Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (752) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1822352 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MedicsDomain: 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2020
If you’re not comfortable with the downs of public schools in Nigeria(Strikes and all of that), why not try private medical schools which will give you the best medical training you can get in Nigeria?

Although these schools are quite expensive, they’re a true worth for your money. They’ve got the best facilities, updated curriculum, and state-of-the-art environment for nurturing the best doctors.

If you’re in search of good private medical schools to attend, then you’re in luck.

In this post, we’ve discussed the best 7 private medical schools in Nigeria 2020. We’ve also delved in to their fees and some important things to consider before opting into a private school in Nigeria.

If you’re in for this, then hop in through this link, and enjoy:
https://medicsdomain.com/best-private-medical-schools-in-nigeria/

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
GeneralOnovo:
Boss Dharmiedhrey, the form is still on sale,but as bro dunsin said you have to make them your first choice,also you have to hurryup with the reg. for your name to be sent to jamb.
That would be next year because they've sent it to Jamb already.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 11, 2020
[quote author=dunsin125 post=94838652] That would be next year because they've sent it to Jamb already.[/quote
Ok i thought they were still selling.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 6:57pm On Oct 11, 2020
[quote author=GeneralOnovo post=94839015][/quote] I doubt it. According to what we heard, the list has been sent to Jamb already for uploading.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 11, 2020
dunsin125:
I doubt it. According to what we heard, the list has been sent to Jamb already for uploading.
ok.bro i am finding it difficult to access my jamb caps,i don't know if you are also having same difficulty.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 10:08pm On Oct 11, 2020
GeneralOnovo:
ok.bro i am finding it difficult to access my jamb caps,i don't know if you are also having same difficulty.
I don't think I am.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2020
Marygreatful:
Good morning everyone, please can i still study medicine and surgery at my age i feel like as a girl it's late for me am so down right now, am 21 and i didn't write this year jamb which means i will be 22 next year.
hi
Can u email me? I'll like us to talk on FB.

Also an aspirant
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2020
dunsin125:
I don't think I am.
Ok thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vitamin17(m): 6:00pm On Oct 13, 2020
hello greetings great medics in the house pls I want to know which federal varsity is transparent in giving admission..I will be enrolling for next year's jamb thank you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mhizfateemah(f): 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2020
Vitamin17:
hello greetings great medics in the house pls I want to know which federal varsity is transparent in giving admission..I will be enrolling for next year's jamb thank you

Ui
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vitamin17(m): 6:50pm On Oct 13, 2020
Mhizfateemah:
Ui
are you a student of ui?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 11:15pm On Oct 13, 2020
Vitamin17:

UI and UNN.
My bro graduated from UI.
while i can confidently tell you UNN merit list is 99.9% Unadulterated same with UI.
I schooled in UNN btw.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 7:21am On Oct 14, 2020
samuelpeters:

UI and UNN.
while i can confidently tell you UNN merit list is 99.9% Unadulterated same with UI.
I schooled in UNN btw.
The same UNN that has been trending for sometime now... It's his choice anyways.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vitamin17(m): 7:21am On Oct 14, 2020
samuelpeters:

UI and UNN.
I schooled in UNN btw.

thank you sir..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vitamin17(m): 7:43am On Oct 14, 2020
MrEgghead:
The same UNN that has been trending for sometime now... It's his choice anyways.

sir don't be annoyed..what's happening in unn sir I would like to know thank you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 9:31am On Oct 14, 2020
MrEgghead:
I know where you are coming from. That was why i emphasized on Merit list. Every other list has elements of padding here and there.
It also depends on his state of origin too. Unlike UI, UNN doesn't have all the states as her catchment area(SE,North and SS). so if he's yoruba, he has the chance to make it only and if he reaches the cutoff.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 9:33am On Oct 14, 2020
Vitamin17:

sir don't be annoyed..what's happening in unn sir I would like to know thank you
They admitted too much.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vitamin17(m): 9:53am On Oct 14, 2020
samuelpeters:
They admitted too much.
so which fed varsity would you suggest for me.. am from South east, thank you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 10:04am On Oct 14, 2020
Vitamin17:

so which fed varsity would you suggest for me.. am from South east, thank you
Modified:
Right now, i prefer UNIZIK to UNN.
FUNAI in Ebonyi state is still coming up and their school fees is high. other Federal Universities in SE are either Agricultural or Technological based. So UNIZIK it is.

