Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? (23751 Views)

Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate / "God Particle" Found Is Science Attempting To Mock God? / Why Is Science And Reasoning Such A Bad Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by odehaj: 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2012
The fool had said in his heart that There's no God.Pslm14:1&53:1 Don't let any atheist confuse&pollute your heart God is Real, heaven is real, hell is also real.

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by yohannazack(m): 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
Not at all!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by rhymz(m): 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2012
THE CONTRADICTORY CREATION ACCOUNTS
Genesis 1:25-27
ANIMALS WERE CREATED BEFORE HUMANS
And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image.... So God created man in his own image.
HUMANS WERE CREATED BEFORE ANIMALS
Genesis 2:18-19
And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
MAN AND WOMEN WERE SIMULTENEOUSLY CREATED
Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
MAN WAS CREATED FIRST, THEN ANIMALS AND FINALLY WOMAN FROM MAN'S RIBS
Genesis 2:18-22
And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them.... And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
The bible is a 4cking joke when put under serious scrutiny of logic no wonder it requires its users to leave their brains in the hands of those phoney Pastors Reverends, Bishops, Prophets and co lest you your eyes will be open to jokes of contridictions rife in the bible. The bible is the greatest lie ever sold.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by rhymz(m): 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2012
The Gospel of Matthew (180 CE)
Although it was claimed by later Christian writers to be a “translation” of a manuscript written in Hebrew by the apostle Matthew, the Gospel of Matthew
did not exist prior to the end of the second century and was originally written in Greek. As Waite says:
The Greek Gospel of Matthew was a subsequent production, and either originally appeared in the Greek language, or was a translation of the Gospel of the Hebrews, with extensive changes and additions. There is reason to believe it to have been an original compilation, based upon the Oracles of Christ, but containing, in whole, or in part, a number of other manuscripts.

The gospel of Matthew is particularly noteworthy in that it contains the
interpolation at 16:17-19 not found in either Mark or Luke that gives authority to the Roman Church: To wit, the statement by Jesus that Peter is the rock upon which the
church is to be built and the keeper of the keys to the kingdom of heaven. The
appearance of this gospel determining Roman dominance corresponds to the
violent schism of 180-190 between the branches of the Church over the celebration of Easter.

It is clear that the canonical gospels are of a late date, forged long after the
alleged time of their purported authors. Such they are, and, as Doane says, “In these four spurious Gospels . . . we have the only history of Jesus of Nazareth.”
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by rhymz(m): 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2012
The Bible has inconsistent accounts of who created the heavens and the earth. The Old Testament of the Bible is clear that God created everything alone. The New Testament, however, inserts Jesus into the stories and says that God and Jesus created everything together. So which part of the Bible is correct about who was involved with creation: the Old or the New Testament?
THE OLD TESTAMENT
Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Isaiah 44:24
Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself.
THE NEW TESTAMENT
John 1:6-10
There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
1 Corinthians 8:6
Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom all things are and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and through whom we exist.
This Bible inconsistency is arguably created by differences of theology: the Jews were strict monotheists while Christianity which is Pauline Theology introduced the new idea of a "Trinity," three persons that are also one person. .lol. .i.e
1+1+1=1according to today's Christian theology.
Some Christians try to resolve the inconsistency by saying that references to a single person are consistent with the trinity and so do not contradict later references to two or three persons. The fact remains, though, that the Old Testament never mentions Jesus' involvement in creation and that's rather an important detail to leave out, isn't it?
That's why these Bible verses are inconsistent. Some say that God acted alone when creating the heavens and earth while others say God acted with Jesus to create the heavens and earth. They can't all be right, but they can all be wrong. Is this a legitimate Bible inconsistency or contradiction, or can the various accounts of who created the heavens and the earth be harmonized?
If you think you can resolve this Bible inconsistency, explain how — but your solution cannot add anything new that's not already in the stories and cannot leave out any details that the Bible provides.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by TerryCarr(m): 8:54pm On Sep 17, 2012
yes
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Sagewood: 8:56pm On Sep 17, 2012
Interesting thread. I am waiting for science / evolution to explain the divergence in the human race. How do u explain chinese, white, black, hispanic, Arabs, Indian, etc? Did white evolve from black or chinese?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by TerryCarr(m): 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2012
Sagewood: Interesting thread. I am waiting for science / evolution to explain the divergence in the human race. How do u explain chinese, white, black, hispanic, Arabs, Indian, etc? Did white evolve from black or chinese?
environment angry
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by JaaizTech: 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2012
Bandy10: The gap theory is an after thought by the xtian.How come bible talks of the Sabbath day to be kept holy.The xtian god said he worked for 6 days and the 7th should be kept holy.Gap period is just a way of shielding their ignorance

Some of the recent scientific discoveries can already be found in scriptures that existed centuries before now. I can only speak for the quran, but i am sure you can find some things in the Bible too.

