Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

How She Changed A Cheating Husband - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How She Changed A Cheating Husband (40453 Views)

How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! / Check Out A Post Of How A Wife Dealt With Cheating Husband: cheaters learn / Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by lurkee(f): 4:41pm On Sep 14, 2012
dwas:

It is true that humanly speaking, you cant tolerate a serial cheater, but God's grace can always make the different. Don't forget we all are serial sinners (breakers of Gods commandments everyday). He still forgives. He may decides to neglect you, but he never did. Talk about daily provisions (Foods, drinks, air you breath, seeing, hearing, etc) we cant quantify his mercy on our lives as we daily throw it back to his face. My prayer is that your hubby and you should live happily with the blesses children God gave to you. Stay bless my sister

The God I serve will not give me grace to handle rubbish that will endanger my well being. What kind of yeye grace is that. The man needs grace to be more disciplined and faithful to his wife, not the wife. You sound like a nice person but see life is too short to be unhappy. No one gets a do over. If you spend 40 years miserable and then your spouse changes in their old age, you have just wasted 40 years of your life.

I seem to be rambling now. Anyway hope you get my point that no one should encourage women to stay with serial cheaters. Women have power and by giving it to the man who does not deserve it, we lose out.

6 Likes

Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by mikkyphp(m): 4:41pm On Sep 14, 2012
@pufectskin, you just read everything upside down. That clearly isn't what the poster meant! The cruxx of the story isnt the gift, it's the fact that she chose to be happy and stop nagging @ her husband and givin herself stress...The guy turned a new leaf! and not the other way around. I sense some cynicism and sarcasm in your post.

pufectskin: Wow! So let me get this:
1. The woman is saying her new car gift means her hubby now cares and has regard for her and their marriage?
2. She is telling her female children that their future spouses can continue to hurt and emotionally abuse them as long as he buys them material possessions?
3. She is telling her sons that it is okay to treat their women like that too?
4. She is also saying the institution of marriage is really just a paper and doesn't require any respect?
All I can say is has she gone to verify if he has contracted any stds? He just might be buying time till his disease gets worse and he becomes a bag of bones. He'd need her then, afterall she is his booty licker (always stayed even when he treated like d trash she thinks she is).
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by goofie: 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
pls nairalanders,wht do the hidden threads mean? i really dont know wht it means.pls dont laugh!
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by dwas: 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
Kingsleyinfo:

Bros abeg help me tell them
na which man nor like peace for im house grin grin grin

Its well my bros.

Not everyone will accept the truth. besides we cant force our opinion and believe on others. Different people, different background, different culture, uniqueness of being. we will always have different opinion.
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by pufectskin: 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
Oh lawWwd! Lmao
Sisi_Kill: A Lovely Ranger Rover Autobiography?? shocked shocked

Well then, there is nothing more to say. . .I mean if that doesn't scream HAPPILY EVER AFTER, I don't know what does.

Good for the woman ojare!! cheesy
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by karpentar: 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2012
jennykadry: Oh really? Okay.

Is the man a child or an adult? May low self esteem not kill people

What does it matter if the man is a child or adult? Cheating has nothing to do with that. Stop this habit of calling cheating men "boys". They are not. They are men who COMPLETELY know what they are doing, ok.
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by MamaDiallo(f): 5:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
Well, u can never change a womanizer. He will cheat on her again, just this time he ll give his wife more attention nd also hide his cheating. The only one who changed in this story is that woman, she stopped to care about it grin and they r both happy wink
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by honeycandy(f): 5:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
Exactly my thought. @op, ask the woman to tell you what she really did. Abegi. Anyway, good for her.
Mad Cow:

Stories that Touch.. If juju no involve, man no fit stop to cheat! angry
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by Afamdman(m): 5:35pm On Sep 14, 2012
Dwas and kingsleyinfo well put, God bless you guys. Any lady that wants success in her marriage has her own part to play. The good book has outlined what your part is so do it, and leave the man to do his part, don't force him to do his part. Now that's if you want a successful marriage ohh, the ones that see they can't cope, the good book also showed you a way out. If you feel the kitchen is too hot, please you go ahead and divorce, just don't knock the women trying hard to make their own work despite the odds. Each to their own. And those ladies that feel a cheating man can't change, well God can change anyone, even you, look in the mirror the you, you see today was not the same you of 10years agon, yup change took place.
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by FRANKLINTON(m): 5:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
How are we even sure that the man has stopped cheating? What if he decided to take a break. That woman should look for better ways to solve that problem before she becomes house maid
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by mko2005: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2012
slimyem: lol
In summary "suffer in silence" shey?
Things women do just to stay married..
Besides,that it worked for her doesn't mean it'll work for others..
The man's escapades could even become worse on the long run..especially since his wife is fully supportive and cooperative...
Similar strategies do not necessarily work for similar situations.

''Wives in the same way submit yourselves to ur own husbands so that if any of them do not believe the word,they may be WON OVER without words by the behaviour of their wives,when they see the PURITY and REVERENCE of your lives.your beauty should not come from outward adornment,such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.Rather,it should be that of your INNER SELF,the unfading beauty of a GENTLE and SPIRIT,which is of great worth in God's sight.For this is the way the HOLY WOMEN of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves.They SUBMITTED themselves to their OWN HUSBANDS''1 Peter 3:1-7

Funny enough people find it difficult to listen to the word of God,there by making it difficult for the holy spirit to teach them.
The best way of winning a cheating husband over is to submit according to the above scripture.@Op,you have finished your own.No one should think divorce is an option at all.Though for Godly people and not for world people !
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by freecocoa(f): 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2012
Kwa kwa kwa grin grin grin

This is some serious rubbish.
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by freecocoa(f): 6:00pm On Sep 14, 2012
goofie: pls nairalanders,wht do the hidden threads mean? i really dont know wht it means.pls dont laugh!
It means what is in those posts are not acceptable on here.

