Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (680) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1823011 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 17, 2020
David2O:
I scored 302 in Jamb but I'm still scared. I mean, do I have a chance where Gurus of 320+ are?

Pls, can anyone give me more information about U.I admission to MBBS? time allocation for Post-utme and required score.

You have done extremely well to score that high in UTME, However, start connecting with the medical undergraduates in UI on Facebook and other social media platforms you're on.
Heard the minimum you can score to stand a chance in Post UTME is 80/100 ,so you have a lot of work to do
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 4:03pm On Mar 17, 2020
ARCHEMEDESME:
someone said jamb has nullified the results as a result of many candidates scoring 99 in physics
Apparently something just doesn't feel right about the results JAMB has been releasing since Monday.

And this can eventually result in JAMB reducing Candidates scores or institutions increasing their Post-Utme cutoff marks.

Either ways, you guys would be fine.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 17, 2020
horpeyemmi66:

Apparently something just doesn't feel right about the results JAMB has been releasing since Monday.

And this can eventually result in JAMB reducing Candidates scores or institutions increasing their Post-Utme cutoff marks.

yea bro
or it's either the candidates didn't fail a single question
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bahaushe1: 4:57pm On Mar 17, 2020
drajjay:
I'll recommend ten teachers for o and g with agboola. Nelson or paedatrics in the tropics for paed.

Agboola and Azubuike should be okay for an undergraduate. Nelson is a reference textbook.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 17, 2020
ARCHEMEDESME:
someone said jamb has nullified the results as a result of many candidates scoring 99 in physics
Bros! all this news that are coming up are very normal, they always come up to scare candidates. results for the candidates have been released, not for all candidates though...just ignore whatever irrelevant news you hear.... they are just to make people scared.... you suppose know all this things by now na, no allow person scam you oh...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 17, 2020
horpeyemmi66:

oga! jamb cannot reduce candidates scores... it has never been done.... the only time jamb bleeped up back then was rectified by adding 40 marks to the already released scores( i wouldnt mind that happening now though, lol) but what i'm trying to spill is, they cannot reduce candidates scores... this present jamb registrar will not do it...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2020
Slimdan360:
With the one am seeing so,hope am not the one with the least jamb score o
the least i've seen is 157
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 6:30pm On Mar 17, 2020
ARCHEMEDESME:
I hope it doesn't result to a anything bad
no cause for alarm.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 6:31pm On Mar 17, 2020
Monkeyprick:

You have done extremely well to score that high in UTME, However, start connecting with the medical undergraduates in UI on Facebook and other social media platforms you're on.
Heard the minimum you can score to stand a chance in Post UTME is 80/100 ,so you have a lot of work to do
ok sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2020
horpeyemmi66:

post utme cut off would rather increase
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 6:33pm On Mar 17, 2020
BRYAN999:
Bros! all this news that are coming up are very normal, they always come up to scare candidates. results for the candidates have been released, not for all candidates though...just ignore whatever irrelevant news you hear.... they are just to make people scared.... you suppose know all this things by now na, no allow person scam you oh...
well said
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Slimdan360: 7:17pm On Mar 17, 2020
David2O:
the least i've seen is 157
But is it true dat the results are fake?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 10:17pm On Mar 17, 2020
Slimdan360:
But is it true dat the results are fake?
no. That's rumour
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Buzzer99: 9:20am On Mar 18, 2020
Hello...can someone who scored 292 in jamb have a chance to study MBBS at unizik...I need to know and also how is MBBS in unizik
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 18, 2020
Has anyone here seen his /her result for Monday 16/3/2020 UTME exam and how many days does it take for the result to come out?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
hmmmmm, I actually work hard but I end up scoring below my expectation.
please who has any idea about Lasu admission and point that can me dentistry in Lasu...
sir horpeyemmi66 :my parents kicked against the idea of me going to bornu I need advice.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2020
Monkeyprick:
Has anyone here seen his /her result for Monday 16/3/2020 UTME exam and how many days does it take for the result to come out?
Monday result is out
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Alexaonfleek: 10:58pm On Mar 18, 2020
DarkPheonix:
hmmmmm, I actually work hard but I end up scoring below my expectation.
please who has any idea about Lasu admission and point that can me dentistry in Lasu...
sir horpeyemmi66 :my parents kicked against the idea of me going to bornu I need advice.
mostly depends on your state of origin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 12:16am On Mar 19, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
mostly depends on your state of origin

I am using Ondo as my state of origin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jerrypolo(m): 1:42am On Mar 19, 2020
Hello medics here.
My name is Aaron and this is my brother's account. I just checked my utme result and I got 315, quite fortunately. My institution of choice is OAU but my friends are advising I change, truth is I'm scared likewise. I don't want to take any risk anymore. I believe there are experienced people here that can guide my path so I don't make silly mistakes.
Pls guys, I need suggestions. I need a school that can guarantee me admission into the medical school, preferably one that doesn't do post UTME. My waec is kind of sound too. 1A, 1B2, 1B3 and a C5 in physics. Please guys, help me, I'm confused. Someone suggested University of Uyo for me but I don't know if this my score will do the trick.

