Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... (1769 Views)

Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo / Power Minister To TCN: Perform Or Bow Out / Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by usmanyaro17: 12:10pm On Sep 13, 2012
Frantz Brentano, one of the finest Philosophers the discipline ever produced propounded the theory of Intentionality of Action. The theory states that all human actions are objected -directed, in other words, no action is meaningless or nonsensical. Elrufai, former FCT Minister proved Brentano right again when in a recent interview he was seen lobbying for the vacant position of power minister. It would be recalled that Elrufai is the most vocal critic of Gej's admin, leaving many to wonder the reason behind his criticism. But now the interview has revealed the intention behind his steady criticism. He wants power ministry. Below is an excerpt from the interview.

A:You know,the reason behind that was a combination of two accidents.In February 2007,power generation in Nigeria collapsed to 1600 megawatts.So President Obasanjo appointed me the chairman of a cabinet committee to improve power supply and by April we had moved power supply  to 3200 megawatts.I chaired that committee which included virtually all the stakeholders in the power sector and we recorded significant improvements in power supply.That was one accident.And  because that  was probably  the last cabinet committee I chaired in government,people thought that Obasanjo put me to do that to prepare me for something.The second thing that happened was that there was a book launch towards the dying days of the administration, a book written by a former BPE staff Ajayi Olowo on me.I was the subject of the book.And we went for the book launch .And during the book launch, Nuhu Ribadu made a speech and he said something like Nasir has done well here and there and now he has been brought in to improve the power sector and he has done it.Something like that .And the next day the headline was el Rufai was goingto be the Energy Minister.It was ridiculous.Nuhu didn’t say that. He didn’t even suggest that.But these speculations started.But I knew that I wasn’t going to be (there).But people had their own expectations but I knew the  reality.I knew what  my plans were and I was determined to go ahead with them.I told president Umaru YarAdua then, look if you need me to think about any issue or you need my advice on any matter,a phone call,an e-mail.Wherever  Iam anywhere in the world were only a few  hours away.I will buy a ticket and come back because honestly the affections I had ,the respect I had for Umaru YarAdua,if he asked me to do anything I would other than serve full term in government,I made it very clear,I wasn’t available full time.And if you remember,around September of the same year, he appointed me as a member of his Energy Council.But before I accepted it,I had to ask him,what does it entail and he said look, you and I agreed that anything part time you would help me out.And that is why I accepted…I had my very clear plans.I wasn’t prepared to do anything full time in government until I took care of my personal matters.

Jonathan is my friend,has been my friend from 2003.I am not denyingthat.Iam just saying that even though he was my friend,even though I was a regular visitor to Bayelsa state when he was  governor and he visited me several times here in Abuja while I was minister.He came with his executive council to attend an FCT Exco meeting one day,I still remember all that.

Hmmmm, is criticism a strategy to getting involved in politics?

http://newsdiaryonline.com/exclusive-interview-this-governments-full-time-job-is-stealing-everywhere-you-look-is-fraud-el-rufai/
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by bubadaniel13: 12:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
I knew it from the word go,that El rufai is jobless and desperately needs a job,now that he is coming public abt this,I think GEJ should come and help this man oh before he goes gaga,but I don't think he has anything to offer other than tweeting abuses and misinforming the public......Sani tweeter Mallam.
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by BeraBera(f): 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2012
The man is just looking for cheap popularity.
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by Stallion77(f): 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2012
dis male Linda Ikeji is back again? I thought many people would have seen that he had intentions of clinching something to hold side with all the noise he has been making! twas a decoy saying he was fighting for the masses....
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by touchmehard: 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
So Jonathan is now his friend? Wonders shall never end shocked The way he is blowing his trumpet about his achievements in that sector at a time like this is a clear indication that he is eyeing that post. This is a clear advertisement that he has some knowledge in that area. But wait a minute, just in case he's accidentally picked for the post, would we want him there
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by apala911: 1:13pm On Sep 13, 2012
Mallam el rufai is playing his cards wella..............diplomacy is the game and perhaps, he might be given consideration particularly now that he his jobless
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by Itohen: 1:21pm On Sep 13, 2012
El rufai has the prerogative to serve his fatherland in whatever capacity whenever he is called to do so, so please let him keep lobbying for d post jooooo.......hmmmm politicking biz
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by yanni1(m): 1:43pm On Sep 13, 2012
What wont someone see in NAija?

