Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage (45143 Views)

T.D Jakes’ Daughter, Sarah Henson Ends Her Marriage After 4 Years / Earring-wear Bishop - Td Jakes / Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by citypulseng(m): 3:02pm On Sep 11, 2012
The youngest daughter of mega pastor Bishop T.D. Jakes has released a statement announcing that she is ending her four year marriage.

After just four years, Sarah Henson is divorcing her former NFL player husband, Robert Henson.
In her statement, Henson writes:

I have built my ministry and identity around being the best wife and a mother I can be. For quite sometime I have tried to steer through some serious troubles at home. As much as I wanted my marriage to last, it cannot. After professional counseling, and prayerful consideration I have decided to end my four-year marriage. There are biblical grounds supporting this decision and I have attempted every other recourse but after multiple infractions over the course of the union, and for my personal safety and that of my children, I have come to this painful decision. Now that it is made, I would ask for privacy while I navigate through this difficult season in my life so that I may now concentrate on being the best parent for my children possible. Thank you for your prayers.

Sarah Henson married Robert Henson in a very extravagant wedding ceremony in 2008. At the time, Robert Henson was a student at Texas Christian University. He is a former linebacker for the Washington Redskins. Sarah Henson was only 19 years old when the couple were married.

*** shocked undecidedHmmn... This is serious o. A whole T.D. Jakes daughter dumping her amrriage of 4 years? Can't wait to hear the preacher opinion on the issue...
http://citypulseng..com/2012/09/td-jakes-daughter-ends-her-4-year.html

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2012
Slowly, the hypocrisy on which Christianity is built is beginning to fall apart....
When real life test person, bible verse go start to dey transform...
Glory..

13 Likes

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by tidytim: 3:13pm On Sep 11, 2012
musKeeto: Slowly, the hypocrisy on which Christianity is built is beginning to fall apart....
When real life test person, bible verse go start to dey transform...
Glory..

sssh !

3 Likes

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 11, 2012
tidytim:

sssh !
Tidy up your xtianity...
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by k2039: 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2012
I saw it coming,
the only reason he had to marry him was because she was knocked up at age 14

2 Likes

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by JeSoul(f): 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2012
k2039: I saw it coming,
the only reason he had to marry him was because she was knocked up at age 14
Well not really. She got pregnant at 14 but didn't marry him until 19...seems she could've easily married someone else.

@topic,
Teenage pregnancies and divorce are issues that are very real and very prevalent in today's society - the fact that it happened to a popular preachers kid doesn't necessarily tell bad on him, but rather shows that his family is just like everyone elses and is susceptible to the same issues the rest of us face. In my opinion, it merely shows they are human like the rest of us. This should not be a time for others to kick them in the gut while they're down.

She may have gotten pregnant at 14, but she's gone on and become a solid woman raising her kids, getting a graduate degree, involved in charities, working in a professional setting, appearing on national tv etc etc...this shows courage and heart despite making a terrible mistake so young, it doesn't mean her life ended, but rather a chance to turn it around and make something good out of it.

Divorce is unfortunate, but in some cases necessary, and for a preachers kid who's gone thru a public shaming in the past, I'm sure she didn't reach her decision lightly. From her statement (and life so far) I'm sure she has truly exhausted all options and it is her duty to protect herself & her kids.

Here's a video where both her and her dad talk about the pregnancy. I find both of them very honest & well spoken, we can all learn a thing or two about dealing with making terrible mistakes and how to handle it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjaem4oqcD0

14 Likes

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by obowunmi(m): 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2012
Just because you got pregnant for a man, doesn't mean you MUST marry that man.

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by k2039: 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2012
JeSoul: Well not really. She got pregnant at 14 but didn't marry him until 19...seems she could've easily married someone else.

@topic,
Teenage pregnancies and divorce are issues that are very real and very prevalent in today's society - the fact that it happened to a popular preachers kid doesn't necessarily tell bad on him, but rather shows that his family is just like everyone elses and is susceptible to the same issues the rest of us face. In my opinion, it merely shows they are human like the rest of us. This should not be a time for others to kick them in the gut while they're down.

