Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1818453 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (904) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Godlight: 4:00am On Mar 21, 2018
Benjax:
PLEASE SENIORS, help me out.

UTME result is finally out and I scored 279. I'm from Anambra state.

Which among these universities can I get Dentistry easily. Viz: UNICAL,UNN,UI,UNIBEN? (or you suggest with reason if you can though I can't afford huge resources).

I chose UNICAL for medicine but intends changing cos I tried it last year with 274 yet it didn't work 'cos of PUTME score of 250.

Please guild me aright. I want to give testimony this year.
UNN has got ur catchment. Don't waste that 279
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kingjms010(m): 7:30am On Mar 21, 2018
Pls, with 257, Can I still get medicine at OAU or should I change to Medical Rehab or still, change to LAUTECH for Medicine?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by rasaquadri: 7:34am On Mar 21, 2018
Unilag MBBs students just help we UNILAG MBBS aspirants with post utme orientation and past questions
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bobola07(m): 7:41am On Mar 21, 2018
Benjax:
PLEASE SENIORS, help me out.

UTME result is finally out and I scored 279. I'm from Anambra state.

Which among these universities can I get Dentistry easily. Viz: UNICAL,UNN,UI,UNIBEN? (or you suggest with reason if you can though I can't afford huge resources).

I chose UNICAL for medicine but intends changing cos I tried it last year with 274 yet it didn't work 'cos of PUTME score of 250.

Please guild me aright. I want to give testimony this year.

You have good choices, however you might want to consider some factors

1. if it's about catchment, UNN is probably the best choice for you..lemme bring in ISISs to contribute. he's from UNN, dentistry 100L.

2. unical is also fine, but I have issues with how they admit way beyond their stipulated quota, just like UNN too. Mdcn quota is 15 for each but unical has about 80+ students while unn has about 150+ students in 100L dentistry.

Prophylactic, come and give this guy advice.

3. I'm not sure of Uniben's criteria for admission, but they strictly follow their quota which is 25. So you should know that you're gonna face some competition.

4. Last year, UIs dentistry cutoff was 66.25
Can't say for this year. however, with a 65% score in postume coupled with your jamb score, you successfully beat that last year cutoff. Now, UI doesn't use catchment. either you're admitted via merit or ELDS. Note that UI admits not more than 27 from UTME. If you need more info, you can DM me. Let me also mention Dokitadave. He can drop some suggestions.

May God lead you right.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bobola07(m): 7:42am On Mar 21, 2018
kingjms010:
Pls, with 257, Can I still get medicine at OAU or should I change to Medical Rehab or still, change to LAUTECH for Medicine?

what was MBBS cutoff at oau last year
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Orezy5(m): 7:45am On Mar 21, 2018
Bobola07:

what was MBBS cutoff at oau last year
76%
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by flexcalvin: 8:23am On Mar 21, 2018
Katun001:
friends my score in the ongoing jamb is 272 I applied for med surgery in the ABU Zaria pls can someone tell me what are my chance of getting this course?
Katun001:
friends my score in the ongoing jamb is 272 I applied for med surgery in the ABU Zaria pls can someone tell me what are my chance of getting this course?
....Dr XLOW is at best position to answer this question.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ebithayo: 9:48am On Mar 21, 2018
Scored 309 in this year utme, preparation for postutme starting asap. Picked OAU dentistry. Missed out of last year admission by 1.5 score despite scoring 299 in Utme.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Princesscherry(f): 9:56am On Mar 21, 2018
Ebithayo:
Scored 309 in this year utme, preparation for postutme starting asap. Picked OAU dentistry. Missed out of last year admission by 1.5 score despite scoring 299 in Utme.
Ur Own Beta, I Got 269.. I'm Still Contemplating On Wat To Do
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ebithayo: 10:00am On Mar 21, 2018
Choose a university with your catchment area and study hard for your postutme.
Princesscherry:
Ur Own Beta, I Got 269.. I'm Still Contemplating On Wat To Do
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aerozac(m): 10:14am On Mar 21, 2018
Great medics and aspirants I need your suggestions
My brother has been trying to join this league for years now
last year with an average of 282 couldn't secure secure admission in ABU. He just had 297 in this jamb now but chose UI MBBS. Do you guys think its OK or He should change to another less competitive school cause UI is highly competative. I would not want Him to waste this year again. This is the 5th attempt now. Age is not on His side. From kogi state. I need your inputs please
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benjax(m): 10:30am On Mar 21, 2018
@Bobola07, I sent you a customised e-mail. Please do reply. I need more info as regards the Dentistry.
Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ayox1(m): 11:12am On Mar 21, 2018
aerozac:
Great medics and aspirants I need your suggestions
My brother has been trying to join this league for years now
last year with an average of 282 couldn't secure secure admission in ABU. He just had 297 in this jamb now but chose UI MBBS. Do you guys think its OK or He should change to another less competitive school cause UI is highly competative. I would not want Him to waste this year again. This is the 5th attempt now. Age is not on His side. From kogi state. I need your inputs please
Thanks
y don't he change to unilorin.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aerozac(m): 12:01pm On Mar 21, 2018
ayox1:
thanks for your response.
Past experience makes him sceptical about unilorin. Also you know unilorin with thier admission at times.
He just want a place that he will be admitted once he is successful in PUTME with this score without connection o
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 21, 2018
pls i need ur advice, got 236 in my jamb going for MBBS in AAU ekpoma (my COA) wat are my chances cus i'm tinking of quiting and prepare for next year jamb pls some1 shuld help me with an advice, seriously depressed
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ekhanemeh1: 12:41pm On Mar 21, 2018
Alvan education consult!!!
The road to free tuition university is less travelled. The secrets are unknown. However you can pave your own way to a tuition free education and live with the satisfaction of knowing you did it.
Don't miss your chance to live and study free in Finland, Iceland, Norway, UK,USA,Australia... as an international student.
Grab the free tuition university guide today at a very affordable price.
Register your interest by sending an e-mail to Alvanconsult@gmail.com or send your e-mail address to 07016970752
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aremson14(m): 12:47pm On Mar 21, 2018
ayox1:
Good day i had 250 in jamb what are my chances at unilorin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Prophylactic: 1:52pm On Mar 21, 2018
Bobola07:

You have good choices, however you might want to consider some factors

1. if it's about catchment, UNN is probably the best choice for you..lemme bring in ISISs to contribute. he's from UNN, dentistry 100L.

2. unical is also fine, but I have issues with how they admit way beyond their stipulated quota, just like UNN too. Mdcn quota is 15 for each but unical has about 80+ students while unn has about 150+ students in 100L dentistry.

Prophylactic, come and give this guy advice.

3. I'm not sure of Uniben's criteria for admission, but they strictly follow their quota which is 25. So you should know that you're gonna face some competition.

4. Last year, UIs dentistry cutoff was 66.25
Can't say for this year. however, with a 65% score in postume coupled with your jamb score, you successfully beat that last year cutoff. Now, UI doesn't use catchment. either you're admitted via merit or ELDS. Note that UI admits not more than 27 from UTME. If you need more info, you can DM me. Let me also mention Dokitadave. He can drop some suggestions.

May God lead you right.

Well let me just clear the air Unical have about 75 dentistry in year1 now, those in year2 about the same number though their quota is 15,
Competition is not that stiff yet as most pple are yet to be aware unical offers dentistry, their highest class now are in 500, only 7 of them with few resit n repeat of 400 level pharmacology .
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TRAILBLAIZER: 3:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
Hello guys i really need your candid advice o? which of the following courses ,PHARMACY,DENTISTRY,RADIOGRAPHY,MLS to choose ...........am applying BUK scored 241 in jamb........i'd really appreciate your contribution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by luqmandwise(m): 3:51pm On Mar 21, 2018
Scored 279 in jamb, applied udusok. Pls what was their cut off last year. I heard last year d school didn't organise putme
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ictty(m): 4:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
Prophylactic:
Well let me just clear the air Unical have about 75 dentistry in year1 now, those in year2 about the same number though their quota is 15,
Competition is not that stiff yet as most pple are yet to be aware unical offers dentistry, their highest class now are in 500, only 7 of them with few resit n repeat of 400 level pharmacology .

I dont get u sir, are u saying there are now 7 dental students in 500l in unical.

and for the 100l and 200l how will they drop them, since they are far more than the quota which is 15. The number of student admitted is quite more than the available quota. I just dont know sir, 75 down to 15, how will they do it? am confuse
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Indomixx: 4:57pm On Mar 21, 2018
325 in jamb... Delta state University. I guess I stand a good chance. I just can't wait to join the league of medical students. I pray God help me

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by zenbancrofti(m): 5:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
Gud day guys i scored 271 in jamb and applied for dentistry in uniben pls what should be my target score in the post ume to make admission sure 4 me. Pls i would appreciate ur advice to be on the safer side
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TRAILBLAIZER: 5:51pm On Mar 21, 2018
TRAILBLAIZER:
Hello guys i really need your candid advice o? which of the following courses ,PHARMACY,DENTISTRY,RADIOGRAPHY,MLS to choose ...........am applying BUK scored 241 in jamb........i'd really appreciate your contribution
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Daudu1996: 6:09pm On Mar 21, 2018
TRAILBLAIZER:
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bobola07(m): 7:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
Ebithayo:

UI would have been a surer bet for you tho.. I wish u success
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bobola07(m): 7:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
TRAILBLAIZER:

I'm.a big fan of MLS and I'm sure your score can fetch you MLS. aim better in the postume
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bobola07(m): 7:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
zenbancrofti:
Gud day guys i scored 271 in jamb and applied for dentistry in uniben pls what should be my target score in the post ume to make admission sure 4 me. Pls i would appreciate ur advice to be on the safer side

What was their cutoff last year?
if Uniben still conducts admission the way they did in 2013&14 when I tried there, then its jamb/eight plus postume/2

with 271, which is a good score, just aim 70% at least, to be on a very safe side
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bobola07(m): 7:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
ictty:

I dont get u sir, are u saying there are now 7 dental students in 500l in unical.

and for the 100l and 200l how will they drop them, since they are far more than the quota which is 15. The number of student admitted is quite more than the available quota. I just dont know sir, 75 down to 15, how will they do it? am confuse

he didn't say there are 7 students in 500L.

he meant that 7 students in the 500L class are yet to completely fulfil the exam requirements to move from 400 to 500L. so they have to resit or repeat
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bobola07(m): 7:49pm On Mar 21, 2018
luqmandwise:
Scored 279 in jamb, applied udusok. Pls what was their cut off last year. I heard last year d school didn't organise putme

udusok didn't organise postume last year. they used jamb only. and MBBS cutoff was 290
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bobola07(m): 7:50pm On Mar 21, 2018
Prophylactic:

thanks for the update bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (904) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.