Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,758 members, 7,802,321 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (810) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1819271 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) ... (904) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jolly94: 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2021
Mr. Egghead made an innocent and true statement about his"world class EBSU" not comparable to UI and other first generation University but because he felt out of place, he attacked that statement with false intent and fallacies like a castrated rabid dog.

And the baffling part of it is that some people who also suffer from such incurable ignorance like his, who also felt out of place, liked that decrepit ascertion of his.

Abeg, Medical school pass Medical school ooo.... If you're in one not comparable with the BIG BOYS, please manage it and improve on yourself to be an enviable and respectable Doctor, irrespective of where you are trained ( This applies to all medical student).

I have been on this forum for quite a while on ghostmode, observing such shameful statement overtime. But today I had no course than to correct such.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jolly94: 5:45pm On Oct 29, 2021
PEACE TO EVERYONE AND BE THAT GOOD DOCTOR WE ARE ALL STUDING AND WORKING HARD TO BE.

DISCLAIMER: Apologies to any one who finds this true statement of mine as offensive and abusive, including my Honourable Mr. Mandeyy.

SHALOM!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ejehijustice(m): 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2021
jolly94:
Mr. Egghead made an innocent and true statement about his"world class EBSU" not comparable to UI and other first generation University but because he felt out of place, he attacked that statement with false intent and fallacies like a castrated rabid dog.

And the baffling part of it is that some people who also suffer from such incurable ignorance like his, who also felt out of place, liked that decrepit ascertion of his.

Abeg, Medical school pass Medical school ooo.... If you're in one not comparable with the BIG BOYS, please manage it and improve on yourself to be an enviable and respectable Doctor, irrespective of where you are trained ( This applies to all medical student).

I have been on this forum for quite a while on ghostmode, observing such shameful statement overtime. But today I had no course than to correct such.
At the bolded, does this imply that it is only those who did not attend the "BIG BOYS" schools that need to improve on themselves to be an enviable and respectable Doctor?

Are you also implying that once one attends the "BIG BOYS" school, one don't need to improve on oneself to be an enviable and respectable Doctor as the school has already bequeath one with such status?

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by coolxpaul(m): 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2021
Bosses here...
Abeg what's the anatomical basis of suprapubic cystostomy?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by littleguy444: 8:58pm On Oct 29, 2021
coolxpaul:
Bosses here...
Abeg what's the anatomical basis of suprapubic cystostomy?
Normally the bladder lies within the pelvic cavity.But in a condition whereby the bladder is unable to empty itself of its content(urine), the distended bladder will extend into the abdominal cavity, stripping the peritoneum off the anterior abdominal wall as it does so in the suprapubic region, such bladder can easily be accessed by ths method with little or no risk to the peritoneum.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jolly94: 9:50pm On Oct 29, 2021
ejehijustice:

At the bolded, does this imply that it is only those who did not attend the "BIG BOYS" schools that need to improve on themselves to be an enviable and respectable Doctor?

Are you also implying that once one attends the "BIG BOYS" school, one don't need to improve on oneself to be an enviable and respectable Doctor as the school has already bequeath one with such status?

Didn't you see this my statement below? Or you chose not to ? And besides if you have carefully read through all my comments, you should have known by now my stance and what I have been proposing.

Irrespective of where anyone and everyone is trained the onus still lies on the individual to improve himself, but definitely where you are trained matters a lot too. Because you can't compare someone who's trained in John Hopkins to someone trained in UI. Except the UI individual greatly improved himself wholeheartedly to bridge that gap in medical knowledge and exposure to 21st century medical equipment readily available at Hopkins. Enjoy yourself bro. No rancour, like in our local pidgin parlance "Soldier go, Soldier come, Barrack remain". ONE LOVE.

jolly94:

( This applies to all medical student).

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 29, 2021
ejehijustice:

There's nothing like BIG BOYS medical schools in Nigeria once a Nigerian medical school is accredited by the MDCN. A medical doctor is a medical doctor. During job advertisement, they only state that they need a medical doctor. They don't state that the medical doctor must graduate from so and so university. Go to Locum Doctors Conference on Facebook and see for yourself.

He's a new entrant into medicine. So, he'll realize later that some of those medical schools he calls low grade isn't low grade.

Any MDCN-accredited medical school is good. It's the MDCN that sets the standard.

The MDCN can withdraw accreditation once it discovers a certain medical school has derailed. It can happen to any medical school in Nigeria. Some so called big schools once lost accreditation and did the needful and then regained it.

It's the residency that makes the difference, although it's not every doctor that wants to do residency. Also, some doctors are talented. That gives them an edge over others.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by memd: 6:30am On Oct 30, 2021
All for the sake of egos... I better pass my neighbor...na my own better pass... or something

Quite unnecessary. Nobody "needs to make a point" abeg. Make una rest!