She may have gotten pregnant at 14, but she's gone on and become a solid woman raising her kids, getting a graduate degree, involved in charities, working in a professional setting, appearing on national tv etc etc...this shows courage and heart despite making a terrible mistake so young, it doesn't mean her life ended, but rather a chance to turn it around and make something good out of it.

Divorce is unfortunate, but in some cases necessary, and for a preachers kid who's gone thru a public shaming in the past, I'm sure she didn't reach her decision lightly. From her statement (and life so far) I'm sure she has truly exhausted all options and it is her duty to protect herself & her kids.

Here's a video where both her and her dad talk about the pregnancy. I find both of them very honest & well spoken, we can all learn a thing or two about dealing with making terrible mistakes and how to handle it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjaem4oqcD0

That's what I keep telling people marriage is far mor than what meet the eyes(Not just love)

This is where the will of God come's in(marriage instituted by God)
Not like God's will marriage will be all rosy but He will provide a way out during the storm.

MARRIAGE NO BE BEANS OOO

The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry."Matthew 19:10

5 Likes

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by k2039: 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2012
obowunmi: Just because you got pregnant for a man, doesn't mean you MUST marry that man.
yeah the father said that in the video.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 12, 2012
woman thou are loosed TD SNAKES

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Delafruita(m): 8:49am On Sep 12, 2012
obowunmi: Just because you got pregnant for a man, doesn't mean you MUST marry that man.
when you then choose to marry him,it doesnt mean you can't divorce him when he makes your life unbearable
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by obowunmi(m): 12:19pm On Sep 13, 2012
Delafruita:
when you then choose to marry him,it doesnt mean you can't divorce him when he makes your life unbearable

It is better NOT to marry than to be divorced. What was she thinking when she married him? He was going to change?? Women need to stop thinking that they can change anyone.

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Callotti: 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2012
There are biblical grounds supporting this decision and I have attempted every other recourse but after multiple infractions over the course of the union, and for my personal safety and that of my children, I have come to this painful decision. Now that it is made, I would ask for privacy while I navigate through this difficult season in my life so that I may now concentrate on being the best parent for my children possible. Thank you for your prayers.

It is not easy my dia.
All the best. kiss
It is going to be more difficult emotionally and financially. . . unfortunately. ESPECIALLY WITH CHILDREN INVOLVED.
As long as SAFETY is a MAJOR concern. . .NNE RRRRRRRRRRRUN FOR YOUR DEAR LIFE!!! kiss
What a beautiful girl! Married at 19, divorced at 25. Married to a 'footballer'? cheesy
A preacher's daughter and a footballer? Wrong move!

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Delafruita(m): 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2012
obowunmi:

It is better NOT to marry than to be divorced. What was she thinking when she married him? He was going to change?? Women need to stop thinking that they can change anyone.

ur head is spinning in delusion.have you given thought to the fact that she was pregnant for the guy?have you considered the fact that she opened her vagyna for him because she was in love?have you even considered the fact that she willingly married him?
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by obowunmi(m): 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2012
Delafruita:
ur head is spinning in delusion.have you given thought to the fact that she was pregnant for the guy?have you considered the fact that she opened her vagyna for him because she was in love?have you even considered the fact that she willingly married him?

the mere fact you sleep with a man means that you MUST marry him? cry cry cry

Do you know how many women that I have f,cked?
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by MacDaddy01: 8:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
obowunmi:

Zero?

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by UyiIredia(m): 8:18pm On Sep 13, 2012
That's bad. What will the rest of T.D Jakes congregation learn from this ?

