Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,669 members, 7,801,934 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (646) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1819132 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (904) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Acecube(m): 6:58pm On Nov 10, 2019
Carotid:

Unibeb all the way.
Congrats
Thanks ma
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OwoukoUrua(m): 12:24am On Nov 11, 2019
Drmohammedjibrin:
Al-hamdulilah,i have just been admitted

congratulations man
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 12:40am On Nov 11, 2019
Thewhizzkid1:
My essay has just been published for for a contest. And I please need your votes. You can vote by liking the article (the facebook like icon is at the bottom of the article, just wait for the link to finish loading), by tweeting, by sharing and by commenting. *Liking and commenting are most important*. But you can tweet and share as well. Please and please m begging you guys o..
Help your boy o....
This is the link to my article...Make una help una guy biko..
https://nuhafoundation.org/home/blog/bloggingentries/2019/adult/trust-your-instincts-forget-their-opinions/#.Xar1t8Yo-w4
Please guys. Voting is ending in three weeks time. Make una help una boy. If the like icon isn't showing, just please leave a comment. Please try to read the article and critic it in a positive way. Thanks a lot.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Elizab: 12:44am On Nov 11, 2019
hagiosfemi:

Pls, Are U A New Path Pharm Medic? School?
thanks for the feedback
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drmohammedjibrin: 6:27am On Nov 11, 2019
OwoukoUrua:

congratulations man

thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jaymorgan(m): 12:16pm On Nov 11, 2019
Please does any school in the south west accept a first degree in chemistry into medicine via de?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2019
It's been a while...
Removes cobwebs..
Anyways, AAU MBBS aspirants can contact me via 08183926896 for tips and info..

To all bosses in dha house, I greet Una.. I nor know whether Una go still remember mah Moniker.. E Don Tay Sha

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 12:35pm On Nov 11, 2019
jaymorgan:
Please does any school in the south west accept a first degree in chemistry into medicine via de?

University of Calabar and NDU consider graduates of Chemistry for DE into Medicine.

LASU states that she "will consider a Bachelor of Science with a minimum of Second class Upper Division for admission." (LASU doesn't specify the disciplines)

You will do well to enquire more about DE with Chemistry into the above institutions.

Source: JAMB Brochure.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by docyomex(m): 9:21pm On Nov 11, 2019
jayunion:
Please I need you guys to advise me.

I'm a DE candidate (used my first degree) in UNILORIN. The program I applied for was Medicine & Surgery and I wasn't admitted but I got a transfer offer to physiology on JAMB CAPS. I will ACCEPT the physiology only if I'm sure I can be demoted by the school to 100level instead of starting from 200level as per DE (there's a tradition in UNILORIN in which the 10 best 100level students in each of anatomy and physiology will cross to 200level Medicine which is not applicable if I begin from 200level). Also, I learnt that if I should REJECT the offer to physiology on JAMB CAPS, I'll be placed on the MarketPlace offers in which other universities might offer me Medicine & Surgery but it might be state or private universities which I can't afford monetarily.
Please what do you think I should do?

The market place Will only be admission from a new private university
And it might not be MBBS
Go for physiology, study hard...
Apply for DE again
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by emperor272(m): 9:49pm On Nov 11, 2019
[quote author=OloladeWrites post=83849978] Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo are the catchment states of OAU.

Thanks boss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tomiwaaa(m): 10:35pm On Nov 11, 2019
cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jaymorgan(m): 5:17pm On Nov 12, 2019
horpeyemmi66:

University of Calabar and NDU consider graduates of Chemistry for DE into Medicine.

LASU states that she "will consider a Bachelor of Science with a minimum of Second class Upper Division for admission." (LASU doesn't specify the disciplines)

You will do well to enquire more about DE with Chemistry into the above institutions.

