Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1821388 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 4:13am On Apr 09, 2016
OneTruePrince:
Medical doctors .... 80% of d doctors, students and aspirants in NIGERIA 2day didn't study or want to study medicine because they give a damn about people health or life... They just let wanted 2 study medicine because:
1. Parental and environmental pressure
2. Respect they get from people (though not really from me I.e if u don't deserve it)
3. Money

Parents from birth talk dier children into becoming doctors.. 4 way? ... Just to show off or brag...
Parents of d olden days believe d only course u study in d university are:
1. Medicine
2. Law
3. Pharmacy
4. Nursing
5. Engineering
6. Accounting

They are not well informed about how d medical career really is.. Wouldn't blame dem.. They want wat is best 4 dier child...

My question is medicine d only course dat brings respect? Money? And oda blah blah.....

That's y I like d white world... Deir kids study wat dey love and still mk in very well in life....

Luk at d jamb applicants every year wat does DAT tell u? ...

Every course has a angle that brings in money ... Its all abt ideaidea THINK

The whites luk at doctors lyk .. "Hey hez a doctor .. U only Eva go to wen u are sick or need check up" nothing interesting abt his job... People in dat Field really want to save people's lives... Dey don't over luk dem lyk in Nigeria here... Just a piece of ADVICE ...

Yes sir, we've heard u, nothing interesting abt the job of saving life, besides I think this forum is meant for positive minded men, nevertheless, Confused niggas fell in sometimes thou.

Very funny wen dummies who bleeped up in jamb take ur writeup as an excuse to console there taught. Nothing we no go hear. hmm
,u ur not informed , just check for urself the course with the highest applicant in united state and close white countries. people can make false lies against the white sha. anyway

less I forget, what dept are u, maybe people like sir lagusta and some Medic Men here have missed it by thinking medicine ( saving life)is an interesting job and can take the next jamb form for probably ur dept or something else.

See his Head,

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 8:07am On Apr 09, 2016
Good morning dearest colleagues.
So I got the Medic Of The Week Award and i felt like sharing the joy with you guys.
please do well to flood the page with likes and shares.
I am counting on YOU.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=478134585714699&substory_index=0&id=456642854530539

Medic of the week.

7 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 09, 2016
Drguzzykola:

Yes sir, we've heard u, nothing interesting abt the job of saving life, besides I think this forum is meant for positive minded men, nevertheless, Confused niggas fell in sometimes thou.

Very funny wen dummies who bleeped up in jamb take ur writeup as an excuse to console there taught. Nothing we no go hear. hmm
,u ur not informed , just check for urself the course with the highest applicant in united state and close white countries. people can make false lies against the white sha. anyway

less I forget, what dept are u, maybe people like sir lagusta and some Medic Men here have missed it by thinking medicine ( saving life)is an interesting job and can take the next jamb form for probably ur dept or something else.

See his Head,
AhAh undecided bros y u so cooked up... Didn't u c ur friend milex grin no need 2 b angry na... Ar u d only 1 dat read it sad
D advice wuz 4 dose it was meant 4... Its clear u are a dull 1... U can't even control ur emotions... U just had to let it out did u... I will ignore u... D truth always hurts wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 10:29am On Apr 09, 2016
OneTruePrince:

AhAh undecided bros y u so cooked up... Didn't u c ur friend milex grin no need 2 b angry na... Ar u d only 1 dat read it sad
D advice wuz 4 dose it was meant 4... Its clear u are a dull 1... U can't even control ur emotions... U just had to let it out did u... I will ignore u... D truth always hurts wink
Why can't you mind your business and stop derailing this beautiful thread. Isn't it obvious that the poo you shared initially made no sense to anyone. I'm still trying to understand the reason why you're pained this much. What ever reason anyone has for studying medicine is absolutely his/her business, you don't have any right to advice anybody.
just get a life, move on and stop making yourself appear more stupid than you are.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by walleygee01: 11:04am On Apr 09, 2016
Drguzzykola:

See his Head,

Guy... nice reply!!! Millex cool mature mind display. thumbs up

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by gameboi: 12:19pm On Apr 09, 2016
Penboy:
Guys, please i need your review on the following books:
A) physiology
Guyton vs Sembulingan
the two complement themselves very well. You should have both

B) Embryology
Saddler vs Developing young.
I'd give it to Keith Moore's developing human. I regret buying saddler till today

C) Biochemistry
Linnpicott vs harpers.
Harper's biochemistry is preferrable

D) histology
Junqueira vs inderbir singh
Thank you.
have you ever heard of "Wheater's functional Histology"? It shows slides with several staining techniques and from different angles, it has wow! 3D images plus it's simple to understand. With the book, you don't read texts, You read slides. That book moves STUFFS. The other two you mentioned don't match it .
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
Drguzzykola:

See his Head,
The guy actually said the truth but he wasn't constructive enough.he was a bit childish.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Penboy: 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2016
gameboi:
thanks bro. But regarding that wheaters hidtology, someone
Said it's just an atlas. How true?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 4:18pm On Apr 09, 2016
[quote author=Penboy post=44552559][/quote] It is not just an atlas. It is a text and atlas.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 09, 2016
charleymed:
Why can't you mind your business and stop derailing this beautiful thread. Isn't it obvious that the poo you shared initially made no sense to anyone. I'm still trying to understand the reason why you're pained this much. What ever reason anyone has for studying medicine is absolutely his/her business, you don't have any right to advice anybody.
just get a life, move on and stop making yourself appear more stupid than you are.

Bros c me oo shocked y I am pained? Lol grin ... Dude u are taking dis far ooo... Am not beefing any 1 and not trying 2 discourage any 1 either... It made no sense? To u of course .. U are a dummie na tongue... It was just a post I put to think abt and to who it may concern sad .. Does it concern u? Well am really wondering y u kip on coming up ranting nonsense... My bro be kul 4 once and pass by cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
Drdonzeez:
The guy actually said the truth but he wasn't constructive enough.he was a bit childish.
My broda I try oo... 2 mk it easy and not 2 lengthy cry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benwilson(m): 11:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
MissParagon:

am currently a medical student, admitted through direct entry. I took De form before serving, they didn't ask for my NYSC certificate. am in Unizik but some other school will ask for ur NYSC certificate so you just need to research well. you will HV higher admission chance in the school you graduated from. unizik takes first class student from other schools and also those with extremely good waec result. . as for the nuc directive I seriously doubt if it would work.

MissParagon pls can u tell us (the 2016 aspirants) what the direct entry exam was like? Things like subject combinations, time allocated, no of questions etc.
Also do u still have the past questions u used to prepare for the exam. If u still do, can u forward to my email please? My email is benatuchukwu@gmail.com
Thank u dear
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by comfort48: 9:33am On Apr 10, 2016
pls can one join business with medical school. am a 100l medic but want to join business for financial reason. pls has anyone done it successfully? or is it a wrong decision.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2016
comfort48:
pls can one join business with medical school. am a 100l medic but want to join business for financial reason. pls has anyone done it successfully? or is it a wrong decision.
You can, I know a couple of guys running businesses, modelling, fashion designing, etc and doing well.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 4:11pm On Apr 10, 2016
OneTruePrince:

It's Millex, thank you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drsamking: 6:49pm On Apr 10, 2016
pls o I am an aspirant of uniben and I want to study medicine and surgery but I scored 236 in my jamb am I good to Go for the post ume
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 10, 2016
Millex:

It's Millex, thank you.
OK undecided Millex
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 8:20pm On Apr 10, 2016
OneTruePrince:

OK undecided Millex
wink cheers.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by angiography(m): 6:06am On Apr 11, 2016
OneTruePrince:

OK undecided Millex

I think you should leave these guys alone. They're just childish and well acting disappointingly. whatever happened to reading the piece and move on if u don't understand them.

the fact still remains the nma wouldn't index more than around 3000 medical students in year two despite circa 300,000 applicants every year.

and as you've rightly said, many-a-people chooses medicine outta ignorance.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 11, 2016
Millex:

I guess it would be better if they worked together together cus there's bones and nervous tissue in spines

Sure... They do normally work together. Most complex surgeries accommodate a team of surgeons and nurses from fields relating to the case.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2016
Why Medicine has been a really tough question to answer. Any help?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
angiography:

I think you should leave these guys alone. They're just childish and well acting disappointingly. whatever happened to reading the piece and move on if u don't understand them.

the fact still remains the nma wouldn't index more than around 3000 medical students in year two despite circa 300,000 applicants every year.

and as you've rightly said, many-a-people chooses medicine outta ignorance.

Tanks bro... wink sum will let pride and love 4 medicine guide dier thoughts 2wards dix post... undecided its worth thinking about... smiley let our generation b different... cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 7:19pm On Apr 11, 2016
If you love it, then it's worth chasing.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
Ya if u love it den go 4 it... Bt d problem is majority of us are being influenced 1 way or d other.. Our attention is being diverted away from wat it really is about... The care, the love 4 for ones health and recovery, affection and all of dat cry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 10:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
OneTruePrince:
Ya if u love it den go 4 it... Bt d problem is majority of us are being influenced 1 way or d other.. Our attention is being diverted away from wat it really is about... The care, the love 4 for ones health and recovery, affection and all of dat cry
The question I try to ask myself daily is, if medicine was like any other career choice without all the efizy or esteem given, it was just any other career that society doesn't give esteem would I still like it?
I guess that should help getting priorities right, .

