Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! (19515 Views)

How I Scammed Lagos Job Scammers / Job Scammers Taking Advantage Of Corpers; How I Got Scammed Looking For A Job / This Is A New Style Job Scammers Use In Operating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Castos(m): 10:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
i doubt both the story and the op.
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
Am kinda confused! Reasons are:
If the guy was actually a scammer he wouldn't have showed his face during the interview at the FLP premises
The picture doesn't show someone was gonna be arrested.to me it looks like a lecture was going on
He would have chosen another venue for the interview so as not to get caught
I don't believe this!
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by condralbede(m): 10:46pm On Sep 12, 2012
Sharp guy,bt he did nt calculate vry fast.
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by KINGwax(m): 10:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
The story of the kasala wey burst na true, but leshi, with all on ground routed to him can't be a scammer. I mean the headoffice, t-shirts, company's hall, no money demanded and all that confidence. Except leshi is somehow psychotic, no scammer will be dt foolish. There's a great misunderstanding somewhere. Somebody needs to talk. I think leshi should explain.
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by thehomer: 10:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
This Forever Living thing sounds like a pyramid scheme. Look it up here, compare it to what you were told and decide on your next mode of action.
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Delafruita(m): 11:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
iyeachile :
@ify always. The news is real, I was there. If u want proof u can check leshi's post on August 23. That's the head of flpnigeria on pink shirt Cornelius Tay . And next to him is the supposed "leshi" it was not a thing of argument. They were made to stand in front of the applicants as the flp head calmly told them that it was all a scam .@ afam. Here are ur pix dats if u can identify them.
what is a scam?IMO,i scam is same as a grift or a con.now,a con isnt a con till someone has been conned out of their money.now can you honestly tell us how much you or any other person paid to these "scammers"?

it is sickening that people are so quick to throw such strong words around.from my understanding,FLP is a MLM company just like GNLD or EDMARK.people make money by introducing more people to the business.a few years ago,this idea of creating "vacancies" was implemented by some people in the MLM business and since then it became the norm.for them,they justify it with "the end justifies the means".when i was seeking a job,i also fell for it.i saw a vacancy for production manager in a food processing company and i called for more info.i was told to come with my CV to gbagada and it was when i got there i realised it was GNLD stuff.its quite dishonest to say the fact,but for anyone who gets pricked by the seminar and decides to join and eventually makes money,it would have been worth it.

methinks the FLP guys wanted to do same and the boss didnt buy the idea.but the boss made the mistake of disagreeing publicly because that would hamper their ability to use that "dishonest" strategy or any other one for that matter in the future

2 Likes

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by ifyalways(f): 11:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
@sisi and others, the journey started from here.

https://www.nairaland.com/1026551/forever-living-products-mobile-catalog

From what I read there, the sins of the OP include:

Starting the above thread, claiming folks would earn "X" amount per month selling
Flp products online.

He gave them a supposedly company email address to forward their cv's to.

He told them they had to pay 2K each for bla bla.

They were invited for interview, supposedly organised by the company FLP.

On getting there, the CEO of the company claimed he neither knows the OP nor he representing them.

2 Likes

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Shaw007(m): 11:09pm On Sep 12, 2012
akpu nku: MODs pls remove this from front page till the op can make her post clear... The story doesnt make up and it is degrading to be on the front page. Thanks
precisely. . .it just doesnt add up!
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by dayokanu(m): 11:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
So who scammed who

What were they scammed of?

Why would they go to the Head office to do the scam?

1 Like

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by elampiro(m): 11:24pm On Sep 12, 2012
I don't understand the story. It doesn't add up. How did he get access to the room in the FLP head quarters? He past the gate man, he walked past the secretary and received visitors into a hall of such a company without anyone questioning him.

1 Like

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
lehsi: Please make your posts....they will be good for the court case....people pls post o....no body should get such a treatment when they actually ran no scam....i have been using their platform for more than a month....and because some people are afraid of the solution this brings they want to shenk it....ask urself o
come o! Ur moniker says LEHSI,the poster said LESHI.how do you intend to use our comments for court case? You are just putting everyone in a state of confusion! If you have any problem with your employer,you better settle it amicably than involving innocent people.I don't need anyone to turn me to detective JACK BAUER this nite abeg!

