Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,183 members, 7,807,597 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (564) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1822198 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 7:44am On Oct 27, 2018
Pls Medics in the house. Is it possible to convert a BDS certificate to MBBS certificate? If it is possible, what procedures must one take? Cc: Bobola07, Pes13, Ajet001, oluafolabi, afobam and other medics.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 7:47am On Oct 27, 2018
DrAuthentic:

Baba, I think you need to move on o. I had 281, 278 and this year 330 in utme and 70 in putme yet no admission. But I'm moving on, so find reason to trudge on. We go dey aiit joor.
Can you give me your number, email or fb id?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 27, 2018
Ksudr:

You will have to work hard. MBBS isn't easy anywhere now. With 280+ in jamb u can get MBBS in Unimaid without any God father. And when you come you will really like the school. Got in this year with 310. Wish you all the best.
U finally left ksu. That useless school

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Pes13: 11:36am On Oct 27, 2018
Eben331:
Pls Medics in the house. Is it possible to convert a BDS certificate to MBBS certificate? If it is possible, what procedures must one take? Cc: Bobola07, Pes13, Ajet001, oluafolabi, afobam and other medics.

Yaa, it's possible. But your certificate will be revoked. You can only have either MBBS or BDS and not the two.

From BDS to MBBS takes - 18 months
From MBBS to BDS takes - 3 years.

It's just this inferiority complex caused by we MBBS people that caused all these crossing of a thing palava.

Why should you even think of crossing, BDS is the same thing as medicine, only that BDS specialized very early.

We do the same thing with BDS till 500l. O and G and psychiatric is the only major difference.

If you want mbbs go for it, if you want Bds go for it, don't try to use BDS has a solace.

Dentistry is not a second choice to medicine, Dentistry is a specialized branch of medicine like neurosurgery.

MODIFIED- @ Eben331, I learnt uniben do change BDS degree to MBBS degree and vice versa.

Note- not all medical schools does it.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bigboy289(m): 11:52am On Oct 27, 2018
if there is any whatsapp group, pertaining to this thread, please add me , 09064340460
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 27, 2018
Pes13:

Yaa, it's possible. But your certificate will be revoked. You can only have either MBBS or BDS and not the two.

From BDS to MBBS takes - 18 months
From MBBS to BDS takes - 3 years.

It's just this inferiority complex caused by we MBBS people that caused all these crossing of a thing palava.

Why should you even think of crossing, BDS is the same thing as medicine, only that BDS specialized very early.

We do the same thing with BDS till 500l. O and G and psychiatric is the only major difference.

If you want mbbs go for it, if you want Bds go for it, don't try to use BDS has a solace.

Dentistry is not a second choice to medicine, Dentistry is a specialized branch of medicine like neurosurgery.

Please loud it, so that people at the back will hear

Apt.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Elzak(m): 9:11pm On Oct 27, 2018
TRAILBLAIZER:
applied twice nw
235 first o was given biochemistry
Now 241 no admission
By Gods grace come 2019 am sure we will be here sharing our testimonies as the newest intakes of mbbs
#,2k19
#team 300+
#usman dan fodio university sokoto
hmmm my school. I just got admitted into Danfo this year; mbbs
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Wuyiseducon(m): 10:41am On Oct 28, 2018
Now this is another confusion-causing issue I'm obliged to discuss; if your name is not with the first batch of names that’ll be released soon, please don’t panic—at least not yet—as this does not necessarily mean you won’t be offered admission too—if you have done what you should do, when you should and as you should. The first batch is called the “merit list”; which unarguably means the list will contain only the names of UTME and pre-degree applicants who got the cutoff of the departments they have applied to, or at least have the catchment or ELDS marks. Every other person who has done a thing or two to earn the consideration for admission (especially via person-know-person), people using executives and staffs’ slots, the Direct Entry applicants, the OAU Diploma applicants, as well as the pre-degree applicants who couldn’t score the grade point required to be admitted to their aspired department but scored average or above average of the overall attainable grade point should all expect their names on the subsequent lists (second or third list). I can only wish you all the best of luck as you expect to see “ADMITTED” on your CAPS admission status soon. Just don’t—out of joy—mistakenly click on “reject” instead of “accept when you see “ADMITTED” on your profile. You’ll only think it doesn’t happen, but it does. To read the full write-up, click here >>> https://wuyisblog..com/2018/10/oau-set-to-release-first-batch-tags.html

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Berly(m): 11:30am On Oct 28, 2018
TRAILBLAIZER:
applied twice nw
235 first o was given biochemistry
Now 241 no admission
By Gods grace come 2019 am sure we will be here sharing our testimonies as the newest intakes of mbbs
#,2k19
#team 300+
#usman dan fodio university sokoto
Goodluk, a friend of mine got in this year with 269 and she's not from the north.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ruqqayah(f): 9:22pm On Oct 28, 2018
'm trying to log in to Unilorin portal, but it's telling me "Invalid Login Details" why? Somebody please say something
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 29, 2018
vikkeee:

joseph??