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by Joeadamu86: 1:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
Wonders shall never end.....I can't believe this no wonder he has been making too much noise.na wah oh..like the saying goes everyone has a price,Mallam just beg GEJ he is a good man he can find you somewhere to make ends meet... grin grin grin
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by MurphyT1: 1:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
sometimes i just wonder, y is he always tryin to heat up the polity, i just wonder...i read tru the interview, and he said GEJ is his friend just dat they r not in the same party,so wot ever he does or say is cos he(rufia) is in an opposition party... well now dat he has suddenly claim friendship with GEJ, mayb he may get an appointment to further enhance his land embezzlement...*hisss undecided
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by Deleahmed: 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2012
Hehheehe.... LWKMD. Mallam to be power minister. Naija don beta be that. U go just dey hear say them don uproot electric poles from some areas. Then mallan go come tell una say those fifu av been banned from using electricity. In fact so many things go change. Abegi- elrufai ko rufari ni. Make the man better go Sidon for kastina.
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by Elueme: 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2012
Smart guy at his game..I suspected el Rufai from the day he was accosted at the airport on his way to Saudi Arabia, his tone has soft pedaled.. It became more apparent when he commented on the resignation of Bart Nnaji..also, any keen follower will agree with me that elrufai has not been active on twitter in a while.. What informed the sudden cessation of vituparition ? Or Is GEJ now performing wonders in the eyes of elrufai ? Let's keep our hands crossed for the gods are wise..
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by Yaya6: 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2012
Mallam demolition again? Na naija we de na. Make we see wetin to come out of this. But if i were GEJ....Mba
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by KingSolomonI: 2:03pm On Sep 13, 2012
Do what you can, with what you have ,where you are.
- Theodore Roosevelt
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by Chubhie: 2:13pm On Sep 13, 2012
Politicians can never change...always using the sheeple masses as a means to further their ends...Tis nothing personal from El Rufai just business.
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by Idokojimmy: 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
Twitter Mallam doing his thing. If no one advertises your credentials, Organised a kangaroo interview and sell yourself. Elrufai must be commended for this ingenuity. But is he sellable? Obviously not. Thus, his gimmick is an activity in futility.
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by BeraBera(f): 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2012
Dele.ahmed:
Hehheehe.... LWKMD. Mallam to be power minister. Naija don beta be that. U go just dey hear say them don uproot electric poles from some areas. Then mallan go come tell una say[b] those fifu av been banned from using electricity[/b]. In fact so many things go change. Abegi- elrufai ko rufari ni. Make the man better go Sidon for kastina.
Hahahahaha He would soon sell of the electric poles or better still, re-allocate the poles to his family and friends like he did with the FCT lands
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by Novice1(m): 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2012
I will lose my hope in humanity if El Rufai accepts any position from this government.....
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by HammedSodiqq: 2:24pm On Sep 13, 2012
I just dey laugh. So Mallam wants to take advantage of the vacancy in power ministry to smuggle himself into the federal cabinet? Him for talk since rather than tweeting and posting rubbish.
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by bubadaniel13: 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
HammedSodiqq: I just dey laugh. So Mallam wants to take advantage of the vacancy in power ministry to smuggle himself into the federal cabinet? Him for talk since rather than tweeting and posting rubbish.
Na true oh, him for come out since to tell the world his intentions,account don't dey dry be that... tongue tongue
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by PrettyRita(f): 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
Although the interview is a little twisted. Identifying with GEJ, playing neutrality, criticizing Govt and so on. But the truth needs to be told, for him to have made reference to how poor power was, and the improvement it recorded when he was involved at a time when the sector is in dire need of a vibrant minister, means he has special interest. But will he get it? Only God knows
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by EteFlexible: 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
Idokojimmy: Twitter Mallam doing his thing. If no one advertises your credentials, Organised a kangaroo interview and sell yourself. Elrufai must be commended for this ingenuity. But is he sellable? Obviously not. Thus, his gimmick is an activity in futility.

