Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? (29083 Views)

What Else Do You Do With Your phone Apart From These Things? / Please Help With Blackberry Wifi Hotspot Setup / Pinging With Nokia Phone Just Like Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by cupid4ig(m): 2:41am On Sep 22, 2012
timbros:

lol...as if i dont recieve emails on the go in my E5. Dont make me laugh.... Just update ur email in "mailbox" menu and u will get notifications on incoming emails instanta!
mumu with Nokia u syhc ur mail and set time when it will connect to check new email with BB u get it once it is bein sent.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by cupid4ig(m): 2:47am On Sep 22, 2012
usdane:
GBAM!!! U don talk my mind. Hence i recerve my comments
ok go die
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by cupid4ig(m): 2:49am On Sep 22, 2012
raynold17 :
well I can do all that on my android and more.. mutiple emailing, play hd games, able to install over 500apps(have about 60 now with 6.5gig to go) as for chatting I use whatapp, twitter for android 100 time better than twitter for blackberry and there are still about 10 other apps that are even better..etc android is the best. I use airtel 1.2gig for 1200 so it's more like bis.
u don talk finish? Airtel will soon block the bis working in other phones mtcheeeew
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by cupid4ig(m): 2:51am On Sep 22, 2012
tedfx4life:

Blackberry is a phenomenon if u know what u can use it for.I can understand most nigerian use it for chats but as said its basically meant for business purposes. Emails, Chat, Apps, Fun, Business..BB just encompases everything in one phone. It s really hard to find a biz app thats not on BB. Forex to stocks and so much more. Only a fool will compare BB and Nokia E5 or whatever the model is.for kids..well they may not see the diffrence but for professionals its like heaven to earth.
don't mind those fools comparing what they don't know.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by cupid4ig(m): 2:57am On Sep 22, 2012
otumfour:

it has all tht and more
see as u dey deceive ur self. idiot
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by cupid4ig(m): 3:00am On Sep 22, 2012
timbros:

Why do i have a laptop?
just see ur life now u don't want to compare a phone again u run to laptop. Ediot ur stupid Nokia will never reach BB. I have Nokia n97 which u know is better that ur stupid E5 but my BB comes first. Stop hating
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by cupid4ig(m): 3:41am On Sep 22, 2012
4llerbuntu: Another thing is all this talk of "downloading gigabytes"

are your blackberries desktop phones? cos i sure as hell know that there is no blackberry in existence on this planet that can download gigabytes of data at one go on its battery, matter of fact merely pinging on a BB with 3G data on will net you a around of 5 hrs use much less downloading on nigeria's crappy networks.

do you tether your bb to a power socket or you carry i beta pass my neighbor gen dey waka ni?

secondly, before you lie, there are no download managers for blackberry, so download resume is not going to happen.

matter of fact the only way you get to download files above 5MB is using UCBrowser, and its download manager is pretty hit and miss. it also does not support java script properly

so are you saying that your Blackberries are practically desktop phones permanently tethered to the socket to download gigabytes?

were it not for operamini, would you even be able to browse with blackberry with that evil useless, rubbish crappy browser?

BTW, all the talk of unlimited download is off the mark, YOU ARE USING TRICKS TO SPOOF THE NETWORKS TO GET YOUR SO_CALLED UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS, RIM has a data transfer cap of 5MB at a go, 5. RIM or your provider NEVER intended for you to have "unlimited" downloads

smh

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by cupid4ig(m): 3:55am On Sep 22, 2012
ITbomb:
This IS something I can't understand
People argue that it's because the BBM and email are always on.
On my E5, the whatsapp , push email are also always on . Even with my 3.75g from airtel always on with constant browsing, my battery last me more than a day
I don't think u know what is always on ode
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by cupid4ig(m): 3:56am On Sep 22, 2012
drnoel:

U 4got one impt part and that is: What kind of smartphone has limited apps for its users compared to other smartphones and would require its users pay premium from making use of these limited apps (do u guys know that when I bought my galaxy and loaded all my apps I did't pay a dime, men I felt serious pain cos I had been wasting money paying apps on BB. I swore then neva to use BB again).
who is begging u to use one mumu.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by cupid4ig(m): 3:57am On Sep 22, 2012
henryskywalker2003: BB is this, bb is that, blah blah blah. ... <scoffs>. Puleeese. Give me a break here. Frm what i see, that device has succeeded in Nigeria where it has failed in Europe and the US because it succeeded in making its users really dumb. ok, let's talk facts here.