The Quran speaks of the formation of the foetus in such precise terms ever before science discovered it. Also the importance of mountains, which is a relatively new scientific discovery:
[/b]Allah Says: [b]"Have We not made the earth as a bed, and the mountains as pegs? (Quran, 78:6-7)"

Modern earth sciences have proven that mountains have deep roots under the surface of the ground and that these roots can reach several times their elevations above the surface of the ground. So the most suitable word to describe mountains on the basis of this information is the word ‘peg,’

And He has set firm mountains in the earth so that it would not shake with you...(Quran, 16:15)

Likewise, the modern theory of plate tectonics holds that mountains work as stabilizers for the earth. This knowledge about the role of mountains as stabilizers for the earth has just begun to be understood in the framework of plate tectonics since the late 1960’s.

The science of modern cosmology, observational and theoretical, clearly indicates that, at one point in time, the whole universe was nothing but a cloud of ‘smoke’ (i.e. an opaque highly dense and hot gaseous composition).

Then He rose over towards the heaven when it was smoke, and said to it and the earth: Come both of you willingly or unwillingly... (Quran, 41:11)

Modern Science has discovered that in the places where two different seas meet, there is a barrier between them. This barrier divides the two seas so that each sea has its own temperature, salinity, and density.

Allah says in the Noble Quran: "He has set free the two seas meeting together. There is a barrier between them. They do not transgress." (Quran, 55:19-20)

God has said in the Quran:

... Or (the unbelievers’ state) is like the darkness in a deep sea. It is covered by waves, above which are waves, above which are clouds. Darknesses, one above another. If a man stretches out his hand, he cannot see it.... (Quran, 24:40)

This verse mentions the darkness found in deep seas and oceans, where if a man stretches out his hand, he cannot see it. The darkness in deep seas and oceans is found around a depth of 200 meters and below. At this depth, there is almost no light. Below a depth of 1000 meters there is no light at all.1 Human beings are not able to dive more than forty meters without the aid of submarines or special equipment. Human beings cannot survive unaided in the deep dark part of the oceans, such as at a depth of 200 meters.

Lastly, The Quran also gave hints about the revolution of the earth.
"When you look at the mountains, you think that they are standing still. But they are moving like clouds. Such is the artistry of God, who disposes of all things in perfect order. He is indeed fully aware of what you do." Quran (27:88)

You can find many more of relatively recent scientific discoveries that had been mentioned in the Quran; by "googling up these keywords" Quran+Science+Miracles
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 17, 2012
My wife leg got swollen for seven good month. in and out of hospital no solution i could'nt stand her night cries she had to stop taking her drugs, we turn to God in prayers and she's wel now i mean completly free. I also had cough that refuse to go for two month upon al the drug i had to cry to God in prayer i 'm completly freed. My testimony has answer your question.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by linearity: 9:25pm On Sep 17, 2012
Bandy10: The bible is the most unreliable,inconsistent book man has ever invented.Can the bible apologist reconcile the story of creation in Genesis 1 and 2 why the differnce in the sequence of creation. The bible tells us that stars are specks in heaven~wrong.The bible says that world is flat~wrong.The bible says that the xtian god created light before the sun~wrong.The bible says that Adam and Eve had two male children how did procreation happen then?The bible says that he created man by moulding clay and gave it breath~wrong.The bible created plant before sunlight~wrong.Can the bible apologolist reconcile the birth of Christ as written in the book of Luke and Mathew.Lastly without science and scientist the world will in darkness where superstitious and dogmatism will reign

1. The sequence of creation is in Gen 1....Gen 2. was a summation and it concentrate on the details on earth, the garden, fruits, beasts, beatification of the garden and the details of how man was created.

2. Looking at the stars in heaven from earth, they look like specks...and given the omnipotent nature of God, the gigantic stars are specks...the same way you can consider a grain of sand as minute...but to the ant...those sand grain are gigantic...perspective my man.