Nop
Buk student?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bible1998: 6:19am On Oct 29, 2018
I applied medicine and was given biochemistry and am done with my year1 am about moving to year 2 so I want to pick another jamb form for medicine and surgery I don't like biochemistry at all so I need advice on how to prep for jamb and my semester exams how to combine the both am really confused I need advice
you people should help a brother oooooo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Elzak(m): 1:07pm On Oct 29, 2018
Berly:

Goodluk, a friend of mine got in this year with 269 and she's not from the north.
from which state?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TRAILBLAIZER: 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2018
Elzak:
hmmm my school. I just got admitted into Danfo this year; mbbs
woow pls lets talk on whatsapp lemme av ur digits
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nasseeer: 5:47am On Oct 30, 2018
ruqqayah:
'm trying to log in to Unilorin portal, but it's telling me "Invalid Login Details" why? Somebody please say something
Are you a student already?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Elzak(m): 7:36am On Oct 30, 2018
TRAILBLAIZER:
woow pls lets talk on whatsapp lemme av ur digits
0'7'0'3'4'5'6'1'4'3'9
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by osamagbesmart(m): 9:19am On Oct 30, 2018
[quote author=bible1998 post=72495612]I applied medicine and was given biochemistry and am done with my year1 am about moving to year 2 so I want to pick another jamb form for medicine and surgery I don't like biochemistry at all so I need advice on how to prep for jamb and my semester exams how to combine the both am really confused I need advice
you people should help a brother oooooo
Victor hw ur side,start preparation and get prepared b4 sch resumes,so u av less wrk 2do wen sch opens
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abcruz(m): 10:48am On Oct 30, 2018
DrBESTJC:
Hello Friends and My bosses here...

This is seriously what I never espected...I have never even given a thought to failure all this while...All my struggles,sleepless nights(studying),prayers,mindset and even the very air I breathe everyday of my preparations were all channelled towards SUCCESS . Imagine,I was so convinced that I will get admission to study MEDICINE this year that I have bought my school bag and some other things.

When my JAMB results were released this year(2018),I was very happy and elated when I saw 303 as my score.I continued to study and prepare for the UI PostUTME with zest.When the results were released, I saw 73 as my PostUTME score and 74.375% as my aggregate score.I was sad and worried because my target score is not less than 90. When I remembered that UI cutoff mark for medicine last year(2017) was 71.88% , I kept my fire of hope burning...but not without serious prayers and fasting.

Now,the cutoff mark for medicine this year has been pegged at 76.5%, and as you can see, I am just like 3 marks away from the cutoff mark.Since yesterday when I saw the cutoff marks,I have not been able to sleep.It is very very painful.

But friends,I am not here to ask you to pity me...no no no....This is my 4th failure since I started to pursue MEDICINE and I have learnt to brace up and struggle harder after each failure,....No matter what people will say..... I am writing this to seek counsel and sincere directions on my next line of action because I believe that a problem shared is half solved.Now,my questions are :

1) Since my score is high enough to get another course, I am thinking of doing a COC to courses that will allow me cross to medicine in year two like biochemistry,human Nutrition and physiology....but I heard that those courses are not advertised on the COC.....Is it true ?

2) What other courses can I go for apart from the aforementioned ones ?

3) If after accepting any other course, can I stay in the university(UI) and write JAMB and PostUTME again in the same UI in 2019? .... Can I abandon my present course then and accept admission to study medicine in the same University of Ibadan?

4) If I should decide not to accept any admission UI will offer me whatsoever(because my passion is seriously tied to medicine), do you think (from experience) that I will be able to study well if I get a job and come back for jamb next year?...The job will take like 8hours of my time everyday.I cannot just stay at home studying for a whole year idle...an besides nobody is willing again to give me any money for anything until I enter school,not even for jamb....because my people have given up on me.