1 Like

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Ejine(m): 11:27pm On Sep 12, 2012
I actually think the Lehsi guy is innocent, and this is all just a big misunderstanding on the part of the company chief in a fluorescent pink shirt (seriously, we'll discuss that later).
A little question for the OP: Did Lehsi ask you for cash?

1 Like

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Ejine(m): 11:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
berem: come o! Ur moniker says LEHSI,the poster said LESHI.how do you intend to use our comments for court case? You are just putting everyone in a state of confusion! If you have any problem with your employer,you better settle it amicably than involving innocent people.I don't need anyone to turn me to detective JACK BAUER this nite abeg!

I think the OP made a typo.
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Ejine(m): 11:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
elampiro: I don't understand the story. It doesn't add up. How did he get access to the room in the FLP head quarters? He past the gate man, he walked past the secretary and received visitors into a hall of such a company without anyone questioning him.

Thank you!
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by ifyalways(f): 11:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
In the main thread, I read when the accused (Leshi) told them they had to pay 2K each for something. Don't know if twas paid to his personal account or company's.

I think, keyword is think that its a case of sharing formular gone wrong btw a lazy boss and a hardworking, over zealous employer.

Just thinking out loud. . .
Ejiné: I actually think the Lehsi guy is innocent, and this is all just a big misunderstanding on the part of the company chief in a fluorescent pink shirt (seriously, we'll discuss that later).
A little question for the OP: Did Lehsi ask you for cash?
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by acidtalk: 11:43pm On Sep 12, 2012
I would have followed the crowd to conclude the story doesn't add up if I hadn't read 2 of the accused (leshi's comment) on this same thread.

The poster sounds as confused as the accused (leshi). She lacks knowledge of how to express the whole scene and what transpired at the venue.

Leshi on the other hand is even expressing himself life a street tout using meaningless slangs.

In my own reasoning, I believe this is what happened.

* Leshi thought he had become a genuis when an idea came on how FLP could sell their products online.

* He sold the idea to a coupt of staff who inturn told others about it.

* They agreed to invite people and charge them for the interview which will cover cost of the hall, materials, and other logistics.

* They also agreed on a sharing formular between all parties involved.

* voola, leshi posted it on nairaland and people fell for the bait.

* the day of the interview came and the (invidible CEO of FLP surface). All this while, he had acted not knowing what was going on.

* He took advantage and disgraced leshi and his team members.

Questions;

* Why didn't the CEO also bring out members of his company who planned the whole crime with leshi from the onset.

* will he claim he wasn't aware of the arrangement from the onset till that very date?

* let him point out those criminals in his company that also participated in the crime.

* can he prove he isn't using leshi to resurrect his FAILING Forever Living Product in Nigeria?

Leshi was used as a scape goat which he fell flat for because of his greed.

4 Likes

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
ifyalways: In the main thread, I read when the accused (Leshi) told them they had to pay 2K each for something. Don't know if twas paid to his personal account or company's.

I think, keyword is think that its a case of sharing formular gone wrong btw a lazy boss and a hardworking, over zealous employer.

Just thinking out loud. . .
sharing formular? What actually did they wanna share? The Op should tell us if they actually paid the money and to whose account it was paid! Some things have to be cleared here honestly.
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Adanyebe(m): 12:05am On Sep 13, 2012
Busted indeed, why the poor scammer no just wan manage de garri and palm kernel wey him get to chop? wey him come decide take advantage of the jobless situation for this we contry...
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 13, 2012
Adanyebe: Busted indeed, why the poor scammer no just wan manage de garri and palm kernel wey him get to chop? wey him come decide take advantage of the jobless situation for this we contry...
dude how does this make sense ? undecided
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Opoki(m): 12:14am On Sep 13, 2012
Adanyebe: Busted indeed, why the poor scammer no just wan manage de garri and palm kernel wey him get to chop? wey him come decide take advantage of the jobless situation for this we contry...

