Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,155 members, 7,807,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? (21985 Views)

Share Your This Month PHCN Bill Here / Iara Oshiomhole In Imo State For August Meeting (photo) / Man's Hand Chopped Off Over #100 PHCN Bill - See Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Shakara123(m): 10:24am On Sep 14, 2012
It is simply because there is improved power. I paid 3k in July. Its now 5k. I don't use prepaid. I calculate my consumption before the bill arrives and its dead on point. Mind how you use power now. Make sure your meter is read too. Naija too complain.

Well said. Power supply has improved, and we all have to wake up to the reality that good things cost money. For institutions to work, we all have to pay some prices. Here comes the issue of the cost of quality...
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by JaaizTech: 10:26am On Sep 14, 2012
onthefence: It is simply because there is improved power. I paid 3k in July. Its now 5k. I don't use prepaid. I calculate my consumption before the bill arrives and its dead on point. Mind how you use power now. Make sure your meter is read too. Naija too complain.
Well, kind of feel you are right. Because I was shocked when I got my bill and it read 8k+; averagely I pay 3k+. But when I calculated it, it was very accurate. But my next month bill is still within the normal range after I calculated it. However, PHCN should make effort in distributing pre-paid meters, this way someone doesn't suddenly wake up to see heavy bills. Like me now; I am very broke this month.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by spacechuks(m): 10:27am On Sep 14, 2012
Must we lobby for what is truly ours.i beleive most of us are writing from lagos.when i was in lagos,i experienced that in my house:crazy nepa bills.i wonder were we are goin to in this country,sometimes even when one has paid his/her bills and nepa theives comes checking,they dont take out time to check the receipts posted on the meter,couple of times i was at work,they dropped my wire line down all because the know they will come for reconnection fee.
As far as i am concern,nepa are the most corrupt entities in this country.they bring ridiculous bills without light.i just move to rivers state and the place i am for the past one month,i m yet to experience power outage.
the mgt. of nepa should be overhauled and the bunch of criminals should be thrown out of the system

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by jude33084(m): 10:27am On Sep 14, 2012
vascey: I stay in a 3 bedroom apartment and mine just increased from 16,000 to 25,000. We had earlier complained about the 16,000 to the marketer only for the bill to be increased again to 25,000. Mind you, the flat is strictly residential with occupants who spend the day at the office. I am already sending my complaint.

U r educated because as long as u can browse and read u r. Your bill is N25000/month and prepaid single phase is sold for N25000, Nna na wah o!

make your choice naa bro grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 14, 2012
tellwisdom: Leave that hell hole, called nigeria and live a fulfilled life outside it...u need no rocket scientist to ABRAKADABRA for conviction sad sad

Gbam!
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by calculusx(m): 10:29am On Sep 14, 2012
Finland: I pity you guys. Here in Finland even though we have constant power supply and a lot of gadget to go with it. The average bill is about 70 euros(14,000 naira) for 3 months.What is Nigeria turning into? do you guys have constant power supply now?

Yes we do. At least minimum of 22hrs un-interrupted power supply daily. It calls for celebration grin
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 14, 2012
I PAID 27K PER MONTH FOR 4 MONTHS AT MY SHOP C3 ON DIRECT PAYMENT, BEFORE I NOW GAVE THEM EGUNJE OF 50K TO GET MY PREPAID METER OUT WITHIN 1 WEEK AND NOW I PAY ROUGHLY 7K. THEY ARE JUST CRIMINALS AND DESERVE TO BE LINED UP AND SHOT EXECUTION STYLE.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by aorta(m): 10:34am On Sep 14, 2012
U̶̲̥̅̊'re all complaining about ur recent bill which is august.phcn send us september bill I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ first week of september.....how did they bill us?

