Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,952 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (802) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1819141 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) ... (904) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Homosapiens20x: 7:43am On Aug 05, 2021
AmbFitsaint:

Never despise the days of little beginning.

Above was my early post on this thread as an aspirant 7 years ago. I officially bagged MBBS Ibadan today by God's grace.
Thanks for the guidance provided. I found a family here
I had no As in WAEC. I started with 251,245 and then 283 in Jamb by 2013. It was difficult getting admission but I kept on working hard and praying. I got admitted into EKSU, OAU, UI for medicine and surgery.
A story of determination, hard work, good support network and of course grace of God.

You can do it guys . Never allow anyone talk you down on your dreams. If you fail at different attempts, strategize again and up your game. You are unstoppable

Congrats doctor

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Homosapiens20x: 7:44am On Aug 05, 2021
afobam:
#Testimony#.. praise the living jesus! I have graduated from Medicine and surgery. It's been God all the way. I passed all my medical examinations from part 1 to part 4 without any reference. Jesus you did this!. Reintroducing Dr Bamidele Afolabi (Mb; bs Ibadan)If God can do it for me, he will surely do it for you too. With determination, hardwork and consistency, you will come out in colours and you too shall be celebrated. I sight my fellow guy Vincent now Dr Vincent @ambfitsaint once again smiley

Congrats doctor
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by fifaplayer9: 11:00am On Aug 05, 2021
AmbFitsaint:

Above was my early post on this thread as an aspirant 7 years ago. I officially bagged MBBS Ibadan today by God's grace.
I had no As in WAEC. I started with 251,245 and then 283 in Jamb by 2013. It was difficult getting admission but I kept on working hard and praying. I got admitted into EKSU, OAU, UI for medicine and surgery.
A story of determination, hard work, good support network and of course grace of God.

You can do it guys . Never allow anyone talk you down on your dreams. If you fail at different attempts, strategize again and up your game. You are unstoppable

CONGRATULATIONS DOCTOR
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Commmy: 5:58pm On Aug 05, 2021
AmbFitsaint:

Congratulations boss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Commmy: 5:59pm On Aug 05, 2021
afobam:
#Testimony#.. praise the living jesus! I have graduated from Medicine and surgery. It's been God all the way. I passed all my medical examinations from part 1 to part 4 without any reference. Jesus you did this!. Reintroducing Dr Bamidele Afolabi (Mb; bs Ibadan)If God can do it for me, he will surely do it for you too. With determination, hardwork and consistency, you will come out in colours and you too shall be celebrated. I sight my fellow guy Vincent now Dr Vincent @ambfitsaint once again smiley

Congratulations Dr.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kingexcellence(m): 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2021
afobam:

Afobamz baba! I bow o. So my ancestor has been here all along. Congratulations sir. This is Lord Tubo Greater heights in Jesus' name. Amen
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by afobam(m): 11:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
Kingexcellence:

Afobamz baba! I bow o. So my ancestor has been here all along. Congratulations sir. This is Lord Tubo Greater heights in Jesus' name. Amen
can you send a whatsapp message to the number on my profile?. Thanks all once again.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oluwaseun1995: 12:50pm On Aug 07, 2021
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Psalmist0101: 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
AmbFitsaint:

Congratulations Doc
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by urobodoski419(m): 5:10pm On Aug 07, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

Guy na you be dis? For confidentiality purpose I will mind my biz. God see you through. You deserve more. You don try naw
Boss , abeg no vex ooo , We know each other ni cos I dey try guess who u be
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 10:38pm On Aug 07, 2021
Good evening everyone....
More than 800 pages...
Congratulations to the new doctors in the house and the new medical students.
Dr Lagusta,Dr Lomaxx....What's the way forward after medical school?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 11:16pm On Aug 07, 2021
afobam:
Congrats, we go celebrate with you by Gods grace.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 2:28am On Aug 08, 2021
aliandro:
More than 800 pages...

Dr Aliandro..

Cephalic greetings baba.

Beside Where is DrGboy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:32am On Aug 08, 2021
urobodoski419:
Boss , abeg no vex ooo , We know each other ni cos I dey try guess who u be
gringrin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kingexcellence(m): 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kingexcellence:

Alriht sir. I'll do just that sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by urobodoski419(m): 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

gringrin
Boss, I no know who u be but I hail o
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Damson22: 9:31pm On Aug 08, 2021
afobam:

Pls ozone O3 your set
I mean oluwadamilare ojo, are you in the same set
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by afobam(m): 10:43am On Aug 09, 2021
Damson22:

Pls ozone O3 your set
I mean oluwadamilare ojo, are you in the same set
1 year junior

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Akintundexxy: 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2021
Hello future doctors,
Help me with this; can someone with a score of 253 get med & surgery in schools like lautech or Eksu?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:18am On Aug 10, 2021
aliandro:
More than 800 pages...

Just jet out of this country abeg grin

9 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clementoons: 10:47am On Aug 10, 2021
[quote author=Damson22 :Ppost=104395734][/quote] uncle me too I had no A's but came up with a very good results just wrote my first jamb and score 181, still thinking on what to do, aspiring for medicine, any hope? Pls advice
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clementoons: 10:56am On Aug 10, 2021
Lordsagna:
The true feeling of medical school

I used to think that being a medical student is always gonna be filled with happiness, roses everywhere. I thought that the struggle will end after getting admission, considering how tough it is to get a slot in any Nigerian medical school . I was wrong!!.

