Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? (29090 Views)

What Else Do You Do With Your phone Apart From These Things? / Please Help With Blackberry Wifi Hotspot Setup / Pinging With Nokia Phone Just Like Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by alaoeri: 3:38pm On Sep 19, 2012
Op its obvious u are under using your bb, its may not be the best smart phone but bb dey try small instant email, cheap data bundles, very easy for advert & to pass around information, contact your business associate easily.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by hassymo5(m): 3:38pm On Sep 19, 2012
walexybaba: Its a total disappointment for any1 to under estimate what a bb can do, in dubia and some part of Kingdom saudi, BB 4nes are banned, cos hackers use it to tap into d security data base of grocery shops and other small shops, apart from pinging, u have sw such as power point in HD, and mind u the blackberry is a business 4ne, as the idea of pinging was 2 connect all like minded users of bb allover d world. Wish I had all d time in d world 2 explain, pls stop saying nokia E5 (which is just like a toy Bside the iphone) as in d U.K 60% of sophisticated phone users uses an apple product
walexybaba: Its a total disappointment for any1 to under estimate what a bb can do, in dubia and some part of Kingdom saudi, BB 4nes are banned, cos hackers use it to tap into d security data base of grocery shops and other small shops, apart from pinging, u have sw such as power point in HD, and mind u the blackberry is a business 4ne, as the idea of pinging was 2 connect all like minded users of bb allover d world. Wish I had all d time in d world 2 explain, pls stop saying nokia E5 (which is just like a toy Bside the iphone) as in d U.K 60% of sophisticated phone users uses an apple product

so how does this affect the price of garri!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by tucker12(m): 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2012
Apart from BB IM , It helps me greatly on my emails, update on events, Mini reminder for peoples birthday which i will not remember, Acts as my weather forecast checker, mini reminder for critical task, I watch church service online, get quick information on the internet. mini dictionary, picture collections. No doubt it serves me well.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by sexyglow(f): 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
InvertedHammer: Sorry for my ignorance...What is pinging? I keep hearing this term especially from people in Nigeria. I have never heard this term in US and I have lived in California
for the last years.
My dear when you send an sms from a phone number to another is called text message right? in Niger a message from a BBM contact to another is called pinging.

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
grin
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by jedisco(m): 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2012
@OP Why did you buy it in the first place?

For all those hating on BB, why don't you just stick to what you prefer and what works for you and leave others to what they prefer.

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by tellwsdom: 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2012
I only use BB for snapping yanshes that caught my sight sad sad
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by sexyglow(f): 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
tucker12: Apart from BB IM , It helps me greatly on my emails, update on events, Mini reminder for peoples birthday which i will not remember, Acts as my weather forecast checker, mini reminder for critical task, I watch church service online, get quick information on the internet. mini dictionary, picture collections. No doubt it serves me well.
HTC does at that and even better.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by garripack: 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
[size=20pt]THIS FRONT PAGE IS SO CHEAP OR RADA A ONE GANG PAGE [/size]

[size=50pt]RUBBISH[/size]
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by hassymo5(m): 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
sexy glow: My dear when you send an sms from a phone number to another is called text message right? in Niger a message from a BBM contact to another is called pinging.

from your info that means every fones ping,,,text message!!!
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by kennyslim1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
Apart 4rm pinging I guess the only thing BB has over other smartphones is the unlimited downloads attached to it.....if not whatsapp, 2go or facebook chat would have been much okay!
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Rocktation(f): 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
gambus007:

BB no dey do skype ooooooo!2bad.

Who de lie for you? Do your research again.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by slumcat(m): 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
tucker12: Apart from BB IM , It helps me greatly on my emails, update on events, Mini reminder for peoples birthday which i will not remember, Acts as my weather forecast checker, mini reminder for critical task, I watch church service online, get quick information on the internet. mini dictionary, picture collections. No doubt it serves me well.
nothin special.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by trent9002(m): 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2012
InvertedHammer: Sorry for my ignorance...What is pinging? I keep hearing this term especially from people in Nigeria. I have never heard this term in US and I have lived in California
for the last years.
Shut up.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2012
Browsing (Nairaland, Google and some sites I need to check on motion or quickly)
Pinging, of course
Receiving and sending office and personal emails
Less often, internet banking

That's virtually all, but I used my damaged Torch 2 for other things like storage and transmission of files, but my current Bold 4 is not so convenient for that.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by chucky234(m): 3:49pm On Sep 19, 2012
gambus007:

BB no do skype ooooooo!2bad.
Skype works on many BB models,you can confirm that from skye home page.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by collins123(m): 3:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
I download over 1GB of stuffs on ma bb daily. From full movies, to songs and programs.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by miz4oxley(m): 3:53pm On Sep 19, 2012
Wow! Blackberry Smartphone is one of the best TV to maximize internet connection. You can work outside office on your Blackberry device like you still in Office. Data management, applications runs on BIS not data.