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by vascey(m): 10:34am On Sep 14, 2012
jude33084:

No need to ask if u r educated because as long as u can browse and read u r intellegent. Your bill is N25000 and prepaid single phase is N25000, Nna na wah o!

make your choice bro grin

Forget the education bit. Enlighten me please. Is there any reason why you think it is right for me to pay N25,000 on estimated consumption of 1,750 units which I did not consume.
You mention that prepaid single phase is N25,000. don't know about that because I still use the old meter. But please, tell me, maybe you can help me make more sense out of it. Awaiting your response.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by demmykay: 10:37am On Sep 14, 2012
We just moved into d house dis jan nd we were being charged 2500. Later increased to 3900 then recently to 7500. So we decided to repay d prepaid meter we met der at d cost of 10k. Only for me to go to phcn office to buy units nd I ws told I had to pay 15,500 minimum purchase which is d maintanance fee dat has acsumulated over time while d meter has nt been in use, dat if I did nt pay day amt I cannot be allowed to buy credit. after much questions, I ws told dat der Is another outstanding of 20600 which is d connectn fee of d meter dat has nt been paid for. I left d office frustrated nd regretin why I repaid d meter. Phcn re broad day robbers
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by jaysm(f): 10:37am On Sep 14, 2012
Chai! Warri own is something else oooo, as at 13 of september phcn has already brought september bill. How do they know how much we consumed already? Pls, help what do I do?
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by playcharles(m): 10:39am On Sep 14, 2012
dem won kill us o.... i nearly get hyper...12k nepa dey vex o
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 14, 2012
Get prepaid meter and you will pay for just what you use, if not you will receive crazy estimated bill. You wont even have to pay monthly, just recharge your card when it expires. By the way, none of those PHCN bill will be half of what you guys spend on generators including servicing and oiling.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Opoki(m): 10:44am On Sep 14, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: Ours is 15k+.
The question is how often were you given electricity?
I'm spending #5600 on diesel every 2days between 8am - 7pm @ work (if efficiently used) and its more than a year now since we have electricity.
IMO, if you guys are given electricity for about 10-14hrs/day and you consume heavily, i think it worth it.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by takedat(m): 10:45am On Sep 14, 2012
Most consumers are still on post paid meters which isnt their fault since PHCN has refused to distribute the pre paid meters.Even with those using pre paid the charges are still high considering the average standard of living in Nigeria.PHCN should get a balanced and moderate billing system that goes in tandem with the reality on ground that a larger percentage of Nigerians are poor.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by guttentag(m): 10:45am On Sep 14, 2012
Those phcn theieves charged us 15k
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by JaaizTech: 10:46am On Sep 14, 2012
calculusx:

Yes we do. At least minimum of 22hrs un-interrupted power supply daily. It calls for celebration grin
Pls. Pls. Pls. Power has improved but not up to 22hrs availability per day. unless your area is peculiar.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by taharqa: 10:47am On Sep 14, 2012
jaysm: Chai! Warri own is something else oooo, as at 13 of september phcn has already brought september bill. How do they know how much we consumed already? Pls, help what do I do?
Hahahaha...una no go kill pesin 4 NL
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 14, 2012
After seeing my bill rise in june from 4k to 7k and july to 9k now august is 10500.but after i question our markerter,he said that they are also fed up that it is the privatisation of PHCN that caused it and instead of we masses to support the PHCN we prefer supporting the process of privatisation so every month the tariff will be going high.so don't be surprise if u pay double of wat u pay this month next month. Atleast we all know the private sector is there to make gain.GOD BLESS NIGERIA. Shalom

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by JaaizTech: 10:49am On Sep 14, 2012
demmykay: We just moved into d house dis jan nd we were being charged 2500. Later increased to 3900 then recently to 7500. So we decided to repay d prepaid meter we met der at d cost of 10k. Only for me to go to phcn office to buy units nd I ws told I had to pay 15,500 minimum purchase which is d maintanance fee dat has acsumulated over time while d meter has nt been in use, dat if I did nt pay day amt I cannot be allowed to buy credit. after much questions, I ws told dat der Is another outstanding of 20600 which is d connectn fee of d meter dat has nt been paid for. I left d office frustrated nd regretin why I repaid d meter. Phcn re broad day robbers

Very sad story. Outright wickedness, and deceit. The saddest thing is you can't do anything about it, unless you are someone influential.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by vascey(m): 10:50am On Sep 14, 2012
Billyonaire: Get prepaid meter and you will pay for just what you use, if not you will receive crazy estimated bill. You wont even have to pay monthly, just recharge your card when it expires. By the way, none of those PHCN bill will be half of what you guys spend on generators including servicing and oiling.

