Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,213 members, 7,780,397 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:33 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1806679 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (903) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by timstar: 3:15pm On Mar 22, 2018
A WhatsApp group has been created that concerns the putme and latest on admission process of university of Ibadan..drop ur no or message dis no 08027553188 to be added
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NnaemekaJude(m): 7:04pm On Mar 22, 2018
flexcalvin:
....Dr XLOW is at best position to answer this question.

Right... Dr. Xlow is the right man for the question. Are U a lion(ness) too?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NnaemekaJude(m): 7:14pm On Mar 22, 2018
aerozac:
Great medics and aspirants I need your suggestions
My brother has been trying to join this league for years now
last year with an average of 282 couldn't secure secure admission in ABU. He just had 297 in this jamb now but chose UI MBBS. Do you guys think its OK or He should change to another less competitive school cause UI is highly competative. I would not want Him to waste this year again. This is the 5th attempt now. Age is not on His side. From kogi state. I need your inputs please
Thanks

I don't think UI is less or more competitive than ABU. I school in ABU, and I tell you if your brother could top your state he'd surely be admitted... All he needs to do, is to study H-A-R-D-E-R for Post-Utme (who said 100% or 400/400 is impossible?).. No university will refuse to admit you when you merit it (especially into MBBS).

That said....Less competitive universities to me connotes state-owned universities...

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NnaemekaJude(m): 7:22pm On Mar 22, 2018
ISISs:

I once tried ABU with 282 shaaa, which made 2016 a wasted year.
Well, there are many other factor to be considered aside ur utme score...
So, by Gods grace will be favoured.

That's sad... Obviously your state of origin did not favour you.. I have friends that were admitted with lower scores for same department with no long arm.. I hope you were finally able to secure a place in the university for same course?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sakabest: 8:30pm On Mar 22, 2018
I Scored 264 In Jamb Can I Be Admitted In Unilorin For Mbbs?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kaycy10: 9:25pm On Mar 22, 2018
Good evening docs.. Pls I need info on DE into MBBS in uniabuja.. Pls any uniabuja med student here??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by eezeribe(m): 9:25pm On Mar 22, 2018
NnaemekaJude:

I don't think UI is less or more competitive than ABU. I school in ABU, and I tell you if your brother could top your state he'd surely be admitted... All he needs to do, is to study H-A-R-D-E-R for Post-Utme (who said 100% or 400/400 is impossible?).. No university will refuse to admit you when you merit it (especially into MBBS).

That said....Less competitive universities to me connotes state-owned universities...
Some federal Universities are less competitive than others(check jamb statistics for number of applicants each year)
UI is more competitive than your ABU based on number of applicants that applied in the respective schools(check jamb statistics,it was published online and the National dailies)
Facts are better than opinions...
Statistics are better than assumptions...
Logic is superior to sentiment...
Data is a better guide than emotion...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Veemah(m): 11:24pm On Mar 22, 2018
ISISs:

Veehma?
U didn't box me up again....haba.

Baba... I been wan call you ooo... But you dey too busy nah, cos I sabi how first year take dey be. Make I inbox you now sir, e be like sey u get time now.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 11:32pm On Mar 22, 2018
Veemah:

Baba... I been wan call you ooo... But you dey too busy nah, cos I sabi how first year take dey be. Make I inbox you now sir, e be like sey u get time now.
Na so na so...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by flexcalvin: 1:06am On Mar 23, 2018
[quote author=NnaemekaJude post=660686
Hi bro am also an ABU MBBS aspirant.can I get ur contact for more inquiries pls.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benjax(m): 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
Talking about UNICAL and BDS: Do they have all the required facilities to train the dental students?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DokitaDave(m): 4:05pm On Mar 23, 2018
Bobola07:

You have good choices, however you might want to consider some factors

1. if it's about catchment, UNN is probably the best choice for you..lemme bring in ISISs to contribute. he's from UNN, dentistry 100L.

2. unical is also fine, but I have issues with how they admit way beyond their stipulated quota, just like UNN too. Mdcn quota is 15 for each but unical has about 80+ students while unn has about 150+ students in 100L dentistry.

Prophylactic, come and give this guy advice.

