Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (713) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1819617 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) ... (904) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 11:45am On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

Yep ,15 .none in Nigeria is up to 50 sef because most are absorbed by govt
Alright thanks.......
Still indecisive of which school to choose yet, Seems there is no ending to the unrest in the north.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:46am On Jun 19, 2020
dunsin125:
You are correct, most of our medical schools ain't as standard as before or maybe they were not standard. We need more budget into schools and they should be to monitored to utilize it well.
I tell you Nigeria lacks maintenance culture
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:49am On Jun 19, 2020
DarkPheonix:

Alright thanks.......
Still indecisive of which school to choose yet, Seems there is no ending to the unrest in the north.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 11:51am On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

Yep I am still undecided. But, I am going for the basic medical science. Maybe nursing,medlab or physiotherapy. Then proceed later. I am not in a haste and I know you are.
Yeah I'm in haste brah....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by zenti99(m): 12:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

Yep I am still undecided. But, I am going for the basic medical science. Maybe nursing,medlab or physiotherapy. Then proceed later. I am not in a haste and I know you are.
Hello boss what's the breakdown for students admitted for medicine at Bayero university kano. Am not from the north wanna check something
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by militarydoctor: 1:16pm On Jun 19, 2020
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 19, 2020
zenti99:
Hello boss what's the breakdown for students admitted for medicine at Bayero university kano. Am not from the north wanna check something
169 admitted, most of them from Kano

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 1:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
DarkPheonix:

Yeah I'm in haste brah....
I understand ooo. Too much haste less speed also grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2020
militarydoctor:
Good afternoon my people, Pls Does Unimed conduct putme exam? if yes what are the subject combination for Med&surg..and also how competitive Is the school in terms of admission...Thanks in advance 4 ur anticipated responses.
EkoUnimed?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by militarydoctor: 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

EkoUnimed?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by zenti99(m): 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
Pocohontasboo:

169 admitted, most of them from Kano
thanks sir that's serious was there any body on the list from the west
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

I tell you Nigeria lacks maintenance culture
Even the schools are not interested in maintaining them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
militarydoctor:
University of Medical Sciences, Ondo state.
Yep, they do. I know their quota is 50 but they admitted 61. Competition is stiff there but it is good
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
zenti99:
Yep there was, even from the east but they were less than 15
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by militarydoctor: 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

Yep, they do. I know their quota is 50 but they admitted 61. Competition is stiff there but it is good
0k bro, Thank Y0U!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
zenti99:
yes quite few
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Khub: 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

Please what's uniabuja quota, and how do they accept student for Medicine from parts of Nigeria.. which part has highest candidates
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 4:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Khub:

Please what's uniabuja quota, and how do they accept student for Medicine from parts of Nigeria.. which part has highest candidates
My two cents Don't choose any university in the north, not even UDUSOK,UNIJOS ,ABU,BUK,UNIMAID. They will ship you to another Department.
Best to choose medicine if you have over 280 or 275 good O level and you can ace their post utme.
LASU
UNILAG
OAU
LAUTECH
DELSU
EBSU
UNIZIK
UNN.
UNIILORIN.
If your waec is not that strong but your Jamb is well above 280 and you can ace their post utme.
Choose
UI
UNIBEN
THANK YOU.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Khub: 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

My two cents Don't choose any university in the north, not even UDUSOK,UNIJOS ,ABU,BUK,UNIMAID. They will ship you to another Department.
Best to choose medicine if you have over 280 or 275 good O level and you can ace their post utme.
LASU
UNILAG
OAU
LAUTECH
DELSU
EBSU
UNIZIK
UNN.
UNIILORIN.
If your waec is not that strong but your Jamb is well above 280 and you can ace their post utme.
Choose
UI
UNIBEN
THANK YOU.

Thanks boss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Commmy: 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

LASU
UNILAG
OAU
LAUTECH
DELSU
EBSU
UNIZIK
UNN.
UNIILORIN.
Choose
UI
UNIBEN
THANK YOU.