The challenge with this is that PHCN is regulating the issuance of the prepaid meter and will only do so at their convenience. I had been requesting for the prepaid meter for over a year but was always told it was not available. Funny thing is that my friend works at the company that supplies this prepaid meter to PHCN and he told me that the machines were readily available. Unfortunately PHCN officials will not like to issue them because the old meter gives them room to manipulate and give customers astronomic bills for units which they did not consume. Recently, they announced they were going to phase out the old meter and supply every household with prepaid meters but this is almost 3 months down the line and I am still waiting. Mind you, I live is Surulere and not some faraway village.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by 9free(m): 10:50am On Sep 14, 2012
vascey: I stay in a 3 bedroom apartment and mine just increased from 16,000 to 25,000. We had earlier complained about the 16,000 to the marketer only for the bill to be increased again to 25,000. Mind you, the flat is strictly residential with occupants who spend the day at the office. I am already sending my complaint.
WOW!! Guy how many AC'?s, Deep freezers, Electric cooker, Washing Machines, Room Heaters, Electric Iron, Stand Fridge have you got there? Please try and sell some cos time for big boy don pass. And pay you bills regularly.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by greaterlove(m): 10:52am On Sep 14, 2012
I loaded 6000 in my meter since may and I am still using it. I use energy saving bulbs instead of tungten bulbs of 60-100watts, make sure all is off when leaving the house, I switch off my fridge sometimes especially when the freezer compartment is over frozen. So far I think I average 1500 a month for my flat.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by lafuria1(m): 10:52am On Sep 14, 2012
mine is 13k 2. Using the nrml phcn meter. It was rising from 3k to 5k and now 13k.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Sxsells: 10:54am On Sep 14, 2012
My landlord is a manager in PHCN... My bill for august was #499.99k....
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 14, 2012
We use prepaid meter for all the houses.
10k finished under 2 weeks for the main house. That has now been increased to 20k.

The second one went up by 5k to 10k

Third went up to 5k from 2k

AC's and heaters are permanently off. make Anybody wey wan cool off use hand fan or baff cold water. We are considering turning off all deep freezers.

I must say though, electricty hasn't blinked in the last 2 days. And for a few months now it has been a mimimum 18hours of electricity.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by aieromon(m): 10:59am On Sep 14, 2012
My bill is fairly steady at N2500 per month while the generator bills have dropped by N3000 since June due to stable power supply.

I'm on the normal PHCN meter.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by kheart(m): 10:59am On Sep 14, 2012
Men ours was 9k and d most anoyin thing be say we no dey get light reach 4 ours daily.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by taharqa: 10:59am On Sep 14, 2012
Damex333: After seeing my bill rise in june from 4k to 7k and july to 9k now august is 10500.but after i question our markerter,he said that they are also fed up that it is the privatisation of PHCN that caused it and instead of we masses to support the PHCN we prefer supporting the process of privatisation so every month the tariff will be going high.so don't be surprise if u pay double of wat u pay this month next month. Atleast we all know the private sector is there to make gain.GOD BLESS NIGERIA. Shalom
I tk complete exception to this LIE. You may be a PHCN staff- whether u guys like it or not dat corrupt and inefficient place will be privatised fully by nx month. The tariff as set by NERC for the 4 categories(R1- R4) has bn constant since July and hv not bn reviewed. It is d customer's Consumption and/or Corruption of PHCN staff(who want to collect dier last eguje 4rm any unsuspecting 'mugu' b4 they are thrown out 4ever) that varies, not d tariff...let me repeat- PHCN must be privatised and you guys thrown out whether you like it or yes
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 14, 2012
use FRESH AIR to cool off
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by lekkie073(m): 11:01am On Sep 14, 2012
consequence of not using prepaid meter
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by vascey(m): 11:02am On Sep 14, 2012
9free:
WOW!! Guy how many AC'?s, Deep freezers, Electric cooker, Washing Machines, Room Heaters, Electric Iron, Stand Fridge have you got there? Please try and sell some cos time for big boy don pass. And pay you bills regularly.

Mr Man, lockup!!! Na so una dey like talk wetin una no knw. You just open your buccal cavity and begin to comment on something you have no details on. Abeg move on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Planned Nationwide Protest, Who Are The Conveners? / Graphic Photos From The Suicide Bomb Blast Near A Mosque In Maiduguri / NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.