5) Also on the Job issue,I am planning to buy a laptop and an android phone from my savings,but I am thinking of how I can convert it into a good source of income. Please friends,I am alone in the world now... I need to survive. What genuine and profitable online business can I do in my part time to make ends meet ? ......I have heard that students can work online and earn a decent pay,but I don't know much about it.If you are into any one of them,I would like to have your contact...

Please save a soul today.!

I understand how you feel because I was once in your shoes.

Everyone(family, friends and relatives) gave up on me but God was with me like a fearless warrior. So stick with him and he will definitely exchange your story for glory.

You can read through my experience here:
https://www.nairaland.com/3527877/admission-testimony

As regards working online, if you're serious about it you can follow this thread to learn about freelancing on fiverr:
https://www.nairaland.com/2947212/exclusive-how-make-level-2

May the peace of the Lord be your comfort and may HIS joy be your strength.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 12:58am On Oct 31, 2018
DrAuthentic:

Baba, I think you need to move on o. I had 281, 278 and this year 330 in utme and 70 in putme yet no admission. But I'm moving on, so find reason to trudge on. We go dey aiit joor.
Flash me, and i'll call u.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 1:07am On Oct 31, 2018
Ajet001:

Please loud it, so that people at the back will hear

Apt.
Lolss..
These guys.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrAuthentic: 5:25am On Oct 31, 2018
ISISs:
Flash me, and i'll call u. 08105939513.
Alright Dr. I'll do just that when the day breaks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Simonj66: 8:18am On Oct 31, 2018
Good morning everyone. I just finished my first degree from unilag marine biology 2nd class upper. I don't know if it's possible to get DE to mbbs at either Ife, Ilorin, abu. And if possible how does the direct entry exam looks like, What does it entails

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Simonj66: 8:18am On Oct 31, 2018
Good morning everyone. I just finished my first degree from Unilag, Marine biology 2nd class upper. I don't know if it's possible to get DE to mbbs at either Ife, Ilorin, abu. And if possible how does the direct entry exam looks like, What does it entails
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Simonj66: 8:20am On Oct 31, 2018
altijjaneey:
Alhamdulillah Rabbeel Aalameen.
After 3 years of chasing medicine, the Almighty God have done it for me.
I was admitted to study MBBS in ABU Zaria. I just don't know how to express my happiness.
Hey bro, can I get your number. Can we talk?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lucifer66(m): 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2018
Ksudr:

You will have to work hard. MBBS isn't easy anywhere now. With 280+ in jamb u can get MBBS in Unimaid without any God father. And when you come you will really like the school. Got in this year with 310. Wish you all the best.
Any tips on how to get a score like that?
Like what did you read apart from the past questions.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2018
Hey people..... I know I've not been on this forum for years so most of you don't know me. Good evening all....
I just graduated.
I am finally a medical doctor....i'm so happy. Wanted to thank this forum for giving me the motivation I needed.
To the lions and lionesses here.... Stay strong. UNN is not easy.
All I've ever wanted to do with my life is medicine... It's so surreal having finally made it. God dey. Just wanted to share the good news... Lol... Thanks.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hagiosfemi(m): 4:19pm On Nov 01, 2018
STORM2:
Hey people..... I know I've not been on this forum for years so most of you don't know me. Good evening all....
I just graduated.
I am finally a medical doctor....i'm so happy. Wanted to thank this forum for giving me the motivation I needed.
All I've ever wanted to do with my life is medicine... It's so surreal having finally made it. God dey. Just wanted to share the good news... Lol... Thanks.
Remember when you rejoiced u passed pathpharn
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chiwill22: 4:23pm On Nov 01, 2018
STORM2:
I just graduated.

My dear Dr. please.... can you flash me while I call you? thanks alot. I am waiting 08143103531, or 09026193053 .You can also add me to any UNN or UNIPORT working whatsapp groups thanks and God bless you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by chiwill22: 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2018
please is there any body here that have any ideal when DE. forms of any of both UNN and UNIPORT will be on sale? thanks for your help. Also anybody with vital information can as well contact me or add me up on any of the whatsapp groups with 08143103531 or 09026193053.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2018
STORM2:
I just graduated.

Congrat Dr Storm.
still remember u

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GdexFolami(m): 8:28pm On Nov 01, 2018
STORM2:
I just graduated.
congrats doctor ,I remember you very well...

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bigboy289(m): 1:43pm On Nov 02, 2018
Please doctors in the house, which university can I take as second choice in jamb, I am planning to take UI as first choice..?? Medicine and surgery aspirant ? preferably South west!! Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.