi Dr. pls a friend advised me 2 use clomid 2 upgrade my ovulation/fertility. is it advisable am barely five months in marriage.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chiscomi: 6:44pm On Jun 29, 2010
@mypeace tanx 4 ur reply am grateful
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:15am On Jun 30, 2010
9hmo:

Pls doc,i forgot to add this, can a woman get pregnant within 2 week and 6 days of child birth.
Thanks.

Women are usually told to abstain from sex for 6 weeks and yes she can get pregnant again soon after birth. During this time the husband is expected to be considerate and wait til that time or long and use condoms.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by VENUSS(f): 4:13pm On Jun 30, 2010
hello,doc God bless u.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mylove4him(f): 11:12am On Jul 02, 2010
Hello doc, i just noticed that my menstrual cycle is not regular as in dates. It comes earlier than expected. On the 13th of June I saw my period only for another one to start on the 1st of July barely 17 days after. The previous one before June was 22 days. I am pretty worried.

I am in my late twenties, unmarried and I am not on any contraceptive nor have I abused drugs, what could have led to this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.