Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1822583 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Cyndy123(m): 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2020
Please, is there anyone who has done or knows about inter-university transfer for medical students. I'll soon be taking my first MB exam when schools resume, but I want to transfer to another university immediately after passing the MB exams to start clinicals in another school as my current university is having accreditation problems, and I believe it's best to start making moves now before its too late and one is stuck later on. I'm thinking of University of Calabar, University of Uyo, UNIBEN, uniport or any other federal university in the south.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2020
Cyndy123:
Please, is there anyone who has done or knows about inter-university transfer for medical students. I'll soon be taking my first MB exam when schools resume, but I want to transfer to another university immediately after passing the MB exams to start clinicals in another school as my current university is having accreditation problems, and I believe it's best to start making moves now before its too late and one is stuck later on. I'm thinking of University of Calabar, University of Uyo, UNIBEN, uniport or any other federal university in the south.
You can make enquiries in the schools you intend to go as soon as schools resume...The process may be arduous but it's worth it.. Accreditation is something you don't joke with.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 6:54pm On Jul 12, 2020
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 7:55pm On Jul 12, 2020
Zeeknow3245:
What do u advice for me my pipuru. So fortunately/unfortunately for me I switched to medicine from med lab but the pain is that The school is unilag. Though my score ain't that bad. I was promised that I can't change my course again. So what do I do now. Go with the follow or Bear the course they give me if i did not reach tge cut off for Unilag medicine. By the way has anyone here being admitted to study medicine in unilag here?
The cutoff for medicine last year was I think 81 or so. I think they use O'level too, I am not sure but make your findings probably you will need to change institution.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EricBraven: 11:31pm On Jul 12, 2020
dunsin125:
The cutoff for medicine last year was I think 81 or so. I think they use O'level too, I am not sure but make your findings probably you will need to change institution.
Please I would like to know if UNILAG offers nursing and if yes what Was their cut off marks for last year
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:48pm On Jul 12, 2020
dunsin125:
Thanks how is Lasu like
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:53pm On Jul 12, 2020
EricBraven:

Please I would like to know if UNILAG offers nursing and if yes what Was their cut off marks for last year

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by darasiiimiii(m): 11:56pm On Jul 12, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

Thanks how is Lasu like
They make use of UTME and Olevel only,no Post-UTME.It also helps if you are an indigene or from the south-west.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 12:06am On Jul 13, 2020
darasiiimiii:

They make use of UTME and Olevel only,no Post-UTME.It also helps if you are an indigene or from the south-west.
grin grin grin,na wa for dis indigene thing as if I wasn't born and bred here in Lagos.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by darasiiimiii(m): 12:14am On Jul 13, 2020
Zeeknow3245:
grin grin grin,na wa for dis indigene thing as if I wasn't born and bred here in Lagos.
Same thing i said,but it is what it is.They just have a higher preference for them i guess.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EricBraven: 6:05am On Jul 13, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

Dude I went to Cbt centre them tell me No nursing I was pissed off. I really wanted to do Nursing in Unilag. They are the best and I tell you but as I went to change my course dem tell me say no Nursing
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:24am On Jul 13, 2020
EricBraven:

Thanks
You can choose Dentisrry,med lab,Physiotherapy,radiography those are nice
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EricBraven: 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

You can choose Dentisrry,med lab,Physiotherapy,radiography those are nice
I went for medicine last year in unizik but I wasn't picked with 273,so I don't know how dentistry will also look like
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2020
Hello house!!! My sister is having an issue right now. My sister was offered admission into medlab in AAU but the admission is not reflecting on Jamb CAPS, right now the school asked all the those offered admission to accept their admission on jamb CAPS before 15th of July or forfeit their admission, but her CAPS is still showing not admitted, Please what can be done to rectify this issue, anybody who is faced with similar issue, should please let me know what can be done to fix it.....
Can jamb Regularization be done to rectify this issue?
Please house treat as urgent!!!
Egghead, darasiiimiii, horpeyemmi66, Haustyne
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2020
DarkPheonix:
Hello house!!! My sister is having an issue right now. My sister was offered admission into medlab in AAU but the admission is not reflecting on Jamb CAPS, right now the school asked all the those offered admission to accept their admission on jamb CAPS before 15th of July or forfeit their admission, but her CAPS is still showing not admitted, Please what can be done to rectify this issue, anybody who is faced with similar issue, should please let me know what can be done to fix it.....
Contact the school to be sure she has been admitted and her name was sent to jamb.

