Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,500 members, 7,781,511 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:55 PM

A NON-CHRISTIAN Candidate For President Of USA - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A NON-CHRISTIAN Candidate For President Of USA (1183 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Inesqor On The Salvation Of The Non-christian / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A NON-CHRISTIAN Candidate For President Of USA by Ptolomeus(m): 9:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
Robert Jeffress, the evangelical pastor of the First Baptist Church in Dallas, said that Mitt Romney is not a Christian and Mormonism is a cult.

The leader of Texas, told The Christian Post on Friday that Mormonism is not consistent with the historic principles of Christianity and is considered a cult among Christians outlet.

"Evangelical Christians should not vote for Mitt Romney because he is a Mormon, therefore not a true Christian," Jeffress said.

"Historically, evangelical Christianity has not adopted Mormonism as a branch of Christianity. Mormonism has always been treated as a sect. In fact, the Southern Baptist Convention, which is the largest Protestant denomination in the world, officially labeled Mormonism as a cult. Not embrace the historical principles of evangelical Christianity, "said.

Jeffress added, "Mitt Romney is a good man, moral, but that does not make you a Christian."

Jeffress ad on Values ​​Voters Summit plans to vote for Perry, who is an evangelical Christian.

The Baptist minister, who recently gave a lecture on the United States in the "last days," he told CP he expects President Barack Obama wins a second term.

"I think it's a spiritual imperative unseat Barack Obama," said Jeffress. "He is the most pro-abortion, pro-homosexual more history. So if I look at the landscape of the Republican candidates, I think that eventually comes down to a choice between Mitt Romney and Rick Perry, and I think a Christian like Rick Perry sure has a consistent record of conservative values. It is a preferable candidate Mitt Romney. "

Jeffress spoke with CP in September to discuss the sermon series that began on the 10th anniversary of the attacks of 9/11. The sermon was based on a book and has the subtitle "How to make the last days of the United States to be his best day."

At that time, Jeffress spoke of a "wave of immorality" that is sweeping the nation.

"One thing I'll be talking about the series is how Christians should vote," said Jeffress. "John Jay, the first chief justice of the Supreme Court, said:" It is our duty to prefer and select Christians as our leaders. "In the days of the Old Testament, the spiritual direction of the country was led by the king. If [was] a righteous king, the country was blessed by God. If [was] a wicked king, then the nation was cursed by God. "

He added: "In our democracy, we elect our leaders. Although I will not tell our people how to vote in the 2012 election, I will discuss the criteria that every Christian should use to select a candidate for office, including the president. "

Source: ChristianPost.com

IRATE MORMON

Re: A NON-CHRISTIAN Candidate For President Of USA by Callotti: 4:04am On Sep 15, 2012
Yeah yeah yeah. . .yet he has only one wife and 5 children! grin

We also heard OBama Bin Ladin was a MUSLIM from Kenya too! grin
Re: A NON-CHRISTIAN Candidate For President Of USA by Ptolomeus(m): 5:51pm On Sep 17, 2012
Callotti: Yeah yeah yeah. . .yet he has only one wife and 5 children! grin

We also heard OBama Bin Ladin was a MUSLIM from Kenya too! grin
Actually my comment points to explain, that a supposedly Christian country, you may have a president not Christian (Mormon).
I think the Christian community in the U.S. should be worried.
As pesonal, do not think a Christian or a Mormon have big difference, when to invade and kill innocent civilians.
Or if?
Some Christians such as Olaadegbu, wholeheartedly support the Mormon ...
That's hard to understand Tsk tsk!
Re: A NON-CHRISTIAN Candidate For President Of USA by EvilBrain1(m): 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2012
@OP
First of all, America is not a Christian country.

Second, voting for someone solely on the basis of religion is an extremely rétarded thing to do. That's the kind of senseless behaviour that landed Nigeria in this present mess, with our incompetent, but "born again" president Goodluck stumbling from one mistake to the other.

Stop being a dumbáss, and stop encouraging others to be dumbásses.
Re: A NON-CHRISTIAN Candidate For President Of USA by Ptolomeus(m): 9:17pm On Sep 17, 2012
Evil Brain: @OP
First of all, America is not a Christian country.

Second, voting for someone solely on the basis of religion is an extremely rétarded thing to do. That's the kind of senseless behaviour that landed Nigeria in this present mess, with our incompetent, but "born again" president Goodluck stumbling from one mistake to the other.

Stop being a dumbáss, and stop encouraging others to be dumbásses.

Thanks for calling me "id1ot".
Surely you are very intelligent.
Now, Professor ...
USA have been characterized by Christian presidents.
If you read a bit about it, you will see that the common norteamericqano, pay close attention to the religious beliefs of the candidates.
Being a Christian or not, you can define an election in USA.
(Read some Olaadegbu thread and you will understand)
I live in a SECULAR country I no agree with mixing politics with religion, but also works in USA.
I agree with you in that mixing politics with religion hurts, and it's stupid.
As you understand, you're wrong, and I'm not an idiot, nor am I supporting the idiosyncrasies of the people invader and unclean.
I hope the next time you post, think before you.
Nice to meet you.
My respects.
Re: A NON-CHRISTIAN Candidate For President Of USA by ijawkid(m): 9:55pm On Sep 17, 2012
Wether a professed christian rules america or a pagan does is nt my concern.....

World powers and earthly kings are heading for annihilation..........
Re: A NON-CHRISTIAN Candidate For President Of USA by Ptolomeus(m): 10:17pm On Sep 17, 2012
ijawkid: Wether a professed christian rules america or a pagan does is nt my concern.....

World powers and earthly kings are heading for annihilation..........

You really believe that?
Apparently the opposite is happening ...
USA intervenes without control in every conflict, have control of the UN and of the most powerful countries in the Middle East ... Domina; benefits their Jewish friends ... and "punishes bad children"
Guantanamo Bay, where impunity tortrura the eyes of the world is an example ..
Who changed that?
Some god perhaps?
Excuse me my doubt.

(1) (Reply)

Clear Indication Of Christ's Imminent Coming / On Frosb, Muskeet And Moderator Things. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.