Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job (944 Views)

Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood / Are You Ready To Vote? Behind Awards 09? / Behind All Youths Awards 09 : Dont Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by Krysstie: 2:56am On Sep 12, 2012
It was meant to be my first day at a new job and i could hardly sleep all through the night, thinking of what it would be like.
I tossed and turned waiting for morning, so I could wear the new dress bought specially to kick-start my job.

Finally, at about 2am, i was snatched away to dreamland.
I had barely slept when mama interrupted my dream.
'My dear am off to work. Help me take your nieces to school, my car has a fault'.
'Ok...see you later'. I replied, covering myself once again with my blanket.
Was drifting back to sleep when i remembered my new job.
I hurriedly jumped off the bed to call mama back and let her know i had work for 8am, and dropping my nieces off @school could not work.
I had wanted the job to be a surprise to her. Now i wished i had told her earlier.

I searched round the house, and looked down the street if she was still in sight, but she was nowhere to be found.
What was i to do with the two kids? How would i dress myself up, dress them up, give them breakfast and still make it to work? I kept thinking.
I sunk into the sofa in the sitting room, almost close to tears.
Time was running fast and i couldnt loose the job.
Did all i could to leave the house as early as i could, and finally left home @7:30am.
Held back my tears all through the journey to my nieces' school and then to work.

The traffic was hell, and i lost hope about the job.
At exactly 9:30am i was standing in front of my supposed new office, but i couldn't bear the shame of coming late on the first day of work.
I stared for about 10mins and could feel drops of tears tricking down my cheeks.
I walked back slowly to the bus-stop to get a bus back home, and just as i got there a car from heaven knows where splashed filthy rain water on my new clothes. Was this day meant to be a curse? I thought. I pretended like nothing happened, and got into a bus.
My mind was away from me throughout my stay in the bus and i had to get a scream from the conductor before i got back to life, and paid him his money.

I got down at my bus-stop and waited to flag down a motorcycle who would take me straight home, so i could cry all i wanted.
But instead of a motorcycle, my ex-bf was passing by. This was definitely was a cursed day, i thought within myself.
With my stained clothes, and almost swollen eyes, this guy would see me? It definitely wasn't going to happen.
I looked to another direction, and fortunately he passed without noticing me.
I quickly got into a motorcycle that stopped in front of me, and home i was within 10mins.

I landed on my bed, cried a little and drifted into sleep. Noone must know about this i concluded within myself.
I accepted my fate and tried smiling when others joined me at home.
My two nieces to me, where the cause of my bad day, and i tried avoiding their faces all through the day 'cos it reminded me i had lost my new job.

How's did you see the piece?

Rate me plzzz!

3 Likes

Re: Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by dlex21(m): 11:38am On Sep 12, 2012
its nyc...one question though...y didnt u go into the office and explain ur supposed unforseen predicament?
Re: Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by Krysstie: 11:42am On Sep 12, 2012
The character is obviously an extremely shy person n hates embarassments....
Re: Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by dlex21(m): 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
Krysstie: The character is obviously an extremely shy person n hates embarassments....

yeah...i noticed, the character has 2 adjust if there is to be a continuation o!!! lol
Re: Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by Krysstie: 2:05pm On Sep 12, 2012
dlex21:

yeah...i noticed, the character has 2 adjust if there is to be a continuation o!!! lol

It's jst a day stuff n d@ was d end of her day.....watchout how her 2mao wuld be....
Re: Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by dlex21(m): 2:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
Krysstie:

It's jst a day stuff n d@ was d end of her day.....watchout how her 2mao wuld be....
aii..looking forward 2 it
Re: Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by Cuddlemii: 1:31am On Sep 13, 2012
@Krysstie,

The character needs to space her write-up for readers to find it easy to read. Thanks!
Re: Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by Krysstie: 5:11am On Sep 14, 2012
Cuddlemii: @Krysstie,

The character needs to space her write-up for readers to find it easy to read. Thanks!

owkay...still new n 'twas my first post....so, didnt kno it wuld turn awt d@ way. Tnx nyweiz...
Re: Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by Cuddlemii: 5:13am On Sep 14, 2012
Krysstie:

owkay...still new n 'twas my first post....so, didnt kno it wuld turn awt d@ way. Tnx nyweiz...

ok, do you need help spacing it?

Welcome! smiley
Re: Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by Krysstie: 8:43am On Sep 14, 2012
Cuddlemii:

ok, do you need help spacing it?

Welcome! smiley

actually, no.....buh seems u've helped wiv it alwedi...tnx @bunch...
Re: Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by siddiq202(m): 12:58pm On Sep 14, 2012
@OP
It's fantastic. so what happened the next day?
Re: Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by Krysstie: 6:24pm On Sep 14, 2012
siddiq202: @OP

@siddiq, tnx alot...lotsa finz happened....bin too lazy to write....buh nt 2 wori, 2day ws also very eventful 4 her...wuld letchu kno wah happened 2nyt...

1 Like

Re: Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by Krysstie: 3:23pm On Sep 16, 2012
siddiq202: @OP

check awt my new post...
Re: Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by Krysstie: 3:32pm On Sep 16, 2012
dlex21:
aii..looking forward 2 it

check awt my new post...
Re: Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by siddiq202(m): 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2012
I'm not a writer (at least for now) so I may not know where/what exactly you need to improve on, but I think the second piece is also interesting...
I have just one observation, which is the use of single quotation mark instead of double-quotation mark

Krysstie:
P.S: This is not real life or about real beings, it's purely fiction...
grin grin OK noted
Re: Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by Krysstie: 1:50pm On Sep 17, 2012
[quote author=siddiq202]I'm not a writer (at least for now) so I may not know where/what exactly you need to improve on, but I think the second piece is also interesting...
I have just one observation, which is the use of single quotation mark instead of double-quotation mark

yea, i kno....tnx...
Re: Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by xquire(m): 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2012
Wow!...u're quite creative, i so luv dis, nice write-up bt u need to add more life n effect to it(yea i knw iz meant to be like some kinda autobiography or memoire) to keep the reads interested n wantin to read more like: 1. Wat d bus conductor said dat brot u bk to life (e.g "whr's ur moni nw, abi u no dey hear me" d conductor yelled almost statlin me off my seat). 2. U need try more in details, like wat u wore n d kind of office u wantd to work(it help sink d readers into ur story tryin to visualiz) 3. U need to take more tym in castin ur character givin d normal flaws n virtues. (well 4 d record i'aint no prof. writter bt i've don sm piece b4) Generally u're a good writer #tombs up# good job! Keep it up.
Re: Xtie's Diary==>12/09/12==>My New Job by Krysstie: 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2012
xquire: Wow!...u're quite creative, i so luv dis, nice write-up bt u need to add more life n effect to it(yea i knw iz meant to be like some kinda autobiography or memoire) to keep the reads interested n wantin to read more like: 1. Wat d bus conductor said dat brot u bk to life (e.g "whr's ur moni nw, abi u no dey hear me" d conductor yelled almost statlin me off my seat). 2. U need try more in details, like wat u wore n d kind of office u wantd to work(it help sink d readers into ur story tryin to visualiz) 3. U need to take more tym in castin ur character givin d normal flaws n virtues. (well 4 d record i'aint no prof. writter bt i've don sm piece b4) Generally u're a good writer #tombs up# good job! Keep it up.

tnx.....was tryin 2 make it as short as possible 'cos d post could take jst 5, 000 words

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Presence Command Respect... / My One Chance Story / Penastory: The Chronicles Of A Government Hooker – Episode 1 (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.