Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,857 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (784) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1819526 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (904) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
zenti99:
pls help tag the bosses in the house I don't know their monikers
Did BUK conduct post utme? please what was your score?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by zenti99(m): 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2021
Iamjerryodeghe:
Congrats bro. Same here for me, 6yrs too here, was already pursuing a degree in Biochemistry as well, was already in my 200l till medicine came along this year.
Wow congrats
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by zenti99(m): 12:32pm On Apr 09, 2021
NewSoul:

Did BUK conduct post utme? please what was your score?
Yes they did I had 328
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
zenti99:
Good day fam. I have always dreamt of this day and as God will have it, it came to reality. After 6 attempts and 9 years in course of which I even had a degree in Biochemistry I am glad to say I eventually gained admission to study medicine yesterday.
My advice for aspirants is that be persistent, read hard but smart then most importantly look for a school that your chances will be much higher.( I wasted time with UI even to the extent that I had 300+ three times in a row yet I missed out narrowly each time due to the fierce competition).
To the bosses and senior colleagues in the house too pls I'll need your advice and input as regards being successful in medical school especially as I already in my mid twenties and the pressure on me is much.
(P.S: I was admitted to Bayero University Kano)
To begin with a big congratulations to you on your admission into Medicine, at last. Who is as great as our God? I am quite happy for you. You've proven yet again that delay isn't denial.

Now to the little advice, where I'd be coming from would be finance.

You've got a degree, you're a bit different from those without any prior knowledge of how a University education works.

So there's that part of how do I get money to foot bills...as a guy, one can't always call them at home for money, after all, you've got a degree.

This then begs the question: Where would the money come from?

The money can potentially come from you owning a business on campus, scholarships and investments (agriculture/ import and export).

Your business niche has to be carefully thought out. Not because everyone sells data you've got to sell data or everyone owns a printing shop, you've got to print documents. Still it could be what people are into only that you'd rebrand and reinvent thesame thing. Same idea, better approach.

It could be sourcing for used medical texts and reselling them or you selling fitted lab coats/ ward coats/ scrubs with very cool embroidery.

It could also mean selling laboratory consumables to final year/Msc/PhD candidates. You get the gist.

Speaking about scholarships, there is a plethora of them and I have heard about people who make upwards of 400k from scholarships alone every year. So you want to always be in the know about scholarships.

And investments could range from the gamut of agriculture (https://www.nairaland.com/5358517/digital-agriculture-investment-platforms-options/600#5358517.19220) to import/export to even owning your own farm and selling off your produce when they are mature...you could just visit occasionally and have someone watch over the place for you at an agreed price.

Also, you could help students paraphrase their project works and help them write chapters 1/Introduction and 2/Literature Review (I placed this last due to how tasking this is...you could do this when on break)

Ideas aren't limited to these but these are what I could think of off the top of my head.

Again, congratulations on your admission.

Savour every bit of this victory. You truly deserve it man.

Well done!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by zenti99(m): 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2021
horpeyemmi66:

To begin with a big congratulations to you on your admission into Medicine, at last. Who is as great as our God? I am quite happy for you. You've proven yet again that delay isn't denial.

Now to the little advice, where I'd be coming from would be finance.

You've got a degree, you're a bit different from those without any prior knowledge of how a University education works.

So there's that part of how do I get money to foot bills...as a guy, one can't always call them at home for money, after all, you've got a degree.

This then begs the question: Where would the money come from?

The money can potentially come from you owning a business on campus, scholarships and investments (agriculture/ import and export).

Your business niche has to be carefully thought out. Not because everyone sells data you've got to sell data or everyone owns a printing shop, you've got to print documents. Still it could be what people are into only that you'd rebrand and reinvent thesame thing. Same idea, better approach.

It could be sourcing for used medical texts and reselling them or you selling fitted lab coats/ ward coats/ scrubs with very cool embroidery.

It could also mean selling laboratory consumables to final year/Msc/PhD candidates. You get the gist.

Speaking about scholarships, there is a plethora of them and I have heard about people who make upwards of 400k from scholarships alone every year. So you want to always be in the know about scholarships.