DELSU, UNIZIK and UNN doesn't make use of o'level

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MedicBlaze(m): 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
dunsin125:
Some schools graduate more than their quota, there is a way they do it. They do the induction in batches, I think two batches.

Exactly
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mete3: 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:
It is very painful when an aspiring medical student gets Biochemistry instead of medicine. Take for Instance Delsu----->256 biochemistry student.
For me I prefer chemistry than biochemistry. If you know your chemistry well you will get a good job.

@Zeeknow3245
u mean u prefer going for chemistry rather than biochemistry... buh biochem is a medical related course nw...y u con prefer chem.. that is jus ordinary science course... Lolz
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 5:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
mete3:

@Zeeknow3245
u mean u prefer going for chemistry rather than biochemistry... buh biochem is a medical related course nw...y u con prefer chem.. that is jus ordinary science course... Lolz cry

@Zeeknow3245
u mean u prefer going for chemistry rather than biochemistry... buh biochem is a medical related course nw...y u con prefer chem.. that is jus ordinary science course... Lolz
Yep I will choose chemistry anyday over biochemistry. Lol Do you know chemistry is harder than biochemistry and With a bit of chemistry, biochemistry will be a childs play. Besides chemists work virtually every. From pharmaceuticals,to cosmetics,to brewry to .....
A foundation of chemistry will make you know biochem. Besides Biochem is much of a waste in naija. Recall there is, organic,analytic,industrial chemistry.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mete3: 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
Is like u're giving me hope cus I'm studying Chemistry...intend to go for med after my first degree.. I never knew someone on this earth planet will choose chemistry over biochem.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mete3: 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

Yep I will choose chemistry anyday over biochemistry. Lol Do you know chemistry is harder than biochemistry and With a bit of chemistry, biochemistry will be a childs play. Besides chemists work virtually every. From pharmaceuticals,to cosmetics,to brewry to .....
A foundation of chemistry will make you know biochem. Besides Biochem is much of a waste in naija. Recall there is, organic,analytic,industrial chemistry.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 6:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

This guy, you're very funny. I wouldn't be saying anything more.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by militarydoctor: 6:40pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

bitter truth

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brukx(m): 7:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

Clears throat

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Haustyne(m): 7:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

Yep I will choose chemistry anyday over biochemistry. Lol Do you know chemistry is harder than biochemistry and With a bit of chemistry, biochemistry will be a childs play.
Besides chemists work virtually every. From pharmaceuticals,to cosmetics,to brewry to .....
Lol, this is really funny, and also biochemists work in the places u mentioned

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drvt: 7:25pm On Jun 19, 2020
a big thanks to the minds behind this thread...I've really gained a lot...just that I no understand admission this year oo.
is it certain it will start next month till August or we should chillax first?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
horpeyemmi66:

This guy, you're very funny. I wouldn't be saying anything more.
Yep that is what most Biochemistry and Microbiology students are made to believe in by their wicked lecturers. The normal story is that you are indispensable in the health field and you can work anywhere. Biochemistry is hard although not as hard as chemistry. Nigeria is very frustrating for the afforementioned even for chemistry but the advantage chemistry has is that it is indispensable in Industries. Even first class they find am difficult for Biochem and Microbiology. There is medical laboratory science,chemical pathology,medical microbiology,clinical chemistry. Which lab scientist and Doctors can easily fit in. Infact getting a space in the medical field for microbiologist and biochemists is herculean compared. That is why most of them open illegal labs or work in quack private hospitals for cheap pay. A chemist never bothers his/herself about medical field. Except for DE, likewise biochemistry and Microbiology. There are lots of jobless chemistry graduates in Nigeria but not to be compared to Biochem and Microbiology. It is easier for a chemist to get a job in a petroleum field than the afforementioned. Chemistry is broad, so with a first class,or 2:1 and you know your pepper and onions, you go make am

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drvt: 7:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

LASU
UNILAG
OAU
LAUTECH
DELSU
EBSU
UNIZIK
UNN.
UNIILORIN.
Choose
UI
UNIBEN
THANK YOU.

I really like this...you've said the pure truth. only God knows how many hearts will have blessed you after reading this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) ... (904) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.