BABA take am easy with my guy El, haba now his broke again!!! Meanwhile El with all the attacks and noise from you about these present government you still have the gods to hold your tail between your legs and beg for position. What we are going to hear next from you is GEJ now performing wonders and you Elrufai wants to be part of it. angry angry angry angry Stay away from these government you so much criticized and let competent people work for either mother land for you had yours chance and you render us homeless and you now want to come and put us in bottomless pit of darkness..... GO HOME WE DON'T NEED DARKNESS ANYMORE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by Olanlere11: 2:49pm On Sep 13, 2012
Shildren school fees dey to pay, remaining on twitter and face book no go commot shi shi. Na it Mallam decide come to huzzle so o! Na Labour market him dey. Him go soon humble
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by Camilia247: 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2012
Dis notorious mallam again, abeg abeg abeg
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by Mandelaguy(m): 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2012
Novice1: I will lose my hope in humanity if El Rufai accepts any position from this government.....
I have always laughed at he short Mallam, like I keep saying, we know his likes,Dino Melaye,Tunde Bakare. Wait and see,if he is given a juicy appointment,he will give you that crap about being patriotic and willing to serve for change. The man and his cohorts are very selfish individuals and I keep saying it that I have my facts.
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by Ejine(m): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2012
touch_me_hard: So Jonathan is now his friend? Wonders shall never end shocked The way he is blowing his trumpet about his achievements in that sector at a time like this is a clear indication that he is eyeing that post. This is a clear advertisement that he has some knowledge in that area. But wait a minute, just in case he's accidentally picked for the post, would we want him there

Ehen, but my broda, which kind username be dis?
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by Omojuo: 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2012
He claimed that he told Yar'adua that he was not going to play and active role in his admin cos he wanted to go back to school. Hmmmmm. Maybe now that he has completed his programme, he wants to be involved in a grand style. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Only GEJ knows what to do with him.
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by bubadaniel13: 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
Olanlere11: Shildren school fees dey to pay, remaining on twitter and face book no go commot shi shi. Na it Mallam decide come to huzzle so o! Na Labour market him dey. Him go soon humble
na people Wei dey work dey get money,Internet can only bring eye problem without adding any Economic value,can somebody pls help this Mallam?
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by lacasa: 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ђδω can ds be defined as Lobbying

Nawa 4 nigerians
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by SkyBlue1: 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2012
There are definitely worse things to stomach than El Rufai being power minister. After decades of playing this 'NEPA has taken light' game, strong hands and heady characters might just be what we need to drive home some reforms. Questionable in some of his dealings as FCT minister? Yes. But he is also credited with putting some sanity into that city. A controversial option? Yes. But in the possibility of the absence of any capable technocrat willing to step up to the table, then honestly, there are worse things to stomach than El Rufai being minister of power.
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by Joeadamu86: 3:42pm On Sep 13, 2012
lacasa: Ђδω can ds be defined as Lobbying

Nawa 4 nigerians
Shine your eyes my brother,his intentions are glaring...wayo Mallam God pass you...
Re: El Rufai Lobbies For Power Minister...... by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2012
Novice1: I will lose my hope in humanity if El Rufai accepts any position from this government.....
♍ε too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If APGA Loses, Blame Peter Obi / After Jonathan, It Is The Igbo's Turn To Rule Nigeria. / Verditc 2015: Does Tinubu Really Want Buhari As President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.