And investments could range from the gamut of agriculture (https://www.nairaland.com/5358517/digital-agriculture-investment-platforms-options/600#5358517.19220) to import/export to even owning your own farm and selling off your produce when they are mature...you could just visit occasionally and have someone watch over the place for you at an agreed price.

Also, you could help students paraphrase their project works and help them write chapters 1/Introduction and 2/Literature Review (I placed this last due to how tasking this is...you could do this when on break)

Ideas aren't limited to these but these are what I could think of off the top of my head.

Again, congratulations on your admission.

Savour every bit of this victory. You truly deserve it man.

Well done!
Thanks boss for your heartfelt advice. I will ruminate on it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toriadera(f): 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2021
Pls those anyone have idea on the procedure for applying for internship in Ghana as a Nigerian . Or any guidelines.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 5:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
samuelpeters:

The chance is still low which is normal for Medicine. but it is not impossible.
You need to smash either her DE post UME or have a good O-level (depending on the one UNICAL uses).

NYSC certificate is not a prerequisite for admission.

©️2021.
Haba. Nysc is a prerequisite in most universities. This can mess up his clearance.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 5:21pm On Apr 09, 2021
Joecliff01:
please does anybody have an idea what the chance is of securing DE into medicine at Unical?....1 have a 2.1 in Biochemistry.Moreover is NYSC cert. a prerequisite for this mode of entry Admission?... thanks in anticipation of your warm regards..
Please have your nysc cert before applying for direct entry or atleast find out from the university directly if its needed or not cos in most universities it is. As for the chances, don't stress. Just know that you can do it. Get the past questions. Use the jamb past question booklets. Study and score the highest score you can. You will succeed. Just score really high. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Holuseye: 6:00pm On Apr 09, 2021
Any Lasu mbbs student here?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joecliff01(m): 9:50pm On Apr 09, 2021
STORM2:

Please have your nysc cert before applying for direct entry or atleast find out from the university directly if its needed or not cos in most universities it is. As for the chances, don't stress. Just know that you can do it. Get the past questions. Use the jamb past question booklets. Study and score the highest score you can. You will succeed. Just score really high. Good luck.
thanks sir....so an exam is usually given after the DE registration?... can I inbox you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joecliff01(m): 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2021
any Unical MBBS student here?...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joecliff01(m): 10:15pm On Apr 09, 2021
Delight2014:

Uniuyo doesn't accept DE to Medsurge
Unical might accept but not too certain
thank you.....if Unical does...would there be any form of screening or exam
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SweetOnugbo: 12:28am On Apr 10, 2021
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 10, 2021
ARCHEMEDESME:
I have a study I'm working on . Incase you're writing the UTME this year and you're interested in the study group , you can mention my comment.

Combining my 10 university courses with my UTME preparation is so stressful , I should have rejected my admission.
boss drop your digits abeg.. thanks. I'll be waiting
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Charis123: 12:58pm On Apr 10, 2021
Hello everyone here. Please I want to enquire on the following about uniport med school. uniport med students should please help me. These questions apply both mbbs and bds

1. School fees
2. Level of passing through 100lvl to final year. Hope it isn't as frustrating as UNN.
3. Standard of living in PH city.
4. School environment.
5. Does BDS have good future prospect?
6. How is uniport dental surgery school. I read in an article that they suffer certain constraint such as no equipment and student source for patients.

That's all I remember for now. Thanks and God bless.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by PharmD911: 3:53pm On Apr 10, 2021
Hello guys. Please what's the course outline for Pharmacy in UI (100l)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 5:22pm On Apr 10, 2021
Charis123:
Hello everyone here. Please I want to enquire on the following about uniport med school. uniport med students should please help me. These questions apply both mbbs and bds

1. School fees
2. Level of passing through 100lvl to final year. Hope it isn't as frustrating as UNN.
4. School environment.
6. How is uniport dental surgery school. I read in an article that they suffer certain constraint such as no equipment and student source for patients.

