Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

"Bad News" - Did Don Jazzy Really Need To Sub D'banj's G.O.O.D Music Collabo? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / "Bad News" - Did Don Jazzy Really Need To Sub D'banj's G.O.O.D Music Collabo? (1217 Views)

Best Nigerian Music Collabo Ever!! / Don Jazzy And D’banj Signs On To Kanye’s G.o.o.d Music (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Bad News" - Did Don Jazzy Really Need To Sub D'banj's G.O.O.D Music Collabo? by kreative: 3:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
Yesterday, we finally got to listen to a G.O.O.D Music collaboration that featured our very own D'Banj. The Kokomaster featured on the Pusha T’s track, along with 2 Chainz, Common, CyHi Da Prince, D’Banj, Kid Cudi & Raekwon.

And as expected, it was a trending topic on social media, especially Twitter. An interesting angle to the whole debate however, was Don Jazzy's tweets, which were posted around the time the issue was hot on Twitter.

"Do something positive with your life today. Stop counting other people's money for them. Especially when u haven't achieved half of what they have," he tweeted in reaction to the acidic comments that trailed the song.

In subsequent tweets, he however seemed to take a swipe at his former business partner and friend. "U'll say Naija aint progressing. How will it progress tho if all u do is wait for bad news that u can join other daft people to laff about?"

He then added: "U send ur man to d moon on a mission and he encounters a little setback. Re u to blow his space shuttle off the sky or pray all goes well?

Well, here's my two naira point of view on those tweets. I honestly feel those messages were what we call 'subs' on Twitter, for D'Banj. The Kokomaster has not exactly been on his A-game, since the two split over differences in ideas and concepts. Most of his songs after the MoHits era, have left a lot to be desired, distinctly missing Don Jazzy's super touch.

But D'Banj wanted the international playing field, while Jazzy insisted on home comfort and familiar territories. That is why that line about "sending your man to the moon" sounds more like "I thought you wanted to achieve the impossible?"

However, the super producer was quick to dismiss the notion. One of his followers, @Dirawn75 tweeted: "Ds Donjazzy sef dey f**k up... Twee'n bou #Badnews #Setback subin D'Banj. #Immaturity @ itz peak!

Don Jazzy replied: "See ur life."

I'm afraid, the only thing I saw, is what I have expressed clearly above. And I, just like (a few) other observers, take sides with @Dirawn75.

No, Don Jazzy didn't need to. I won't go as far as accusing him of immaturity, but I think it will be better if he focused on building the Mavin brand up to what we know he can do. And very quickly too. Most of the songs on the Solar Plexus album, were half-baked, painful to listen to and belittled the genius that we are convinced he is. It is not as if he has exactly been flying (whether to the moon or not), without D'Banj.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/09/14/did-don-jazzy-really-need-sub-dbanjs-g-o-o-d-music-collabo/
Re: "Bad News" - Did Don Jazzy Really Need To Sub D'banj's G.O.O.D Music Collabo? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2012

"Do something positive with your life today. Stop counting other people's money for them. Especially when u haven't achieved half of what they have,"

"U'll say Naija aint progressing. How will it progress tho if all u do is wait for bad news that u can join other daft people to laff about?"

"U send ur man to d moon on a mission and he encounters a little setback. Re u to blow his space shuttle off the sky or pray all goes well?

you mean to your mind and intellect, the above quotes can be interpreted to mean don jazzy is dissing or beefing dbanj? or subbing or whatever fancy term u give it...

seriously?

your minds work in wonderful ways.

i kinda like feel sorry for you all on this dbanj/don jazzy issue. why is it so important for you all that one person fails or the succeeds more than the other one? that fact makes u money?

kreative indeed
Re: "Bad News" - Did Don Jazzy Really Need To Sub D'banj's G.O.O.D Music Collabo? by sagewonders(m): 4:25am On Sep 29, 2014
Nawaoh ooo. But Don baba didnt mention any name why do reporters want to create another show
Re: "Bad News" - Did Don Jazzy Really Need To Sub D'banj's G.O.O.D Music Collabo? by Djicemob: 7:30am On Sep 29, 2014
WTF is sub angry

(1) (Reply)

Download New [VIDEO] Dr Sid – Afefe / Pherowshuz – Awa Lani Igboro Ft Olamide ( Download ) / Wizkid – The Matter [prod. By Maleek Berry] [download]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.