1. What do u call a business smartphone that cannot view pdf files locally? i mean come on, my Nokia N70 has adobe reader out of the box. To read a pdf file on a BB, u either email urself the file and open it on the browser or u either purchase a pdf viewer frm the appworld.

2. What kind of smartphone restricts its users from making use of internet facilities unless they pay a premium? i mean, even if u do have free mb, u still can't browse unless u apply some tweaks on it. That sucks.

3. What kind of smartphone has the power of HSPDA and yet restricts the users to just 5mb data limit downloads unless once again, u apply some tweaks to it.

4. What kind of smartphone comes without a radio? Come on, even Nokia torch has a radio.

5. What kind of smartphone takes 3-5mins to startup? imagine putting ur device on and waiting on it for 5mins to come on b4 using it.

6. This is the only smartphone that takes 2hours to charge completely and 6hours 2 die. Smartphones frm sony boast of having burst charge capabilities that enable lesser charging times and higher usage times.

7. What kind of smartphone forces the users to pay a premium fee for internet and yet wouldn't allow them to share it on other devices. (though with the advent of os 7.1 they fixed this issue as well as that of the radio but it's only available for their latest phones Bold 5 & 6, Curve 5, Torch 2)
ewu just stfu if u don't know what to write
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by cupid4ig(m): 4:01am On Sep 22, 2012
Pls if u don't like BB go hang ur self or u can just shut the Bleep up. Idiots if u are using Nokia e5 good for u. But for me my BB is the best phone I have ever use and am waiting for the BB10. So haters go and die
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Jeffy1206(m): 6:03am On Sep 22, 2012
Moon_Raker: Plz,check out samsung galaxy series,nokia lumia series & Htc legend no BB comes near them in term of durability,ba3 wit loads of exciting apps.i bet u,u 'll feel lyk 2rowin ur BB away.
didnt say i have a bb? Even dos droid symbians u claim will onli suck ur data lyk water unlyk bb. Dts de onli tin i admire in bb.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by emabe: 9:05am On Sep 22, 2012
cupid4ig: who is begging u to use one mumu.
I sent blame u..i blame ur people.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 9:07am On Sep 22, 2012
cupid4ig: mumu with Nokia u syhc ur mail and set time when it will connect to check new email with BB u get it once it is bein sent.
cupid4ig: just see ur life now u don't want to compare a phone again u run to laptop. Ediot ur stupid Nokia will never reach BB. I have Nokia n97 which u know is better that ur stupid E5 but my BB comes first. Stop hating
cupid4ig: ewu just stfu if u don't know what to write
cupid4ig: ok go die
cupid4ig: don't mind those fools comparing what they don't know.
cupid4ig: who is begging u to use one mumu.
cupid4ig: I don't think u know what is always on ode

You should be ashamed of yourself. Just look at the amount of insults coming out from u. You're just so immature so i dont have to waste my time replying u. Go and sin no more...Good day.

#smh4u
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by poweredcom(m): 3:09pm On Sep 22, 2012
naturalwaves: I don't even ping on my bb most times xcept on a request.
#1... D fact that one can get an unlimited internet access for 1 month with just 1,500 naira on d BB is more than enough reasons 2 chose a BB & knock off others if U know ow to use d internet. All my 3 modems are just redundant no tnx 2 my BB.
#2...D BB beats d nokia E5 hands down in almost all aspects.D social networking on BB is smoother.One can get instant notifications from all d social networks combined as they come in without necessarily logging in and staying active at d same time.
#On d BB,it is possible(full subscriptn) to receive instant mail alerts 4rm as many mail accts as possible all at d same tym without logging in.
#D mind blowing internet speed on d BB cannot be matched by Nokia E5 or whatever.I think d server is just difft and there's no proxy server.
#For those talking abt radio,I can listen 2 virtually all good stations in d world on my BB using Nobexradio app.
#I use a Torch 2 and when it sees d H+ network signal,I download a 140mb vid in just 2 minutes.I can't stand d slow download rate of d E5 or whatever.Live streaming of vids on BB is also far better wit less or no dragging atall.I open up to 10 tabs on d BB browser and they all load wit great speed.I wonder ow long dat wil take on an E5 using opera or Ucl or whatever.No basis for comparism atall.
#Aside pinging,d BBM has a whole lot of oda functions.I use my BBM to make voice calls or notes,share pics and vids instantly.I don't think Watzapp can be used 2 xchange VNs. D BBM and my BB has cut down my xpenses on rcharge cards by abt 300%.
#Honestly,BB is really d bomb if U aren't a game freak.I feel I'm even cheating d service provider cos I pay just 1,500/mnth but I get a value worth more than 6,000 naira monthly.

