Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,482 members, 7,781,439 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:25 PM

Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? (23709 Views)

Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate / "God Particle" Found Is Science Attempting To Mock God? / Why Is Science And Reasoning Such A Bad Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
sneak3: It sometimes amazes me of how foolish some fellow can be.. For crying out loud how will a sane person be comparing the accuracy and correctness of the Holy Bible to some crab called science..

My Advice

Guys if you don't have anything to say or do just go fishing and avoid incuring the wrath of God with ur comments

Slave
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Bella3(f): 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2012
engrtee:

is it an evil topic? Who shud b blame

d thread opener

or the mod dat brot it to front page

or the over 2hundrd persns dat comentd
erm... There was sarcasm in the post if u notice. Bt then again.. Make i no talk sha
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 10:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
TalkingBird:
Good to know you are still on line.
Did you read my posts on proof of creator-ship and the beginning of creation?
I always have an open mind, but, not the type that is dogmatic and fails to see reason.
There is no way you, or anyone can proof that the bible is contradictory. The problem most times is that verses are read in isolation and with bias.
So proceed with your doubts or questions and I will endavour to provide you with answers.

Did those with Saul/Paul at his conversion hear a voice? pls explain as this is a reason i logically feel the information need to be handled carefully.

ACT 9:7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

ACT 22:9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Dipwater(m): 1:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
ghazzal:

do you know that the Quran says there was smoke when the earth was created...... if its true, does it support science theory of BigBang

Really!!! For the first time in my life ,am having this feeling of likeness towards ur religion
I biliv in the big bang theory but not in the same way the atheist see it
My belief is God is the big bang that sparked or caused creation.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2012
Dipwater:

Really!!! For the first time in my life ,am having this feeling of likeness towards ur religion

The earth is only a tiny part of the universe or universes. The term God originated from the minds of humans. There are superior beings out there who have the superior advance technology to create our biological bodies. Those are the people we call God or Gods. Every creation is God because we all are capable of creating anything we can imagine. I see what you term as God to be infinity or All That IS.

A case where a human who is in the image and same thinking capacity of our creators decides to worship or feel inferior to other beings is pathetic. Every soul and human is sovereign

Science is a way humans learn to understand the universe and where we came from. We might not have all the answers now,but in years to come,we will.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2012
ifeness:

The earth is only a tiny part of the universe or universes. The term God originated from the minds of humans. There are superior beings out there who have the superior advance technology to create our biological bodies. Those are the people we call God or Gods. Every creation is God because we all are capable of creating anything we can imagine. I see what you term as God to be infinity or All That IS.

A case where a human who is in the image and same thinking capacity of our creators decides to worship or feel inferior to other beings is pathetic. Every soul and human is sovereign

Science is a way humans learn to understand the universe and where we came from. We might not have all the answers now,but in years to come,we will.
while we wait for such proof(though i believe it will never come), it is still an illusion. note that there can not be 2 captains on a ship. same, there is only 1 supreme being, most High God who organise, design,sustains and retain lordship of the worlds. none is comparable to him
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2012
Dipwater:

Yes. i did science, and when i read of creation of the earth in the Quran, i knew the Bigbang theory has high probability of being true. Infact, the Quran says the smoke was used to form the 7 heavens.........(and i think, if smoke is enclosed in something, it may actually be there for years like you light a match, put the fire off and return the match in the box with the smoke))

Quran says: in all that is created is a sign (that God exists).... even the mosquito is an example (it flies and breath,how) its a mercy from its lord-the cherisher and sustainer of life.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2012
ghazzal:
while we wait for such proof(though i believe it will never come), it is still an illusion. note that there can not be 2 captains on a ship. same, there is only 1 supreme being, most High God who organise, design,sustains and retain lordship of the worlds. none is comparable to him

Do you have a proof that this most high God exist? A proof not based on the bible please!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by damilarelr(m): 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2012
ifeness:

Do you have a proof that this most high God exist? A proof not based on the bible please!

1. The difference between artificial and natural things show there's a Maker higher than men.

2. The 7 wonders of the world still remain mysteries to mankind. Especially the Bermuda triangle and Red Sea.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by fitnesslover1(m): 12:48am On Sep 22, 2012
is blue more accurate than red?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by tobechi20(m): 7:57am On Sep 22, 2012
damilarelr:

1. The difference between artificial and natural things show there's a Maker higher than men.

2. The 7 wonders of the world still remain mysteries to mankind. Especially the Bermuda triangle and Red Sea.

plz read saint thomas aquinas logical proof on God existence
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2012
ifeness:

would you believe me if a said a neighbor died overnight, and in the autopsy, nothin was found? this is common of course. now my question is why did the man die?, what killed him. why does he have to die?

i still have not got an answer to how sperm can become clot of blood, then human.

there are so many miracles happening around without explanation. who makes it happen since science does not believe in miracle. the answer is God. he only says Be-and it will become
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2012
What force is keeping the heavens from collapsing on the earth?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Areaboy2(m): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2012
ghazzal: What force is keeping the heavens from collapsing on the earth?

Gravity

LOL! silly question
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Areaboy2(m): 12:38pm On Sep 22, 2012
ghazzal:

Yes. i did science, and when i read of creation of the earth in the Quran, i knew the Bigbang theory has high probability of being true. Infact, the Quran says the smoke was used to form the 7 heavens.........(and i think, if smoke is enclosed in something, it may actually be there for years like you light a match, put the fire off and return the match in the box with the smoke))

Quran says: in all that is created is a sign (that God exists).... even the mosquito is an example (it flies and breath,how) its a mercy from its lord-the cherisher and sustainer of life.

two things:

1) Can you please read your Quran and predict the next break through in science?
2) your second part is the watch makers idea (Since there is seemingly design then there must be a creator), Very wrong view when you consider that the complexity of our universe is only a function of our limited understanding. Einstein's theory of general relativity proves this easily.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by homaticaya(m): 4:35pm On Sep 22, 2012
oh yeah! the answer is yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by ghazzal: 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
Area_boy:

two things:

1) Can you please read your Quran and predict the next break through in science?
2) your second part is the watch makers idea (Since there is seemingly design then there must be a creator), Very wrong view when you consider that the complexity of our universe is only a function of our limited understanding. Einstein's theory of general relativity proves this easily.

only God knows what that will be as mans knowledge is limited. Someone somewhere knows it all. That is God(all knowing) so for the next breakthrough in science, i dont know but when it is discovered, we will know if Quran refers to it long ago or not. When the Quran says:.... "by the universe as it expands..." who knew that the universe was expanding then until recently. These are signs for men if they but know.
for your second point, you mean there can be a design without a creator, how do you know that? whats your prove. From all that man knows, if there is a design, there must be a creator so for you to say that there can be a design without a creator, you must have seen something you belief in or you just choose now to believe what everyone believes - wierd, To believe something without reason, that is not even close to science if you know what science is all about. Or you give a reason why you dont believe there is a creator to the Design-"universe"
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by tobechi20(m): 7:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
Coughs
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by RatedStar: 8:42pm On May 10, 2017
wow

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not / I Had This Very Fearful Dream! / Winners Chapel Pastor & Wife Welcome Twins After 15 Years Of Childlessness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.