Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877228 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by napa: 7:50am On Jun 25, 2013
Hi doc, please what does low prolactin and high progesteron mean and can i ovulate with these results? Also when is the best time to do hormonal assay and what other test can i do to test for ovulation. Thanks in anticipation for your response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 3:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
steph_2hot: Doc, I don't get 2 climax during sex pls wats d cos?
Honestly I can't tell.You may google it.

ubaida: Good Job Doc, Please would like to know.. i have not seen my period for some months now and went for an hormonal profile and result said i have hyperprolactemia. I used bromocriptine for 6mths,it was stable but afta i stopped the bromocriptine the period stopped now i have bought vitex chasteberry pls i need your advice on how to take it. And would like to know if it will make my period regular again.

Yes it should restore your periods over time under normal conditions.And for the high prolactin make sure you also include vegies in ur diet such as ewedu and take vitamins like b6 and u should be fine.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2013
michealismenton: gdam doc. I am amy 22yrs. Somtime around oct last year i had a D&C. Bt i noticed dat my mensis became irregular and flowin once instead of 3day a mont. Plz wot drug do i take? its goin close 2a year na. Tnx

That is about 8 months now.It depends on how many weeks u were gone b4 the operation.Do u have fluid coming out of ur bossom?

Liffe: Hello Doc, the test was taken on the 14th day of my 28 days cycle.

Appearance - Creamy
Volume - 2.0mls
Viscosity - Non viscous

MORPHOLOGY
Normal - 60%
Head defects - 15%
Neck defects - 15%
Tail defects - 10%

CYTOLOGY/HPF
Pus cells - (2 - 4)
Epith cells - (Few)
Count - 72.9million/ml
Jut like I told b4 the staph detected will have to be treated.
Ok I will look at ur hormonal assay result again and get back to u.

Fruitful mum: Good day doctor I asked you a question but you did not respond

I have another pls
I had a positive opk result on the 16 of June cd 20 at 7pm and the following day about 3 hrs after I took diclofenac tablet I felt serious pain in my lower abdomen . I don't know if it is ovulation cramp or as a result of the diclofenac I took.

Although I and my Hurby bd on the Thursday morning then the day after the positive opk which was 17th of June 2013

Am ttc
Possibly a side effect of the drug.Take drug after meals if you are not doing so.And if it persists,(u know now)pls see a dr.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2013
Lerin: Not that am scared,the drugs were prescibe by a doc to relieve me of severe pain caused by kidney stone but when I noticed the way the drugs collapses my system after taking it,I did a research about it and found out that it shouldn't be used in pregnany cos it causes defect in formation of the fetus and I was 7wks gone. The name is TRAMAL RETARD 100mg.

Do let ur dr observe you.This is important.Let ur dr do the thinking based on ur condition and whatever risk associated with what the drug.You may need to discuss with ur dr.

napa: Hi doc, please what does low prolactin and high progesteron mean and can i ovulate with these results? Also when is the best time to do hormonal assay and what other test can i do to test for ovulation. Thanks in anticipation for your response.

Both are hormones and from ur quest being low means it falls below normal values and high means it falls above normal acceptable values.Best time to do hormonal assay cd3 and cd21.To test for ovulation outside hormonal assay may be at home using ovulation predictor kit.(opk)
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Liffe: 5:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
Thank you doc, Augmentin 625mg was prescibed for 10 days for the staph infection. Awaiting your further response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Julieni: 6:36pm On Jun 25, 2013
Dear dr,

May Ǧ̩̥​ọ̥​d̶̲̥̅̊ bless U̶̲̥̅̊ more abundantly Fø̲̣̣я̅ a good job Well done on this thread... You are doing a great job and Ǧ̩̥​ọ̥​d̶̲̥̅̊ will continue To strenghten you in jesus name.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by idealsico(m): 8:04pm On Jun 25, 2013
Hello Doc,I have been married for more than 6 months but my wife has not conceived.The relevant portion of her scan result read as follows: PELVIC SCAN:Uterus:-Bulky sized and non gravid,outline is compromised.Uterus is noted with heterogenous myometrial echotexture. Multiple masses with mixed internal echoes was noted as follows: -Extending on the fundal portion of the Uterus, A: 64x63mm. -Within the uterine myometrium, B: 33x32mm. -Bulging the posterior uterine wall C: 25x23mm. -Other smaller minute masses was also noted within. ENDOMETRIUM: Endometrial lining appears distorted. ADNEXIAL/ OVARIES : Appears bilaterally free. IMPRESSION: Multiple uterine myoma. Pls Doc,what could be done in this situation. Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by missnigeria: 8:13am On Jun 26, 2013
Pls Doctor,can combisunate or artersunate be used in the first trimester of pregnancy?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baaby: 11:10am On Jun 26, 2013
Lady fey: @doctor in house pls is there any way to unblock falopian tubes without operation. thants

