Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,454 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

All Scammers Will Get Caught One Day - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / All Scammers Will Get Caught One Day (959 Views)

SCAMMERS YOUR TIME IS OVER! / Scammers On Nairaland / Get An Inverter Today, Don't Get Caught In The Dark! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Scammers Will Get Caught One Day by ogokam: 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2012
Hi all,

My one and only post was in 2010, after I was scammed off N50,000 by one fool named FORTUNE UKA. I trust people easily which I believed was a virtue and not a vice. I called one Daniel guy who claimed to be selling HTC Desire phones on Nairaland but had none in stock. He then connected me to this PETTY SCAMMER. I got a call from a guy named TONY who said that Daniel had given him my number, that I needed a HTC Desire phone which he had in stock. He asked me when I resided and I said Lagos before he stated that he lived in PH and will send the HTC Desire phone to me via ABC, Jibowu. I called Daniel to verify and he confirmed that this TONY was his friend and both of them were in UNIPORT. I insisted on viewing the phone before purchase, only for the TONY to call me one early morning that he had sent the phone to Lagos and once I make the payment into his GTB account, he'll give me the code to collect the phone from ABC. He sent me his bank account details and the name was FORTUNE UKA. i CALLED HIM AND HE CLAIMED HE BORE BOTH NAMES ie. TONY AND FORTUNE. I reasoned that since he went through such stress to send the phone, that cancelling the deal will seem unfair to him but I was really skeptical because he sounded desperate and never ceased calling. One day, a Stella called me from "ABC" transport, Jibowu, that I had a parcel from PH. This guy called me all day to pay him his money since my package had arrived. Due to the stress, I quickly sent my driver to GTB to credit his account with the N50,000. I left my office in Ikoyi, drove to Jibowu, only to be told that there was no parcel for me. I called tONY OR Fortune and he had blocked my calls. Any number I used, immediately he heard my voice, he will switch off and block the line. I called the Stella and she never picked but sent a text that she was not on duty. I called Daniel and he swore that Fortune was genuine and truly based in PH. This same Daniel also blocked my calls. I realized then that I had been CAUGHT IN A SCAMMING QUAGMIRE; that I had been duped by Fortune and Daniel. My first transaction on Nairaland. This happened on the 24th of November, 2010.

I was able to get his GTBank details, his Facebook profile and even verified that he withdraw the money that same day from GTBank, Lawanson branch. They traced him to his school and got his details. He was schooling here in Lagos. I told my guys to hold on and withheld them from confirming if the address he gave to the bank was genuine or not. I sent him warnings on Facebook to peacefully refund my money but he blocked that page also. I took my time and one day, just some few days ago, I struck.

The kind of business I do, I meet a lot of people and I had met his brother. The name struck a chord and used my contacts to verify the relationship and it was confirmed that they are really brothers. The fool even mentioned the brother's name on his FB wall, thinking that I could no longer access his wall and maybe, that I had forgotten about my money. I got the brother involved in the case on Tuesday and by Wednesday, Fortune coughed out my N50k. I did not want to involve the police and EFCC cos the brother is quite known in the social circles.

The name he provided to the bank is : FORTUNE BABATUNDE UKA but HIS REAL NAME IS FORTUNE UKAEGBU. He bears UNDILUTED FORTUNE ON FACEBOOK. He is a bloody petty thief, scamming people on NL, using so many fake names like SEGUN 212, JODY 222 (selling fake jewelry), GILBERTRAL, GODWIN, JAMES 222, WALE, KWAME, JASMINE 101, BAVINFOR4U, PERCEY, BISIOLU197, etc. Am sure he bears so many other names but the main number he uses to perpetuate his evil act is 08083753194. The other numbers are: 08124937794, 07096268404, and other fake numbers. This boy is just a little, scruffy, he-goat lookalike.

I have learnt my lesson on NL and will advise all to BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DEALING WITH THESE DUPES ON NL. DO NOT BUY UNTIL YOU CONFIRM AND VIEW PHYSICALLY. IF POSSIBLE, DO NOT BUY BECAUSE YOU MAY NEVER KNOW WHAT IS INSIDE. ENOUGH OF MY TREATISE, THANKS FOR READING!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: All Scammers Will Get Caught One Day by Odunnu: 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2012
ogokam: Hi all,

My one and only post was in 2010, after I was scammed off N50,000 by one fool named FORTUNE UKA. I trust people easily which I believed was a virtue and not a vice. I called one Daniel guy who claimed to be selling HTC Desire phones on Nairaland but had none in stock. He then connected me to this PETTY SCAMMER. I got a call from a guy named TONY who said that Daniel had given him my number, that I needed a HTC Desire phone which he had in stock. He asked me when I resided and I said Lagos before he stated that he lived in PH and will send the HTC Desire phone to me via ABC, Jibowu. I called Daniel to verify and he confirmed that this TONY was his friend and both of them were in UNIPORT. I insisted on viewing the phone before purchase, only for the TONY to call me one early morning that he had sent the phone to Lagos and once I make the payment into his GTB account, he'll give me the code to collect the phone from ABC. He sent me his bank account details and the name was FORTUNE UKA. i CALLED HIM AND HE CLAIMED HE BORE BOTH NAMES ie. TONY AND FORTUNE. I reasoned that since he went through such stress to send the phone, that cancelling the deal will seem unfair to him but I was really skeptical because he sounded desperate and never ceased calling. One day, a Stella called me from "ABC" transport, Jibowu, that I had a parcel from PH. This guy called me all day to pay him his money since my package had arrived. Due to the stress, I quickly sent my driver to GTB to credit his account with the N50,000. I left my office in Ikoyi, drove to Jibowu, only to be told that there was no parcel for me. I called tONY OR Fortune and he had blocked my calls. Any number I used, immediately he heard my voice, he will switch off and block the line. I called the Stella and she never picked but sent a text that she was not on duty. I called Daniel and he swore that Fortune was genuine and truly based in PH. This same Daniel also blocked my calls. I realized then that I had been CAUGHT IN A SCAMMING QUAGMIRE; that I had been duped by Fortune and Daniel. My first transaction on Nairaland. This happened on the 24th of November, 2010.