Bros you said it all GBAM don't mind all dis yeye andriod freaks just because american and europeans use it much - over here na person wey know say wi fi dey him street (impossible) make d person go dey rock iphone 10 or andriod as for me BB does it all I even feel say I dey cheat MTN sef I don stream video tire download song on tubidy I wan even go buy anoda mem card

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Mbuko91(m): 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2012
some people just dey here dey form one yeye knowledge....! If e pain u say bb dey reign,go swallow toothpick...did the bb manufacturers come and do buy two bb and get one free promo at ur dormot? Biko,go and chew kpomo 1000naira,i dont kia! Mscheeeeew
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Dubemkelly(m): 9:04pm On Sep 23, 2012
henryskywalker2003: BB is this, bb is that, blah blah blah. ... <scoffs>. Puleeese. Give me a break here. Frm what i see, that device has succeeded in Nigeria where it has failed in Europe and the US because it succeeded in making its users really dumb. ok, let's talk facts here.

1. What do u call a business smartphone that cannot view pdf files locally? i mean come on, my Nokia N70 has adobe reader out of the box. To read a pdf file on a BB, u either email urself the file and open it on the browser or u either purchase a pdf viewer frm the appworld.

2. What kind of smartphone restricts its users from making use of internet facilities unless they pay a premium? i mean, even if u do have free mb, u still can't browse unless u apply some tweaks on it. That sucks

3. What kind of smartphone has the power of HSPDA and yet restricts the users to just 5mb data limit downloads unless once again, u apply some tweaks to it.

4. What kind of smartphone comes without a radio? Come on, even Nokia torch has a radio.

5. What kind of smartphone takes 3-5mins to startup? imagine putting ur device on and waiting on it for 5mins to come on b4 using it.

6. This is the only smartphone that takes 2hours to charge completely and 6hours 2 die. Smartphones frm sony boast of having burst charge capabilities that enable lesser charging times and higher usage times.

7. What kind of smartphone forces the users to pay a premium fee for internet and yet wouldn't allow them to share it on other devices. (though with the advent of os 7.1 they fixed this issue as well as that of the radio but it's only available for their latest phones Bold 5 & 6, Curve 5, Torch 2)
Damn! I think we r deviating 4rm d subject matter,we aint comparing,if u know what's good 4 u,u go 4 it,having BB,Android,Iphone nd Nokia doesn't make u d best knowledgeable or successful person...Ur choice is what u hv preferred....BB remains my kind of phone

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by nairaman66(m): 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2012
your E5 cannot do what a BB will do for someone who knows what a BB can do.

BB is generally a waste of time and talent for a vibrant youth like yourself.. BB can be regarded as a Nokia Torchlight without the BIS!
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by naturalwaves: 11:47am On Sep 26, 2012
poweredcom:

Bros you said it all GBAM don't mind all dis yeye andriod freaks just because american and europeans use it much - over here na person wey know say wi fi dey him street (impossible) make d person go dey rock iphone 10 or andriod as for me BB does it all I even feel say I dey cheat MTN sef I don stream video tire download song on tubidy I wan even go buy anoda mem card
Exactly.My own batt lasts up to 12hrs + with a single charge.The trick is to switch off d network wen I'm not using it e.g wen it's in my pocket,wen I want to sleep and so on as my feeds will come in wen I switch it on.If d network is off completely,my batt could stay up to 2days.So, d BB batt is actually very strong cos leaving d netwk on on d BB is like browsing non stop on a Nokia fone.If one browses non stop 4 lyk 6hr on d E5,d batt will definately go flat. If U want 2 use a BB, U must know ow it works and ow to use d batt.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by naturalwaves: 11:49am On Sep 26, 2012
[
poweredcom:

