Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Beware Of This Scam - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beware Of This Scam (2232 Views)

Beware Of This Scam Mail!!! / Dont Fall For This Scam. / Beware Of This Scam Email From A Nairalander! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of This Scam by dagr8(m): 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2012
I just received this message in my inbox.
Please dont get greedy and fall victim. The message has been in circulation since 2010. You can confirm from these links:
http://www.419baiter.com/_scam_emails/0-rzk/81/mary-mbogo-edwards.shtml
http://www.419baiter.com/_scam_emails/0-rzp-008-10/95/scam-email-057818.shtml

This is d sweet message i received
the first one:
To:
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:40 PM
Subject: PLEASE MY DEAR HELP ME OUT,

Dearest.

I got your email address from the yahoo tourist search while looking for some one whom i will call mine,I will really like to have a good relationship with you, and i have a special reason why i decided to contact you. I decided to contact you because of the urgency of my situation here ,I am Miss Hannan Mbogo Edwards 24years old girl from Liberia the only daughter of Late prince,Mbogo Edwards the deputy minister of national security under the leadership of president Charles Taylor who is now in exile after many innocent soul were killed,

My Father was killed by government of Charles Taylor ,he accuse my father of coup attempt. I am constrained to contact you because of the maltreatment i am receiving from my step mother. She planned to take away all my late father's treasury and properties from me since the unexpected death of my beloved Father. Meanwhile I wanted to escape to the Europe she hide away my international passport and other valuable travelling documents. Luckily she did not discover where I kept my father’s File which contains important documents.

So I decided to run to the refugee camp where I am presently seeking asylum under the United Nations High Commission for the Refugee here in Ouagadougou,Republic of Burkina faso. I wish to contact you personally for a long term business relationship and investment assistance in your Country. My Father of blessed memory deposited the sum of US$8.500,000.00 in Bank with my name as the next of kin. However, I shall give you more information of my inheritance on confirmation of your acceptance to assist me for the transfer and investment of the fund.

As you will help me in an investment, and i will like to complete my studies, as i was in my first year in the university, when the crisis started. It is my intention to compensate you with 40% of the total money for your services and the balance shall be my investment capital. This is the reason why I decided to contact you. Please all communications should be through this email address only for confidential purposes. As soon as I receive your positive response showing your interest I will put things into action immediately. In the light of the above,

I shall appreciate an urgent message indicating your ability and wilingness to handle this transaction sincerely. i am staying at the female hostel. Awaiting your urgent and positive response.Please do keep this only to your self please i beg you not to disclose it till i come over, once the fund has been transfered.

Yours Love, Hannan.
Re: Beware Of This Scam by dagr8(m): 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
This is d second message:

DEAR FRIEND,

WITH DUE RESPECT, I AM MR.AZIZ KABORE ,MANAGER AUDIT/ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA( U.B.A ) OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA-FASO, LATE LEADER OF LIBYA MUAMMAR GADDAFI. I RESPECTFULLY INSIST YOU READ THIS LETTER CAREFULLY.

AS I AM OPTIMISTIC IT WILL BE OPEN DOOR FOR UNIMAGINABLE FINANCIAL REWARDS FOR BOTH OF US. I BELIEVE YOU KNOW ABOUT THE CURRENT WAR IN LIBYA? MANY FAMILIES HAVE LOST A LOT AND ARE LOSING MORE ON A DAILY BASIS AND I NEED YOUR HELP TO SECURE SOME OF THESE FUNDS BECAUSE THESE ARE HARD-EARNED MONEY. THERE FUNDS ARE PROCEEDS OF CONTRACTS EXECUTED BY THE FAMILY. EXAMPLES ARE BP'S US$900M LIBYAN OIL EXPLORATION CONTRACT IN 2007, SHARES IN JUVENTUS FOOTBALL CLUB, ENI: THE ITALIAN OIL GIANT, AND PEARSON: THE PARENT COMPANY OF PENGUIN AND FINANCIAL TIMES. ALSO SOME MONEY WAS MADE FROM INVESTMENTS IN NUMEROUS FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS, INCLUDING GOLDMAN SACHS, JP MORGAN CHASE AND THE CARLYLE GROUP.

IN ORDER TO ENSURE THAT ALL THEIR ASSETS ARE NOT FROZEN DUE TO SUDDEN DEATH OF ORIGINAL DEPOSITOR WHO DIED AS THE RESULT OF WAR IN LIBYA MUAMMAR GADDAFI, WAS HAVING A CLOSED BALANCE OF NINETEEN MILLION THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($19.3M) IN ONE OF HIS PRIVATE US DOLLAR ACCOUNT THAT WAS BEEN MANAGED BY ME AS HIS CUSTOMER'S ACCOUNT OFFICER. I HAVE DESIRED TO MOVE THE FUND OUT OF THIS COUNTRY TO YOUR DESTINATION TO BE LEGALLY CLAIMED BY YOU.

REPLY WITH THIS NECESSARY INFORMATION'S TO FACILITATE AN EASY COMMUNICATION.

1.Full Name:.............................
2.Full Address:...........................
3.Telephone number :.......................
4.Country :.................................
5.Occupation:................................
6.Age:........................................
7.Sex:.........................................

REGARDS
AZIZ KABORE
Re: Beware Of This Scam by Bella3(f): 6:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
I recieved something similar to the first, the girl told me shes in a refugee dats been mistreated bt somehow has constant acess to the internet. It was funny
Re: Beware Of This Scam by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
Bélla3: I recieved something similar to the first, the girl told me shes in a refugee dats been mistreated bt somehow has constant acess to the internet. It was funny
Me too.from Amina claiming she is a refugee from Dakar senegal blah!blah
Re: Beware Of This Scam by Bella3(f): 8:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Me too.from Amina claiming she is a refugee from Dakar senegal blah!blah
so many of them.
Re: Beware Of This Scam by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
Bélla3: so many of them.
irritating
Re: Beware Of This Scam by Omobarca: 9:55am On May 24, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Is Yahoo Messenger Dead? / Photos: Meet 'the World’s Bendiest' Woman / Police Is Your Friend,is He Saving The Situation Or Enjoying The Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.