3. Isa. 40:22. "..He that sitteth upon the circle of the earth...."

4. Your myopic view is blindsiding you here...The milky way alone have more than 600 Suns and some scientists put it as much as 200 or 400 million suns, it depend on your definition of sun. Gen 1:3...God said..let there be light...(singular).....and in Gen 1:14..God said...let there be lights (plural).

5. Gen 5:3-5..."Adam lived 130 years and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image and called his name Seth. And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were 800 years and he begat sons and daughters....

6. Light was created in Gen 1:3 and plants, grass were created in Gen 1:11...very much in order...yes 'lights' were created in Gen 1:13...see answer 4 above. Plants does not need sun to function, they just need light...case in point..greenhouses.

7. Both Luke's and Matthew's accounts are correct...Luke gave something like a day to day dairy of events that took place during Jesus' birth...but Matthew looked at it like a year to year event....ie Luke's was the actual close sequence of events...After mentioning the birth....Matthew mentioned them going to Egypt to escape Herod's plot(which did not happen after Jesus was more than one year old)...this did not happened right away...When you combined both Luke and Matthew, this is the actual sequence of events:

a. Mary & Joseph went to Bethlehem for the yearly census, which was their tradition every year (Luk 2:4-5).
b. Because there was no room in the Inn, Jesus was given birth to and lay in the manger in Bethlehem (Luke 2:6 & Matt 2:11).
c. The shepherds were told of the birth by Angels & they came & saw Jesus(Luke 2:16)
d. On the eight day, he was circumcised (Luk 2:21).
e. After 40 days as required by law (Lev 12:1-8, Luk 2:22), they left for Jerusalem to make an offering to God.
f. After that, they return to Nazareth (Luke 2:39) in Galilee.
g. After about a year, Mary & Joseph went back to Bethlehem to complete the Census (Matt 2:1).
h. It took the wise-men (Matt 2:1) over a year from the time Jesus was born to the time they arrived, but the casual reader would not notice this in Matthew.
i. Herod inquired of wise-men privately, what time the star appear to them (Matt 2:7)
j. Mary & Joseph took Jesus and escape to Egypt (Matt 2:13-14)
k. When the wise-men did not come back, Herod order all children 2yrs and below killed, according to the time he inquired from the wise-men (Matt 2:16)
l. After Herod's death, Mary & Joseph, took the child and wanted to return back to Bethlehem, but were warned against that by an Angel and they return instead to Nazareth in Galilee (Matt 2:19-23).

3 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by KINGwax(m): 9:36pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: Oga mi no vex o but i am not a catholic o..poince of colection
i shld biliv you're a muslim by the cliche 'Almighty'. Now, u said the bible depicts God as fearing human by scattering them all over while buildin the tower, well answer this, ' is your Almighty that docile that u have to draw swords and throw bombs on his behalf'?
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by agiboma(f): 9:36pm On Sep 17, 2012
Science all the way!!!
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by jude33084(m): 9:42pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: Shut up sir...over 16% of the world are irreligous..stop posting st.upid info

Are U̶̲̅ normal?

Where ♏en speaks, kids listen angry
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by prettyboi1(m): 9:44pm On Sep 17, 2012
The Bible's far more accurate than science anyday anytime. People just need more knowledge & understanding to kind of decipher the Bible.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 17, 2012
@inurmind.

I have seen a star fall with my naked eyez. I am not refering to comets. I have seen a star. Very small, fall from the sky on our hostel building in my secondary school. It was really a surprise.

I guess there are different sizes, small or big stars. Or the star that fell may be another entity. But it glowed just like d stars above.

So if the Bible records stars falling in revelation, dont conclude or assume it to be the big stars. And while you judge, remember anything is possible with God. I beleive the Bible is the most accurate. Have an encounter with Jesus and your unbeleive will dissappear. I have seen Jesus.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Godsave9ja: 9:50pm On Sep 17, 2012
there are things you can not know in this life. It is an axiom that the truth is within you, but u choose to look outside, don't worry, the world will be revealed to you the day you die. it is not compulsory to believe in the Holy Bible
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2012
I think you misunderstand the Bible.check the link below.
manmustwac: So how old is this planet according to the bible then 6 to 10'000 years? undecided While science give a more accurate description like 4 billion years

