Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (630) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1821373 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by umarfantami(m): 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2019
melodynk01:
Hi everyone, please I need your help. I am currently a 3rd year medical student in Russia but my parents are kinda finding it difficult to pay my fees . So they gave option of me coming back to Nigeria to continue. Please who knows any university that will accept international transfer students and let me continue with 3rd year or even repeat second year . Help please, it’s quite urgent . Thanks

Try as much as possible to find a job there and add with the little they send to you BUT DON'T EVEN TRY COMING TO THIS COUNTRY CALLED n! G€ri@

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 15, 2019
Mbbs na scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 11:02pm On Sep 15, 2019
melodynk01:
Hi everyone, please I need your help. I am currently a 3rd year medical student in Russia but my parents are kinda finding it difficult to pay my fees . So they gave option of me coming back to Nigeria to continue. Please who knows any university that will accept international transfer students and let me continue with 3rd year or even repeat second year . Help please, it’s quite urgent . Thanks

Before you take any defining step (like withdrawing from your current school), have your parents go to selected medical schools (especially federal) and get first hand information.

Don't know, maybe you can write UniAbuja. Attach your transcript in the mail.

Wish you the best!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 6:59am On Sep 16, 2019
danilmo:

If I were u I will avoid Delsu. That school post ume is more of ur smartness and wild exposure .Sitting for that post ume with ur phys chem bio may not be favourable.. If u know u aren't that roundly exposed, I ll advise u pick a school where post ume is strictly science subject.. E.g South south federal schools like Uniport, unical,uniuyo and co...shallom
Thanks bro, it's like I will change my mind oooo.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Itzneowizy(m): 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2019
Salarys:

Since you'll be gunning FOR DELSU next year, let me chip in a thing or two which I believe will reorientate and help you and other aspirants whom I believe might see this.

You see,most people usually opt for DELSU with the "their cutoff is low" mentality and throw caution to the wind until they get into the exam centre and realise that white and black are two different colours. I can say, it's an exam where the 240s and 300s still have relatively same chance of getting admitted. Read on.

I don't know, but the post utme exam is usually set in a way to humble everyone including high fliers. Every year we see cutoffs drop and you begin to wonder but those that wrote the exam will tell you better. Like the lady said up there, don't be deceived by the cutoffs. This year's cutoff will soon be released and I can tell you it will drop so much from last year's that you'll think it's drilling for crude.

Prior to the exam, you hear aptitude test and you laugh but year in, year out, we see so many 300+ spank in the exams.You'll think they relaxed but when you sit for an aptitude test where a word is given and it's not specified if you're looking for the antonym or synonym with the options filled with both, you realise you really can't blame anyone.

Is it where you're asked the legislative system(Unicameral or bicameral) run by some countries in asia, sounds of animals that are not your regular dog/horse/lion, or quantitative reasoning questions where you're not given a sample and you have questions with open boxes and numbers in the options to somehow select from. You begin to wonder if the exam was for students or magicians.

You see why People who ace those kind of questions are those with residual knowledge on such concepts and a Mr B with say 300+ who "prepared" but got a score competing with his shoe size. It goes both ways actually.

Why am I saying this?

I can tell you undoubtedly that the intensity of your preparations for the exam has no bearing on the score you'll get after the result is released. Heck what are you preparing with when there's no pattern to follow? This year they set a particular kind of question You decide to use that as a guide, next year its a whole different ball game altogether.

I'm speaking from my personal experience and those that wrote this year will echo it loudly from the back.

Sadly, Many throw caution to the wind and realise this later on after the exam.
Take for instance, the scenario I cited above.
How do you know you've passed when you can't even say you picked the correct option to some questions?

Back When I sat for mine, I had stuffy friends whom we prepared for this same exam together with 300s but you can't say their scores outside.
For me?. it's history and I thank God for his grace because when favour finds you, no Matter the obstacles, things will align in your favour.

I can only advice you Pray hard, Read and smash your utme. And prepare for the post utme using anything. Anything? Yes, you heard me, anything. Read wide but You must trust in God because believe me, His favour is ALL you need.

Shalom and Goodluck.
Boss...do you know how the agg for DE is calculated in Delsu??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 16, 2019
bleckcorp:
Hello house!
I'm a graduate of Physiology. I've got second class upper as my grade and I wish to apply for Medicine through direct entry.

I have 3 universities in mind: EBSU, UNIABUJA, AND BSU.
As an indigene of Delta state...
Which university should I opt in for

Your views and opinions would be appreciated.
Help a brother pls.

I think you should choose UNN, I believe it would be easier for you to get since you are from Delta State.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 16, 2019
Pocohontasboo:
5th attempt and medicine seems not to fall in place, for the sixth attempt next year I'm tightening my lace, all these years wasted shall not be in vain, no no I have to absorb the pain...
OK OK enough of the rhymes.... I need someone to guide me, one last attempt before I stop chasing, so my o level Maths C5 English C6 Bio B3 Chemistry B2 PHYSICS C6(so too many Cs)(The school I plan to go for actually uses a 50% score for olevel, no post utme) , so I actually was thinking of sitting for waec GCE Jan/Feb to correct the anomalies (Cs), so I have Been reading lately for the GCE and UTME, but you know preparation for utme is not same with waec(you have to store lots of information) and this is slowing me down..... So my question now is should I just leave the Idea of writing waec GCE and focus on utme and select a school uses post utme $ jamb for aggregate

What's your state of origin?
Which schools have you tried?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ademola47(m): 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2019
Hmmmm....MBBS

Pm Nairalanders,

I am a MBBS aspirant.

I have written three jamb and post jamb but MBBS admission hasn't come in. I applied Unilag once and ui twice.