Source: JAMB Brochure.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Acecube(m): 10:10pm On Nov 13, 2019
[quote author=tomiwaaapost=83945202]congratulations sir....
I'm very happy for you...
pls can you send me your WhatsApp digits I want to ask some questions concerning AAU DE into medicine...
I also applied for MBBS into unilorin this year via DE. scored 80% and was given nothing.[/] I guess this message was directed at me boss. If yes, kindly drop yours and I will do the needful Sir...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Acecube(m): 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2019
docyomex:

The market place Will only be admission from a new private university
And it might not be MBBS
Go for physiology, study hard...
Apply for DE again
He already has a degree most likely in the Basic medical sciences or biological sciences from what I can deduce from his post, taking Physiology and starting from 200lvl will just be an unnecessary stress if you ask me... He should channel his energy in taking Utme and DE for MBBS

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LucaB: 2:44am On Nov 14, 2019
Dbrainiac1:

Please anyone with working link

Anatomy:
1--> KLM for Gross Anatomy
2--> Snell's Anatomy
3--> BD Churassia
4--> RJ Last
5--> Grey's Anatomy
6--> Langman Embryology
7--> KLM for Embryology
8--> BD For General Anatomy
9--> Dissector
10--> Di Fore Histology
11--> Junqueira's Histology
12--> Netter Atlas of human Aantomy

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LYV9KQ3lxY29FY28

Physiology:-
1--> Guyton
2--> Ganong
3--> Sheerwood
4--> Sembulingam

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LdXlCSjdZM214dEE

Biochemistry:-
1--> Harper
2--> Lippincott
3--> Chatterjea
4--> Satyanarayan
5--> Stryer
6--> MRS Biochemistry

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0Ld0o3WnhCR2VEczg

Pathology:-
1--> Big Robins
2--> Medium Robins
3--> Pathoma
4--> Goljan
5--> Harsh Mohan Pathology
6--> Atlas of Histopathology
7--> Levinson
8--> MRS microbiology
9--> Microbiology by Jacquelyn G. Black
10--> Color Atlas of Microbiology
11--> Kaplan Pathology

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LYkRYdjFrTm5MR0U

Pharmacology:-
1--> Big Katzung
2--> Mini Katzung
3--> Kaplan Review
4--> Lippincott
5--> Pocket Katzung
6--> Rang and Dale's Pharmacology
7--> Atlas of Pharmacology

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LMkE1UUVRZGwtTlU

Forensic Medicine:-
1--> Simpson's Forensics
2--> Krishan's Forensics
3--> Atlas of Autopsy
4--> Atlas of Forensic Medicine

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LQXVwOGoyWnFSV2s

Ophthalmology:-
1--> Jogi
2--> Jatoi
3--> Parson's Textbook of Eye
4--> Kanski
5--> AK Khurana
6--> Atlas of ophthalmology

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LOHc5WVZMdkJjX2M

Otorhinolaryngology:-
1--> Dhingra
2--> Logans Turner
3--> Color Atlas of Otorhinolaryngology
4--> Maqbool's Text Book of ENT
5--> Clinical Methods in ENT by PT Wakode
6--> ENT at a Glance

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LaDY2a0lFNDlfTGc

Community Medicine:-
1--> Monica's Text Book Community Medicine
2--> Mahajan And Gupta Text Book of Community Medicine
3--> Bancroft's Text Book of Community Medicine

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0Lc1RCMml2NjhFNjA

Medicine:-
1--> Churchill's Pocketbook of DD
2--> MTB Step 2 Ck
3--> Davidson Essentials
4--> Davidson Principals and practice
5--> Harrison's Internal Medicine
6--> Internal Medicine USMLE Nuggets
7--> Internal Medicine on call bt LANGE
8--> Oxfords Specialties

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LeEFJNG5TMlc4eWc

Surgery:-
1--> Bailey_love short practice of Surgery
2--> Churchill's pocketbook of Surgery
3--> Deja Review of surgery
4--> Farquharson's Textbook of Operative General Surgery
5--> Hamilton Bailey’s Physical Signs
6--> Oxford Handbook of Clinical Surgery
7--> Schwartz's Principles of Surgery
8--> Macleod's Clinical Examination
9--> Macleod's Clinical Diagnosis