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by linearity: 9:56pm On Sep 17, 2012
rhymz: THE CONTRADICTORY CREATION ACCOUNTS
Genesis 1:25-27
ANIMALS WERE CREATED BEFORE HUMANS
And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image.... So God created man in his own image.
And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
MAN AND WOMEN WERE SIMULTENEOUSLY CREATED
Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
MAN WAS CREATED FIRST, THEN ANIMALS AND FINALLY WOMAN FROM MAN'S RIBS
Genesis 2:18-22
And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them.... And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
The bible is a 4cking joke when put under serious scrutiny of logic no wonder it requires its users to leave their brains in the hands of those phoney Pastors Reverends, Bishops, Prophets and co lest you your eyes will be open to jokes of contridictions rife in the bible. The bible is the greatest lie ever sold.

You are confusing the actual creation action with narration of the creation....You are combining both the actual creation together with narration of the creation as if they are all referring to the creation action itself occurring..if you apply some reading comprehension, you will be able to separate where Moses were outlining the sequence of the creation from the narration.

A good example:

"..So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

Did not say that man & woman were created simultaneously, the emphasis in the above narration is that man & woman were created of God's image....compare the above to:

"...I eat and wined with friends at a nice restaurant today; we eat rice, beans, chicken, salad and we drank bear, juices, coke, malt, etc"

question:
1. What did they do first when they got to the restaurant?...ans: not enough info to answer it.
2. True or False, they eat before wining?....the passage did not tell us what they did fist.
3. Did they drink bear or coke or juice first or did they eat and drank simultaneously? not enough info to ans that.

So what is the passage saying...it is simply narrating what happened and not the sequence of its occurrence.

Your other pitfall:
And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God[b] formed[/b] every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

formed is past tense...there is no inference in the above passage that, the actual creation of animals took place right there and then and immediately after, they were brought to man for naming....

While narrating a story to a friend, I can easily say:

I bought the memory chip that I placed in my laptop from the computer shop on marina....There is nothing in that statement to indicate that I bought the memory chip before I bought or acquire the laptop. I could have bought the memory chip two years ago and the laptop last week...but the above statement is still correct and valid because, I am just narrating what happens and not actually the sequence of the events.

3 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by godman01(m): 10:00pm On Sep 17, 2012
There is no amount of your contradictions that would make the Word of God ineffective. Whether you believe its words or yes, they remain facts that cannot be in any way altered. Its always amazing how you only find problem with Jesus-the Word we are talking about here. When there is no original, then there can't be the fake. All this truly proves that the Word is Truth.
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by odehaj: 10:08pm On Sep 17, 2012
agiboma: Science all the way!!!
Oh Lord of heaven&earth "why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing..."?Come&wind up this earth. They have measured the Holy Bible in past with qu'ran, book of momoh,etc..very soon they compare it with science txtbooks&newspaper,Pigs!when great scientists like Isaac Newton said "I read the Bible daily".

2 Likes

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by jude33084(m): 10:08pm On Sep 17, 2012
newken: @inurmind.

I have seen a star fall with my naked eyez. I am not refering to comets. I have seen a star. Very small, fall from the sky on our hostel building in my secondary school. It was really a surprise.

I guess there are different sizes, small or big stars. Or the star that fell may be another entity. But it glowed just like d stars above.

So if the Bible records stars falling in revelation, dont conclude or assume it to be the big stars. And while you judge, remember anything is possible with God. I beleive the Bible is the most accurate. Have an encounter with Jesus and your unbeleive will dissappear. I have seen Jesus.

Brother Ɣ☺Ʊ are Őᵑ ♈☺uЯ own o! undecided
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Rick9(m): 10:28pm On Sep 17, 2012
[size=15pt]NEVER[/size].
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by bigmaut: 10:31pm On Sep 17, 2012
tobechi20: Do u think that science is more accurate than bible?
The question shld be Do u think that science is more accurate than Quoran?yu nyash-hole islamic apologist
Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
The fraud called Evolution

