Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,280 members, 7,807,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (584) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1822388 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by coolxpaul(m): 8:41am On Jan 23, 2019
Jackossky:

Cambridge level
Av u done it b4 or do u av any1 here on NL wu hav done
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jackossky(m): 11:08am On Jan 23, 2019
coolxpaul:
Av u done it b4 or do u av any1 here on NL wu hav done

I know of a friend who made use of the original Cambridge A level, while as for my proud self, I also used something similar to that. To be succinct, we were both admitted to 200l direct
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by coolxpaul(m): 1:01pm On Jan 23, 2019
Jackossky:

I know of a friend who made use of the original Cambridge A level
I think @Hardebaryor wud lyk 2 meet u here on NL,he's interested in taking applyin but he says d exam is only 4months away,what do u think?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jackossky(m): 1:36pm On Jan 23, 2019
coolxpaul:
I think @Hardebaryor wud lyk 2 meet u here on NL,he's interested in taking applyin but he says d exam is only 4months away,what do u think?

Applying for Cambridge programme? It takes a whooping two semesters, that's 9 months+
He can send his PM to my mail. Will be pleased to help
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by coolxpaul(m): 2:09pm On Jan 23, 2019
Jackossky:

Applying for Cambridge programme? It takes a whooping two semesters, that's 9 months+
He can send his PM to my mail. Will be pleased to help
Av notified him already.Anyway,which med skul ar u?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Michano22: 9:13pm On Jan 23, 2019
Hi medics, pls is LAUTECH medical school still in operation?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OwoukoUrua(m): 11:01pm On Jan 23, 2019
Pilate2016:

Why not try Unical for your UTME. The cut off mark is lower than most federal Universities in the Southern Nigeria.

Unical broke my heart in 2017
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Learson: 12:38am On Jan 24, 2019
Michano22:
Hi medics, pls is LAUTECH medical school still in operation?
Yes still exists
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Pilate2016(m): 9:20am On Jan 24, 2019
OwoukoUrua:

She broke mine twice. That's life dear.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benjax(m): 6:51pm On Jan 24, 2019
OwoukoUrua:

They actually remedied mine. wink wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Alberttahir: 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2019
Is NABTEB result accepted in medical laboratory science?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OwoukoUrua(m): 10:25pm On Jan 24, 2019
Benjax:

They actually remedied mine. wink wink
congrats man . . . One man's meat is another man's poison

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Michano22: 10:37pm On Jan 24, 2019
Learson:
Yes still exists
how do I contact you bro?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ezimo777(m): 4:29am On Jan 25, 2019
Alberttahir:
Is NABTEB result accepted in medical laboratory science?

No

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by phrancis99(m): 7:16am On Jan 25, 2019
Cephalic greetings to the house.
Please what is the possibility of transferring to Medicine in University of Lagos or Lagos State University from another university?
Really need to know...
Thank you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by coolxpaul(m): 4:06pm On Jan 25, 2019
phrancis99:
Cephalic greetings to the house.
Please what is
Its possible with gud CGPA and strong connection.Connect with labodinho here on NL 4 more info,u can also check jamb brochure undergraduate prospectus 4rm skul
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 9:38am On Jan 28, 2019
Warning: Long Post.

Are there fathers, husbands and married men here? How do you guys cope? I mean, the family hustle plus medschool?

I remember when I first got notified of my admission. In the first few seconds, I was super-happy. Like, finally! After over ten years, I was finally in. Shortly afterwards, reality hit me. I was to resign from my job! I was to relocate, of course leaving my family behind with about 10-12 hours' distance between us (ie, traveling by land).

I know of one Best. He should be in 500 or 600 level now. I first met him at UniPort, then we were BSc Physiology students. Again, I met him (still at UniPort) some years later when I went back for a master's degree program. As at that time, he was already done with his MSc and was already in the MBBS program. It was the discuss I had with him one day that made me to apply for MBBS again. That was how I got in. Bear in mind that I was working with an NGO at that time and I was also at the verge of securing a lecturing job. These were the things I sacrificed to study Medicine.

I tell you, it's terribly challenging being a medical student and a married man with two boys. It's an intensive, full time program with little to no "hustle space." Today, I'm in the Path-Pharm class and each time I look back, I really wonder how I've managed through to this extent.

So, colleagues, I'm curious to know the strategy of other folks in similar shoes.

Good morning.

21 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sk2p(m): 2:11pm On Jan 28, 2019
TONYE001:

Are there fathers, husbands and married men here? How do you guys cope? I mean, the family hustle plus medschool?

I remember when I first got notified of my admission. In the first few seconds, I was super-happy. Like, finally! After over ten years, I was finally in. Shortly afterwards, reality hit me. I was to resign from my job! I was to relocate, of course leaving my family behind with about 10-12 hours' distance between us (ie, traveling by land).

