Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1822540 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by deedrizzie: 12:47am On Jul 21, 2015
Good day all... pls whats "compaction" in Embryology... i guess it occurs within the first two days of Development... but what is it exactly?... and what are it's effects on the formation of the earliest features of the zygote??...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fab001: 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2015

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 0393: 8:09am On Jul 23, 2015
deedrizzie:
Good day all... pls whats "compaction" in Embryology... i guess it occurs within the first two days of Development... but what is it exactly?... and what are it's effects on the formation of the earliest features of the zygote??...

Compaction is the process whereby cells (blastomeres) connect with each other via gap junctions an form a mass of cells with difficult to distinguish outlines which aloows them to communicate effectively as they co stimulate themselves to grow. The inner cells which have a lot of gap junctions are separated from the outer cells by the process.
The inner cells eventually forms the embryo.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Broonoh: 9:55am On Jul 23, 2015
Please am an aspirant wishing to study Medicine at the University of Ibadan. Tell me the journey is not going to be an easy one.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by alaoabiodun(m): 10:06am On Jul 23, 2015
Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Brace up for the challenge!

Broonoh:
Please am an aspirant wishing to study Medicine at the University of Ibadan. Tell me the journey is not going to be an easy one.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 10:07am On Jul 23, 2015
You've already told yourself!
Broonoh:
Don't be surprised when it gets toooooooo difficult for u!
It's what you've said already with your tongue and mind!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by deedrizzie: 11:29am On Jul 23, 2015
0393:

Compaction is the process whereby cells (blastomeres) connect with each other via gap junctions an form a mass of cells with difficult to distinguish outlines which aloows them to communicate effectively as they co stimulate themselves to grow. The inner cells which have a lot of gap junctions are separated from the outer cells by the process.
The inner cells eventually forms the embryo.
thank you very much Sir/Ma...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ngkessy: 2:30pm On Jul 23, 2015
Please dear friends in d house good day, kind assistance pls, I wish to know d probability of getting admission through DE in UNIZIK. Im anIND holder in midwifery. I got good credits in my results. Pls someone help
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ngkessy: 2:31pm On Jul 23, 2015
I did basic midwifery for three yrs n obtained an OND.thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2015
Which course are u opting for?
ngkessy:
I did basic midwifery for three yrs n obtained an OND.thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 25, 2015
ikevin:
very tough o, all Federal sch would not accept, very few state schools I guess accept. Delsu doesn't accept. Very tight, besides I fink the school would consider 2:1 before 2:2.

I chose DELSU as second choice in DE. What are my chances and should I send my transcript now. I have a 2.1 in biochemistry UNIBEN
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 25, 2015
Jamb's latest random selection policy have just robbed me of my chance of UI pume. My dream of becoming a Doctor is threatened. The only shot I have left is UNIBEN direct entry which is very competitive. I'm a B.Sc BCH holder from UNIBEN.

Please I need advice...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 25, 2015
Zellie:
That score isn't poor. I got into UNIBEN medical school with 243 in JAMB and many more got in with even lower scores, although, I don't know how it works in UNN (the calculations and all). Nevertheless, I think a very good score in the post ume can get yo MBBS WITH 240

Doc Zellie, wat do u think are my chances in uniben DE. I'm a great metabolite 2.1 BCH from great uniben. Plus I need ur reply
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by INTROVERT247: 10:12am On Jul 25, 2015
DrVickChuks:
Jamb's latest random selection policy have just robbed me of my chance of UI pume. My dream of becoming a Doctor is threatened. The only shot I have left is UNIBEN direct entry which is very competitive. I'm a B.Sc BCH holder from UNIBEN.

Please I need advice...
Wat's ur score sir and are u eligible?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 25, 2015
INTROVERT247:
Wat's ur score sir and are u eligible?

250 from delta. Not eligible
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by INTROVERT247: 11:13am On Jul 25, 2015
DrVickChuks:

250 from delta. Not eligible
I tink they are still uploading the names,av seen some1 that had 255 same score as me and from the same state ,he was eligible while am not.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by muta1996(m): 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2015
DrVickChuks:

Please I need advice...
the policy affect ui too.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ngkessy: 3:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
simba1:
Which course are u opting for?