Google: felopio.com
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baaby: 11:27am On Jun 26, 2013
uncle u:

At 41, the ovarian function might not be optimal like say when you were 25, but if you are still ovulating then you should be able to concieve if every other thing is alright. You must see your gynaecologist immediately. He must confirm if you are ovulating by doing an ovulation test because you might not be ovulating even with a regular menstrual cycle. He will also need to do a tubal patency test and a semen analysis for your partner. Your management need to be aggressive because of yor age. I wish you the best.

Hi doc, am also in da same shoe, what do u mean by ovulation test and how do one go about it. thanks a million.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2013
Liffe: Thank you doc, Augmentin 625mg was prescibed for 10 days for the staph infection. Awaiting your further response.

It's ok.

Julieni: Dear dr,

May Ǧ̩̥​ọ̥​d̶̲̥̅̊ bless U̶̲̥̅̊ more abundantly Fø̲̣̣я̅ a good job Well done on this thread... You are doing a great job and Ǧ̩̥​ọ̥​d̶̲̥̅̊ will continue To strenghten you in jesus name.

Amen oh.You and ur family will also enjoy the same measure of goodwill in the Name Of JESUS.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2013
idealsico: Hello Doc,I have been married for more than 6 months but my wife has not conceived.The relevant portion of her scan result read as follows: PELVIC SCAN:Uterus:-Bulky sized and non gravid,outline is compromised.Uterus is noted with heterogenous myometrial echotexture. Multiple masses with mixed internal echoes was noted as follows: -Extending on the fundal portion of the Uterus, A: 64x63mm. -Within the uterine myometrium, B: 33x32mm. -Bulging the posterior uterine wall C: 25x23mm. -Other smaller minute masses was also noted within. ENDOMETRIUM: Endometrial lining appears distorted. ADNEXIAL/ OVARIES : Appears bilaterally free. IMPRESSION: Multiple uterine myoma. Pls Doc,what could be done in this situation. Thank you.

Surgery or getting herbals that shrink fibroid naturally.She has to immediately make dietary changes such as avoiding diary intake (in fact let her take more of alkaline forming forming foods) , detoxification and internal cleansing ,stress control,have quality sleep and exercise are important.

It can be shrunk but will take some time.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 5:26pm On Jun 27, 2013
Baaby:

Hi doc, am also in da same shoe, what do u mean by ovulation test and how do one go about it. thanks a million.
Ovulation test is essentially to determine if during a particular you ovulated.You can run such test at home using OPK or the saliva test.Hormonal assay done on cd21 will be able to show if you ovulated during the cycle.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Chestnut(f): 9:16pm On Jun 27, 2013
Dr pls am having itchy vag!na and it sweeten M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ wen am scratching it but peppers M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ wen am urinating due to †ђξ scratching,pls wat could be †ђξ cause and wats †ђξ treatment ƒσя it. Thanks doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Cheks01(f): 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
Doc pls, a frnd had itchin all over her body both her palms n her private parts for like 2 days. She went 2 d hospital n d doc told her she has herps n dt its incurable bt cn b managed since it appears evry 3 or more mnts interval. Tld her I v nt head of dt disease b4, pls help
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by michealismenton: 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
No doc. There is no fluid coming out of my vigina. Doc plz wot do i do 2get my mensis back completely? Tnx Godbless !
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by cutieconcept: 4:18pm On Jun 29, 2013
Hi doc,pls I notice fluid discharge from my n.ipples. Am worried,I don't know if its ok. Am single and not pregnant. I examine my breast every week. Its been like this for some time now. Please what do I do?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 1:15pm On Jul 02, 2013
michealismenton: No doc. There is no fluid coming out of my vigina. Doc plz wot do i do 2get my mensis back completely? Tnx Godbless !
Get vitex supplement and eat healthy fertility foods.

cutieconcept: Hi doc,pls I notice fluid discharge from my n.ipples. Am worried,I don't know if its ok. Am single and not pregnant. I examine my breast every week. Its been like this for some time now. Please what do I do?