1. It's not science. You cannot observe, test and repeat the ever-changing ideas that are little more than wild speculation.
2. It devalues real science. Chemistry, physics and biology don't have the same problems of legitimacy because they are real sciences, not philosophical wannabes trying to appear legit.
3. Complex engineering. Do you ever drive past a skyscraper and think to yourself 'Gee, I guess billions of years of random chance could have just as easily assembled all of that glass, steel and concrete as well as a team of engineers, architects, construction workers working from blueprints? Of course not! But that's what evolutionists would have you believe in when it comes to living organisms.
4. Genetics. The programming code of life, according to evolutionists, is just a series of biochemical accidents and mutations. If you believe this, I have a bridge in New York that's for sale. The infinitely complex engineering of this code means that it did not come about via 'natural selection,' aka random chance.
5. Mathematically Impossible. Basic probability tells you that the odds of a blob of primordial ooze morphing into a man, regardless of how much time has passed, are so remote that mathematicians regard it as impossible. Emile Borel and Fred Hoyle are just two mathematicians who reject evolution on statistical grounds.
6. Evolution is a religion. Yes, evolution is the faith of atheism because it replaces God with man. When you've conned yourself into believing that some kind of ancient slime morphed into progressively complex and directional life forms, you are in the realm of faith, not science.7. Racism. This is the ugly secret that evolutionists don't want to discuss; that Darwin, Huxley and many of the early advocates of evolution stated publicly that Asians, Africans, Australian Aborigines and other non-white, non-European groups were evolutionary throwbacks. Darwin's cousin, Francis Galton, was a pioneer in the early field of eugenics which was the study of skills by ethnic groups. While Galton's work was relatively harmless, Hitler's work -- to synthesize natural selection by exterminating a race of people -- was not.

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by kpolli(m): 10:41pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: Wtf are you talking about?

If science was ryt, all apes wud have evolved to man and the evolution cycle won't have stopped with man. . . .

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by damilarelr(m): 10:42pm On Sep 17, 2012
Delafruita:
i find it strange you didnt quote that evidence seeing as you readily quote the bible at the snap of a finger

Science actually teaches there are 365 and one quarter days in a year. That's why every three years (of 365 days), the fourth year will carry one additional day in February.

The extra 1/4 day (6 hours) on all the years was the duration which sun stayed still in the days of Joshua.

Next..

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by odehaj: 10:43pm On Sep 17, 2012
TerryCarr: environment angry
silly,the blacks born in those places hav not become white.

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by linearity: 10:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
rhymz: The Bible has inconsistent accounts of who created the heavens and the earth. The Old Testament of the Bible is clear that God created everything alone. The New Testament, however, inserts Jesus into the stories and says that God and Jesus created everything together. So which part of the Bible is correct about who was involved with creation: the Old or the New Testament?
THE OLD TESTAMENT
Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Isaiah 44:24
Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself.
THE NEW TESTAMENT
John 1:6-10
There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
1 Corinthians 8:6
Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom all things are and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and through whom we exist.
This Bible inconsistency is arguably created by differences of theology: the Jews were strict monotheists while Christianity which is Pauline Theology introduced the new idea of a "Trinity," three persons that are also one person. .lol. .i.e
1+1+1=1according to today's Christian theology.
Some Christians try to resolve the inconsistency by saying that references to a single person are consistent with the trinity and so do not contradict later references to two or three persons. The fact remains, though, that the Old Testament never mentions Jesus' involvement in creation and that's rather an important detail to leave out, isn't it?
That's why these Bible verses are inconsistent. Some say that God acted alone when creating the heavens and earth while others say God acted with Jesus to create the heavens and earth. They can't all be right, but they can all be wrong. Is this a legitimate Bible inconsistency or contradiction, or can the various accounts of who created the heavens and the earth be harmonized?
If you think you can resolve this Bible inconsistency, explain how — but your solution cannot add anything new that's not already in the stories and cannot leave out any details that the Bible provides.

The old and the new testament is filled with references to the trinity.......God is God, Jesus is God and the Holy Spirit is God....all three combined are referred to as God.

Contrary to your statement, we also see the reference to more than a singular God during the creation in Genesis....

Gen 1:26..." And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

The words marked in bold above indicate that, there was not a singular God during the creation.

1 Like

Re: Is Science More Accurate Than The Bible? by damilarelr(m): 10:50pm On Sep 17, 2012
Bible is a book that contains the truth, while Science is all about facts. Now, facts change but the truth remains. Science will forever continue to give proofs and facts about the truth in the Bible.

Bible: the oldest book with the latest news.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

I Had A Blood Convenant With My Girlfriend / I Had This Very Fearful Dream! / Winners Chapel Pastor & Wife Welcome Twins After 15 Years Of Childlessness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.