Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,445 members, 7,781,290 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:53 AM

Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me (3679 Views)

Can't Approach A Lady, CONJI Is Killing Me, Please I Need Help! / Pls Help Me My Female Neigbour Is Killing Me / Help - Shes Killing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by crabsoyst: 8:41am On Sep 12, 2012
Dear Nairalanders,

Its time I bring up my plight for this house to help deliberate on and proffer some advice/solutions/share experiences to help someone go through a very trying period of his life.

I am that kind of regular cool guy, achieved enough for my age (30years), good degrees and a stable career (enough to keep me comfortable and happy) and in addition, emotionally, socially, financial and physically ready for marriage. I am of the AS-Blood Genotype.

My love life has been quite challenging – been in three different relationships so far, and fortunately/unfortunately, they are all of the AS-blood genotype. In all honesty, as at the time of the first relationship, (the lady was AS also), which lasted from 2006 to 2009, I was not so bothered about the genotype tingy, but the relationship ended because of some other issues (she was still young and not really clear about what she wants, double dating on her part etc). Hastingly, because of the loss of the first one, I jumped into another (also an AS-genotype) which crashed in less than a year (2010) and that was simply because it was clear I rushed into it (we just don’t get the flow, we were always disagreeing on little things).

In this first two relationships, please note that even though I was thought genetics and this genotype mix in secondary school and university, I really didn’t bother about it effects, clearly because it was all theoretical to me as at then.

Afterwards, I decided to have a personal retreat, talk to myself, understand what I actually want in a lady, prepare myself (completed some more degrees, moved up well with career etc) and in between, got into a seminar that discussed genotypes in detail, and trust me was fully aware of it. I even did another test to confirm mine to be AS. Infact, I was able to fully understand how bad the effects of poor choice can be when you have an SS- child, as I know of a family with a SS-child and the hell of challenges they face during crisis experienced by the child.

Fastforward to late 2011, I got involved with another lady, which I liked very well, we dated very well for about four months before I asked her about her genotype, and alas another AS, painful!!! We consulted again with my pastor, doctors etc, and the advise was to let it go. Slowly and gradually, we had to let go.

Just recently, I am involved with another lady, now trust me, its just a month now, and she has been so interesting, I have been able to know so much about her in this short period, but alas, last weekend I just asked her about her genotype…………**faints** another AS!!!!!!!!!!! Been bedridden since then, just strong enough to get online and post this.

Something must be happening here, there must be a way out. Please doctors, counselors, people with same experience (personal or borrowed), please share, there really must be a way out. I’d tell you my greatest fear now is to go back being single or searching again!!!!!!!! NO…please help! Somebody talk to me……………..
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by amyg(f): 9:22am On Sep 12, 2012
Am so sori bro.I passed tru a similar xperience.quite shattering,I won't even wish my enemy.just relax,God is far greater dan our probs
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by crabsoyst: 9:30am On Sep 12, 2012
^^^^ ow then did u survive the experience.....what tip do u have to share.
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by amyg(f): 9:38am On Sep 12, 2012
I quit d r/ship immediately though d guy fought it.it wasn't easy 4 me oh.I almost lost it.God is able,keep praying.now,I pop d qst casually during the friendship stage.just incase(winks).u stand a greater chance as a guy,u go 4 d gal unlike me dat ll have 2 wait.
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by adonisgold: 10:18am On Sep 12, 2012
There was dis girl I was to marry , we had fixed a date, bought clothes and paid for the reception venue but.....AS! Now what can be worse than that?
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:10am On Sep 12, 2012
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin angry angry angry
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by kuphid(f): 11:19am On Sep 12, 2012
Bro take it easy, like Amy, I have been there too, It wasn't easy, my heart was shattered, but I picked up courage and with God I was able to pull through, I found my strength in God. In this situation, there is little you can do.
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by vivianc(f): 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2012
Chrisbenogor: Yo,
I feel your pain bro, I get where you are coming from but you need to keep your eye on the big picture. It is a good thing you do your screening at least one month into when you think you are beginning to "like" her and face it man you would still move on. I never appreciated this until I dated an SS girl way back then in school, she was beautiful so beautiful I was shocked when she said SS a couple of months in she had a minor crisis. It was not funny at all, no one should pass a human being through that type of pain because of love. She hated her parents for it.
Take your time boss, do your screening as always very early.
Alika what's up?
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by skidos4u(m): 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
dnt wori bro. do u knw dat its easier 4 guys dan bebs? whn a lady is involved in dis kind of tin it wot b easy 4 her 2 ve anoda guy dt wil jst show up wit seriousnes, bt 4 guys d shoping continue. d rit person wil soon show up.
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by crabsoyst: 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
hmmmm....appreciate the responses though.
Just on a second note, is it not medically possible to artificially choose the blood group of the child, maybe through artificial insemination, in-vitro fertilisation or something...some medical help also NL's....
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by omotola1(m): 1:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
I‘m a scientist, biologist, partially a geneticist.
From that angle, my brother, i‘ll never even encourage my worst enemy to marry AS-AS.
But if u ve got a faith dat can move mountain, u may go ahead. It worked for some people (though some never knew their genotype).
NOW YOU KNOW!
IGNORANCE IS A DESTROYER.
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by seunfly: 1:55pm On Sep 12, 2012
I guess am lucky AA, may be you should ask for genotye first before you go into any real relationship. Ask when you are still friends dat way you don't get your precious heart burnt.
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by Dreystar(f): 1:57pm On Sep 12, 2012
Be patient and prayerful!
Your little sacrifice of patience will save you a lifetime of regrets. All will be well!

