Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? (16275 Views)

How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. / Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Oscar4real(m): 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2012
we can"t love satan, coz dats not d type of enemy that jesus was talking about
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Oceemo(m): 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2012
Blasphemy am out of here..
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 21, 2012
Starboi10: Dnt eva insult God
come on sharrappppp!!!! Yahweh slave..
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by DollyParton1(f): 2:51pm On Sep 21, 2012
searchcorp: Firstly, I'm a christian!!!

You see, I read thru all the comments here and came to the conclusion that everybody here seems to think the Devil was once Lucifer.

Nows that's a lie!!!

Lucifer was just the king of Babylon. Nowhere in the bible relates him directly to satan.

Please look at Jesus and Satan this way. There are two kingdoms; Kingdom of Light and Kingdom of Darkness. Jesus is the King of the Light Kingdom, while the Devil is the King of the Darkness kingdom.
Light is life, darkness is death, as it is often used interchangeable in the bible.

What was the blessing and curse in the garden of eden (life and death).

What was the first thing ever created. Light and Darkness.

Mind you the bible says "and God saw that the light was good" inotherwords, darkness isn't good.

So we christians have been translated into the kingdom of Light from the kingdom of darkness.

We have NO business at all with the devil. Whether love or hate. We don't even see him at all, he can't accuse us or access us again.

The accusser of the brethen (the one who accused job) has been defeated by Jesus.

Its a pity most xtians have no clue what really took place on the cross.

NB: the word devil means accusser.

Really, so why did the bible tell us to resist him if we have no business with him again?

1 Like

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nanasczar(m): 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2012
@Poster,answer the question urself na.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by DollyParton1(f): 2:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
musKeeto:
come on sharrappppp!!!! Yahweh slave..

Saul-paul did worse than this....

1 Like

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by adira(f): 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2012
stepo707: Matt 5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you.

It happens that satan happens to be our enemy.So guys what do you think?

I wonder, ohhhhh
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by kaydibs(f): 2:57pm On Sep 21, 2012
k2039:

I didnt want to respond to your post initialy because of the perversity of your own heart? You seek to condemn God to justify yourself.

Job 32:8 “But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.”
You just dont take the bible out of context,you examine the context in which scriptures are written,not taking a verse out of isolation and connoting your own meaning to it

Matthew 5:44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you
Matthew 5:44 is an extention of sermon on the mount.
The Sermon on the Mount is, in short, a body of moral teaching characterized by an emphasis on sincere devotion to God, and a corresponding heartfelt benevolence toward others(human).
In the same verse, Jesus goes on to expand His list of hostiles: "Bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you."(it is obvious He was talking about human enemies).
You should read the whole sermon on the mount to understand the context of everything Jesus said not isolating one and connoting your bias meaning to it

In the context of Matthew 5, when Jesus said, "Love your enemies," He was discussing our relationship with our fellow man and not with Satan.

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your [b]adversary [/b]the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour
I checked the dictionary now and realise adversary means opponent,but some other translations wrote 'your enemy the devil'.

Satan cant return to his place,so in anger he wants to take as many of God's people with him to hell.
It is worthy to note that even the devil cannot "make" anyone do anything. He can coerce, entice, and mislead a person to rebel against God, but cannot force anyone to do so.
The devil hates God and he wants everybody to join him, He does not want anybody to follow God,yes in that context he is our enemy.

In all d tym I hav spent here, I haven't read a comment half as good as yours. Gud one!
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by EvilBrain1(m): 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2012
k2039:

I didnt want to respond to your post initialy because of the perversity of your own heart? You seek to condemn God to justify yourself.

I'd like you know how you came to the conclusion that I am "seeking to condemn god to justify myself". Was it something I said? Also, I didn't want to reply to your posts because your bumbum is smelling. How do you like that? (I too know how to throw childish insults.)

Job 32:8 “But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.”
You just dont take the bible out of context,you examine the context in which scriptures are written,not taking a verse out of isolation and connoting your own meaning to it

Matthew 5:44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you
Matthew 5:44 is an extention of sermon on the mount.
The Sermon on the Mount is, in short, a body of moral teaching characterized by an emphasis on sincere devotion to God, and a corresponding heartfelt benevolence toward others(human).
In the same verse, Jesus goes on to expand His list of hostiles: "Bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you."(it is obvious He was talking about human enemies).
You should read the whole sermon on the mount to understand the context of everything Jesus said not isolating one and connoting your bias meaning to it

In the context of Matthew 5, when Jesus said, "Love your enemies," He was discussing our relationship with our fellow man and not with Satan.

