Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1822451 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Khriztarl(f): 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2020
dunsin125:
Your score is quite low for medicine and you know the quota for IMSU is 50.
hmm. I see, so you suggest i stick to nursing huh?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 4:43pm On Aug 08, 2020
Khriztarl:

For you to know even if you are to stick to nursing, you have to get information from a student there about the cutoff so you can know your chances. Medicine and Nursing are both competitive.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2020
Khriztarl:

I will help you ask around probably I will get someone who is studying there.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oyetunjibaba: 6:13pm On Aug 08, 2020
Oluwaseun1995:

UNIPORT do not show their cut off mark, but

With aggregate of 285+ you may have Medicine
With 250+ you may get Nursing

And their is no Med Lab in UNIPORT

Bro, please I have few questions to ask.
It's about uniport registration.
Is there need to upload any credential online? Unlike UNN which requires it
because as it is, am not with it(i left it somewhere sha,e dy far from where i dey).
So i won sure before i obtain ham
if i may ask,what are the requirement apart from the olevel ? Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Waramiedema63: 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2020
Can I use awaiting degree result to apply for medicine in UNN
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Waramiedema63: 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2020
Will they accept me in UNN I am from Delta
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oluwaseun1995: 9:27pm On Aug 08, 2020
oyetunjibaba:

Bro, please I have few questions to ask.
It's about uniport registration.
Is there need to upload any credential online? Unlike UNN which requires it
because as it is, am not with it(i left it somewhere sha,e dy far from where i dey).
So i won sure before i obtain ham
if i may ask,what are the requirement apart from the olevel ? Thanks

Registration doesn't require any credential uploadi, just make sure your credentials are uploaded on Jamb portal...

During UNIPORT PUTME registration, you'll only input your O level courses with their respective grades
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Khriztarl(f): 9:42pm On Aug 08, 2020
dunsin125:
I will help you ask around probably I will get someone who is studying there.
dunsin125:
For you to know even if you are to stick to nursing, you have to get information from a student there about the cutoff so you can know your chances. Medicine and Nursing are both competitive.
Owk. Thanks please contact me when you do.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 11:07pm On Aug 08, 2020
Khriztarl:

Owk. Thanks please contact me when you do.
The person is yet to reply, send me a pm.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ShahRukhKhan: 12:23am On Aug 09, 2020
drvt:
Nawa oo..on top this studying medicine grin..2.5 million for school fees.. though my first time of hearing about the school sef..

There are schools paying as 5 million plus other charges in this country too.
Anyways, cheers to us who can't even pay more than 100K per year.
Na the same MBBS we go collect.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ShahRukhKhan: 12:32am On Aug 09, 2020
VicThory:

I planned on Unizik, indigen, and my score is better than many people sha.
Thanks
lol. You're funny. Do you want the blunt truth or I should mind my business? THE TRUTH is your score is not anywhere better than anybody else. Do you think it is 180 they are using to enter MBBS in unizik?
Do a rough sample estimate in your hood. How many applied for mbbs in unizik there. Gather at least 20 and it may be less than 3. Yet unizik is expected to receive at least 20,000+ aspirants for MBBS.
I'm not here to tell you to change course, I have never told anyone to change course. It is you that will sit your butt down, assess yourself, do your homework, try to do permutations with the possibility of you getting MBBS with your score.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drvt: 4:07am On Aug 09, 2020
ShahRukhKhan:
There are schools paying as 5 million plus other charges in this country too.
Anyways, cheers to us who can't even pay more than 100K per year.
Na the same MBBS we go collect.
mad!!! grin grin grin ...5 million every year for 6 years grin
I'll better not remain in this country grin...after you realise you've spent over 40 million to get a medical degree. grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oyetunjibaba: 4:36am On Aug 09, 2020
Oluwaseun1995:

Registration doesn't require any credential uploadi, just make sure your credentials are uploaded on Jamb portal...

During UNIPORT PUTME registration, you'll only input your O level courses with their respective grades