Also remember there are some SS out there who are going through issues worse than this!

Better late than sorry(regrets)
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by crabsoyst: 2:04pm On Sep 12, 2012
omotola1: I‘m a scientist, biologist, partially a geneticist.
From that angle, my brother, i‘ll never even encourage my worst enemy to marry AS-AS.
But if u ve got a faith dat can move mountain, u may go ahead. It worked for some people (though some never knew their genotype).
NOW YOU KNOW!
IGNORANCE IS A DESTROYER.

many thanks! id get back to work tomorrow....time to be STRONG!
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by Excelboi(m): 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2012
Kai, e good make person be AA... Sorry bro
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by jobaskia(m): 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
It so depresing the way you are now but you can always get over it. Ensure you know their genotype (women) before going into a full relationship with them. On the other end the woman dont joke about it once they see there is a mismatch they take care cover inrrespective of the love/feeling she must have had in you from the onset . They take it so seriously.

Just be watchful sha . God bless
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by Realman4: 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
O boy,thank ur star...immediately ‎​​U know d genotype,pls withdraw....talking with experience gotten in a bitter way...
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
hmmmm sorry............
me am AA........
Take me...... embarassed
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:32pm On Sep 12, 2012
vivian chinaza:
Alika what's up?
My tomato josi, I dey jare.
You abandoned me since.
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by Idowuogbo(f): 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
Oh boi ee!!! shocked shocked
Ur case na fasting and praying o!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by Idowuogbo(f): 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
Chrisbenogor:
You abandoned me since.
B4 u start tomatoing, u best ask if her skeske na AA. tongue
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by elari(m): 6:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
Idowuogbo:
. . .so that ur skeske may not be like dele giwa who mistook a bomb 4 a letter bomb.
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by Idowuogbo(f): 6:50pm On Sep 12, 2012
elari: . . .so that ur skeske may not be like dele giwa who mistook a bomb 4 a letter bomb.
U say? undecided
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:59pm On Sep 12, 2012
Idowuogbo:
No need to ask now I be AA already grin
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by vivianc(f): 7:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
Chrisbenogor:
You abandoned me since.
Pumpkin sorry I didn't abandon you. And I'm AA by the way. Lol
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by vivianc(f): 7:43pm On Sep 12, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Lol.........
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by obowunmi(m): 7:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
ladunsky: hmmmm sorry............
me am AA........
Take me...... embarassed

Pls connect with her, if you are compatible, make things work. No pressure.

@OP: where are you based?
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 12, 2012
Genotype z no longa an issue in marriage, sims u re jst lukin 4 an excuse to brk up afta an adventure, coz if u did consult as u said, u wud hv been told of 'total bone marrow transplant' which z nw available in nigeria-d total remval of d X factors n replacing them wit As. I dnt mean blood transfusn o. Den there z also d preventive injectn available at abt 150000k dat prevents a SS fusion to fertilise, so u wud neva hv an SS child. Both are avail in nigeria nt europe. Pls luk 4 anoda excuse, science has gone far, wake up, ds z d 21st century.
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by Idowuogbo(f): 8:11pm On Sep 12, 2012
vivian chinaza:
Gbam!! May d potato and peppersouping begin.
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2012
vivian chinaza:
cheesy cheesy Where have you been then? AA shebi correct geh!
Idowuogbo:
Gbam!! May d potato and peppersouping begin.
Make we dey wait you before tongue
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by obicentlis: 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
I was in your shoes back then n i know how it pains. But i can advise you based on the strategy i used to guess genotype before going our with a babe. Stop looking for skinny chicks. Skinny ones re prone to be AS why heavily built re mainly of AA. From shoulder too i do detect who is who. Lanky shoulders re mainly AS while built ones re AA. Try it. Good luck.
Re: Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me by vivianc(f): 9:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
Chrisbenogor:
cheesy cheesy Where have you been then? AA shebi correct geh!
Make we dey wait you before tongue
Lol, don't mind that babe, she is just jealous I guess.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Ladies So Mean! / Mention 2 Nairalanders That Suit Any Of The Groups? / Why Married Women Still Enjoy the sweetness of Sex Outside Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.