Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1819103 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (904) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sureshegsy(m): 9:26am On Feb 14, 2019
Thewhizzkid1:
There's a free online class which will be starting tomorrow for mbbs preclinical students (200L-300L) We'll be starting with anatomy for now and we'll be starting with upper limb so it's best if you're just starting preclinical work. Platform is whatsapp. Our videos, audios and texts are going to be received by whatsapp. It promises to be enlightening. You wouldn't want to miss out. It's totally free.
I can't paste the invite link here. If you're interested, send me your number so u can be added. My number is at my siggy.
Add me up 08028353243
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Elzak(m): 9:29am On Feb 14, 2019
charleymed:

Please does your school admit on merit?
And what's the merit cut off.
Cut off mark changes by the year. Merit cut off was 290 in 2017 and 250 in 2018. They admit on merit far better than other universities in Nigeria
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TRAILBLAIZER: 9:54am On Feb 14, 2019
charleymed:

Please does your school admit on merit?
And what's the merit cut off.
the fact they admitt on merit is why i chose dem dey only use jamb scores no post utme
for medicine u av to score 295 and above to be sure
for pharmacy u av to score 260 and above
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 11:42am On Feb 14, 2019
Thewhizzkid1:
Send me a message. Check my signature for my contact.
Alright
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 14, 2019
ISISs:

16point.
https://www.nairaland.com/5022737/how-life-change-read-8

Hello Isiss, pls view this thread of mine in the foregone sentence, and drop a piece of advice if you can. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2019
TRAILBLAIZER:
the fact they admitt on merit is why i chose dem dey only use jamb scores no post utme
for medicine u av to score 295 and above to be sure
for pharmacy u av to score 260 and above
Thanks for your response.

So if someone from the South should score let say 300, the admission is guaranteed?? All things being equal.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 1:05pm On Feb 14, 2019
Elzak:
Cut off mark changes by the year. Merit cut off was 290 in 2017 and 250 in 2018. They admit on merit far better than other universities in Nigeria

Thanks for your response
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tweetyyy: 7:21pm On Feb 14, 2019
TRAILBLAIZER:
usman dan fodio uni sokoto nd u ??
university of nigeria nsukka(unn)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TRAILBLAIZER: 8:31pm On Feb 14, 2019
charleymed:

So if someone from the South should score let say 300, the admission is guaranteed?? All things being equal.
baba i wont lie sha i do not how much their admission favours those from south region but i will say with dat score one can hope
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TRAILBLAIZER: 8:32pm On Feb 14, 2019
Tweetyyy:
university of nigeria nsukka(unn)
them isiss people

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 9:52pm On Feb 14, 2019
Durentt:

https://www.nairaland.com/5022737/how-life-change-read-8

Hello Isiss, pls view this thread of mine in the foregone sentence, and drop a piece of advice if you can. Thank you.
Done.
smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 15, 2019
ISISs:

Done.
smiley
thanks so much

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 8:51am On Feb 15, 2019
Durentt:
thanks so much
U are welcome.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Au79(m): 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2019
charleymed:

..the cutoff mark as never gone above 300 so ur admission is guaranteed I can assure u provided its ur 1st choice..
am from the south too and was given admission on merits in udus( scored a little above 300)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 2:06pm On Feb 15, 2019
Au79:

..the cutoff mark as never gone above 300 so ur admission is guaranteed I can assure u provided its ur 1st choice..
am from the south too and was given admission on merits in udus( scored a little above 300)
Thanks. Which state are you from, and were you the only person from your state that got admitted on merit?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Psalmist123: 2:07pm On Feb 15, 2019
pls how does MB exam exam looks like I need to know urgently plsss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Au79(m): 3:24pm On Feb 15, 2019
charleymed:

Thanks. Which state are you from, and were you the only person from your state that got admitted on merit?
yes..am the only one from delta state using delta state indigene
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Au79(m): 3:32pm On Feb 15, 2019
Psalmist123:
pls how does MB exam exam looks like
I need to know urgently plsss
we have two MBs exams..1st and 2nd MB..
1st MB is taken in 300l comprises of anatomy, biochemistry Nd physiology.. for each of these courses, you wil write MCQ, Essay, practical and viva( orals)..in my scul, wen u pass the 3 courses ( minimum score of 50) u wil b promoted to the next class(400l) , if u pass 2 u wil resit the subject u failed..if u fail 2 courses or u fail the 3, u wil repeat the class( u wil b withdrawn if u fail 2 again after repeating.)
2nd MB is taken in 400l and comprises the Almighty 3-in-one pathology ( CHEM path, histo path and haematology), microbiology and pharmacology..pattern of exam, mode of pass, repeat, and withdrawal is same with the 1st MB I explained above

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Adindu140: 4:23pm On Feb 15, 2019
Hi. I made a first class in microbiology and want to get a DE to medicine .pls which school would be okay that doesn't demand transcript and the admission process is transparent?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dolapo74: 6:54pm On Feb 15, 2019
Adindu140:
Hi. I made a first class in microbiology and want to get a DE to medicine .pls which school would be okay that doesn't demand transcript and the admission process is transparent?
University of Ibadan is just the best place for you.
With a first class degree you have less odds against you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Holuseye: 7:30pm On Feb 15, 2019
ISISs:

Chief, i will get you the number of someone who did jubeb in unn and is now in medicine.
bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mohammedekete: 7:44pm On Feb 15, 2019
Thewhizzkid1:
There's a free online class which will be starting tomorrow for mbbs preclinical students (200L-300L) We'll be starting with anatomy for now and we'll be starting with upper limb so it's best if you're just starting preclinical work. Platform is whatsapp. Our videos, audios and texts are going to be received by whatsapp. It promises to be enlightening. You wouldn't want to miss out. It's totally free.
I can't paste the invite link here. If you're interested, send me your number so u can be added. My number is at my siggy.
add me up...08037587329
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aboking: 12:56am On Feb 16, 2019
Thewhizzkid1:
pls add 08084632632
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by venmotors(m): 11:02am On Feb 16, 2019
Holuseye:
..can you drop ur WhatsApp contact?
zero 8 one 7360 SIX EIGHT 7 ONE
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Psalmist123: 12:09pm On Feb 16, 2019
Pls to the UI students, how many years do medical students spend before going to UCH?

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 16, 2019
Au79:

we have two MBs exams..1st and 2nd MB..
1st MB is taken in 300l comprises of anatomy, biochemistry Nd physiology.. for each of these courses, you wil write MCQ, Essay, practical and viva( orals)..in my scul, wen u pass the 3 courses ( minimum score of 50) u wil b promoted to the next class(400l) , if u pass 2 u wil resit the subject u failed..if u fail 2 courses or u fail the 3, u wil repeat the class( u wil b withdrawn if u fail 2 again after repeating.)
2nd MB is taken in 400l and comprises the Almighty 3-in-one pathology ( CHEM path, histo path and haematology), microbiology and pharmacology..pattern of exam, mode of pass, repeat, and withdrawal is same with the 1st MB I explained above
But Microbiology is part of Pathology. Why did you exclude it from the other 3? In my sch, 1st MBBS is taken in 1st yr, 2nd MBBS after 1st semester of 3rd yr, while Pathology and Pharmacology class starts from 2nd semester of 3rd yr.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 16, 2019
[quote author=Psalmist123 post=75788737]Pls to the UI students, how many years do medical students spend before going to UCH?

Two years + 6months
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Au79(m): 3:45pm On Feb 16, 2019
Mandeyy:
But Microbiology is part of Pathology. Why did you exclude it from the other 3? In my sch, 1st MBBS is taken in 1st yr, 2nd MBBS after 1st semester of 3rd yr, while Pathology and Pharmacology class starts from 2nd semester of 3rd yr.
ya microbiology is part of pathology but in my scul, it stands on its own as a course..you write seperate exams for it..
u mean u take 1st MBBS exams in 1st year(100level)??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 4:57pm On Feb 16, 2019
Mandeyy:
You must be a zikite.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Buzzer99: 7:52pm On Feb 16, 2019
Please add me to the group
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Buzzer99: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2019
Thewhizzkid1:

Please add me

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (904) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.