Becoming a medical student was thrilling, u wear lab coats in your 100l,take selfies in them, discover how damn good u look in them, your people changes your name to "doc". Your friends look at you like u are already established in life grin u blow through your 100l courses as a boss and came out victorious [I had a CGPA of 4.8 wink].you get promoted to 200l,in most schools, like mine you move out of the main college campus into the Universities college of medicine. U feel like a true boss.

200l

You enter full of confidence, thanks to your year one results, you become a motivational speaker, telling people that God has little or no part to play in your academics ,that you are a living testimony, that all you have to do is just read and read and read!...... No lecturer will fail a student that wrote the correct answer (which is true). Your seniors over heard you and your preaching, calls you to a corner and asks you to repeat what you just said to make sure their ears was not playing tricks on them, with loud audacity, u explain the same thing to them, they laughed out loud and gave you a very important advice that any medical student should know "medical school is not only by reading and reading, there is something called hardwork and smartwork,u need both to survive in this college....and lastly always come to your seniors to learn from their mistakes to enable you not to fail where they did".

You look at them nodded your head and said in your heart "they don't know the kind of stuff I am made of " cool. Time flies by, you dodge lectures only to lock yourself in your room to read, you didn't meet your seniors ,you didn't even know the name of your lecturers, when you eventually come to class maybe because of attendance, you laugh at those girls that love staying in the front row and asking the lecturer questions... You see the note they copied while the lecturer was dictating as a waste of time, when there are millions of textbooks to feast on .

Finally exam day came (not the main exam though) they call it "in course " it carries 100questions which contributes 10mrks to your 2nd mb... You will take three of those incourse before the main exam.

You enter the exam hall with confidence bubbling in you, you discovered that it was not hard but tricky..you discovered that most of those questions were somehow structured ..you came out told yourself that maybe this was a general problem.you meet people asking them how was the exam, most people said that they have killed them, some said it was OK... But no body said it was simple, then you concluded that it was a general something..... Time flew..... Finally the results came out.

You flash your eyes through the notice board, u discovered that mediocre scores were not plenty, you now wondered why people were saying that the exam was tough, you searched for yours ,on seeing your score, you had a cardiac fibrillation ,on the other hand you were still grateful at least you passed... 50/100 is not that bad right ? You asked your self, so you looked for the highest score, only to see 84/100...and it was that girl that always sat in front asking questions and coping notes, you remembered what your seniors told you, you discovered that it's not by hard work only, smart work is also important... You discovered that for some lecturers, that textbook is secondary, and their note is key to passing their exam... You discovered that there were textbooks you were reading that was irrelevant.... Finally you discovered that you gathered info a lot but failed to pass well ...you discovered that assuming you met your seniors that they would have warned you ahead of time.

You discovered that truly this is the true feeling of being a medical student.... It's not all shiny and roses...but you won't give up, you have learnt your lesson .you have to make your parents proud . This is the true life story a senior of mine told me....

Starfx
Copied.

pls bro, which school is that?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 10, 2021
Lagusta:

Just jet out of this country abeg grin
When you sef go run? abi you be patriotic citizen of Naija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kingsway1: 9:12am On Aug 11, 2021
aboking hmmmm
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by docyomex(m): 9:21am On Aug 12, 2021
LABCOATS | REAGENTS | REPAIRS | LAB EQUIPMENTS | SAFETY DEVICES

HAVE YOU CONSIDERED STOCKING YOUR SCHOOL LABORATORY?

We deliver quality laboratory equipments and apparatus, Borosilicate glasswares, all grades and quantities of reagents and chemicals, Lab coats, disposables and safety kits.

Consider upgrading your School's laboratory with Nigerian schools most preferred laboratory supplier, DR.YOMEX LABSTORES!
Our delivery service are available Nationwide.

We also sell in wholesale
Contact us on : dryomexlabstores@gmail.com
or call
Abayomi: 08092277304

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrOptimistic: 11:50pm On Aug 12, 2021
I am finally a medical student today. I have been admitted to study Medicine and Surgery in Federal University of Technology, Akure. After 4 years of pursuing Medicine. It finally come at the 4th attempt.

God is faithful...It has been God all the way. May His Name be highly exalted.

#Team_MBBS

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 5:59am On Aug 13, 2021
DrOptimistic:
I am finally a medical student today. I have been admitted to study Medicine and Surgery in Federal University of Technology, Akure. After 4 years of pursuing Medicine. It finally come at the 4th attempt.

#Team_MBBS
You were the guy that posted on Facebook medical Group abi? Congratulations. More Victories ahead
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrOptimistic: 6:14am On Aug 13, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

You were the guy that posted on Facebook medical Group abi? Congratulations. More Victories ahead

I am not the person
Thank you
Amen
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oyetunjibaba: 8:05am On Aug 13, 2021
DrOptimistic:

#Team_MBBS

Congratulations!!
Welcome to my school!
Welcome to my faculty!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrOptimistic: 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2021
oyetunjibaba:

Congratulations!!
Welcome to my school!
Welcome to my faculty!

Wow! Thanks

Can we chat on WhatsApp?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oyetunjibaba: 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2021
DrOptimistic:

Wow! Thanks

Can we chat on WhatsApp?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrOptimistic: 3:31pm On Aug 13, 2021
oyetunjibaba:

You can delete your number now
I will message you on WhatsApp

(1) (2) (3) ... (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) ... (904) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.