3. I'm not sure of Uniben's criteria for admission, but they strictly follow their quota which is 25. So you should know that you're gonna face some competition.

4. Last year, UIs dentistry cutoff was 66.25
Can't say for this year. however, with a 65% score in postume coupled with your jamb score, you successfully beat that last year cutoff. Now, UI doesn't use catchment. either you're admitted via merit or ELDS. Note that UI admits not more than 27 from UTME. If you need more info, you can DM me. Let me also mention Dokitadave. He can drop some suggestions.

May God lead you right.

Congratulations on your UTME. It's a good one.

As per advice on your best bet dental school; I am beginning to tell aspirants to see beyond admission these days. The information i am getting about the gap between those admitted for BDS and the MDCN quota in some schools is very appalling, and thus calls for caution. Please consider this, so as to avail yourself of what lies ahead of you.

I am so certain UI and OAU Dental schools do not admit more than their quota. But then, if you see the admission process of other schools as easier and you can cope with the unnecessary competition therein when admitted, all good.

Best of God in your pursuit dear.

Cc: Benjax

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by johnpaul1101(m): 4:14pm On Mar 23, 2018
Evenin all, with 286 for MBBS UniAbuja, wat are my chances am i good 2 go
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2018
hello everyone ,
Please can people in the following schools show the amount paid as school fees, it Will be nice if you can show receipt as well:
OAU, Uniben, ABU, Unical, Uniport, Unilag. thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NnaemekaJude(m): 7:04pm On Mar 23, 2018
eezeribe:

Some federal Universities are less competitive than others(check jamb statistics for number of applicants each year)
UI is more competitive than your ABU based on number of applicants that applied in the respective schools(check jamb statistics,it was published online and the National dailies)
Facts are better than opinions...
Statistics are better than assumptions...
Logic is superior to sentiment...
Data is a better guide than emotion...

LOL.. Permit me to clarify something..
ABU Zaria prior getting a college of medicine has a quota of 120 for MBBS. She cannot admit above that. Now, from personal observation (an opinion which I can call a fact..), admission into ABU is state-based. If you were coming from a state outside of ABU's catchment area, your
hope for admission is through merit. How many states do we have in the federation? How many will ABU admit on merit? (also take into cognissance candidates from the school's remedial (SBRS) vying for same admission into same course, whom must be admitted upon meeting the criterion). If you follow, you would now realize that as a canditate from a state like Enugu or Lagos, you have to top your state (an opinion
which you won't find in any tabloid which is otherwise a fact MR.DATA/FACT).
All these while I never asked If your brother was from ABU's catchment area or not (because I would not like to imagine he was from their catchment and he could't.....lol, let me stop, my ink is about finishing.
University Of Ibadan has no catchement which means almost every candidate has equal chances (except of course those from ELDSs) unlike in ABU where your chances are extremely slim if you are a non indigene... Employing your primary school Quantitave Reasoning, which do you suppose is more competitive?

ABU>>>>> 1 against hundreds
UI>>>>>> 150 against hundreds

There are some situations in life where opinions, intuition, e.t.c. will come in handy -even more handy than facts and data.. If you didn't know this, then.......

Finally, I refuse to be provoked by your goading reply..
SHALOM
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NnaemekaJude(m): 7:16pm On Mar 23, 2018
flexcalvin:
[quote author=NnaemekaJude post=660686
Hi bro am also an ABU MBBS aspirant.can I get ur contact for more inquiries pls.

Wow...Okay. You can ask your questions here.. I don't think I can drop my details here.. Or is a platform available for inbox here?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jephthal: 7:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
Jozprecious:
hello everyone ,
Please can people in the following schools show the amount paid as school fees, it Will be nice if you can show receipt as well:
OAU, Uniben, ABU, Unical, Uniport, Unilag. thanks

o boy you funny oooo, receipt for where

Anyway we pay 33,700 here in OAU.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 23, 2018
jephthal:

o boy you funny oooo, receipt for where

Anyway we pay 33,700 here in OAU.
what level chief? thanks for replying.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Salarys: 7:51pm On Mar 23, 2018
Indomixx:
325 in jamb... Delta state University. I guess I stand a good chance. I just can't wait to join the league of medical students. I pray God help me

Let’s connect.... scored 302, Delta state University also. Message me on WhatsApp ... cheers
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benjax(m): 7:57pm On Mar 23, 2018
DokitaDave:

Congratulations on your UTME. It's a good one.