I'm going for medicine n surgery it has always been my dream even before I enrolled in midwifery. I wrote jamb dis yr bt my score is threatening me I don't know if dey consider jamb score in DE, bt I'm desperate to study med

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
ngkessy:

I'm going for medicine n surgery it has always been my dream even before I enrolled in midwifery. I wrote jamb dis yr bt my score is threatening me I don't know if dey consider jamb score in DE, bt I'm desperate to study med

They dont consider jamb score in de. I dont know if they write exams for unizik de applicants. That will be what they use to give admission. Also do u have an upper,distinction or lower. I gess dey look at dat. But as for jamb score noo.

Pls i am a de applicant to ui. Ani ui doc in d house, pls i want to know the books the uni med students use in yr2 and also any alternative that can be recommended. Tanx in advance for the expected help
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by amedave(m): 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
DrVickChuks:

I chose DELSU as second choice in DE. What are my chances and should I send my transcript now. I have a 2.1 in biochemistry UNIBEN
Bro sorry to say but either you change your delsu to first choice or forget abt the school, delsu admits very few through de and the school policy on medicine is first choice.......I am a medic there
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ngkessy: 8:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
dearpiriye:

They dont consider jamb score in de. I dont know if they write exams for unizik de applicants. That will be what they use to give admission. Also do u have an upper,distinction or lower. I gess dey look at dat. But as for jamb score noo.

Pls i am a de applicant to ui. Ani ui doc in d house, pls i want to know the books the uni med students use in yr2 and also any alternative that can be recommended. Tanx in advance for the expected help

Thanx a lot

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jetson: 1:50pm On Jul 26, 2015
Please, you guys should tell me if there's any
unique way to login. Because I'd been trying
to login through my phone but it's returning back
to the login-page without any message displayed.

Besides, Is there any MBBS aspirant that has
logged in successfully? ↖(^ω^)↗↖(^ω^)↗↖(^ω^)↗
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 27, 2015
amedave:
Bro sorry to say but either you change your delsu to first choice or forget abt the school, delsu admits very few through de and the school policy on medicine is first choice.......I am a medic there

Noted.. Thanks

I rather stick to my first choice Uniben Dan give it up, cos I finished from there. Let me face my books and pray fervently. I'm convinced that I will become a medical student thus year... No doubt!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
UNIZIK CONDUCTS POSTD.E FOR D.E CANDIDATES
ngkessy:

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2015
Mehn! I love seeing this graduates who still go further!
God bless u, and make ur wishes come true, amen!
DrVickChuks:

Noted.. Thanks

I rather stick to my first choice Uniben Dan give it up, cos I finished from there. Let me face my books and pray fervently. I'm convinced that I will become a medical student thus year... No doubt!!!

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
simba1:
Mehn! I love seeing this graduates who still go further!
God bless u, and make ur wishes come true, amen!
boss are you applying to lasu via DE? send your number lemme add you on whatsapp
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
No I'm not.
Millex:

boss are you applying to lasu via DE? send your number lemme add you on whatsapp
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by obuksjr(m): 4:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
DrVickChuks:

Please I need advice...
The best you can do to get into UNIBEN medicine via DE is to nail the entrance exam which your target must be at least 75/100 to guarantee you a place.It is highly competitive and they don't take more than 8-10 among hundreds that will come for the exam.Good luck...

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
Please is there anyone one from Ebony State University here,I need ur MCQ past questions for 1st In course 200lvl. I will appreciate if u send to me

Mail to mmaquills@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donriddo(m): 9:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
DrVickChuks:

Please I need advice...
Go for your registration. The policy has been cancelled.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by humbleemon: 5:37am On Jul 31, 2015
[quote author=goodman3 post=12196958]Hi am a medical student in ESUT....i'll resume with them in november! I'm looking foward to the experience. @op pls hint us on what to expect as medical students. @wazzidon what are the challenges ure facing as a medical student?[/quote

I knew by these time u must have been a student. I need ur assistance ugentily am an aspirant. Add me up. 08135560616

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: mete3 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.