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LRFpFSG5hZ1pVWkE

Obstetrics & Gynecology:-
1--> Case Discussions in Obstetrics and Gynecology
2--> Deja Review of Obstetrics Gynecology
3--> Obstetrics by Ten Teachers
4--> Gynaecology illustrated
5--> Gynaecology by Ten Teachers

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LMU1LRjFDa1FrbjA

Pediatrics:-
1--> Nelson Essentials of Pediatrics[
2--> Nelson Complete
3--> Pediatrics Review

Folder link--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LUkdTQkVuNV92Yzg

1st Professional Books--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0Lay1HT1d5Yks5V0U

2nd Professional Books--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LemtmYXpYMGlydVk

3rd Professional Books--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LWmlCSHBpUFpPZU0

4th Professional Books--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LbnJvUzk3NHRhWWc

One Link For All eBooks--> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WdpdsqpX0LQW5tbWEtUmJJY0k.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by fantasticone1(m): 8:44am On Nov 14, 2019
Acecube:
He should channel his energy in taking Utme and DE for MBBS
I don't think this is possible anymore because of the new JAMB policy. You can't register without your NIN pin and I don't think you can have more than one pin. So the person will need to make a choice, UTME or DE but not the two at a time
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Acecube(m): 10:22am On Nov 14, 2019
fantasticone1:

I don't think this is possible anymore because of the new JAMB policy. You can't register without your NIN pin and I don't think you can have more than one pin. So the person will need to make a choice, UTME or DE but not the two at a time
House of rep are trying to suspend the use of NIN with valid reasons too... It will be quite unfair to limit the channels through which first degree holders can apply after making it impossible for one to apply to several schools in recent years via DE, denying one the privilege to try jamb alongside using his or her degree again is callousness if you ask me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
jayunion:
Please I need you guys to advise me.

I'm a DE candidate (used my first degree) in UNILORIN. The program I applied for was Medicine & Surgery and I wasn't admitted but I got a transfer offer to physiology on JAMB CAPS. I will ACCEPT the physiology only if I'm sure I can be demoted by the school to 100level instead of starting from 200level as per DE (there's a tradition in UNILORIN in which the 10 best 100level students in each of anatomy and physiology will cross to 200level Medicine which is not applicable if I begin from 200level). Also, I learnt that if I should REJECT the offer to physiology on JAMB CAPS, I'll be placed on the MarketPlace offers in which other universities might offer me Medicine & Surgery but it might be state or private universities which I can't afford monetarily.
Please what do you think I should do?

No state university will offer you admission when you didn't apply to them. It can only be private. I suggest you try another school next year since you're already a graduate. Or reject the offer and see where you'll be offered admission again. But it's just gambling. You should have combined DE with UTME so that if one doesn't work, you stick to the other one.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tomiwaaa(m): 9:05am On Nov 16, 2019
cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Acecube(m): 9:49am On Nov 16, 2019
tomiwaaa:

pls modify when quoting
noted
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drmohammedjibrin: 10:45am On Nov 16, 2019
SufferHeadAjebo:
CELEBRATE WITH ME!!, So Wonderful to see how things have changed within the space of a year with God's Grace, Mercy and Enormous Work Ethic... Thanks To God and Everybody that ever posted positive and Encouraging comments on here, I have Benefited From it and it has propelled me to be better ! Thank Y'all