Exactly.My own batt lasts up to 12hrs + with a single charge.The trick is to switch off d network wen I'm not using it e.g wen it's in my pocket,wen I want to sleep and so on as my feeds will come in wen I switch it on.If d network is off completely,my batt could stay up to 2days.So, d BB batt is actually very strong cos leaving d netwk on on d BB is like browsing non stop on a Nokia fone.If one browses non stop 4 lyk 6hr on d E5,d batt will definately go flat. If U want 2 use a BB, U must know ow it works and ow to use d batt.quote author=poweredcom]

Bros you said it all GBAM don't mind all dis yeye andriod freaks just because american and europeans use it much - over here na person wey know say wi fi dey him street (impossible) make d person go dey rock iphone 10 or andriod as for me BB does it all I even feel say I dey cheat MTN sef I don stream video tire download song on tubidy I wan even go buy anoda mem card[/quote]
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
BB sucks and its dead
even it cant stand the Nokia E5,E6, E72 etc
*silly phone*
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 06, 2012
Brand new Nokia E6 for sale @ #40,000. Call 081840580
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by bola4dprec(m): 6:38am On Oct 06, 2012
Kinkynature: Brand new Nokia E6 for sale @ #40,000
how much last ?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 06, 2012
timbros:

Did u see me comparing E5 to BB? I still havent got the answer to what BB can do that my E5 cant serve me.....? Browsing? Multiple windows? Games? Youtube?

Please tell me since u have both of them...
U can use a bb to send files easily and almost instantly. I use it to send pdf, doc, pictures, full project work, and even mp3 files!. Yesterday, a girl was listening to a song I've been looking for( I saw it from my own bb ), I told her to send it to me and she did through bbm. I'm in lagos and she is in porthercourt.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by ITbomb(m): 9:05am On Oct 06, 2012
Highbros:
U can use a bb to send files easily and almost instantly. I use it to send pdf, doc, pictures, full project work, and even mp3 files!. Yesterday, a girl was listening to a song I've been looking for( I saw it from my own bb ), I told her to send it to me and she did through bbm.
WOW , u mean all this happened yesterday?
#PATHETIC
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 06, 2012
ITbomb:
WOW , u mean all this happened yesterday?
#PATHETIC
Read again. This time, pay more attention to punctuation
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Jeffy1206(m): 11:33am On Oct 06, 2012
Highbros:
U can use a bb to send files easily and almost instantly. I use it to send pdf, doc, pictures, full project work, and even mp3 files!. Yesterday, a girl was listening to a song I've been looking for( I saw it from my own bb ), I told her to send it to me and she did through bbm. I'm in lagos and she is in porthercourt.
wat do u realy mean. dat u listen and den get de song instantly? Abeg u funny evin watsapp can snd music nd videos so de big deal?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by OmichaelO: 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
All these bb users are just trying to justify themselves..apart from pinging which is unique to blackberry phones i don't see what other smartphones can not do.
PS: none of y'all should give those crappy talks like it recieves email instantly bla bla...cos many of you bb users don't even you the e-mail thingy...

IMO NOKIA E5 IS BETTER..#shikena
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by temmym4(m): 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
Highbros:

Brov this can be done with ''Whatsapp'' and even better cos it is not limited to just one platform unlike BBM. I received the whole Usher's latest album, ''Looking For Myself'' tracks in mp3 format via whatsapp, and it was sent to me via an Iphone, not just from portharcourt (as u quoted) but from another country.. so i won't really consider your point as a good reason for choosing BB over other platform.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by temmym4(m): 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
The only good point/advantage i've seen so far for a Blackberry device in Nigeria over any other OS is the Unlimited Internet which some of the network offers.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by OmichaelO: 2:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
temmy.m3:
The only good point/advantage i've seen so far for a Blackberry device in Nigeria over any other OS is the Unlimited Internet which some of the network offers.
shikena..that the main reason..but they won't accept

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lets See Your Phone Homescreen / Price, Specs Of Infinix Note 6 In Nigeria / GLO FREEDOM PACK (cheapest Call Rate To All Networks As Low As 12k Per Second)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.