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your [b]adversary [/b]the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour
I checked the dictionary now and realise adversary means opponent,but some other translations wrote 'your enemy the devil'.

Satan cant return to his place,so in anger he wants to take as many of God's people with him to hell.
It is worthy to note that even the devil cannot "make" anyone do anything. He can coerce, entice, and mislead a person to rebel against God, but cannot force anyone to do so.
The devil hates God and he wants everybody to join him, He does not want anybody to follow God,yes in that context he is our enemy.

You keep saying "only humans" but you haven't quoted a single text that infers this in any way. Your "out of context" argument is nonsense. I happen to have read the whole sermon on the mount (and indeed the entire bible) several times and it doesn't say only humans, no part of the bible does.

You'll probably claim next that my knowledge of the bible is imperfect or that some special revelation that you happens to have is required to understand it fully.

But until you can back up your claims with scripture that says "humans only" you claim remains refuted.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by tutypad: 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
Evil Brain:

It says love your enemies and pray for them. There is no special provisions for non-human enemies. It doesn't qualify the term enemies and therefore there are no exemptions. The bible repeatedly refers to the devil as the adversary and also does not qualify the term in any way so I don't know where you are getting this idea of the devil not being a direct enemy.

Even in religion and superstition, you still need to apply logic when you are analyzing your holy books. You can't just make up an explanation out of thin air every time there is some contradiction in your beliefs. This kind of faulty logic is the reason why atheists look down on you people. You don't seem to know how to think.
the same scripture say "we battle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and power" so dear, who is 'flesh and blood?' man in physical being. who is 'principalities and powers?' devil and his demonic agents' so, do have more insight about the Holy Scriptures before you qoute.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Starboi10: 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
Hippocrites are just scared bunch of fellows. That's y dey re always lukin 4 justification. Hell is real.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by onyfrank: 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2012
Evil Brain:

It says love your enemies and pray for them. There is no special provisions for non-human enemies. It doesn't qualify the term enemies and therefore there are no exemptions. The bible repeatedly refers to the devil as the adversary and also does not qualify the term in any way so I don't know where you are getting this idea of the devil not being a direct enemy.

Even in religion and superstition, you still need to apply logic when you are analyzing your holy books. You can't just make up an explanation out of thin air every time there is some contradiction in your beliefs. This kind of faulty logic is the reason why atheists look down on you people. You don't seem to know how to think.
Thinking mind can't fathom God and his tinx. So anytn that doesn't appear to b logical in human sense can't make God's wisdom nt irrelavant. 'HIS WAYS AND HIS THOUGHTS ARE FAR 4RM UR OWN HUMAN THINKN.' weda atheist blivs it or nt, God exist.

1 Like

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by SisiKill1: 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2012
What's the point of hating your enemy anyway?

I mean for every one person who hates someone, there are a hundred who loves them. So while you are wasting your saliva on the "Fall down and Die" prayer, someone else. . .a lot of someone elses are praying "Lift up and Live" prayer for 'em.

One hundred vs One?? A losing battle, if you ask me. undecided

So you just keep doing good. . .so you have more hundreds praying for you against the 1 or 2 people who consider you an enemy!!

It's just common sense, don't need no Bible to tell me that. cheesy cheesy
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by masterpiecer(m): 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2012
satan is the [size=30pt]ARCH ENEMY[/size]
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by pneumaticos(m): 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
who be the mod of this section way they delete post anyhow .guy be careful
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Ayomivic(m): 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2012
donyj: Satan is not our enemy, he is our adversary and i think we ar to war against our adversaries..... thats my opinion.