Thanks to you all in anticipation.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Alexaonfleek: 4:34am On Mar 19, 2020
DarkPheonix:

I am using Ondo as my state of origin
lasu favours mostly their indigenes a lot.
If you're not from Lagos,then you need to score very high in their screening score in order for you to stand a chance.
I guess with 75 and above for dentistry you should be good.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Michealjamal(m): 6:23am On Mar 19, 2020
[mmmm.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 6:54am On Mar 19, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
lasu favours mostly their indigenes a lot.
If you're not from Lagos,then you need to score very high in their screening score in order for you to stand a chance.
I guess with 75 and above for dentistry you should be good.
unfortunately my point is 71
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Alexaonfleek: 7:30am On Mar 19, 2020
Michealjamal:
hello I grad with 4.33 but most of my 0level r credit... I have b3 in geo econ and agric tho... D rest r credit... do I have a chance in lasu for d.e mbbs. Am a lagosian.
I really dunno how they do de screening in lasu,I'm only sure of utme.
Being a lagosian,you stand a chance anyways.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Alexaonfleek: 7:33am On Mar 19, 2020
DarkPheonix:

I wouldn't advise you to put in for lasu with that point.
But if you want to take the risk,it's okay
The odds might be in your favour.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 7:46am On Mar 19, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
I wouldn't advise you to put in for lasu with that point.
But if you want to take the risk,it's okay
The odds might be in your favour.
Don't think I would want to take the risk, I am not a kid and I am not getting younger again... my jamb score is 283, I have been assured by someone I will get medicine in aau but I don't really want medicine, do you think I stand any chance of getting dentistry in ui if I work hard?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HumanCalc: 8:59am On Mar 19, 2020
DarkPheonix:

Pls how did you calculate. Help calculate for 1A1, 4B3s and 305 in Jamb
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Commmy: 9:00am On Mar 19, 2020
Alexaonfleek pls how does AAU calculate their screening score? My younger sister want to school there. We want to calculate her score and know her chances
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HumanCalc: 9:02am On Mar 19, 2020
I am in a dilemma here again here oo. I got 305 in jamb with 1A1 and 4B3s in SSCE and chose AAU. Just this morning, a friend from Unical called me after hearing about my score and choice and begged me not to go to AAU. He said the school is very slow. As in painfully slow and that I might regret going there. He asked me to ckmsidec any other schools (I don't want schools that do putme though). I have been thinking about Unijos, can someone just clear me more on AAU, is AAU that slow? and pls advise me if I should go for another school and most importantly, which school?

Btw, I am from Osun state

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 9:13am On Mar 19, 2020
HumanCalc:
Pls how did you calculate. Help calculate for 1A1, 4B3s and 305 in Jamb
The 71% point I got is based on lasu point system I don't know if it is the same for aau.... on your aggregate based on the lasu point system is 80.125
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Slimdan360: 9:23am On Mar 19, 2020
I have 1 b3 and 4 C's how can I calculate my score,cos I picked ekpoma as first choice
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by igwedehxy: 11:00am On Mar 19, 2020
Jerrypolo:
Hello medics here.
My name is Aaron and this is my brother's account. I just checked my utme result and I got 315, quite fortunately. My institution of choice is OAU but my friends are advising I change, truth is I'm scared likewise. I don't want to take any risk anymore. I believe there are experienced people here that can guide my path so I don't make silly mistakes.
Pls guys, I need suggestions. I need a school that can guarantee me admission into the medical school, preferably one that doesn't do post UTME. My waec is kind of sound too. 1A, 1B2, 1B3 and a C5 in physics. Please guys, help me, I'm confused. Someone suggested University of Uyo for me but I don't know if this my score will do the trick.

Thanks to you all in anticipation.

U stand a big chance in Lasu

(1) (2) (3) ... (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: Shady92(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.