Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,005 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Planning A Wedding - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Planning A Wedding (10999 Views)

Souvenir Shared At A Wedding Ceremony(photos) / Planning A Cross Cultural Wedding Reception-ideas Needed / Ladies Only: Planning A Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Planning A Wedding by donem: 7:21pm On Sep 22, 2012
zinfly:

i am not really one to rain insults on people without just cause. Please in what way does my request or response suggest i am High.

pls d date of ur intending wedding is kinda discombobulating recheck ur date if in doubt.
Re: Planning A Wedding by Naijastomosis(m): 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2012
Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I have helped plan a wedding and I have had mine, too.
I will advise you as follows:

* There is no "small" or "big" wedding, so do not try to impress anybody.

* I advise that you rent your wedding gown. The clitch "you do it once in a lifetime" is not realistic.
I know many ladies who regreted spending hugely on gowns that are boxed up in the house.

* Weddings are all about food and drinks; serve just enough to provide the energy for the trip back home.
Jollof rice with or without moi-moi and a sprinkling of a few traditional delicacies is accceptable. People grumble when they are hungry yet can't something to eat and drink. At a wedding?

* Cakes are only symbolic; nobody feeds full on them, so go for the most basic cake.

* Keep the bridal train to a few friends and relations, unless they will foot the cost of their dress.

* Rent just enough space for the reception; you may not need a live band.

* If the distance is not far, you can have the wedding in Delta and round off in PH. Some people may not be able to attend because of the setup, but the occasion holds.

* Some disagreements between the man and woman are expected, but they always get resolved.

As I do not know the weight of your pocket, I have provided advise on areas I feel people mistakes.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Planning A Wedding by timbros(m): 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
zinfly:
Thanks for pointing out my mistake reasonably. Feb 2013 i meant. Time flies so quickly and i get nervous i wont be able to sort out all i need before then. i welcome suggestions. Thanks

You see the reason for my question? lol..... No insult intended sha

1 Like

Re: Planning A Wedding by timbros(m): 9:47pm On Sep 22, 2012
donem:

pls d date of ur intending wedding is kinda discombobulating recheck ur date if in doubt.

lol...u got me laughing so hard there... lol lol lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Planning A Wedding by Drdreluv: 10:25pm On Sep 22, 2012
Congrat oh
Re: Planning A Wedding by ACM10: 10:25pm On Sep 22, 2012
Naijastomosis: Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I have helped plan a wedding and I have had mine, too.
I will advise you as follows:

* There is no "small" or "big" wedding, so do not try to impress anybody.

* I advise that you rent your wedding gown. The clitch "you do it once in a lifetime" is not realistic.
I know many ladies who regreted spending hugely on gowns that are boxed up in the house.

* Weddings are all about food and drinks; serve just enough to provide the energy for the trip back home.
Jollof rice with or without moi-moi and a sprinkling of a few traditional delicacies is accceptable. People grumble when they are hungry yet can't something to eat and drink. At a wedding?

* Cakes are only symbolic; nobody feeds full on them, so go for the most basic cake.

* Keep the bridal train to a few friends and relations, unless they will foot the cost of their dress.

* Rent just enough space for the reception; you may not need a live band.

* If the distance is not far, you can have the wedding in Delta and round off in PH. Some people may not be able to attend because of the setup, but the occasion holds.

* Some disagreements between the man and woman are expected, but they always get resolved.

As I do not know the weight of your pocket, I have provided advise on areas I feel people mistakes.

Hope this helps.

The most sensible and practicable advice on this thread!
I'm saving it for future reference. Since my wedding will be coming up soon. cool
Re: Planning A Wedding by immjy: 11:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mine is coming up on the 12 and 13th of Oct,tradition and white respectively in Lagos, Venue: Evangelical Church of Winning All(ECWA)opposite Ojo Military cantonment, You are highly invited.
Re: Planning A Wedding by mekaboy(m): 11:42pm On Sep 22, 2012
[b] i still maintain that you do your reception at a resturant or fast food anyone who wants to eat or drink should buy, you can pay for your close friends .. grin grin

unless you will do it strictly by invitation.

the reason i said is is the kind of gifts people give in wedding these days will make you laugh. A friend wedded recently, and you will see some matured people will come to the cooling van, you give them normal wine(BRUT) etc and they will say you should give them Moet etc.

