Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (876615 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 6:38am On Jun 05, 2013
figur: Hello doctor
I am 25 years old and my period is very irregular sometimes its as long as 35 days or more sometime one month off nd on.
I have been to the doctor and he recommended I go for a scan which I did and the result came out perfect'I.e nothing seem to be wrong.I was given evening primrose oil and one other ferrous something can't remember the name but after taking it my cycle was 28 days after which it moved to 30 nd then 34 nd it has become irregular again.
Please Doctor what do you think could be the cause?

I am sure you stopped taken the prescription that is why it fluctuated after u had it for 28 days.The causes could just be anything from your daily activities,to stress,addition of weight,eating habits,illness,travels,and so on.Any way I will advice you the dr.Make sure eat and live right and you should be ok.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 6:40am On Jun 05, 2013
sir mally: Hi doctor,pls I want to knw what is wrong I use to see sometn like an egg white when I ovulate but of recent I don't see it again, but I knw when I'm ovulating I use to have lower abdominal pain as if everytn in my is coming out. That I still feel but I don't see the egg white like thing again hope this won't stop me from getting pregnant as I'm not getting younger and want to try and get pregnant.
No,it won't stop you from getting pregnant.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 6:42am On Jun 05, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Dr,thank u for what u r doing.a selfless service to many. May God continue to reward u all round. thank u so much.

Amen o.God will also reward u in GOOD Measure round about.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MarJuly(f): 10:55am On Jun 05, 2013
Hello Dr, pls which Vitamin C make (Nigerian/Foreign) and brand is good for hormonal balance.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Liffe: 11:00am On Jun 05, 2013
hi doc, new here, did some fartility test with hubby recently. I will type the result tomorrow. My gyny asked for it but he resheduled our appointment. Just want to know your views and if there is hope for us. We are TTC. Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Chestnut(f): 12:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
[color=#770077][/color][quote author=infogenius]
Just three wks after evacuation and you are worried? Your periods will return soon and then you can start trying again.
Thank U̶̲̥̅̊ doc for d other tym,my mc is back N̶̲̥̅̊o̲̣̥w̶̲̥̅̊ but d problem i av N̶̲̥̅̊o̲̣̥w̶̲̥̅̊ is dat the flow is very high,i get stained all d tym since it started 2 days ago i hope there is no problem cos am really worried. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Liffe: 10:09am On Jun 06, 2013
Doc, these are the results of the tests

Hubby
Count - 72.9milliom/ml
Culture - moderate growth of Staphylococcus aureus

Self
Units
LH - 61.1 mIU/m1
FSH - 75.1 "
PROLACTIN 23.9 ng/ml
T4 - 6.7 ug/d1
E2 - 30.0 pg/ml

Any home. Pls your advise would be appreciated
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by timiege(f): 3:01pm On Jun 06, 2013
Good day Dr,
What is the best cure for milk/water coming out from ones bossom,expecially for a TTC patient.have taken parlodel to no avail.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 7:59am On Jun 07, 2013
Liffe: Doc, these are the results of the tests

Hubby
Count - 72.9milliom/ml
Culture - moderate growth of Staphylococcus aureus

Self
Units
LH - 61.1 mIU/m1
FSH - 75.1 "
PROLACTIN 23.9 ng/ml
T4 - 6.7 ug/d1
E2 - 30.0 pg/ml

Any home. Pls your advise would be appreciated

Pls what cycle day did you take this test?

@Chestnut I do not foresee any problem.It is usually like that after evacuation.But if the flow does not stop after 7 days you may need to c ur doctor.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Liffe: 11:27am On Jun 07, 2013
Last period was in Jan
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by missnigeria: 11:29am On Jun 07, 2013
Thanks doctor.I have actually missed my period for more than 2 weeks now and im having pregnancy symptoms.So i thought i could use diaprim(sunday tablet) to reduce the fever.Thanks for your prompt response doctor
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Chestnut(f): 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
infogenius:

@Chestnut I do not foresee any problem.It is usually like that after evacuation.But if the flow does not stop after 7 days you may need to c ur doctor.
Thanks doc,may God reward U̶̲̥̅̊ abundantly
infogenius:

infogenius:

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by trinity042(f): 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
Hello doc, I'm a young mother, my baby will soon be 5 months and I started seeing my MC last month. What form of family planning will u recommend for me(I hate pills n I already add some weight which I'm trying to control so pills n hormones is ruled out). I want to give myself a space of 2 or 3 yrs before taking in.
Pls help me
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jaypee4(f): 11:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
Hello doc,
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by yemitosin(f): 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2013
i was on clomid from 10th to 14th of may . i saw my period on the 9th of may .I started feeling some how but i took urine test this morning but it was negative. My question is could i still be pregnant . thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Beelie: 10:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
Hello Dr, i have been trying to conceive for 10months. My husband n i av gone tru some test. His result shows he is ok, but my hsg says bilateral perifimbrial adhension. The dr advised i should go for hydrotubation. Can hydrotubation work for my case? Can i stil get pregnant naturally? Does it mean i my tubes are totally blocked? Pls help advice me as am getting totally confused.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Liffe: 10:17am On Jun 10, 2013
Liffe: Last period was in Jan
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MarJuly(f): 11:48am On Jun 10, 2013
Hello Dr, Is this normal, atimes my buttocks feel hot and even where i sit. Doc i also observe that i use to feel pain inside my my female organ especially when i enter gallop or on top of bike. This occurs like 1-3days, 1wk or more before my period. I dont know if it has to do with changes or position of my womb. The pain is not much, just that i feel. Hope is it ok.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
Chestnut: Thanks doc,may God reward U̶̲̥̅̊ abundantly[color=#006600]
Amen, Thank you.