hyy,pls how much did you pay for your registration fees............and i heard the fee has been reduced,how true is that?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FlordFlorez(m): 10:54am On Nov 16, 2019
Mandeyy:
No state university will offer you admission when you didn't apply to them. It can only be private. I suggest you try another school next year since you're already a graduate. Or reject the offer and see where you'll be offered admission again. But it's just gambling. You should have combined DE with UTME so that if one doesn't work, you stick to the other one.
Hi Mandey, hope u still rembr me. I stil need details abt UNN's DE procedures against next year.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ldama(m): 12:14pm On Nov 16, 2019
Hey guys
Pls do we have any medical student from ABU here
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 16, 2019
FlordFlorez:
Hi Mandey, hope u still rembr me. I stil need details abt UNN's DE procedures against next year.
First, buy the DE form. UNN conducts its UTME before DE exam. It'll be online when UNN starts selling forms for the DE screening. As for transcript, it's after you've been given admission that you'll pay them N10,000 to get it from your alma mater. DE admission into medicine at UNN is very competitive. You must score up to 330 to be on a safer side. Both 2.1 and 2.2 are offered admission depending on the candidate's score in the DE screening. UNN also offers DE admission to candidates who have GCE A-Level certificate and those who did a JUPEB programme too.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FlordFlorez(m): 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2019
Mandeyy:
First, buy the DE form. UNN conducts its UTME before DE exam. It'll be online when UNN starts selling forms for the DE screening. As for transcript, it's after you've been given admission that you'll pay them N10,000 to get it from your alma mater. DE admission into medicine at UNN is very competitive. You must score up to 330 to be on a safer side. Both 2.1 and 2.2 are offered admission depending on the candidate's score in the DE screening. UNN also offers DE admission to candidates who have GCE A-Level certificate and those who did a JUPEB programme too.
Thanks for the info. But i'm nt vying for medicine, it's MLS. And am an ND holder in SLT at Rufus Giwa Poly, Owo. I passed out with distinction. I'm also from Enugu State.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Funnyman: 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2019
Please who knows about internship update at uduth Sokoto?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2019
FlordFlorez:
Thanks for the info. But i'm nt vying for medicine, it's MLS. And am an ND holder in SLT at Rufus Giwa Poly, Owo. I passed out with distinction. I'm also from Enugu State.
You'll be offered admission. Just try in the DE screening and get up to 280. The department of medical laboratory science is at UNEC.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FlordFlorez(m): 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2019
Mandeyy:
You'll be offered admission. Just try in the DE screening and get up to 280. The department of medical laboratory science is at UNEC.
I'm grateful! Again, when do they normally conduct the aptitude test, i mean which month and what textbooks are recommended for the exam?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
FlordFlorez:
I'm grateful! Again, when do they normally conduct the aptitude test, i mean which month and what textbooks are recommended for the exam?
It's around August or September or October. Just read O-level textbooks of biology, chemistry, physics and English very well. Get some past jamb questions. You can also ask some people at UNN to give you past questions of DE screening. In fact, they sell past questions of the previous DE screenings there. The screening normally holds at Nsukka and it's computer-based.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2019
Ldama:
Hey guys
Pls do we have any medical student from ABU here
Dental Surgery here, just got in.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FlordFlorez(m): 6:41pm On Nov 16, 2019
Mandeyy:
It's around August or September or October. Just read O-level textbooks of biology, chemistry, physics and English very well. Get some past jamb questions. You can also ask some people at UNN to give you past questions of DE screening. In fact, they sell past questions of the previous DE screenings there. The screening normally holds at Nsukka and it's computer-based.
Good to hear that. I'll be happy if i'm admitted. I wish to ask if one can apply for NYSC b4 interns.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrAuthentic: 6:57pm On Nov 16, 2019
Testimony time
I finished university education in 2016 sat utme, had 280 picked UI, shot for MBBS but couldn't get admitted coz no post utme. in 2017, I picked UI again, sat utme, had 279, couldn't sit Post utme because I was in NYSC camp, faraway North. in 2018, I sat utme for the third time, while serving, had 330. I sat post utme exam, had 70. was 0.25 points below the cutoff. I was offered botany! In 2019, I sat utme again, had 329, changed institution coz I needed a break from a book-only. I changed to udusok. now I've been offered MBBS. plus I got a MSC admission to study overseas. my point: everything good will come eventually. just hold on and stay positive. it is well o.
PS: I actually read this thread from page 1 till 400+ in year 2017. I've met Dr Lagusta himself, so many others, especially UI doctors. stay true to your dreams. it is well.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (904) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.