Why Blackberry is a better Smartphone for businesses? In today’s tech world, finding
the right business Smartphone is not an easy
job. Every now and then, market is flooded with ads for the latest Smartphones and all
promising to revolutionize the way we use technology. The reality is that Smartphones
signifies a large financial investment for the consumer and most importantly, the productivity of your business depends on how well they function. All the entrepreneurs or businesspersons, before investing in a Smartphone, want an email application, productivity tools like Word, Excel and PDF viewer, competent mobile browser and reliable network. Blackberry provides you all
these features, plus many other solutions to enhance your business. Blackberry has always been manufacturing high-end business oriented Smartphones and has become
synonymous to high-tech business mobile phones. Today, they are applauded and appreciated worldwide due to their advanced technology, high-end functionalities and great
look. Some of the latest Blackberry phone models in the market are Blackberry Torch, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry Storm,
Blackberry Pearl and Blackberry Bold. All these models are power packed Smartphones loaded with fantastic applications, and are powerful enough to execute various
functions flawlessly and perfectly, including text messaging, sending emails, multimedia applications and mobile telephony.
However, the Apple’s iPhone has started to receive attention as a possible alternative and wants to gobble up a slice of Blackberry’s multibillion-dollar pie. It offers some more features than what Blackberry offers. They have recently offered the ability to remotely erase data from a lost or stolen phone. Nevertheless, Blackberry has an extremely far better email system than any other Smartphones. It has been the most popular Smartphone among businesspersons and most importantly, it has been standardized and businesses will not look for alternatives
for a very long time.

Blackberry has solutions for all business types; enterprise, small business and industries. It improves the customer satisfaction and productivity with solutions that offer
advanced IT control and functionality. The blackberry started out as a business device and will remain a business device.

For Tips, Updates, Shortcuts, How-To's follow @9jaBlackberry on Twitter!

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Omon605(m): 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
Neo-luv:
When it comes to push email and the rest...blackberry comes first....av tried iphone,android(currently using samsung galaxy note and bold 9900),blackberry receives mails faster than the computer ...if your emails are very important to you and you don't have a bb,then you're joking!!

My broda that is a pure lie, if really u used galaxy note because I used one. Galaxy note and any BBM you can think of have no comprising in any form at all.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by KayDee4: 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
[size=13pt] Nothing else really. I use it basically for just pinging and e-mailing. Pinging comes in handy when you have to communicate with people in every 'corner' of the globe. [/size]
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Akosbaba(m): 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
Brainrex: bb is just a java phone without pinging
bb na blackberry os and wetin dem dey use bbm do if no be pinging
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by mmmustapha(m): 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
Minging grin grin grin
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Omon605(m): 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2012
Most of the bbm can't play a full HD videos, they can't even open ordinary PDF files. The phone is only selling in the Nigeria market. Pls try galaxy note and smash your bbm
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Ranoscky(m): 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2012
Neo-luv:
When it comes to push email and the rest...blackberry comes first....av tried iphone,android(currently using samsung galaxy note and bold 9900),blackberry receives mails faster than the computer ...if your emails are very important to you and you don't have a bb,then you're joking!!
Mstcheeew !!
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
walcolm: BB is a solid enterprise device. it was built originally for business uses and offered zero entertainment or fun factor

if you know what you are doing and you are business minded, with just a BB and absolutely no laptop or desktop around you, you can keep in touch with your business associates all over the world as if you are working from your office. no other smartphone gives you that level of dexterity, security and robustness when there's no PC around. you can churn out solid business proposals with text and graphics on the go. you can stay on top of all your emails no matter how many email addresses and which server is hosting those email addresses

most people started being able to use BB when the company started releasing general end-user friendly versions which was heralded by the release of the BBM that most people now talk about.

when the BB10 is released next year, the BB will be at par in terms of fun and entertainment as you currently get on androids and iphones

the iPhone does those better and does it the right way.
if you ever used an iPhone, you'll delete that rubbish you posted

4 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by kumbalo(m): 4:02pm On Sep 19, 2012
searchcorp: @op, that's a very stupid question.

And Yes!!! You are under-using your
blackberry.
why u dey vex. Na you be the maker. Answer the simple q.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by sharpshap(m): 4:06pm On Sep 19, 2012
It is my mobile office. Can't keep it away from me for a moment.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
Everything that can be done with a Blackberry Device can be done with a 15,000 Nokia phone. The only reason why I still carry one around is that its saves me the stress of checking how many GIG I have left for mobile browsing. Basically, it makes sure I am only worried about recharging my PC modem. Any day our service providers give us unlimited internet on other phones at 1,500 heck even 3k, that will be the end of my relationship with RIM.

3 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ishola87: why are worry ourself becus of worldly thins.Asan naa ni gbogbo e

grin grin grin GBAGAUN grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 19, 2012
I use it for entertainment on the go

I use it to view ms files and pdf on the go

push email

Direct data capture
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by EPOMA(m): 4:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
Omon605:
My broda that is a pure lie, if really u used galaxy note because I used one. Galaxy note and any BBM you can think of have no comprising in any form at all.

I disagree with you 100%, galaxy anything can not receive mail faster than blackberry. Blackberry uses a compressed technology for data delivery which gives it upper hand in email delivery and it is more secured. Its integrations with cooperate infrastructure is also a big advantage. so there for a country like Nigeria with poor network service and data cost it means that with very low bandwidth blackberry compression makes it cheaper and and effective than other phones

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by iammodel(m): 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
I think bb is just an over rated, over estimated & over exagerated annoying so called smartphone dat makes people look stupid. Don't just like d damn phone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Much Have You Spent On Internet Data So Far In 2021? / Which Good Camera Phone Can I Get For 100k. / Price, Specs Of Infinix Note 6 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.