they will eat and do take away for family and relatives. what made me laugh the most was one one woman went to to my friend and give him an envelope, the envelope was light so he decided to see what was in it maybe its a check. Guess what he saw inside {{{{N30))). 30 naira . the guys shouted chaiiii on the high table, laugh won kill me .

then you will see someone carry a big package wrapped, and keep it on their table. you know that when those serving in the wedding see someone having such a big package in front of them or beside them, any drink they order they will give it to them hoping that they brought a big gift for the couple.

so they can order 3 bottles of expensive champagne, which they will take home.

only for this big package to be opened, guess what was inside. {{{30 liter gallon}}}. i dont know if the gallon was for them to fetch water or start selling fuel black market. grin grin grin grin grin grin

so i said during my wedding,the reception will be in a restaurant, those who i invited, i will pay for their food and drinks, if you carry that gallon package and come, when you sit down, they will give you the menu and tell you how much the food will cost. if you cant pay, you carry your gallon and go grin grin grin grin
[/b]
Re: Planning A Wedding by yemi2plus(m): 12:35am On Sep 23, 2012
mekaboy: DO YOUR TRAD EARLY IN THE MORNING, DO YOUR WEDDING IN THE AFTERNOON.

DO YOUR RECEPTION IN A RESTUARANT OR FAST FOOD JOINT. ANYBODY THAT WANTS TO EAT OR DRINK SHOULD PAY FOR THEIR FOOD AND DRINKS.

THIS IS HOW I INTEND TO DO MINE
u must b high on fake drugs
Re: Planning A Wedding by standfit5(m): 6:54am On Sep 23, 2012
Indeed, this is the most sensible, insightful, genuine and well-meaning. Thnks a bunch
Re: Planning A Wedding by sassygal(f): 7:56am On Sep 23, 2012
Hi zinfly,

There's actually no need to panic! You have got 4 months to plan. You can find all the vendors you need on nairaland, just make sure you have seen their past work.

Being a perfectionist isn't so much a bad thing, i am one too and have learnt to use that trait to my advantage!

zinfly: I am in the same predicament. i am planning my wedding for Feb 2013 and i need some help on how to go about it. i am absolutely lost. My wedding is in port harcourt and i am a bit of a perfectionist who likes great value for money. any help with vendors for make up, decoration, catering and photography will be much appreciated.
Re: Planning A Wedding by beqs101(f): 10:18am On Sep 23, 2012
Thanks y'all for your advice and suggestions,I really do appreciate and to @Seun for putting this on the front page for more and better advice.
Re: Planning A Wedding by gabreel: 11:44am On Sep 23, 2012
Hello folk, please for those who there nuptial event is coming very soon, I congratulate u.
This guy call Emeka, is just polluting d thread with is humorous advise. Vividly, there is sense in it. But nobody pray for eat and pay kind of wedding. God in His infinite mercy will grant us good speed in all our effort. IJN

1 Like

Re: Planning A Wedding by zinfly: 2:35pm On Sep 23, 2012
[quote author=sassygal]Hi zinfly,

There's actually no need to panic! You have got 4 months to plan. You can find all the vendors you need on nairaland, just make sure you have seen their past work.

Being a perfectionist isn't so much a bad thing, i am one too and have learnt to use that trait to my advantage

thanks dear,
hopefully i can have it all sorted out before Feb. My hubby to be an I don't live in Nigeria so its kinda hard to plan when you are not there and i just cant seem to trust anyone with the little details. Hence, i jumped at this chance so i can speak to vendors before i come back for Xmas. Most vendors seem to be based in Lagos and many that do respond do not have websites. i will be on the lookout and hope good vendors with webpages respond.
Re: Planning A Wedding by sassygal(f): 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2012
[quote author=zinfly][/quote]

Do send me a mail, classysassyng@gmail.com, with your expectations and i will send you a list of trusted vendors you can rely on.
Re: Planning A Wedding by zinfly: 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2012
sassygal:

Do send me a mail, classysassyng@yahoo.com, with your expectations and i will send you a list of trusted vendors you can rely on.

sent you a mail but it came back undelivered, please check your email address is correct
Re: Planning A Wedding by sassygal(f): 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2012
zinfly:

sent you a mail but it came back undelivered, please check your email address is correct

so sorry its classysassyng@gmail.com
Re: Planning A Wedding by zinfly: 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2012
sassygal:

so sorry its classysassyng@gmail.com

no problem. sent it.
Re: Planning A Wedding by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 23, 2012
timbros:

Are u high? shocked
I think ure d one who is high, and hence blurring ur vision cos she said Feb 2013 and nt 2012
Re: Planning A Wedding by louiseevents: 10:05pm On Sep 23, 2012
ifekon: Mine also coming up soon, need a wedding planner too, precisely 25th and 27th October 2012.
Hello dear, if you are located within lagos, ph or abuja you can send an email to ekiluwievents on info@ekiluwievents.com so we can discuss further or visit www.ekiluwievents.com for more info. We handle every single detail in wedding planning
Re: Planning A Wedding by louiseevents: 10:10pm On Sep 23, 2012
zinfly: I am in the same predicament. i am planning my wedding for Feb 2013 and i need some help on how to go about it. i am absolutely lost. My wedding is in port harcourt and i am a bit of a perfectionist who likes great value for money. any help with vendors for make up, decoration, catering and photography will be much appreciated.
Hello dear, we can get vendors for you and handle everything from invitation mailing to venue decoration, make up, catering service, photographers and even mag publication if you like. you can send an email to ekiluwievents on info@ekiluwievents.com so we can discuss further or visit www.ekiluwievents.com for more info. We handle every single detail in wedding planning
Re: Planning A Wedding by timbros(m): 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2012
CoxyB:
I think ure d one who is high, and hence blurring ur vision cos she said Feb 2013 and nt 2012

She has modified it. Check the post i quoted, its her original post...

Abi, are you high too? grin grin
Re: Planning A Wedding by cuteyangel(f): 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2012

A frend of mine gt married ova d wkend in ph.I was ha maid of honour.d outstanding tins she had was ha makeip artist...u wnt blive she didn't nid a touch up for d pix.u wnt notice ha sweats,cake was so nyc n fluffy.d decoration was d bomb.d lady gt abt 3 diff jobs @ d spot.if ur interested wil give u mai frends no to tlk
Re: Planning A Wedding by Abujafood: 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2012
Don't hesitate to publish your wedding photos online for family and friends to view;

http://www.abujafood.com/abuja-events/abuja-weddings/921-publish-your-wedding-photos-free-on-abujafoodcom.html
Re: Planning A Wedding by san001: 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2012
Please I need your advice on the lists of gifts one could offer for a bride during wedding. I am doing this d first time in my life..and the bride in question happens to be my younger sis. Can somebody help with lists of present one can offer plzzzzzzzzz.
Re: Planning A Wedding by adetwin(m): 3:06pm On Oct 09, 2012
My people ..... Its ready for u, as in that HALL in mushin for all kinds of parties ! Call 08133::::::::::::
Re: Planning A Wedding by plan4event(f): 2:15pm On Oct 10, 2012
ABYSALEVENTS is a young and dynamic events management company with the vision to be customer focused managers, employing innovations to give every event an all encompassing atmosphere full of fun and reality. We are poised to bring revolution to the events management industry in Nigeria, backed by a well thought out strategic process, we bring to every pitch the best of breed ideas to guarantee optimal success.

We Offer the following:

Hall Booking (fee invovled)
Hall Beautification/Decor
Wedding gowns
Bridal shoes/Accessories
Wedding Cakes
Personalised cake boxes
Personalised gifts
Photography
Catering (Food & Drinks)
Small chops and Cocktail

Call Toyin on +2348075174053 (She'll give you an excellent wedding, wether you are planning from the USA, London or right here in Nigeria)
Re: Planning A Wedding by plan4event(f): 2:50pm On Oct 10, 2012
Planning a wedding in Nigeria? Do You Live Outside of the Country? call Toyin on +23408075174053 or send a mail to abysalevents@yahoo.com
Our offer:
Hall bookings(you'll pay a fee)
Hall Decor
Wedding Cakes
Wedding Gowns
Catering ( Food & Drinks)
Cocktail & Small Chops
Personalised cake boxes
Personalised gifts etc.

I also plan:
Training workshops and programs.
Dinner programs.
Products/services launch.
Award nites
Conference, etc

Call Toyin on +2348075174053 (She'll give you an excellent wedding at reasonable cost, wether you are planning from the USA, London or right here in Nigeria)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fruit Tree! Fruit Tree!! Fruit Tree!!! / Describe Your Dream Wedding / Hairstyle For My Wedding Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.