Or
You try UI.
just bear in mind that any Federal University you decide to go to outside SE and apart from UI, will require you to study hard and score very high.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 10:11am On Oct 14, 2020
Vitamin17:

In summary,
Admitting candidates into Medicine and some other courses way above the quota and the stringent measures used in weeding students out of Medicine have been the order of the day in UNN according to some persons accounts..Scroll through the previous posts for more details.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vitamin17(m): 11:03am On Oct 14, 2020
MrEgghead:
In summary,
Admitting candidates into Medicine and some other courses way above the quota and the stringent measures used in weeding students out of Medicine have been the order of the day in UNN according to some persons accounts..Scroll through the previous posts for more details.

thank you sir for the info, I appreciate....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OwoukoUrua(m): 5:12pm On Oct 14, 2020
samuelpeters:

Modified:
Right now, i prefer UNIZIK to UNN.
FUNAI in Ebonyi state is still coming up and their school fees is high. other Federal Universities in SE are either Agricultural or Technological based. So UNIZIK it is.

Or
You try UI.
just bear in mind that any Federal University you decide to go to outside SE and apart from UI, will require you to study hard and score very high.

no vex o . . . But it seems that you're trying to tell him that if he chooses UNIZIK or UI, he does not need to score "very high"
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 7:20pm On Oct 14, 2020
Vitamin17:

I can vouch for Uniport. At least the merit list(first batch as its called now) is truly based on merit.

Just score high in utme and post utme and you're in.

Relevant O'level grades(At least C in 5 core subjects) are required but not used in the computation.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 7:37pm On Oct 14, 2020
I just thought I should share this here for UI aspirants.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 7:39pm On Oct 14, 2020
OwoukoUrua:

no vex o . . . But it seems that you're trying to tell him that if he chooses UNIZIK or UI, he does not need to score "very high"
That's not what i meant sha....
With UNIZIK and UI, he has chances of being considered for pure Merit and catchment area.

Other universities May not have his state as catchment area and he's also from educational advantaged state. So his only chance maybe only pure Merit(to score very high) especially universities in SW and North. SS universities may have SE states as Catchment area though.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mhizfateemah(f): 9:15pm On Oct 14, 2020
Vitamin17:

I
are you a student of ui?
No
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrImmaculate(m): 11:00am On Oct 16, 2020
HumanCalc:
Thanks my boss. People need to know this. Guys are wasting precious years at home chasing what are only fantasies. I wasted 2 years of my life (well i became more sensible during that period) chasing "Big Schools" just because I couldn't bring myself to apply to another school when Fed. Unis weren't working out. If you get admitted to study in fed uni, I swear good for you, but what you need to know is that there is no advantage whatsoever apart from maybe lesser school fee and few months hype which will soon clear from one's eyes when you enter and see the stress you are in. All in all, each Nigerian unis whether state or federal have their own problems. About EBSU, i think it is about to get shot into the top 5 medical schools list in this country with the hospital they are building. The new Teaching Hospital is maddddddd.
Ebsuth is really doing wonders from what I've heard..
UNN should just up their game abeg! they're really jeopardizing medical education in this country ; all for the love of money! Schools like OOU and EBSU are beginning to outshine not just UNN but other federal unis as well...
Jambitos should therefore be wise now and choose wisely. Don't stay at home all in the name of going to a fed school. If you have the wherewithal and means for state uni, then go. The school you attend is not the badge for your career success!

PS: Been a while here

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrImmaculate(m): 11:04am On Oct 16, 2020
Froshchuksswart:

You should your school,MB policy

Like in UNN the former policy was that if you fail 1 or 2 you CAN resit the two exams in September,if you fail them again,you are leaving med school.

Now,it is only one attempt,if you fail one or two you are leaving automatically,no more resit in UNN

Haa!!! �. You guys are in oven na!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrImmaculate(m): 11:09am On Oct 16, 2020
samuelpeters:

Yes. They admitted too much plus those that transferred from other departments to medicine and dentistry. Even pharmacy is facing that issue. When i was in 2nd year, my friend in biological sciences transferred to pharmacy and they were almost 498+ and they can't graduate more than 180. So they will make the rules strict and drop so many people on the way.
Med school now is one attempt or you leave. They are also looking at increasing pass mark to 60. Maybe they have implementated that one sef.

I can not only but imagine the intense and profuse jacking they do there.. BTW, MDCN and NUC should look into this. For crying out loud, this is sheer callousness... 60 as pass mark
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dreeam: 7:56pm On Oct 16, 2020
Hi guys.

I want to know if those taking exams to enter year 2(didn't study for year1 or write UTME) used the same year 1 text books that UTME candidates use, to write their exams for entrance to year 2.
And can you list some general books on basic sciences e.g Cambridge A level Physics, how and why lecturers may select various books or be insistent on one particular book and maybe your own judgement on why you should or should not ( or a third idea) listen to them?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SESARS: 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2020
Please seniors with experience, I need help here. I am trying to order for my transcript to be sent to another school.
I don't know which to choose between original and certified true copy.
Also the payment, which should I go for?
Thanks in advance.

Mandeyy pls you assistance is highly needed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.