Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:18 PM

Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands (17052 Views)

10 Most Expensive Wrist Watches Nigerians May Have / Funny Things Written On Clothes People Wear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by DukeNija(m): 7:03pm On Sep 14, 2012
I wear mine on my right hand. I prefer it that way. I'm right-handed.
Most people wear theirs on the left. Why do you wear yours on your left. Any reason, or just the bandwagon at play?
Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by ghettodreamz(m): 7:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
I wear mostly on the left because I feel it's comfortable wearing it on that side of the hand besides comfortability considering the fact that i'm a right handed person and I grew up seeing my dad and the elderly people wearing theirs on the left too in most cases, whereas some other people would preferred wearing on right hand, it all boils down to individual likes and interest...
Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by k2039: 7:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
WHAT IS THE CONVECTION
Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by DukeNija(m): 8:24pm On Sep 14, 2012
ghettodreamz: I wear mostly on the left because I feel it's comfortable wearing it on that side of the hand besides comfortability considering the fact that i'm a right handed person and I grew up seeing my dad and the elderly people wearing theirs on the left too in most cases, whereas some other people would preferred wearing on right hand, it all boils down to individual likes and interest...
In otherwords, you got it from ur dad and co. No srious reason
Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by PHCWhiteBoi: 8:01am On Sep 19, 2012
Maybe the reason that right handed people wear their watch on their left hand is cos
they are right handed - so they cannot use their right hand to put it on their right wrist, therefore they use their right hand to put it on their left wrist.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by princysharma90(f): 11:56am On Sep 19, 2012
PHC WhiteBoi: Maybe the reason that right handed people wear their watch on their left hand is cos
they are right handed - so they cannot use their right hand to put it on their right wrist, therefore they use their right hand to put it on their left wrist.

Yes, I think this could be the reason. Well, I also used to wear my watch on the left hand because that's comfortable for me.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by DukeNija(m): 5:15pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ok. But it also Boils down to preference.
Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by wonlasewonimi: 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
You can't set or turn the knob wearing it on the right.
Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by drkay(m): 4:23am On Sep 20, 2012
Am a lefty and I feel more comfortable wearing it on the right. Besides, my dad once told me that majority of world leaders wear it on the right.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by DukeNija(m): 11:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
wonlasewonimi:
You can't set or turn the knob wearing it on the right.

Ok you have a point but I can do those with my left hand
Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by DukeNija(m): 11:45pm On Sep 20, 2012
drkay: Am a lefty and I feel more comfortable wearing it on the right. Besides, my dad once told me that majority of world leaders wear it on the right.
Since you are a lefty its appropriate.
In that case, I'm a world Leader cool
Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by pinkkindy(f): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]
i wear myn on my ryt hand for de fun of it.
Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by CuteDammie: 1:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
princysharma90:

Yes, I think this could be the reason. Well, I also used to wear my watch on the left hand because that's comfortable for me.
. Wa gbayi
Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by beesasha: 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
i wear mine on the right hand too coz ever since i started wearin wristwatch i have been wearin that way...so nw am used to it sometimes i do feel uncomfortable when its on my left hand...
Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by ogtavia(m): 7:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
Duke_Nija: I wear mine on my right hand. I prefer it that way. I'm right-handed.
Most people wear theirs on the left. Why do you wear yours on your left. Any reason, or just the bandwagon at play?

why would i wear a wristwatch on my right hand...looks very odd...i think its ladies who mostly wear wristwatches on d right hand.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 15, 2013
I'm left handed so I wear it on my right hand.

But I do not know why others do so smiley
Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 22, 2013
I'm ambidextrous so I wear mine on either of my wrists depending on how I feel at that moment.
Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2013
undecided No space on the left
Its Stylish and I love it like that kiss
Re: Why Do People Wear Wrist-watches On Their Right Hands by Greatken007(m): 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
it is more conventional wearing it on the LEFT cus it is d best position wen viewing the time and the right hand becomes auxilliary in its operations such as setting the time or date and also for safety purposes since the right hand does most of the work then it is unsafe wearing a wrist watch on that hand

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Can You Wear A Bikini? / Pictures Of Miss Earth Nigeria 2011 - Munachi Uzoma / Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.