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Delafruita(m): 8:20pm On Sep 13, 2012
obowunmi:

and you think you deserve a medal for it.i know your type.but you idiotically skipped the part about HIS BABY IN HER WOMB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by danwo: 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2012
obowunmi:

MacDaddy01:

Zero?

grin grin grin

Delafruita:

and you think you deserve a medal for it.

i know your type

but you idiotically skipped the part about HIS BABY IN HER WOMB

^^^^

". . . Carnal, sensual pleasure, stupifies conscience

and puts out the sparks of conviction . . .
" - Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by lepasharon(f): 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2012
have you guys noticed that pastors children are always messed up? undecided

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by danwo: 9:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
lepasharon:

have you guys noticed that pastors children are always messed up? undecided

^^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDf1nohU47g

. . . "messed up" and with a message
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2012
lepasharon: have you guys noticed that pastors children are always messed up? undecided
THATS CUZ THE CHILDREN SEE THE HYPOCRISY BETWEEN THE MANS REAL LIFE AND HIS ELEVATED SPIRITUAL STATUS AS A PASTOR. THAT STUFF MESSES WITH THEIR MINDS. THESE PASTORS ARE ALL SNAKES. THE KIDS ARE REBELLING

7 Likes

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by obowunmi(m): 11:29pm On Sep 13, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Zero?

grin grin grin

Manage yourself.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Humanbeans(m): 11:27am On Sep 14, 2012
obadiah777: THATS CUZ THE CHILDREN SEE THE HYPOCRISY BETWEEN THE MANS REAL LIFE AND HIS ELEVATED SPIRITUAL STATUS AS A PASTOR. THAT STUFF MESSES WITH THEIR MINDS. THESE PASTORS ARE ALL SNAKES. THE KIDS ARE REBELLING

That's very true. A lot of pastors don't really believe what they teach, if they do, then they will follow it.

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Dignitary: 1:45pm On Sep 14, 2012

Huh
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by stagger: 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
Getting married at 19? Bad mistake.

Well, whatever the reason, here are some facts:

1) Getting married at 19 is a big mistake. At 19, what does anyone know about life let alone getting into a thing like marriage that even some of us who have been in the business for some years now are still learning things everyday?

2) That a girl got pregnant and had a baby for a man does not mean she should marry him. Period. If it were me and the presence of a child will prevent her from getting another better man, I will adopt the child as mine. Simple.

3) American Christians are fast losing touch with the true essence of Christianity and are using a lot of excuses from their culture to run away from the bible truths. That is where I am so proud of being a Nigerian: our cultural beliefs on family values are second to none.

These things show us that only God should be our role model: not any human being because we are all fallible.

4 Likes

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Super1759: 1:54pm On Sep 14, 2012
Devil is really at work,attacking pastor through their families

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 14, 2012
This guy and Eddie Long love them little boys...

TD Jakes looking like Kinta Kunte when he got off the boat.. grin
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by friedmeat: 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
k2039:

That's what I keep telling people marriage is far mor than what meet the eyes(Not just love)

This is where the will of God come's in(marriage instituted by God)
Not like God's will marriage will be all rosy but He will provide a way out during the storm.

MARRIAGE NO BE BEANS OOO

The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry."Matthew 19:10

Very thoughtful and mature statement.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by nduchucks: 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2012
You people should be careful about criticising this girl. I don't believe that the bible teaches anyone to remain married to a person who continues to have unprotected sex with other people, thereby endangering the lives of their spouses and children (think HIV).

I wonder whether physical abuse was also a factor in this case.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by friedmeat: 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2012
Super1759: Devil is really at work,attacking pastor through their families

True and scaring.
Re: TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage by friedmeat: 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2012
ndu_chucks: You people should be careful about criticising this girl. I don't believe that the bible teaches anyone to remain married to a person who continues to have unprotected sex with other people, thereby endangering the lives of their spouses and children (think HIV).

I wonder whether physical abuse was also a factor in this case.

I beg leave ppl and their-Africans and most especially Nigerians- hippo when it comes to marriage matters

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CAN Mourns TB Joshua 72 Hours After Death / Check Out The Hilarious Sign Church Uses To Stop People From Urinating Around / Omega Fire Ministry Issues Official Statement On Arrest Of Apostle Suleiman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.