Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (779) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1822453 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Emmaxy9(m): 11:25pm On Mar 06, 2021
Baal18:
pls can one use the lamlad series for physics and chemistry to get a remarkable score in Jamb.?

can the lamlad series(phy, chem) still be used for 100lv MBBS(unn) since they do basic sciences...?

thank you

#Baal18

Although I didn’t use the series too well, Lamlad is actually a fantastic textbook to study for jamb. However, the goal shouldn’t be too much about textbooks per say but more about covering all that’s in the jamb syllabus. I used new school chemistry, had laser focus on likely questions while reading and everything was good to go.

Here’s a complete guide on how to do well in your jamb:
https://medicsdomain.com/how-to-score-above-300-in-jamb/

Concerning your second question, It varies. Unn post utme is essentially like a short form of jamb questions and your preparation materials for jamb will also be beneficial during the post utme.

If you check here, you’d see how Unn post utme exams and also the cut off marks for the previous years: https://medicsdomain.com/unn-cut-off-mark-for-medicine-and-surgery/

Are you a medical aspirant of Unn? I wish you the very best!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 07, 2021
@Emmaxy9 Wow!!! I din't know you were the mastermind behind medicsdomain blog.....that one of my favorite blog for medicine(tbh I visit the site almost every time and get my answers, even the links u brought I had gone through twice late January) it a very great blog
..thanks for creating such.....

and yes am an aspirant of unn....

thank you very much.....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Emmaxy9(m): 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
Baal18:
@Emmaxy9 Wow!!! I din't know you were the mastermind behind medicsdomain blog.....that one of my favorite blog for medicine(tbh I visit the site almost every time and get my answers, even the links u brought I had gone through twice late January) it a very great blog
..thanks for creating such.....

and yes am an aspirant of unn....

thank you very much.....

Wow. I never knew it had caused a lot of positive impact. How was your aggregate score? Was it high enough? I hope you’d get admission into Unn.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dreeam: 9:35pm On Mar 08, 2021
TONYE001:

1. Housejob placement is hard to come by, true; however, you have at least 6 years before you graduate and a new reform could sort this out.

2. There are entry exams into the postgraduate college. Pass the exam and you're in. Then you look for a centre that'd accept you. I think this is how it works.

I think you should concentrate on the immediate challenge which is getting into the program and graduating. Every other thing would fall in place, one way or the other.

Good day Sir, how can I view your diary, it's been locked ever since.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 7:28am On Mar 09, 2021
Dreeam:

Good day Sir, how can I view your diary, it's been locked ever since.

Locked? Don't know about that, chief.

But I do know that to read any diary here, you just be logged in. Maybe you tried viewing it as a guest.

If this doesn't solve the problem, you may need to write the moderators.

Good morning and have a great day.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sirmwill: 3:55am On Mar 10, 2021
Good morning Medics
Please is there any UI Medic on this platform?
Please I need urgent help on the recommended textbooks used by lecturers there for Medicine,for as many as the courses you have done from 200level up to your level
Thank you for your help
smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 5:51am On Mar 10, 2021
Sirmwill:
Good morning Medics
Please is there any UI Medic on this platform?
Please I need urgent help on the recommended textbooks used by lecturers there for Medicine,for as many as the courses you have done from 200level up to your level
Thank you for your help
smiley
Pes13
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 7:20am On Mar 10, 2021
BOOKWORMLUX:
Good afternoon everyone.
I am a 100 level student of nursing science and I am finding it difficult understanding organic chemistry which is a 3CU course I'm offering this semester.
Please can you help me with tips that would enable me to understand it better.
I would appreciate if you could list out some textbooks that would be useful to me, thanks and God bless.

Go back to your ababio ORAGNIC CHEMISTRY I & II
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sirmwill: 8:52am On Mar 10, 2021
David2O:

Pes13
David2O:
Hello!! Medics,

I want to study med&surg in University of Ibadan. Having followed this thread and Jamb threads, I've learnt some stuffs which might help.

There is no secret than to study hard and smart. Hence, I've struggled to purchase textbooks recommended by successful aspirants (lamlad chemistry, new school physics and modern biology) in addition to essential series at hand.

I've never been a dull student (not bragging pls) but 2020 jamb will be my third try. I was offered a course in 2018 (not U.I though) but I rejected because it wasn't what I want. Not offered anything this year since I didn't meet U.I's cut-off point.

I've started reading since September but I'm not sure if I would be able to finish those textbooks within few months left. Pls how can I achieve this because I'm not a nocturnal person?

I often use CBT practice app but the most frustrating part is that, my score varies after each test. Sometimes; 67, 84, 77, etc. what's really wrong? brain fluctuation? it saddens my heart and makes me less motivated. I want stable 90s and aggregate not less than 330.

Pls help the upcoming!!!

I'm not scared of the intensive competition of this course but her requirements of extremely high intelligence and excellent score to secure a slot.

However; I don't wish it becomes easier, I wish i become better.

