Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1822766 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 9:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
Emzybrown:
ofcourse you can be admitted into med lab via direct entry using slt ond,am a final year medical laboratory scientist and am proud of my future profession as the bedrock of modern medicine .

Can you please explain the bolded
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ibro4peak: 10:17pm On Feb 26, 2013
2 Dr.lagusta,gud evening sir.pls I want 2 ask my chances in unilorin as I want 2 choose unilorin as 1st nd second choice and going 4 medicine with o'level of dis grades.physics b3,geography b3 and d rest c parallel.although I am curently in unilorin in xmstry dept.pls I need ur advice as I am die hard passionate 4 d course.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:15pm On Feb 26, 2013
Ibro4peak: 2 Dr.lagusta,gud evening sir.pls I want 2 ask my chances in unilorin as I want 2 choose unilorin as 1st nd second choice and going 4 medicine with o'level of dis grades.physics b3,geography b3 and d rest c parallel.although I am curently in unilorin in xmstry dept.pls I need ur advice as I am die hard passionate 4 d course.

Please just score 240 jamb and about 70 postjamb, then pray hard and get connected, that's it boss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
lomaxx:

Can you please explain the bolded
aww doc ,guess you want me to expantiate what i mean by mls being the bedrock of modern medicine.
By bedrock i mean medical laboratory science is the solid rock,foundation of 21st century medicine,in global medical pratice lately evidence base medical pratice is ideal.a hospital cant function without the laboratory where diagnosis are made while sometimes we make prognosis and maybe advice the doctor on effective antibiotics and dosage to use for overall treatment,we can also assay the conc of drug in biological fluid to ascertain efficacy of drug or cases of overdosage.a doc treating a patient witout lab diagnosis is doing so out of biasness cos many health problems have same or similar symptoms n sign,i dnt think a doc can prescribe treatment plan by just analysing the patient base on clinical signs n symptoms,vital statistic or experience without consulting the lab,with this few point i think its enough to convince you that med lab science is the bedrock of modern medicine,meanwhile am nt demeaning great doctors regardless of whatever organogram they are stil the head in overall patient care.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ayodeji752: 6:43am On Feb 27, 2013
@all,pls which one is beta medical lab science or physiotherapy?as per d availability of jobs after schl,job satisfaction,d pay,d respect etc pls air ur views
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 27, 2013
ayodeji752: @all,pls which one is beta medical lab science or physiotherapy?as per d availability of jobs after schl,job satisfaction,d pay,d respect etc pls air ur views
to me sir,its nt gud to choose a course....no,no,no,lemme say ,its nt gud to choose ur lifetime profession based on all those criteria u wrote,its a bad approach...
I fink u should choose d one ur heart really desires..choosing a course/profession for money,respect,etc is nonsense to me sir....

I fink u should go and study d bases of d courses and choose one dat u really have interest in.......both courses r very good anyways!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ayodeji752: 7:31am On Feb 27, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
to me sir,its nt gud to choose a course....no,no,no,lemme say ,its nt gud to choose ur lifetime profession based on all those criteria u wrote,its a bad approach...
I fink u should choose d one ur heart really desires..choosing a course/profession for money,respect,etc is nonsense to me sir....

I fink u should go and study d bases of d courses and choose one dat u really have interest in.......both courses r very good anyways!!
it's nt abt me but a cousin of mine.dont let us decieve ourselves,no nigerian is going for a course primarily because of d passion but d pay,respect,job satisfactn etc why are medical doctors leavin hospitals for telecom companies?why are nigeria doctors leavin d country for america and europe?why are nigeria doctors always go on strike to demand a beta pay?why are some doctors insist on no money no operatn even if d patients are dying?if it is anounced 2day dat any medical doctors in d country wont earn more dan 50k monthly wil u stil be in d profession?pls advice d litu girl to choose d beta option cos she was offered both courses in unilag and oau
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:41am On Feb 27, 2013
ayodeji752: it's nt abt me but a cousin of mine.dont let us decieve ourselves,no nigerian is going for a course primarily because of d passion but d pay,respect,job satisfactn etc why are medical doctors leavin hospitals for telecom companies?why are nigeria doctors leavin d country for america and europe?why are nigeria doctors always go on strike to demand a beta pay?why are some doctors insist on no money no operatn even if d patients are dying?if it is anounced 2day dat any medical doctors in d country wont earn more dan 50k monthly wil u stil be in d profession?pls advice d litu girl to choose d beta option cos she was offered both courses in unilag and oau

You see, this is the problem with this country.....

If there were many job opportunities, research labs, etc, why would a microbiology graduate work in a bank

Nowadays, the typical nigerian mentality is MONEY DRIVEN, no money, no hope, so guyz want to get rich quick, even kill themselves cos of money...

I am not saying money is bad, but too much of it is even worse, if a doc is going for the course because of money, he will never be fulfilled...