I'll be applying for the fourth one next year (in ui).

Please, I need your advice on how to re strategize in other to make it next year.

Thanks in anticipation!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ademola47:
Hmmmm....MBBS

Pm Nairalanders,

I am a MBBS aspirant.
I
I have written three jamb and post jamb but MBBS admission hasn't come in. I applied Unilag once and ui twice.

Please, I need your advice on how to re strategize in other to make it next year.

Thanks in anticipation!

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:33am On Sep 17, 2019
If you're a medical student still in basic and you haven't read this book, you might just be missing out on something big!
Contact me to get yours.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:35am On Sep 17, 2019
If you want to learn how to create awesome book covers and logos with your phone you can also contact me. A training will soon kick-start. It's not free but very affordable.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Whitetalker: 11:03am On Sep 17, 2019
Ademola47:
Hmmmm....MBBS

Pm Nairalanders,

I am a MBBS aspirant.

Thanks in anticipation!
Restrategize you say?
Then why are you still applying UI that has rejected you twice. Except there is something you are not telling us as to why you didn't get in at UI.
Have you been performing well? How close have you been to Mbbs cutoff mark so far?
This will help to advice you on what next to do. All the best.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taymeey: 11:10am On Sep 17, 2019
Good morning everyone, I posted a message up here about me needing help but I was totally ignored

Please I don't want to stay at home again
This is my third time of writing JAMB
I don't want to be in that situation again
Can you all just not ignore please

I'm an MBBS aspirant , oau..... Although I don't know what the cut off is yet but I don't want to take chances.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by CentiLion(m): 11:31am On Sep 17, 2019
Taymeey:

I got 316 in JAMB this year and I did fairly well in the post utme. But I'm scared I might not get in on merit and I don't have connections. Any help I can get please?
Cc: Orezy5
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Protein0: 11:41am On Sep 17, 2019
Taymeey:

I got 316 in JAMB this year and I did fairly well in the post utme. But I'm scared I might not get in on merit and I don't have connections. Any help I can get please?
Fairly well is relative.. Can you say your post utme score and your state? kiss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starkid3010(m): 5:46pm On Sep 17, 2019
FuckBots:
Mbbs na scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grin why you talk that
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starkid3010(m): 5:48pm On Sep 17, 2019
Ademola47:
Hmmmm....MBBS

Pm Nairalanders,

I am a MBBS aspirant.

Thanks in anticipation!
ademola how far
Send me whatsapp number
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starkid3010(m): 5:50pm On Sep 17, 2019
Taymeey:
Good morning everyone, I posted a message up here about me needing help but I was totally ignored

Please I don't want to stay at home again
This is my third time of writing JAMB
I don't want to be in that situation again
Can you all just not ignore please

I'm an MBBS aspirant , oau..... Although I don't know what the cut off is yet but I don't want to take chances.
whats your aggregate and where are you from
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taymeey: 5:52pm On Sep 17, 2019
Starkid3010:
whats your aggregate and where are you from

My aggregate is 75.7% and I'm from osun state
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starkid3010(m): 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2019
Taymeey:

My aggregate is 75.7% and I'm from osun state
thats kinda low cos last year was 79 and catchment was 78.3
You just have to wait and be patient
Oau will give you another course if the CM doesn't favor you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taymeey: 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2019
CentiLion:

Cc: Orezy5

Sorry wah dyu mean
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taymeey: 5:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
Starkid3010:
thats kinda low cos last year was 79 and catchment was 78.3
You just have to wait and be patient
Oau will give you another course if the CM doesn't favor you

I don't want another course�������

I've worked so hard for this
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taymeey: 5:59pm On Sep 17, 2019
Protein0:

Fairly well is relative.. Can you say your post utme score and your state? kiss

Aggregate is 75.7% and from osun state
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starkid3010(m): 5:59pm On Sep 17, 2019
Taymeey:

I don't want another course�������

I've worked so hard for this
can we chat on whatsapp
Drop your number?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taymeey: 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
Starkid3010:
can we chat on whatsapp
Drop your number?

Okay....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starkid3010(m): 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
[quote author=Taymeey post=82322483]

Okay....
08[/quote OK will message you right now
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taymeey: 6:09pm On Sep 17, 2019
[quote author=Starkid3010 post=82322582][/quote]

Alright
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Protein0: 7:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
Taymeey:

Aggregate is 75.7% and from osun state
last year, merit was 79% and Osun was 77.8%
2 years ago, merit was 76% and Osun was 75%
3years ago, merit was 78% thereabouts

What local govt in Osun are you from??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ademola47(m): 9:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
Tela101:

Oyo state.

Starkid3010:
ademola how far
Send me whatsapp number

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sexysage(m): 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
Evening guys

Pls I need help on this physics question

A charged capacitor of 5x10^-2 capacity is charged through a resistor R of 20 ohms and copper voltmeter of internal resistance 30 ohms connected in series. If 4.62x10^-6 kg of copper was deposited, calculate the heat generated in resistor, R. Electrochemical equivalent of copper is 3.3x10^-7 kg/c

The crazy prof said d ans is 784J
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 17, 2019
Ademola47:

Oyo state.

Why don't you try another school like UNN, I believe with hard work and prayer you will get it.

I have some Yoruba friends in my class, their screening score wasn't up to 300 and they got medicine.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 10:44pm On Sep 17, 2019
TONYE001:

Before you take any defining step (like withdrawing from your current school), have your parents go to selected medical schools (especially federal) and get first hand information.

Don't know, maybe you can write UniAbuja. Attach your transcript in the mail.

Wish you the best!

Is UniAbuja Medicine now fully accredited?

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.