If your reply was what you got when you were looking for help then,How will you have felt
Please,let's be guided smiley
We may later meet in UI and you will need my help or I will need your help...#BeGuided
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xandre: 9:27am On Mar 10, 2021
Sirmwill:

If your reply was what you got when you were looking for help then,How will you have felt
We may later meet in UI and you will need my help or I will need your help...#BeGuided
He actually helped tag the person that can help you.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 10, 2021
Sirmwill:

Pes13 is a nairaland moniker and not the video game

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samuelpeters(m): 9:35pm On Mar 10, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

I was trying to convince to try his best. If he does well he could get it. If they're not doing screening he could get a good score.
In Nigeria Agriculture is likelier to have a good prospect than biochemistry because with a bit of capital if one decides to save, he/she can reap massively especially in crop storage.
Agriculture is very good. More than that biochemistry or microbiology etal.

©️2021.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 9:58pm On Mar 10, 2021
samuelpeters:
Agriculture is very good. More than that biochemistry or microbiology etal.
©️2021.
The problem is Agriculture is not used for DE
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 12:33am On Mar 11, 2021
Sirmwill:

Smiles... The Pes13 I was referring to is not that soccer game joor grin. He is a 400lvl (I guess) medical student in UI, well known on this thread for motivating and counselling prospective medical students.

I quoted your post with a reply of his moniker to seek his attention to your predicament. I would have given my own opinion but I believe his will be more profound.

#BeGuided

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sirmwill: 12:55am On Mar 12, 2021
David2O:

Smiles... The Pes13 I was referring to is not that soccer game joor grin. He is a 400lvl (I guess) medical student in UI, well known on this thread for motivating and counselling prospective medical students.

I quoted your post with a reply of his moniker to seek his attention to your predicament. I would have given my own opinion but I believe his will be more profound.

#BeGuided
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sirmwill: 12:56am On Mar 12, 2021
David2O:

#BeGuided
Sorry about ... smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Iamjerryodeghe: 1:10am On Mar 12, 2021
Guys After 6years of trying. I've finally been admitted to study medicine.

It wasn't easy oo but God was there for me all along.

Who's gonna say Cheers to the latest doctor on here? grin

16 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 1:44am On Mar 12, 2021
Iamjerryodeghe:

Cheers!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 3:34am On Mar 12, 2021
Iamjerryodeghe:
Guys
After 6years of trying. I've finally been admitted to study medicine.

Congratulations brother.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Damson22: 7:10am On Mar 12, 2021
Iamjerryodeghe:

congratulations bro

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:40am On Mar 12, 2021
Iamjerryodeghe:

More blessings. This will never be the last.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ademola47(m): 9:58pm On Mar 12, 2021
Iamjerryodeghe:

Congrats bro!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Iamjerryodeghe: 1:28am On Mar 13, 2021
Ademola47:

Congrats bro!
Thanks chief

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Iamjerryodeghe: 1:28am On Mar 13, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

More blessings. This will never be the last.
Amen. Thanks bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Iamjerryodeghe: 1:29am On Mar 13, 2021
Damson22:

congratulations bro
Thanks boss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Iamjerryodeghe: 1:33am On Mar 13, 2021
MrEgghead:
Congratulations brother.
Thanks chief
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 13, 2021
Iamjerryodeghe:
Guys
After 6years of trying. I've finally been admitted to study medicine.

congratulations please which school ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by littleguy444: 11:07am On Mar 13, 2021
Iamjerryodeghe:

congrats bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kingsleyifebuch(m): 12:15pm On Mar 13, 2021
Emmaxy9:

Although I didn’t use the series too well, Lamlad is actually a fantastic textbook to study for jamb. However, the goal shouldn’t be too much about textbooks per say but more about covering all that’s in the jamb syllabus. I used new school chemistry, had laser focus on likely questions while reading and everything was good to go.

Here’s a complete guide on how to do well in your jamb:
https://medicsdomain.com/how-to-score-above-300-in-jamb/

Concerning your second question, It varies. Unn post utme is essentially like a short form of jamb questions and your preparation materials for jamb will also be beneficial during the post utme.

If you check here, you’d see how Unn post utme exams and also the cut off marks for the previous years: https://medicsdomain.com/unn-cut-off-mark-for-medicine-and-surgery/

Are you a medical aspirant of Unn? I wish you the very best!

my man how far,
how are going to tackle that anat comes 18th March?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dreeam: 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2021
Hello Chiefs in the house, if you have any experience in scholarship for a BSc degree, students straight out of highschool please help a brother.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rursh(m): 8:36am On Mar 14, 2021
LAMLARD Biology, Chemistry, Physics e.t.c textbooks in PDF for sale at an affordable price.
WhatsApp/Call +2348037737245
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Herbephe1(m): 11:17am On Mar 14, 2021
Cheers I have just been admitted to study medical lab,while... I'm still in my 200l battling with biochemistry

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.