Well, both mls and physio have good future prospects, oney, comfort and all, just tell your cuz to choose the one that'll suit her well.....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 27, 2013
@ayodeji752, both courses are great but if I were to be in her shoes, i'll go for physiotherapy! Dt's wot I wld do....nd yes, you av a good point. GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ayodeji752: 10:01am On Feb 27, 2013
Lagusta:

You see, this is the problem with this country.....

If there were many job opportunities, research labs, etc, why would a microbiology graduate work in a bank

Nowadays, the typical nigerian mentality is MONEY DRIVEN, no money, no hope, so guyz want to get rich quick, even kill themselves cos of money...

I am not saying money is bad, but too much of it is even worse, if a doc is going for the course because of money, he will never be fulfilled...

Well, both mls and physio have good future prospects, oney, comfort and all, just tell your cuz to choose the one that'll suit her well.....
prefered profession+9s pay+job satisfactn+gud work condition+contentment etc =fulfillment.no one wil go for a course dat d salary after schl is 5k per month in d of fulfillment.not even in america or europe.d highest numba candidates applyin for admissn in america every year is in medicin,accountin,nursing,pharmacy,dentistry etc wot do u think is d reason,fulfillment or d beta pay?most africans,asians and europeans drop their profession for nursin schl in america wot do u think is d reason,fulfillment or d pay?wil u reject an offer to practise as a medical doctor in america or uk?why wil u accept it,fulfillment?i read abt a nigerian law who has bin practisin for 15yrs b4 migratin to america but she left law professn for nursin schl wot do u think is d reason,fulfillment?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gleefreak125(m): 3:50pm On Feb 27, 2013
Emzybrown:
ofcourse you can be admitted into med lab via direct entry using slt ond,am a final year medical laboratory scientist and am proud of my future profession as the bedrock of modern medicine.
Well done boss, which skul is dat, were u also a DE student? Thanks alot. I've jst bin so confused on d skuls 2 choose cos I've not goten enof info abt d acceptance of SLT 4 MLS.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2013
Emzybrown:
aww doc ,guess you want me to expantiate what i mean by mls being the bedrock of modern medicine.
By bedrock i mean medical laboratory science is the solid rock,foundation of 21st century medicine,in global medical pratice lately evidence base medical pratice is ideal.a hospital cant function without the laboratory where diagnosis are made while sometimes we make prognosis and maybe advice the doctor on effective antibiotics and dosage to use for overall treatment,we can also assay the conc of drug in biological fluid to ascertain efficacy of drug or cases of overdosage.a doc treating a patient witout lab diagnosis is doing so out of biasness cos many health problems have same or similar symptoms n sign,i dnt think a doc can prescribe treatment plan by just analysing the patient base on clinical signs n symptoms,vital statistic or experience without consulting the lab,with this few point i think its enough to convince you that med lab science is the bedrock of modern medicine,meanwhile am nt demeaning great doctors regardless of whatever organogram they are stil the head in overall patient care.
You have made your point. These days, every field claim to be the solid foundation of modern medicine. The medical laboratory is a necessary necessity in management of patients. My problem with Nigerian medical labs is their supposed indifference to new methodologies and criteria in helping the physicians in the quest for a more rational diagnosis at a lesser cost for the patient.
Also, another issue worthy of note is the "traditional" approach of medical lab science practise in Nigeria to career developments of the practising scientists. I have a classmate who left mls practise to study medicine because it was made evident to her that no matter the number of added qualifications she might possess later on in her career, the "traditional" way of doing things will still hold.
I still believe in the future of the Nigerian healthcare system. And i have so much respect for medical lab scientists. Patient management isnt comlete without the medial laboratory!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 6:57pm On Feb 27, 2013
ayodeji752: @all,pls which one is beta medical lab science or physiotherapy?as per d availability of jobs after schl,job satisfaction,d pay,d respect etc pls air ur views

Physiotherapy and MLS- two very distant cousins. But then - I vote Physiotherapy.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hey, why are u guyz voting physiotherapy nah, me I like mls ooo

In fact I won't mind specializing in hematology oooo

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 7:29pm On Feb 27, 2013
labodinho: kul,kan i ve yur 2go or fbk id,ve lot to discuss cos i gat qustnz on ui..
alright. www.facebook.com/tolu4christ i'm nt on 2go.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hello everyone, it has been a long time + I have been sooo busy too... My 'online-social-life' is almost becoming non-existent lol..

@SirLagusta congrats on your surgery exam results, I guess its true what they say about medical school 'you never really know until you see the results smiley '
Your final exams will be awesome insha Allah.

@Unilag peeps I have missed you all 'Aliandro and co' , you are all going to cross over to Idi-Araba by God's grace.Abeg no 'overburn' the midnight candle oo, you must to remain enough to burn in med school..

@Tolu-k , I'm a medical student in UI too, hope to meet you one of these days tho..

@all Jambites, whatever school you are going to choose, make sure you have adequate information about such school. Information truely is power and pray to God to lead you too, it is very important.