Say, insulting words and the likes.
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
After this now,another thread will be opened by the man asking how he can break free from Juju..
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
I am reminded of the story, in the Bible of the prophet, Hosea, whose wife was a harlot, and he waited on here hand and foot until she got tired of her harlotry, and yes, he was the one who went to get her back home, after so many years.

If all of you quoting bible and making claims that the woman by fixing herself fixed her husband, is it OK then to wish that God put you all in similar position, as he put that bible prophet, so that he will use you all, as an example to others out there(husbands who do not know how to handle their philandering wives)?

The kingdom is in need of people, more like prophet Hosea, to show others the way and since you all seem to know how it should work, what better way than to have you show by example what it is you mean. Can I get an Amen?

3 Likes

Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by andyanders: 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2012
slimojas89: Life has taught me that when you fight with someone and expect them to respect you, you only elevate them to your strata. There is power in silence

Well said. That is the gospel truth.Best way to handle men who act out of ignorance.
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by buchibabe: 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2012
Abegiii. It takes d grace of God for anyone to change his/her irresponsible ways. Not by our power at all. Some men dnt giv a hoot about ur silence or ignorance,infact its a go-ahead sign for dem.
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2012
This thread is very demeaning and belittling to women!
So ignoring a man and ALLOWING him to cheat is the only way to stop men from cheating shocked shocked
What happened to dumping his sorry a55

5 Likes

Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by buchibabe: 6:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
shamama: D guy stil need to repent and ask God fr frgiveness if only he want to make heaven

Haaaa!naija. We r so religious. Evrytin na heaven n repentance. I dnt think dis has anytin to do wit d spiritual,its just all about d way d man's heart n brain has bn wired ,which makes man an unsatisfied creature
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
FRANKLINTON: How are we even sure that the man has stopped cheating? What if he decided to take a break. That woman should look for better ways to solve that problem before she becomes house maid

Good question. Another question is has the wife at least made sure the man has not passed her some STD in the time she has been having sex with him while he was openly philandering? Im don buy her autobiography abi wetin that one be ?? but has she gone to make sure he never give am something else on the side?
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by Clemzy16(m): 6:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
The wife only stayed because the guy was rich.
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
oh boy...pessimism ha!!!wink
Kingsleyinfo:
hurt ke undecided undecided

i was only pointing out your pessimism grin grin

and as expected you didn't get it grin grin grin
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by maclatunji: 6:54pm On Sep 14, 2012
Hehehehehe... There's something to learn in every story. I have picked my own lesson.
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by freecocoa(f): 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
maclatunji: Hehehehehe... There's something to learn in every story. I have picked my own lesson.
And that would be?
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2012
sanb: oh boy...pessimism ha!!!wink
grin grin grin grin grin
abi i lie
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
Johndoe100: The number of hidden posts tells it's own story. The rest of the children and mad femi nazis will soon be here to lecture us on why the woman in the story is:
a. Mad
b. Suffering from low self esteem.
c. Under a spell cast by the man's mother
d. All the above

smiley
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
@Kingsleyinfo...

oh my word you're funny...grin
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
All the women fighting their husbands because of cheating, pls what have they achieved? I doubt if any single woman who fights a cheating husband has succeeded in changing him?
Instead of all d cat and mouse wahala for house why not try this approach? if fighting nor solve am then u might as well call a truce and see if he will change.
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by Lexoria: 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
Kobojunkie: I am reminded of the story, in the Bible of the prophet, Hosea, whose wife was a harlot, and he waited on here hand and foot until she got tired of her harlotry, and yes, he was the one who went to get her back home, after so many years.

If all of you quoting bible and making claims that the woman by fixing herself fixed her husband, is it OK then to wish that God put you all in similar position, as he put that bible prophet, so that he will use you all, as an example to others out there(husbands who do not know how to handle their philandering wives)?

The kingdom is in need of people, more like prophet Hosea, to show others the way and since you all seem to know how it should work, what better way than to have you show by example what it is you mean. Can I get an Amen?

A to the men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by lurkee(f): 7:25pm On Sep 14, 2012
Kobojunkie: I am reminded of the story, in the Bible of the prophet, Hosea, whose wife was a harlot, and he waited on here hand and foot until she got tired of her harlotry, and yes, he was the one who went to get her back home, after so many years.

Amen X 100

Then the men will say according to the bible, divorce is allowed because of adultery. angry angry
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by Lexoria: 7:30pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ah,thank God my hubby isn't a cheat(well not yet or I haven't had a cause to believe otherwise)cos I'll turn a blind eye o and be doing my thing.At the end of the day,I'll be the one with a fat account and his will be diminishing.E go make sense die sha.
Re: How She Changed A Cheating Husband by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 14, 2012
@topic - WOW

#trust nairaland to provide me with the joke of the day cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Celebrates His Mum Who Graduated After Dropping Out To Send Him To School / Okoloko Accused Of Owing Wife $35M, ₦‎6bn; Instead Of Paying, Files For Divorce / Onogbotsere Monday, DELSU Lecturer Dies After 'Spiritual Attack'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.