As above
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2013
Chestnut: Dr pls am having itchy vag!na and it sweeten M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ wen am scratching it but peppers M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ wen am urinating due to †ђξ scratching,pls wat could be †ђξ cause and wats †ђξ treatment ƒσя it. Thanks doc
Hey, an infection see a dr.

Cheks01: Doc pls, a frnd had itchin all over her body both her palms n her private parts for like 2 days. She went 2 d hospital n d doc told her she has herps n dt its incurable bt cn b managed since it appears evry 3 or more mnts interval. Tld her I v nt head of dt disease b4, pls help

Herpes is a viral disease caused by herpes virus that affects the skin and nervous system.Yes it can be managed by making the virus in active.I can give her supplements that will manage the virus.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by michealismenton: 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
tanx Doc . Pls list does foods 4me . That r healthy fertity. Tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by xlency(f): 10:21pm On Jul 03, 2013
hi doc,i had my period 23rd june and do av pains,i used panadol and head ache started,i stopd it and head ache continued,also after the mensis i dont know what makes sounds benaeth my abdomen,as in isale inu,it just makes makes a noise if i leave d bed or change my direction of sleep?pls what is d reason and what can i do?thanx doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Liffe: 10:10am On Jul 04, 2013
Hello doc, please I am still awaiting your response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Baaby: 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
infogenius:
Ovulation test is essentially to determine if during a particular you ovulated.You can run such test at home using OPK or the saliva test.Hormonal assay done on cd21 will be able to show if you ovulated during the cycle.

Hi, tks for ur help to mankind, God will not fall to answer u at ur point of need IJN. Amen.

wanting to conceive for 5yrs. Pls here are my result and dat of hubby, cld u pls help to analys it.

His first test on d 16 May:
Volume 2:3ml
colour cream
viscosity semi watery
motility 10% active, 3% sluggish, 2% dead
count 12*106
Plus cells +++
Red cell Nil
others very few sperm with normal head and tail, moderate growth of Staphylococuss
Auraus, Baifora + can't spell it well.

So to confirm the above test he has to repeat another test with another lab on that
same May but on the 20th which read:

Colour straw
Volume 1.5ml
Reaction(PH) 8.0
Viscosity Water constency
Motility 50% actively motile, 10% sliggush, 40% dead forms
Sperm Count 1 million cells/ml
Normal 60% and
Abnormal 40%
Microscopy Pws cells 1-1/hpt, Rbc -Nil, Immature gametes ++, crystals +
No growth after 24hr incubation

My HP evaluation:
Progesterone 81.4nmol/L
FSH 3.7 U/L
LH 3.0 U/L
Prolactin 14.2

Did d test on the 23rd day of my cycle. Sorry for my long mail.
Pls doc i await ur response cause my heard is leaving me. tks cry cry
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by timiege(f): 9:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
Good day Dr,
What is the best cure for milk/water coming out from ones bossom,expecially for a TTC patient.have taken parlodel to no avail.dr please I need ur advice thank u.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by SmashingM(f): 10:35am On Jul 06, 2013
Good day Doc. Thanks for your good works here, may God bless and increase your knowledge. I did a swap test which showed heavy growth of candida aureus. I got myself treated but I'm having all the symptoms again three months after treatment. A friend of mine advised that i should get my husband treated too.I was treated with injections but i don't wanna take injections again. Please I'm thinking of taking Diflucan with my husband but i don't know the exact dosage we should take, please I'll be grateful if you can give me the dosage or prescribe something better because I'm tired of always having this problem. Thanks very much.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nancydearie(f): 8:07pm On Jul 06, 2013
Thank you doc for the wonderful job u are doing here,may GOD continue to bless,prosper and direct u in all the things u do. U will neva lack d good things of life IJN AMEN. Doc i ve been married for 3yrs now,yet to take in. I dont knw if its coz of d salpingectomy i had some years back or because of my goitre. Plz what do i do coz i really want to be pregnant. What day is my ovulation,my cycle is 26days? Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 07, 2013
Pls doc.I am 22yrs old. I have been having infection symptoms since december last year that is characterized by itching,redness of d vagina,painful urination,lower abdominal pains,litle sores around my vagina area.I bought over d counter drugs initially but later went to see a doc three months ago when it became frequent.(recurring every month, 3days before my flow starts and ending as soon as the flow stops).I was tested for (PID) which was negative and (VDRF)which was positive(showing d presence of klebsiella species,I have never heard of that though).I am now very worried as my menses as been affected.its now scanty and hardly last for two days. Pls I need help.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 8:33am On Jul 08, 2013
Baaby:

Hi, tks for ur help to mankind, God will not fall to answer u at ur point of need IJN. Amen.

wanting to conceive for 5yrs. Pls here are my result and dat of hubby, cld u pls help to analys it.