@other medics(part1 and 2), hope y'all have applied for 'Agbami Scholarship' its closing on march 4 so pls hurry cheesy cheesy cheesy..

@other medics keeping this thread alive, 'alutacontinua, lonnax, O.M.E,...... and co' thanks oo May God see us all through 'this' which we have laid our hands upon and grant us all that desirable future which we so much crave. Amin.

Cheers!!! smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 8:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
oluafolabi: Hello everyone, it has been a long time + I have been sooo busy too... My 'online-social-life' is almost becoming non-existent lol..

@SirLagusta congrats on your surgery exam results, I guess its true what they say about medical school 'you never really know until you see the results smiley '
Your final exams will be awesome insha Allah.

@Unilag peeps I have missed you all 'Aliandro and co' , you are all going to cross over to Idi-Araba by God's grace.Abeg no 'overburn' the midnight candle oo, you must to remain enough to burn in med school..

@Tolu-k , I'm a medical student in UI too, hope to meet you one of these days tho..

@all Jambites, whatever school you are going to choose, make sure you have adequate information about such school. Information truely is power and pray to God to lead you too, it is very important.

@other medics(part1 and 2), hope y'all have applied for 'Agbami Scholarship' its closing on march 4 so pls hurry cheesy cheesy cheesy..

@other medics keeping this thread alive, 'alutacontinua, lonnax, O.M.E,...... and co' thanks oo May God see us all through 'this' which we have laid our hands upon and grant us all that desirable future which we so much crave. Amin.

Cheers!!! smiley smiley smiley
pls can sm1 from osun state applied 4 Agbami schlshp
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 27, 2013
Gleefreak125:
Well done boss, which skul is dat, were u also a DE student? Thanks alot. I've jst bin so confused on d skuls 2 choose cos I've not goten enof info abt d acceptance of SLT 4 MLS.
yes sir thanks,schools like ebsu,unizik,unn,madona,rust,imsu,unical they accept students through DE,when i was in 200level we got many De students and even transfer students joining us from other schools,thou it involves lots of man no man as in connection for that to be easy process.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ibro4peak: 7:13am On Feb 28, 2013
Lagusta:

Please just score 240 jamb and about 70 postjamb, then pray hard and get connected, that's it boss
tanqs,it's a blessng 2 know ppl like u
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 01, 2013
Happy new month to all professionals in the house
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 01, 2013
Emzybrown:
test result dnt make diagnosis... It confirms d diagnosis or rule it out....

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 01, 2013
Well done medics.....
Pls do we have any of our medics here 4rm a caribbean medical school??...if yes!...pls i really need ur help on some thing...wanna ask some questions...and i need it as fast as possible...pls drop ur e-mail so dat i can contact u or better still tell me any other way i can reach u..thanx in advance
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
Thank God.....
Goin thru posts on d thread 4rm page one,i found out that alutacontinua is a medical student in the carribean....
Pls ma,i really need ur help,wanna clarify some things....
Did u do d pre med stuff b4 u started ur MD programme?...are medical students in d carribean allowed to work on part time basis?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 01, 2013
Thank God.....
Goin thru posts on d thread 4rm page one,i found out that alutacontinua is a medical student in the carribean....
Did u do d pre med stuff b4 u started ur MD programme?...are medical students in d carribean allowed to work on part time basis?....
Pls i count on u ma...God bless u as u help me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 01, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Thank God.....
Did u do d pre med stuff b4 u started ur MD programme?...are medical students in d carribean allowed to work on part time basis?....
Pls i count on u ma...God bless u as u help me

drop ur mail and i'll send u a msg to answer ur questions. also, i could add you on yahoomail.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 01, 2013
alutacontinua:

drop ur mail and i'll send u a msg to answer ur questions. also, i could add you on yahoomail.
hesjay001@gmail.com..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Idyllic: 3:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
Idyllic: Sir Lagusta, thank you for my previous questions about Residency you answered. Please I would like to know how much SENIOR REG DOCTORS AND JUNIOR REG DOCTORS RESPECTIVELY are presently earning in Nigeria. Pls others that have an idea about this should comment. I urgently need to know. Thanks.

Wooow, sorry I can't disclose that here in a public forum.......

But you can add me on 2go, whatsapp, BBM, and I'll give u a lowdowm!!! wink wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Flashaldrin(m): 12:00am On Mar 03, 2013
nice thing you guys have here. I'm a medical student too. Waddup everyone??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 03, 2013
Flashaldrin: nice thing you guys have here. I'm a medical student too. Waddup everyone??

we're doing great. Nice to av u here with us. Which school and level?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Flashaldrin(m): 6:40am On Mar 03, 2013
alutacontinua:

we're doing great. Nice to av u here with us. Which school and level?
500l though this is my 6th year. Delayed by strike finz. Watabout you?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Idyllic: 7:58am On Mar 03, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.