Pes13 horpeyemmi66, samuelpeters
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 6:13pm On Apr 10, 2021
zenti99:
Good day fam. I have always dreamt of this day and as God will have it, it came to reality. After 6 attempts and 9 years in course of which I even had a degree in Biochemistry I am glad to say I eventually gained admission to study medicine yesterday.
My advice for aspirants is that be persistent, read hard but smart then most importantly look for a school that your chances will be much higher.( I wasted time with UI even to the extent that I had 300+ three times in a row yet I missed out narrowly each time due to the fierce competition).
To the bosses and senior colleagues in the house too pls I'll need your advice and input as regards being successful in medical school especially as I already in my mid twenties and the pressure on me is much.

Congratulations man. Welcome to the fold.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by venmotors(m): 8:34pm On Apr 10, 2021
Charis123:

1. School fees
4. School environment.

Where you once a UNN student?
I can tell categorically that passing first yr in UNN is very simple if you no what u really want
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by itzzkhaliii(m): 1:04am On Apr 11, 2021
zenti99:

Welcome to Buk guy,wish you the very best in your journey through medical school congrats.Fellow BUKITE cares.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 3:14am On Apr 11, 2021
venmotors:

Where you once a UNN student?
I can tell categorically that passing first yr in UNN is very simple if you no what u really want

Many students fail to attend classes in Year1 in UNN they start reading big big books on their own in their lodges and hostels omitting classes whereas they teach the simple ones in classes and set most of the class works as exam,the secret too passing UNN first year is by attending classes(many don't cross over to UNEC), although the class maybe crowded just squeeze yourself anyhow and jot things from the lecture,esp for PHY and CHEM, you can read BIO and it derivatives (ZEB 122 BIO101 BIO152 BIO154 BIO151) in your house they set from the textbook

After the first year many of them don't cross over, Cause UNN doesn't allow for cross over if you have a Carry over in phys chem and biology
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2021
Please if you have any O level teaching gig or an assignment solving gig that I could do online . I'm interested.
I really need to raise money for my UTME form since my parents have refused to pay for it . My Dad has never been in support of me switching courses , my mom who pushed me into this has abandoned me and that leaves me helpless.
I'm willing to do any online teaching or assignment solving gig since it's the only thing I'm skilled enough to do
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 1:50pm On Apr 11, 2021
ARCHEMEDESME:
Please if you have any O level teaching gig or an assignment solving gig that I could do online . I'm interested.
I really need to raise money for my UTME form since my parents have refused to pay for it . My Dad has never been in support of me switching courses , my mom who pushed me into this has abandoned me and that leaves me helpless.
I'm willing to do any online teaching or assignment solving gig since it's the only thing I'm skilled enough to do
Check out TYON jamb bursary scholarship online, I would have post the link to apply for it but I don't want to get ban.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2021
DarkPheonix:

Check out TYON jamb bursary scholarship online, I would have post the link to apply for it but I don't want to get ban.
thanks I just did
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by zenti99(m): 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2021
itzzkhaliii:

Welcome to Buk guy,wish you the very best in your journey through medical school congrats.Fellow BUKITE cares.
Thanks boss. Pls how do I reach you sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 4:34pm On Apr 11, 2021
ARCHEMEDESME:

thanks I just did
You are welcome.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brukx(m): 4:42pm On Apr 11, 2021
Charis123:

1. School fees
4. School environment.

1. Over 100k in year 1 and 45k in subsequent years
2. Pretty straightforward
3. Campus area in PH is very okay asides expensive house rent.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rursh(m): 1:08pm On Apr 12, 2021
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joecliff01(m): 5:41pm On Apr 13, 2021
any idea in how much the cost total is for this years Direct entry registration....
can I do it at any regular cafe?...if yes,then how do I get the recommended materials and text?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Pes13: 8:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
Zeeknow3245:
Pes13 horpeyemmi66, samuelpeters
I'm in UI MBBS though, not uniport kiss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:41pm On Apr 13, 2021
Pes13:

I'm in UI MBBS though, not uniport kiss
The dude is asking for a general help and Uniport help. I saw it fit to mention you because you are in the medical college and you would definitely have Dental counterparts except you choose not to. I come in peace.
No 5 was why I mentioned you nothing more.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Pes13: 9:59pm On Apr 14, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

The dude is asking for a general help and Uniport help. I saw it fit to mention you because you are in the medical college and you would definitely have Dental counterparts except you choose not to. I come in peace.
No 5 was why I mentioned you nothing more.

I understand your point. Nice one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (904) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.