I know of one Best. He should be in 500 or 600 level now. I first met him at UniPort, then we were BSc Physiology students. Again, I met him (still at UniPort) some years later when I went back for a master's degree program. As at that time, he was already done with his MSc and was already in the MBBS program. It was the discuss I had with him one day that made me to apply for MBBS again. That was how I got in. Bear in mind that I was working with an NGO at that time and I was also at the verge of securing a lecturing job. These were the things I sacrificed to study Medicine.

I tell you, it's terribly challenging being a medical student and a married man with two boys. It's an intensive, full time program with little to no "hustle space." Today, I'm in the Path-Pharm class and each time I look back, I really wonder how I've managed through to this extent.

So, colleagues, I'm curious to know the strategy of other folks in similar shoes.

Good morning.

My senior I salute you sir. Keep inspiring us

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NOBODYY: 2:36pm On Jan 28, 2019
I'm 20. BSc Microbiology second class upper, I've registered for direct entry to medcine. I really hope I'm admitted this time.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrOptimistic: 4:03pm On Jan 28, 2019
Starfx:

Yeah they accept them to write their post utme ..
But they will not give you (as a second choicer) admission in to competitive course like medicine, pharmacy, law e,t.c no Matter how high ur score is

They will consider u for a non competitive course let's say fishery .

What if the person change the school to his choice before they start giving admission, won't he be given medicine if he meet the cut off mark?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 4:40pm On Jan 28, 2019
TONYE001:

Good morning.

wow.. it's well bro.
nice motivating piece

I know Dr Best-man..Na my man o.lol
That guy always putting us through academically

God ur strength bro.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 8:48pm On Jan 28, 2019
Drguzzykola:

wow.. it's well bro.
nice motivating piece

I know Dr Best-man..Na my man o.lol
That guy always putting us through academically

God ur strength bro.

Lolz. Thanks and yours too, amen.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Michano22: 8:53pm On Jan 28, 2019
NOBODYY:
I'm 20. BSc Microbiology second class upper, I've registered for direct entry to medcine. I really hope I'm admitted this time.

which school?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NOBODYY: 9:19pm On Jan 28, 2019
Michano22:

which school?
Unilorin.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aremson14(m): 7:38am On Jan 29, 2019
Good day folks,
I am a final yr bch student, hopping to apply for direct entry into unilorin , but with the ongoing strike im not sure my skul wld meet up with unilorin. So i have a few ideas. Should i register for jamb or direct entry(is there a way i can apply for both) , or should i leave d idea of unilorin and apply for direc entry to anoda skul dat would probably meet up.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 29, 2019
Aremson14:
Good day folks,
I am a final yr bch student, hopping to apply for direct entry into unilorin , but with the ongoing strike im not sure my skul wld meet up with unilorin. So i have a few ideas. Should i register for jamb or direct entry(is there a way i can apply for both) , or should i leave d idea of unilorin and apply for direc entry to anoda skul dat would probably meet up.
Going by the looks of things I would advise you to register for jamb this year cos direct entry may not be feasible for you this year judging from the strikes and delays.
This year's admission process may be concluded before the end of this session and that would be a waste of 1 year for you.
my advice is for you to go for utme this year and if successful, round up your exams , projects and other final year stuffs before taking up the new admission.
If unsuccessful (I hope not), you can try D.E next year.
That's my opinion, although some on this thread are in better position to advise you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oogway: 5:00pm On Jan 29, 2019
Aremson14:
Good day folks,

Write JAMB, one of the criteria for Direct Entry is NYSC, moreover JAMB will save you a few years
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aremson14(m): 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2019
Oogway:

Write JAMB, one of the criteria for Direct Entry is NYSC, moreover JAMB will save you a few years
Im not too sure about d NYSC requirements cause its not on jamb brochure and not on any university's requirements i have seen so far
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 8:01pm On Jan 29, 2019
Oogway:

I doubt having an NYSC certificate is a criterion for DE. Kindly confirm, please.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dolapo74: 9:27pm On Jan 29, 2019
NOBODYY:
You should also write jamb to improve your chance of getting admission.You pick school like University of Ibadan that ensures admission by merit.
Just get at least 310 in UTME and 80 in the post utme ,you will be fine
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by raje914(m): 11:02pm On Jan 30, 2019
Anyone with sure connection in Unilorin for medicine??
ATBU bleeped up last year. After scoring 292(although I know its low) in jamb and they later gave me agric engineering... And I cant study any course apart from medicine. Though, I'm an average student but I think what you have passion for is worth dying for...
Age is really telling on me guys.. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 11:49pm On Jan 31, 2019
raje914:
Anyone with sure connection in Unilorin for medicine??
ATBU bleeped up last year. After scoring 292(although I know its low) in jamb and they later gave me agric engineering... And I cant study any course apart from medicine. Though, I'm an average student but I think what you have passion for is worth dying for...
Age is really telling on me guys.. Thanks in advance

Guy.. udus, unimaid or auniabuja...

A win-win situation with a score of 300 bro. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.