As per advice on your best bet dental school; I am beginning to tell aspirants to see beyond admission these days. The information i am getting about the gap between those admitted for BDS and the MDCN quota in some schools is very appalling, and thus calls for caution. Please consider this, so as to avail yourself of what lies ahead of you.

I am so certain UI and OAU Dental schools do not admit more than their quota. But then, if you see the admission process of other schools as easier and you can cope with the unnecessary competition therein when admitted, all good.

Best of God in your pursuit dear.

Cc: Benjax

Thank you sir for your intelligent opinion. I appreciate. Then, based on your understanding of the system, could you tell what becomes of the majority of those candidates in the schools like UNN & UNICAL with excess intake in BDS?

Also address this: I fear UI! 'Not certain of PUTME success.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jephthal: 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2018
Jozprecious:
what level chief? thanks for replying.

200-600

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ideraoluwapo: 10:25pm On Mar 23, 2018
Hi nairalanders. I need information about studying medicine at USMAN DANFODIYO UNIVERSITY. Do they accept two sitting for WAEC? What is their UTME and post UTME cutoff mark for medicine?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by olumose001(m): 11:41pm On Mar 23, 2018
ideraoluwapo:
Hi nairalanders. I need information about studying medicine at USMAN DANFODIYO UNIVERSITY. Do they accept two sitting for WAEC? What is their UTME and post UTME cutoff mark for medicine?
Hi, I think using two sittings for waec is becoming outdated, but they do accept it sha.. As for jamb 290 and above will be very okay, there may or may not be post utme..

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by collins011(m): 12:28am On Mar 24, 2018
The 2018/2019 China Scholarship and Admission on going

We are Educational Consultants base in China and Abuja

Our services include the following:

1. Processing of Student Admission Letter and Visa Document
2. Processing of Visa at the Chinese Embassy in Abuja or Lagos
3. Airport pick-ups of our students in China
4. Helping the Students to integrate and settle down in there various schools
5. Processing of Student Resident Visa in China.

Do you need advice on how to study in China? We provide free consultancy

The following are list of full and partial scholarships available for 2018/2019 September Intake

1. Full tuition for Bachelor and Master Scholarship and Full Accommodation

2. Partial Scholarships available

3. Self Support but with low tuition and accommodation

We also have MBBS with low tuition fees

Contact us on:

www.diamondjetedu.com

info@diamondjetedu.com

collins011@gmail.com

whatsApp: 08036811222

Mobile: +8613009133643
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by amulet: 6:51am On Mar 24, 2018
Dbrainiac1:

Anatomy:
1--> KLM for Gross Anatomy
2--> Snell's Anatomy
3--> BD Churassia
4--> RJ Last
5--> Grey's Anatomy
6--> Langman Embryology
7--> KLM for Embryology
8--> BD For General Anatomy
9--> Dissector
10--> Di Fore Histology
11--> Junqueira's Histology
12--> Netter Atlas of human Aantomy

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LYV9KQ3lxY29FY28

Physiology:-
1--> Guyton
2--> Ganong
3--> Sheerwood
4--> Sembulingam

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LdXlCSjdZM214dEE

Biochemistry:-
1--> Harper
2--> Lippincott
3--> Chatterjea
4--> Satyanarayan
5--> Stryer
6--> MRS Biochemistry

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0Ld0o3WnhCR2VEczg

Pathology:-
1--> Big Robins
2--> Medium Robins
3--> Pathoma
4--> Goljan
5--> Harsh Mohan Pathology
6--> Atlas of Histopathology
7--> Levinson
8--> MRS microbiology
9--> Microbiology by Jacquelyn G. Black
10--> Color Atlas of Microbiology
11--> Kaplan Pathology

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LYkRYdjFrTm5MR0U

Pharmacology:-
1--> Big Katzung
2--> Mini Katzung
3--> Kaplan Review
4--> Lippincott
5--> Pocket Katzung
6--> Rang and Dale's Pharmacology
7--> Atlas of Pharmacology