wow! Thank for ur respond jah bless you my brother
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by VicThory(m): 9:17am On Aug 09, 2020
ShahRukhKhan:
lol. You're funny. Do you want the blunt truth or I should mind my business? THE TRUTH is your score is not anywhere better than anybody else. Do you think it is 180 they are using to enter MBBS in unizik?
Do a rough sample estimate in your hood. How many applied for mbbs in unizik there. Gather at least 20 and it may be less than 3. Yet unizik is expected to receive at least 20,000+ aspirants for MBBS.
I'm not here to tell you to change course, I have never told anyone to change course. It is you that will sit your butt down, assess yourself, do your homework, try to do permutations with the possibility of you getting MBBS with your score.
I planned on using post ume and some connection.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DharmieDhrey(m): 9:44am On Aug 09, 2020
Good day buddies. I'm running JUPEB programme in UNILORIN. I know quite well I have to obtain D.E form. But I opted for UTME first...I didn't start the programme early but I don't have any problem covering the syllabus(seeking MBBS,was told I have to score 15 points and nothing less) What's bothering my mind is the 15 marks that has been allotted to C.A(dunno how true it is). I have missed lots of classes. I just hope the marks will be based on obj,theory and practical only...Someone should please clear my doubt...Thanks in anticipation.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Alexaonfleek: 10:24am On Aug 09, 2020
drvt:
I'll better not remain in this country grin...after you realise you've spent over 40 million to get a medical degree. grin
Even abroad studying medicine is veerryy expensive.
It's in naija you have some of the cheapest med schools in the world.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Michealjamal(m): 10:48am On Aug 09, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
. Not really.. MBBS is free in germany... But it's taught in german language.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ShahRukhKhan: 11:07am On Aug 09, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
I once argued this, but when I was presented with fact. I had to agree.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ShahRukhKhan: 11:12am On Aug 09, 2020
drvt:
Lmao. Most of them don't stay behind before náà.. You don't expect them to spend such amount and still be dragging for residency slot in Nigeria. Most actually have the capacity to do the MBBS abroad. Either stringent rules or just wanting to 'use' Nigeria based on how cheap medical education is in the country.
Na Dr. Emeka whey finish for UNN go dey struggle for residency slot in like 5 hospitals. Dr. Amaka Bailey whey finish for Bowen or Babcock don already japa go one state for US. �
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ShahRukhKhan: 11:15am On Aug 09, 2020
ShahRukhKhan:
Lmao. Most of them don't stay behind before náà.. You don't expect them to spend such amount and still be dragging for residency slot in Nigeria. Most actually have the financial capacity to do the MBBS abroad. Either stringent rules or just wanting to 'use' Nigeria based on how cheap medical education is in the country. It's rare to see medical students in private uni complain about tuition fees.
Na Dr. Emeka whey finish for UNN go dey struggle for residency slot in like 5 hospitals. Dr. Amaka Bailey whey finish for Bowen or Babcock don already japa go one state for US. �
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by infinitypro(m): 11:30am On Aug 09, 2020
Hello guys...trust u having a great Sunday?

As an introduction, I am a preclinical medical student of unijos.

So as part of my side hustle to keep body n soul in med school I do hyper realistic pencil portraits especially with dis covid break.

Below are some of my works.

You can contact my via calls/WhatsApp on 070 Three Three Zero Three, Eight Five, Six, Five.

I deliver anywhere within Nigeria...and timely too (14days max)

Thanks for your patronage...

You can refer me to your contacts and get something. Smiles.

Help a broad plz...jonzin 4 med school no b joke...u no go just fit concentrate...

More pix coming...

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drvt: 11:49am On Aug 09, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin ...and he finally gets a slot in zamfara.. while Dr bailey is settled already. This life can never be balanced grin
ShahRukhKhan:
Lmao. Most of them don't stay behind before náà.. You don't expect them to spend such amount and still be dragging for residency slot in Nigeria. Most actually have the capacity to do the MBBS abroad. Either stringent rules or just wanting to 'use' Nigeria based on how cheap medical education is in the country.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drvt: 11:51am On Aug 09, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
you study on loan abroad..and pay back instalmentally
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 12:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
VicThory:

Hehehehe
Your Connection better be strong.
Because when that time comes, you go see connect weh pass connect.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ejehijustice(m): 12:42pm On Aug 09, 2020
VicThory:

Jamb is making connection harder by the day with the introduction and remodelling of Jamb CAPS.

I will advise you to read the admission guideline released by JAMB for this year admission, if followed strictly, no level for connection o.

However, this is Nigeria and anything is possible but with the way this current registrar of JAMB is going he is moving to sanitise the whole admission process.

Connection will be easier if you have a good score. Anything short of that, you had better reconsidered your option.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 1:31pm On Aug 09, 2020
VicThory:

Bros, I hope you know that there is a quota and I doubt schools will admit above quota this year with what happened to AAU, UNN and some other schools and the Jamb registrar already said institutions that will be violate the guidelines will be sanctioned so the hope of getting admissions through connection is weak except the person you know is a Senior or lemme say a respected lecturer or probably a politician.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Khriztarl(f): 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2020
dunsin125:
The person is yet to reply, send me a pm.
email?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2020
ejehijustice:
Jamb is making connection harder by the day with the introduction and remodelling of Jamb CAPS.

I will advise you to read the admission guideline released by JAMB for this year admission, if followed strictly, no level for connection o.

However, this is Nigeria and anything is possible but with the way this current registrar of JAMB is going he is moving to sanitise the whole admission process.

Connection will be easier if you have a good score. Anything short of that, you had better reconsidered your option.
This is Nigeria my Dear.
In Admission Process, they have Merit 40%, Catchment Area 25% and ELDs 35%.
After the above has taken place, the next set of names are through connections and Lucky few close to cutoff mark. Even JAMB do add names too.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 3:53pm On Aug 09, 2020
dunsin125:
Bros, I hope you know that there is a quota and I doubt schools will admit above quota this year with what happened to AAU, UNN and some other schools and the Jamb registrar already said institutions that will be violate the guidelines will be sanctioned so the hope of getting admissions through connection is weak except the person you know is a Senior or lemme say a respected lecturer or probably a politician.
JAMB Registrar has been saying that every year. I don't support Connection though, especially when your Score is very low. If i have an opportunity to help anyone tomorrow, your Score Should be very close to the cutoff Mark.
How can a school Cut 325 or 81.25 and you have an Aggregate of 250 or 62.5 and still Want Medicine
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 3:56pm On Aug 09, 2020
samuelpeters:

This is Nigeria my Dear.
In Admission Process, they have Merit 40%, Catchment Area 25% and ELDs 35%.
After the above has taken place, the next set of names are through connections. Even JAMB do add names too.
Merit 45%, Catchment 35%, Elds 20%.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 3:57pm On Aug 09, 2020
MrEgghead:
Merit 45%, Catchment 35%, Elds 20%.
Thank you.
I knew i got it all mixed up though

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.