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 12, 2016
Millex:

The question I try to ask myself daily is, if medicine was like any other career choice without all the efizy or esteem given, it was just any other career that society doesn't give esteem would I still like it?
I guess that should help getting priorities right, .
Dats true bro... Pipo are just diving in.. Nd d jobs are not available unless u want 2 work and earn little salary
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benwilson(m): 8:16am On Apr 14, 2016
Unizik 2016/2017 direct entry applicants. Lets meet at www.nairaland.com/3042490/unizik-direct-entry-aspirants-2016
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lebienconnu: 10:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
Hi colleagues,

Please rejoice with me. Precisely, on the 23 March, 2016 after the meeting of the examiners board in my school bordering on the then just concluded part three MB, I was considered proficient enough in the basic medical sciences and rewarded with promotion to part 4. You guys know what that means. I have crossed over to the clinicals where we get to apply all we have been learning in Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Biochemistry. The battle was really bloody.

While I advise my juniors to keep the candles burning I am also calling on my seniors to aid me with words of advice that will facilitate my journey through the impending task which I know is herculean.
To all medical aspirants, I want to say medicine is really worth it. Aspire to acquire what you desire. Do not give in to the people that discourage. The truth is that they have burning passion for medicine but they believe it's beyond their reach. Move with people that share your passion or appreciate it. This will positively reinforce your actions and the probability of success will be augmented. To survive in the college, positive reinforcers are both invaluable and indispensable.

Stay away from people with badbelleistic tendencies. They are your worst enemies. Listen to them :
"I know a doctor, he is my sister's brother's uncle nephew. He is so poor he can't even pay his children school fees"
Imagine hearing this when preparing for almighty Anatomy in part three MB. Your spirit might be weakened and this might be detrimental to your performance.

To my colleagues in UI preparing (or has it started?) for the part three MB (battle, rather) I unleash you. Let out a loud roar and strike them dead with no mercy and come back with positive results, no excuse. Although, your MB is child's play compared to that of the Jerusalem of Struggle and Mecca of Military where I am, fortunately and unfortunately, destined to be.

Greateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest ife.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 11:55pm On Apr 15, 2016
lebienconnu:
Hi colleagues,

Please rejoice with me. Precisely, on the 23 March, 2016 after the meeting of the examiners board in my school bordering on the then just concluded part three MB, I was considered proficient enough in the basic medical sciences and rewarded with promotion to part 4. You guys know what that means. I have crossed over to the clinicals where we get to apply all we have been learning in Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Biochemistry. The battle was really bloody.

While I advise my juniors to keep the candles burning I am also calling on my seniors to aid me with words of advice that will facilitate my journey through the impending task which I know is herculean.
To all medical aspirants, I want to say medicine is really worth it. Aspire to acquire what you desire. Do not give in to the people that discourage. The truth is that they have burning passion for medicine but they believe it's beyond their reach. Move with people that share your passion or appreciate it. This will positively reinforce your actions and the probability of success will be augmented. To survive in the college, positive reinforcers are both invaluable and indispensable.

Stay away from people with badbelleistic tendencies. They are your worst enemies. Listen to them :
"I know a doctor, he is my sister's brother's uncle nephew. He is so poor he can't even pay his children school fees"
Imagine hearing this when preparing for almighty Anatomy in part three MB. Your spirit might be weakened and this might be detrimental to your performance.

To my colleagues in UI preparing (or has it started?) for the part three MB (battle, rather) I unleash you. Let out a loud roar and strike them dead with no mercy and come back with positive results, no excuse. Although, your MB is child's play compared to that of the Jerusalem of Struggle and Mecca of Military where I am, fortunately and unfortunately, destined to be.

Greateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest ife.

Congrats bro, I am just starting my journey come next year, these words gave me the boost I needed.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rexceedo: 5:34pm On Apr 16, 2016
Sometimes I try to focus on my business or other tins just to curtail my passion for medicine... But sadly, I couldn't.

Sometime I just feel like fast-forwarding the clock.... But unfortunately, Its impossible. I'm left with no other option than to draw solace from medical sites and journals- I'll still get there!
#Aspirant

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
Rexceedo:
Sometimes I try to focus on my business or other tins just to curtail my passion for medicine... But sadly, I couldn't.

Sometime I just feel like fast-forwarding the clock.... But unfortunately, Its impossible. I'm left with no other option than to draw solace from medical sites and journals- I'll still get there!
#Aspirant
Nice.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
I scored 239 in my jamb, now that i'm preparing for my postume in Ui, the problem is that i really need to study smart in order to make 80+ buh don't know the right materials to study. Mentors in the field i'm in anticipation for your helping hands o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.