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LMkE1UUVRZGwtTlU

Forensic Medicine:-
1--> Simpson's Forensics
2--> Krishan's Forensics
3--> Atlas of Autopsy
4--> Atlas of Forensic Medicine

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LQXVwOGoyWnFSV2s

Ophthalmology:-
1--> Jogi
2--> Jatoi
3--> Parson's Textbook of Eye
4--> Kanski
5--> AK Khurana
6--> Atlas of ophthalmology

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LOHc5WVZMdkJjX2M

Otorhinolaryngology:-
1--> Dhingra
2--> Logans Turner
3--> Color Atlas of Otorhinolaryngology
4--> Maqbool's Text Book of ENT
5--> Clinical Methods in ENT by PT Wakode
6--> ENT at a Glance

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LaDY2a0lFNDlfTGc

Community Medicine:-
1--> Monica's Text Book Community Medicine
2--> Mahajan And Gupta Text Book of Community Medicine
3--> Bancroft's Text Book of Community Medicine

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0Lc1RCMml2NjhFNjA

Medicine:-
1--> Churchill's Pocketbook of DD
2--> MTB Step 2 Ck
3--> Davidson Essentials
4--> Davidson Principals and practice
5--> Harrison's Internal Medicine
6--> Internal Medicine USMLE Nuggets
7--> Internal Medicine on call bt LANGE
8--> Oxfords Specialties

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LeEFJNG5TMlc4eWc

Surgery:-
1--> Bailey_love short practice of Surgery
2--> Churchill's pocketbook of Surgery
3--> Deja Review of surgery
4--> Farquharson's Textbook of Operative General Surgery
5--> Hamilton Bailey’s Physical Signs
6--> Oxford Handbook of Clinical Surgery
7--> Schwartz's Principles of Surgery
8--> Macleod's Clinical Examination
9--> Macleod's Clinical Diagnosis

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LRFpFSG5hZ1pVWkE

Obstetrics & Gynecology:-
1--> Case Discussions in Obstetrics and Gynecology
2--> Deja Review of Obstetrics Gynecology
3--> Obstetrics by Ten Teachers
4--> Gynaecology illustrated
5--> Gynaecology by Ten Teachers

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LMU1LRjFDa1FrbjA

Pediatrics:-
1--> Nelson Essentials of Pediatrics[
2--> Nelson Complete
3--> Pediatrics Review

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LUkdTQkVuNV92Yzg

1st Professional Books--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0Lay1HT1d5Yks5V0U

2nd Professional Books--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LemtmYXpYMGlydVk

3rd Professional Books--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LWmlCSHBpUFpPZU0

4th Professional Books--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LbnJvUzk3NHRhWWc

One Link For All eBooks--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LQW5tbWEtUmJJY0k.

Nice one thanks

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Prophylactic: 9:22am On Mar 24, 2018
Benjax:
Talking about UNICAL and BDS: Do they have all the required facilities to train the dental students?
if they don't have will they be given accreditation?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aremson14(m): 10:31am On Mar 24, 2018
ayox1:
Good evening, i dont really know much about unilorin admission.. i said that because kogi state is among the catchment areas which can be an edge 4 his bro.
Im from kwara state
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ayox1(m): 11:08am On Mar 24, 2018
Aremson14:

Im from kwara state
That nice.. I think u have another opportunity, since u're from that state.. Look for someone(med student) that schools there so as to enlighten u on their admission processes and join an active WhatsApp group( for science/health sciences). Best of luck.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aremson14(m): 11:53am On Mar 24, 2018
ayox1:
That nice.. I think u have another opportunity, since u're from that state.. Look for someone(med student) that schools there so as to enlighten u on their admission processes and join an active WhatsApp group( for science/health sciences). Best of luck.
Thanks. Are u a med and surgery student
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benjax(m): 12:40pm On Mar 24, 2018
Prophylactic:
if they don't have will they be given accreditation?

Oh! I don't even know they have full accreditation. So Dr, how has it been over there in terms of the academic activities and personnel?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2018
Kaycy10:
Good evening docs.. Pls I need info on DE into MBBS in uniabuja.. Pls any uniabuja med student here??

Hello,

What information do you seek, please?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (903) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.