Contact jamb(either via Twitter or via mail) to see if it's from their end
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2020
Donpre:

Contact the school to be sure she has been admitted and her name was sent to jamb.

Contact jamb(either via Twitter or via mail) to see if it's from their end
She has been offered admission on the school portal, already paid acceptance and school fee she also has matric number..
She is not the only one with this issue now.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 4:24pm On Jul 13, 2020
DarkPheonix:
You can lodge a complaint to JAMB here: https://support.jamb.gov.ng/candidate-support/create-general-ticket.

And relax, AAU nominated and admitted your sister which means she has no issues with the school.

Just contact JAMB, I believe they've got some explaining to do or just maybe, just maybe the school hasn't forwarded the names for her batch.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2020
horpeyemmi66:

You can lodge a complaint to JAMB here: https://support.jamb.gov.ng/candidate-support/create-general-ticket.

And relax, AAU nominated and admitted your sister which means she has no issues with the school.

Just contact JAMB, I believe they've got some explaining to do or just maybe, just maybe the school hasn't forwarded the names for her batch.
Thank you very much for this.
The site is showing the page you are looking for doesn't exist.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
DarkPheonix:

Thank you very much for this.
The site is showing the page you are looking for doesn't exist.
It worked when I checked it out (I slinged shot from Google though).

Try this then: http://jamb.gov.ng/Support
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:10pm On Jul 13, 2020
EricBraven:

I went for medicine last year in unizik but I wasn't picked with 273,so I don't know how dentistry will also look like
I think Dentistry will be tough since it has limited space. Wish that Nigeria runs US system of 4 years medical degree and a Bsc or BA or any other field

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:14pm On Jul 13, 2020
DarkPheonix:
I understand this, there is a cause to worry. My Neighbour's son was kicked out with others because their name did not appear on JAMB CAPS although his name appeared on the school's portal. Hes said it is called Fake Admission. This is happened in DELSU political science. Most state schools have this issues.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 10:38pm On Jul 13, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

I understand this, there is a cause to worry. My Neighbour's son was kicked out with others because their name did not appear on JAMB CAPS although his name appeared on the school's portal. Hes said it is called Fake Admission. This is happened in DELSU political science. Most state schools have this issues.
All these schools have problem, how can they toy with someone's admission just because of acceptance and school fees.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by darasiiimiii(m): 11:16pm On Jul 13, 2020
DarkPheonix:
a friend of mine also admitted to experiencing this,same school,same course.Contacting JAMB would be the best bet or going to their office.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by darasiiimiii(m): 11:21pm On Jul 13, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

I think Dentistry will be tough since it has limited space. Wish that Nigeria runs US system of 4 years medical degree and a Bsc or BA or any other field
This i support as it will help in the transition to medicine,it also enables improved assimilation as the students will have prior knowledge of most of what they are to do in the medical school.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 12:11am On Jul 14, 2020
darasiiimiii:

This i support as it will help in the transition to medicine,it also enables improved assimilation as the students will have prior knowledge of most of what they are to do in the medical school.
But you scored over 250 right? Read hard for post utme although it cut off mark is not that high,you need high mark in PUTME. Goodluck
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 12:12am On Jul 14, 2020
darasiiimiii:

I have seen more than 15 students this affected so, Our educational board has a lot of issues
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 6:44am On Jul 14, 2020
horpeyemmi66:
It worked when I checked it out (I slinged shot from Google though).
Try this then: http://jamb.gov.ng/Support
Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EricBraven: 7:26am On Jul 14, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

I will try unn on nursing and hope for the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 9:51am On Jul 14, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

One of the reasons I'm not a fan of state universities.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:52am On Jul 14, 2020
MrEgghead:
One of the reasons I'm not a fan of state universities.
So many irregularaties in state universities,that is why you can see AAU is prevented from admitting medicine through UTME. They will soon ban all the health sciences
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NewJ6322: 5:37pm On Jul 14, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

So many irregularaties in state universities,that is why you can see AAU is prevented from admitting medicine through UTME. They will soon ban all the health sciences
I am not a student of AAU ekpoma but am very sure is because medicine has a partial accreditation that's why is like that what u said is impossible because medlab, nursing in that school has full accreditation ave u gone Tru the course outline of nursing in that school yr one to five u will Kno it can't be compared with any University in Nigeria most nursing students repeat Because of the tough, hectic and bulky nursing curriculum

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.