His first test on d 16 May:
Volume 2:3ml
colour cream
viscosity semi watery
motility 10% active, 3% sluggish, 2% dead
count 12*106
Plus cells +++
Red cell Nil
others very few sperm with normal head and tail, moderate growth of Staphylococuss
Auraus, Baifora + can't spell it well.

So to confirm the above test he has to repeat another test with another lab on that
same May but on the 20th which read:

Colour straw
Volume 1.5ml
Reaction(PH) 8.0
Viscosity Water constency
Motility 50% actively motile, 10% sliggush, 40% dead forms
Sperm Count 1 million cells/ml
Normal 60% and
Abnormal 40%
Microscopy Pws cells 1-1/hpt, Rbc -Nil, Immature gametes ++, crystals +
No growth after 24hr incubation

From the result, the sperm count is low.He has to improve on the quality of his fluid.

Baaby:

My HP evaluation:
Progesterone 81.4nmol/L
FSH 3.7 U/L
LH 3.0 U/L
Prolactin 14.2

Did d test on the 23rd day of my cycle. Sorry for my long mail.
Pls doc i await ur response cause my heard is leaving me. tks cry cry

Your hormones are within normal values.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 8:53am On Jul 08, 2013
timiege: Good day Dr,
What is the best cure for milk/water coming out from ones bossom,expecially for a TTC patient.have taken parlodel to no avail.dr please I need ur advice thank u.

Look for vitex and also take more of vegies such ewedu an vitb6 for a month or two.You will definitely get better results.

SmashingM: Good day Doc. Thanks for your good works here, may God bless and increase your knowledge. I did a swap test which showed heavy growth of candida aureus. I got myself treated but I'm having all the symptoms again three months after treatment. A friend of mine advised that i should get my husband treated too.I was treated with injections but i don't wanna take injections again. Please I'm thinking of taking Diflucan with my husband but i don't know the exact dosage we should take, please I'll be grateful if you can give me the dosage or prescribe something better because I'm tired of always having this problem. Thanks very much.

150 mg for a single oral dose.You should read the leaflets that accompanied the drug.You should continue usage until you are through with your prescription or else the fungi begins to grow again.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 9:11am On Jul 08, 2013
Nancydearie: Thank you doc for the wonderful job u are doing here,may GOD continue to bless,prosper and direct u in all the things u do. U will neva lack d good things of life IJN AMEN. Doc i ve been married for 3yrs now,yet to take in. I dont knw if its coz of d salpingectomy i had some years back or because of my goitre. Plz what do i do coz i really want to be pregnant. What day is my ovulation,my cycle is 26days? Thanks

Which of the tubes was affected?
Your ovulation is mid period but there are signs to know its arrival such as
Increase in sexual desire
Increase in cervical mucus (You may notice more discharge on your underwear, which resembles raw egg whites.)
Softening and opening of the cervix
Ovulation pain (Ovulating is not usually painful, but some women feel a cramp or sharp pain in their side)

Pls reply.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 9:32am On Jul 08, 2013
marvis5077: Pls doc.I am 22yrs old. I have been having infection symptoms since december last year that is characterized by itching,redness of d vagina,painful urination,lower abdominal pains,litle sores around my vagina area.I bought over d counter drugs initially but later went to see a doc three months ago when it became frequent.(recurring every month, 3days before my flow starts and ending as soon as the flow stops).I was tested for (PID) which was negative and (VDRF)which was positive(showing d presence of klebsiella species,I have never heard of that though).I am now very worried as my menses as been affected.its now scanty and hardly last for two days. Pls I need help.

You may need to see a doctor again as you can not handle it on your own.klebsiella is resistant to antibiotics and it will only take a doctor to help.I am thinking gentamicin may help.But see a dr.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by SmashingM(f): 9:44am On Jul 08, 2013
infogenius:

150 mg for a single oral dose.You should read the leaflets that accompanied the drug.You should continue usage until you are through with your prescription or else the fungi begins to grow again.

Thanks very much Dr. I guess the same dose goes for my husband. May you be blessed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.