trinity042: Hello doc, I'm a young mother, my baby will soon be 5 months and I started seeing my MC last month. What form of family planning will u recommend for me(I hate pills n I already add some weight which I'm trying to control so pills n hormones is ruled out). I want to give myself a space of 2 or 3 yrs before taking in.
Pls help me

I will not recommend any,but rather I will advice you go to a family planning center around u.They will be able to advice you on what will suit you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 1:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
jay-pee:
Hello doc, what can one do abt an
Epidermoid cyst of the clitoris

If it is not infected,then you may just leave it alone.

yemitosin: i was on clomid from 10th to 14th of may . i saw my period on the 9th of may .I started feeling some how but i took urine test this morning but it was negative. My question is could i still be pregnant . thanks

Absence of your period this month could be an indication that you are preg especially if you do not experience irregular periods.If your periods are regular and you do not see ur period you may go for a test.

Beelie: Hello Dr, i have been trying to conceive for 10months. My husband n i av gone tru some test. His result shows he is ok, but my hsg says bilateral perifimbrial adhension. The dr advised i should go for hydrotubation. Can hydrotubation work for my case? Can i stil get pregnant naturally? Does it mean i my tubes are totally blocked? Pls help advice me as am getting totally confused.

Yes,hydrotubation (flushing)is the BEST way to get started.If it does not unblock,then you may seek alternative measures.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
Liffe: Last period was in Jan

Ok,which day during your cycle was the test taken?

Mar July: Hello Dr, Is this normal, atimes my buttocks feel hot and even where i sit. Doc i also observe that i use to feel pain inside my cervix especially when i enter gallop or on top of bike. This occurs like 1-3days, 1wk or more before my period. I dont know if it has to do with changes or position of my womb. The pain is not much, just that i feel. Hope is it ok.

I will advice you see ur doc for examination for proper diagnosis.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by yemitosin(f): 2:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
Thanks for your quick response i hope am pregnant. I don't have a regular period.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Elizadath: 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2013
Plz Dr, i am 11 wks preg, but i still feel slight pains in my breast and serious daily occasional pains in my abdominal. And dia is dis something hard in my abdominal. Pls what cld be d course of dis feellings? Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ijeaify: 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2013
Gooday Dr! Please I have a pressing problem I took clomid on my own after which I went to d hospital doctor said I hav an ovarian cyst I did not repeat visit again till january when I got dere he said I have fluid in my abdominal cavity meaning cyst has ruptured he told me fluid can only be removed thru surgery which I refused so each time I go to d hospita for scans dey kip seeing ascites I changed gynae doctor who sent me for HVS and it came back no pathogen please my question is when is d fluid likely to clear and also can I still be pregnant with all dese.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Liffe: 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2013
After seizing for 6 months, Primolut-N was recommended to induce the period (Jan 24). My period is normally a 28 days circle.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 11, 2013
Post hidden
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Fruitfulmum: 9:49am On Jun 12, 2013
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluplus(m): 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2013
Hello Doctor, thanks for the good work. My wife is preg and the EDD is here. she did CS in 1st delivery after which it was discovered she has hynea ( aring in d stomach). now, it's time for 2nd delivery. Is it advicable that she goes thru CS again so that the hynea could be corrected at the same time, instead of opening her again.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Spiciechi: 9:54pm On Jun 12, 2013
Pls doc, im a lady of 31yrs old, not yet married. I recently went for a scan and dis wat d test said ' noted in d myometrium are multiple circumscribed hypo-echoic mass. Features r those of intrmural fibromyoma, d largest one at d posterior segment measuring 45mm x 43mm, anterior segment measuring 24mm x 25mm in their largest diameters respectively. And also pelvic inflamatory disease was found.' could u pls explain better to me and any thing i can use to eliminate d fibroid and PID. Thanks. Pls help its urgent
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by filcast(m): 12:22am On Jun 13, 2013
Hi all, please i need to know if 1 year old requires preventive antimalaria medication.He is very healthy presently but exposed to minimal mosquitoe bites.what drugs can be prescribed.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by timiege(f): 9:21am On Jun 13, 2013
Good day Doctor,
Doc,can one be experincing bossom discharge and still be ovulating becos I went for hormone profile text n d result shows I am ovulating but d discharge is still coming out.what should I do.thank you for ur respond.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by odutope(m): 9:00pm On Jun 14, 2013
Hellow doctor ! Keep up the good work. My question is about coital laceration. My friend was intimate with his fiancee for the 1st time and since then she has bn bleeding(up to 3days now)..they av sn a Doctor and he said its coital laceration and dat the only remedy is suturing.the major problem is that the lady is not willing to go for the suturin and she z losin blood. Pls aren't there other remedies ? Thnk u

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.