can you please tell us how to war against our adversaries?
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by kayusbrown(m): 3:14pm On Sep 21, 2012
Logically it means you should ''love'' Satan. Now before you use this verse of the Bible as an excuse to do the Devil's bidding remember karma: for whatever a man soweth he reapeth! Christ told us to love our enemies cos we will be doing ourselves lots of good by doing so. Why? The law of karma is sacrosanct just like other eternal laws therefore you'll reap whatever evil you sow whether in thoughts or deeds even if it is against your enemies! The word love in this context simply means retaliating evil with good.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by pneumaticos(m): 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
to all dark spirits in the house .stop talking about what u dont understand...the kingdom is not meant to be understood by babes, mumus and unbelievers.it for the pneumaticos.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Godsbrown(m): 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2012
Evil Brain:

truly ur brain is evil and condemned ...God meant people, enemies we created our selfs, or humans who we happen not to be in good terms with...becos he created them, not satan, satan is Gods enemy condemned already,...u are talking about logic....its it logical to love satan......ur eternal problem and destruction?
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by gbadexy(m): 3:24pm On Sep 21, 2012
Jenwitemi: Well, if your god can't manage to love his own enemy(even he having an enemy is an embarrassment to his supposed lofty devine status), why should you? Are you better than your god? Of course you are not. wink
Whatever any book may say, satan may be man's enemy but he isn't God's enemy. Satan is simply God's creature.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by AyaSammy(f): 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
musKeeto:
What happened on the cross was a major 419, if u believe in the Bible...
If JESUS, the crook, knew he would be resurrected, then what exactly was he 'sacrificing'.. if u tell me say u fit resurrect me, omo, e get plenty things i go do o...

Either that or Jesus was a theif/criminal and got hung on a bloody cross like all the others...

Kai, which woman troway bikin like dis, i pray God himself will pay u a visit in your dam prison and reveal himself to you, then you will know beta.Jesus loves you still, u beta repent know dat u are still breathing.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by F00028: 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
k2039:

Sounds to me like you not a christian(the bolded is the premise for my assumption).
I will just assume I didnt see your post.
It will be a waste of my precious time explaining to you(but think about this,praying for someone(devil) who is doomed for hell already sounds logical to you)

hey! love Evil Brain. and if you love him/her take the time to show him/her the light.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by ujoatu(m): 3:35pm On Sep 21, 2012
SATAN is Gods enemy and THE ENEMY OF OUR FRIEND (GOD) IS OUR ENEMY grin. its a WAR we are fighting 4 God as his CHILDREN

1 Like

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by SoocoolTM(m): 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2012
This question na one in town! the devil has decided to go to hell already and he also wants to bring as much people as he can down with him. Loving him cannot change his fate!
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by nedu2000(m): 3:40pm On Sep 21, 2012
Evil Brain:

Do you love the Boko Haram people? How come you haven't shown it by doing their bidding and killing some infidels?

Your argument is invalid.
. I'm sure U̶̲̥̅̊ know I meant as a rhetorical question,what I mean is ,what does showing love 2 d devil imply?
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:54pm On Sep 21, 2012
k2039: God is talking about people

Satan is not a direct enemy, though. He is not for us to love or hate, but to avoid and ignore

However Satan is doomed for hell anyway,so it doesnt matter.

I disagree with you on this. It will amaze you to know there are people that do worst things than the devil, the devil kills one, they kill 10. Are you saying those people are already doomed for hell?
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by sellydion: 3:54pm On Sep 21, 2012
If you see and can hold Satan, give him a lovely kiss?
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Duxe(f): 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2012
:oI can't believe my eyes @ some of the comments here! The world is indeed coming 2 an end! shocked

1 Like

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by day4(m): 4:08pm On Sep 21, 2012
How can u show love 2 ur greatest enemy dat wants worship dat belong to Only true God 4 himself. Satan the d Devil has be condemed to everlating distruction. Revelation 20:10.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Dansadaumallam(m): 4:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
But come to think of it, God created Satan whom we accuse all the time as being behind our woes, God:we have not seen ,Satan:we have not seen ,still we believe that what we do not know(satan) we must at least hate so that we will inherit a heaven allegedly promised by what we have not seen(God)
Today we hate satan with a passion that we can even kill to prove our commitment to the (vain) passion. That is what you see when someone will be praying for his presumed enemies(whom he never knew) to die while some will riot and kill on the hear-say of a cartoon in a foreign land.
If there be God...I have made mine a peaceful, loving and kind God of order and right thinking. If there be Satan...I have made mine a kind lovely, peaceful and understanding Satan.
Till when we stop helpless superstitions ,we will remain backward.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? / N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Storms Abuja For Partners, Sons & Daughters Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.