Isn't that funny!
Garri with palm kernel?
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by damola57: 12:21am On Sep 13, 2012
Oops, busted.
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by gistme24(m): 12:35am On Sep 13, 2012
Could not help but feel sad after reading this. Our economy has gotten to this level that people travel a long distance for a job interview that does not exist? And it turns out to be scam?
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 13, 2012
The sharp guy no look like somebody caught in the act, is CEO backing out or something?
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by greenhope(m): 1:33am On Sep 13, 2012
Wait, Did he ask for an upfront fee to give jobs out? if no my question is when will some people in this part of the world starting thinking. This is Gibberish
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by greenhope(m): 1:35am On Sep 13, 2012
Least I forget, Job Scavengers better go acquire sales skills and develop your minds because we are in the era of distribution and not white slavery.
wo
Note: I have nothing to do with FLP, Just my own two scent
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Shaw007(m): 1:45am On Sep 13, 2012
Whoa! whoa!! whoa!!! I thought d Op said the police tOok 'em away or sometin. . .isnt it the same gUy pOsting nOw??

Personally i think bOth the Op and Mr.lehsi here are confused

And Mr.lehsi pls explain urself,b4 any further investigations in order 2 conclude my fact without making any inaccurate postulations. . . .sh*t i shulda gOne 2 law schOolgringrin

#sighs. . .where are the csi's when yu need emgringrin
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by ogochukwunasa1: 3:16am On Sep 13, 2012
lehsi: Please make your posts....they will be good for the court case....people pls post o....no body should get such a treatment when they actually ran no scam....i have been using their platform for more than a month....and because some people are afraid of the solution this brings they want to shenk it....ask urself o

this is leshi, the criminal
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by onatisi(m): 3:45am On Sep 13, 2012
i think it is the company that actually scammed the applicants ,the leshi couldnt have collected all that money and still have the guts to show his face ,but in order to bring a quick end to the issue and send everyone home without causing any prob for the company , a mini drama was staged to convince and confuse ppl it was a scam and that the scammer has been arrested .which brings the whole story to n end ,a police van arrives to pick leshi and must have dropped him off at a beer parlour while they wait for the crowd at the company to disperse.i just wonder how many applicants applied?2k multiply by 500 will be like 1million ,no sweat money .just bring some mugus to an office and tell them no job.the ceo and leshi are all scammers

1 Like

Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Nobody: 4:42am On Sep 13, 2012
Who are the scammers?

The potbelly guy in white and the James-Bond-Wanna-Be dude standing with his arms crossed?
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by Odunnu: 4:56am On Sep 13, 2012
lehsi: I am so sure this is going to court.....this people are registered with the company....got the approval of the company...paid the company for the hall...and den dis....i am presently asked questions and a company receipt upon meeting completion was sent to me....i am asking questions too....this is far serious....why would stone run a scam at zero cost and in the company's head office....it doesn't make sense....the md took it all wrong not knowing that he's staffs approved these persons
Are you the 'Leshi' OP is talking about? Whats going on?
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by akin33(m): 5:23am On Sep 13, 2012
More of them shall fail again. I have been a victim in Lagos Ojodu Beger too. Scamer every in Lagos. Scamers dnt go to jail in Lagos bt triffic offenders were sent to prison. Pls. ALL CAR USERS IN NL BEWARE OF STOPING AT A BRIDGE LINK KARA, COW MARKET, IMMEDIATELY AFTER BEGER. ABOUT 4 GUYS USE TO PRETEND TO BE A TRAVELER, EVEN CARRY BAGS AND STOP CARS. THE MOMENT U STOP, THEY WILL ENTER D FRONT SEAT TARGETING UR KEY. THE MOMENT THEY REMOVE UR KEY, THEY WILL TAKE UR CAR TO ONE CORNER AND CLAIM TO BE COUNCIL. U WIL BE FORCED TO PAY N25K. ONE FAT GUY AMONG THEM IS CALLED OWO. SHINE UR EYE!
Re: Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! by iyeachile(f): 5:56am On Sep 13, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Lmao! How does this picture prove anything?!!

How do we know OP is telling the truth? All we have is a blurred pix of a man in a bright pink shirt (Let's just leave that one for another day) and some guys. This could very well be a picture of a seminar or something.

OP's post makes no sense. . .she doesn't tell us how the scam is but we are supposed to believe it just because. . .what, she had pictures?!!

Look I'm not holding court for anyone but considering how many people use NL as a medium to make a living. . .I think it is higly irresponsible to post this without verifying the details. OP could be a scorned ex or competition trying to ruin the guy's business and y'all have made it easy for her/him by making it front page.

Now I understand the whole generating traffic thingy (believe me I do) but that need shouldn't overshadow common sense naa. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2013 / Application Time For N-power Jobs & Training Programmes / N Power Text Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.