I was able to get his GTBank details, his Facebook profile and even verified that he withdraw the money that same day from GTBank, Lawanson branch. They traced him to his school and got his details. He was schooling here in Lagos. I told my guys to hold on and withheld them from confirming if the address he gave to the bank was genuine or not. I sent him warnings on Facebook to peacefully refund my money but he blocked that page also. I took my time and one day, just some few days ago, I struck.

The kind of business I do, I meet a lot of people and I had met his brother. The name struck a chord and used my contacts to verify the relationship and it was confirmed that they are really brothers. The fool even mentioned the brother's name on his FB wall, thinking that I could no longer access his wall and maybe, that I had forgotten about my money. I got the brother involved in the case on Tuesday and by Wednesday, Fortune coughed out my N50k. I did not want to involve the police and EFCC cos the brother is quite known in the social circles.

The name he provided to the bank is : FORTUNE BABATUNDE UKA but HIS REAL NAME IS FORTUNE UKAEGBU. He bears UNDILUTED FORTUNE ON FACEBOOK. He is a bloody petty thief, scamming people on NL, using so many fake names like SEGUN 212, JODY 222 (selling fake jewelry), GILBERTRAL, GODWIN, JAMES 222, WALE, KWAME, JASMINE 101, BAVINFOR4U, PERCEY, BISIOLU197, etc. Am sure he bears so many other names but the main number he uses to perpetuate his evil act is 08083753194. The other numbers are: 08124937794, 07096268404, and other fake numbers. This boy is just a little, scruffy, he-goat lookalike.

I have learnt my lesson on NL and will advise all to BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DEALING WITH THESE DUPES ON NL. DO NOT BUY UNTIL YOU CONFIRM AND VIEW PHYSICALLY. IF POSSIBLE, DO NOT BUY BECAUSE YOU MAY NEVER KNOW WHAT IS INSIDE. ENOUGH OF MY TREATISE, THANKS FOR READING!!!!!!

I would have jumped and clapped for joy but I can only give you the 'thumbs' up. Atleast you got your money back. But ROI was not included. You would have made the 'he-goat lookalike' pay you double as interest! Kai! What arrogance. But you sef eff up small. Anyway, lets leave that side now.
Thank God you got your cash back
Re: All Scammers Will Get Caught One Day by Babalegba(m): 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2012
I'm happy you got your money from the prat but i find it annoying that the clown is using yoruba names to commit his dastardly deeds.
Re: All Scammers Will Get Caught One Day by ogokam: 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2012
Odunnu:
I would have jumped and clapped for joy but I can only give you the 'thumbs' up. Atleast you got your money back. But ROI was not included. You would have made the 'he-goat lookalike' pay you double as interest! Kai! What arrogance. But you sef eff up small. Anyway, lets leave that side now.
Thank God you got your cash back

I don't know what U mean by "...but you sef eff up small." No, I just needed my money. I don't need an extra dime from the Ukaegbus. He couldn't even pay the money. His brother did. The brother was just dumbfounded when he checked NL to view the atrocities Fortune was committing. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE SCAMMER!
Re: All Scammers Will Get Caught One Day by onatisi(m): 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2012
you are a very very lucky man ,someone got scammed in the auto section by one man called ajakaye to the tune of almost 800k he never got his money back
Re: All Scammers Will Get Caught One Day by onatisi(m): 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2012
nairaland.com/977269/pls-mr-okhai-ajakaiye-german007

that is the link to the story ,
Re: All Scammers Will Get Caught One Day by ogokam: 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2012
onatisi: nairaland.com/977269/pls-mr-okhai-ajakaiye-german007

that is the link to the story ,

Really a pathetic story. Am shocked seriously. Is this the way Nigeria will get better?
Re: All Scammers Will Get Caught One Day by onatisi(m): 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2012
ogokam:

Really a pathetic story. Am shocked seriously. Is this the way Nigeria will get better?
naija?get better?ok oooo we dey there
Re: All Scammers Will Get Caught One Day by baslone: 6:06pm On Sep 15, 2012
NL!!!
Re: All Scammers Will Get Caught One Day by double3(m): 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2012
We should all learn from past mistakes if others...never do a deal without physical contact if ur not dealing with a reputable company..happy fo u though
Re: All Scammers Will Get Caught One Day by onatisi(m): 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2012
i have been telling ppl these nairaland is full of all sorts of ppl ,from robbers to kidnappers ,goverment officials ,senators ,govs.bh members ,scammers and u name it.one must be very careful,maybe if that girl cynthia had known this fact maybe she woudnt have trusted the ppl she met n facebook.never meet anyone in from nairaand in their homes or office ,always arrange a meeting in a public place and dont send money to anyone until u have ur goods in sight.dont give anyone ur address.these are some of the rules i have been following on nl

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used Bold 5 (9900/9930) or Torch 2 9810 Urgently Needed In Abuja / All Wit Waranty...torch 1,2,3./ Bold 2.3,4,5,6,/ Curve 2,3,4,7. Cal 08100088334. / MINT 8GB Apple Ipod Nano For Sale @ N17,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.