Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Firefox Disable By Virus! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Firefox Disable By Virus! (3609 Views)

Restoring Files And Folders Hidden By Virus / How To Retrieve Your Files From FOLDERS Turned Into SHORTCUTS By VIRUS / How Do I Disable Or Bypass My ISP Firewall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firefox Disable By Virus! by niceuzor: 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2008
Hey Guyz, i need you help on how to get read of this VIRUS that disable Firefox and change the homepage
to www.clip999.com Damn! its Suck my Pc.

WTF. angry
Re: Firefox Disable By Virus! by uspry1(f): 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2008
Answer your questions at below:

[list]
[li]Why you accept downloading unsuspected file from www.clip999.com that automatically change your FireFox homepage without your knowledge of that site is virus attack?[/li]

[li]Have your anti-virus security protection software installed on your PC? If not, then you HAVE MISSED THE OPPORTUNITY having anti-virus security protection to PROMPT YOU a warning dialog about virus attack before download any file/site. [/li]

[li]Did you enable "anti-virus", "spyware", and "anti-phish" FireFox add-on modules to protect your FireFox from virus/hacker attack? (it means to turn modules on or activated)[/li]

[li]Did you get a notification from FireFox prompting you to ask for FireFox update adding new patch downloading to protect from harm attack?[/li]

[li]Google it how to uninstall "www.clip999.com" removing its own toolbar somewhere![/li]
[/list]
Re: Firefox Disable By Virus! by uspry1(f): 7:52pm On Jan 10, 2008
If you are look for anti-virus software, check out the existing Nairaland thread at below:

Best Anti-Virus For Better Protection
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-99212.0.html
Re: Firefox Disable By Virus! by uspry1(f): 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2008
Sexgirl/Clip999 is a malware virus.

Check out how to solve this virus attack at below:

http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/658976-solved-sexy-girl-clip999-firefox.html

You need to install 3 things: SDFix, Spybot and HijackThis software to malware virus removal on Sexgirl/Clip999.com.

Goodluck Niceuzor!
Re: Firefox Disable By Virus! by niceuzor: 9:18pm On Jan 12, 2008
uspry1 - Thanks for Saving my ass from this Damn Virus,
i used the Hijackthis Software and the shit went off. cheesy
Re: Firefox Disable By Virus! by efemena1: 12:29am On Jan 18, 2008
guy what u need is a Mcafee desktop firewall installed on ur system, and the latest Mcafee virus scan. with the firewal, u can simply eliminate the fucking virus, once it tries to execute its self, the firewal will alert u and all u need to do is to deny it. from there u can trace its source and eliminate it.

its simple, to catch a rat, u simply put a barricade all around it and reduce the size of the barricade until u get the rat.

call me on 08055673226, 08068978257. i can give u the latest versions of the firewall and virusscan

xpecting ur call.

efe
Re: Firefox Disable By Virus! by blogtech(m): 10:39am On Jan 18, 2008
Good point!
i suggest you pour the info. here because other people are learning from this thread.
Re: Firefox Disable By Virus! by Onicastro: 6:09am On Jan 25, 2008
Install Firefox to another directory, rename the file to something different from it's default filename.
To remove the malware manually post the name of the files that are running in the task-manager, and also the name of the files in your MSconfig's startup.

C007X.

(1) (Reply)

Neat Dell Latitude E6400 4GB RAM Intel @33k -sold / Configure Starcomms Usb Modem On Linux / What Is The Advantages Of Digital Computer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.