8 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by coolxpaul(m): 2:14pm On Oct 30, 2021
littleguy444:
Normally the bladder lies within the pelvic cavity.But in a condition whereby the bladder is unable to empty itself of its content(urine), the distended bladder will extend into the abdominal cavity, stripping the peritoneum off the anterior abdominal wall as it does so in the suprapubic region, such bladder can easily be accessed by ths method with little or no risk to the peritoneum.
Thanks a lot. It's clear now.
Which text dyu recommend for Gross?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrImmaculate(m): 3:46pm On Oct 30, 2021
Mandeyy:

What do you think is in UI that's not in EBSU? Your comment is one of the most senseless comments of 2021. The two medical schools were accredited to train medical students to become qualified medical doctors. So, none is superior to the other.

You should have cautioned your fellow UI student who started the comparison.

Moreover, I have people at UI. So, UI medical school isn't superior to EBSU medical school. It's students like you that make unnecessary comparison. Medical doctors don't do that, because it's what you give out as a medical doctor that determines the stuff you're made of.

Hafa Baba? I just don't know why but since I joined this thread, I've been watching you for some time and I've noticed that you always get yourself into unnecessary and baseless arguments coupled with throwing insults..

I'd not be fast to forget that it was the same you, when you were in UNN's Dentistry who will not let the house hear word with your BDS vs MBBS arguments, but since you got into EBSU MBBS, you no longer go into the BDS arguments. It's just like your presence here is just to get into trivial arguments, and it's totally uncalled for..

Please, we're all mature people here, let's just learn to respect one another and abstain from derailing this thread..

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrImmaculate(m): 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
Mandeyy:

The news is on Nairaland here. It's UI that's a second rate medical school, not EBSU, if a slowpoke like you doesn't know that an MDCN-accredited medical school is at par with its mates for the training of medical doctors.

Screenshot where it was rated the number one teaching hospital in West Africa.

Just see the problem, I must say it blatantly that you sir, are just feeling inferior. This was your same problem when you were in Dentistry. You said the guy is a jambite, so why waste your time juggling insults and arguments with him. You're far bigger than this.
You rightly said that any institution accredited by MDCN is qualified to train efficient doctors, you just should have stopped there. Why dabble into all this mess?
I for one know some EBSU medical students and graduates and they're quite great. I cannot begin to argue which med school is better than which. It all boils down to the individual student's input to make him/herself at par with his/her medical counterparts both locally and worldwide. We saw Boss Lomaxx distinguish himself as a medic par excellence here on this thread even though he went to UNIUYO ( prior to knowing him, I couldn't have concluded that UNIUYO was damn good). Same goes for the other schools. EBSU is good, UI is good, abeg make we leave am like that boss.. Med school, let alone the country is just too hard for one to be engaging in all these.

I do not mean to insult your personality chief, I just want you to learn to stir from all these arguments that makes the thread's page go lenghty for nothing. The two of you arguing for 2 pages now haven't made any difference..
Pls don't bother coming after me, cos I won't respond.

SHALOM ❤️

11 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrImmaculate(m): 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2021
coolxpaul:

Vishram or Last chief

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrImmaculate(m): 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2021
jolly94:
According to Mr. Mandeyy, his "world class EBSU" is equal to UI, UNILAG,ABU,OAU, UNN, Harvard, Stanford, Oxford, Cambridge, Princeton, Yale etc, since all are accredited and fit to study medicine = DELUSION OF GRANDEUR ( This should be given the most ignominious and fallacious statement on Nairaland in year 2021)

COMIC OF THE YEAR

Abeg boss, let this issue slide.. you Don too drag am.. you both are entitled to your opinion

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2021
DrImmaculate:

Hafa Baba? I just don't know why but since I joined this thread, I've been watching you for some time and I've noticed that you always get yourself into unnecessary and baseless arguments coupled with throwing insults..

I'd not be fast to forget that it was the same you, when you were in UNN's Dentistry who will not let the house hear word with your BDS vs MBBS arguments, but since you got into EBSU MBBS, you no longer go into the BDS arguments. It's just like your presence here is just to get into trivial arguments, and it's totally uncalled for..

Please, we're all mature people here, let's just learn to respect one another and abstain from derailing this thread..

Don't say what I've never written on this forum. Maybe, you saw the wrong person arguing over MBBS versus BDS. You can screenshot where I argued over that. For your information, I first got admission into medicine, but lost it because I came late for registration. That's why i wholeheartedly opted for dentistry before I went back to medicine again.

If you want to make an unbiased statement, you should have scolded the first person who wrote that standard varies and then made an unfair comparison between UI and EBSU. He should have made his comment without dragging EBSU into it. That's the bone of contention.

Of all the Nigerian medical schools, it's only EBSU he felt ok to use to make unnecessary comparison, and you felt I should not talk because I like to make unnecessary and baseless arguments? Nobody is happy when you underrate him or her. Therefore, i cannot sit back and watch someone ridicule my school, when the person rightly knows that any MDCN-accredited medical school is fit to train qualified medical doctors. And for a new entrant into medicine writing what he's not sure of, is improper. Maybe, you don't know what's inferiority. Hope you'll be happy when your medical school is ridiculed or seemingly exhibit unnecessary maturity just to make people believe you're actually mature in that situation? I corrected the first guy's statement. Or did you see where I did insult the first guy?

Moreover, we're all humans. So, when someone's emotion is high, he or she is bound to react unkindly. Or have you never done that in your life?

The essence of this forum is for medical students to put heads together, but a situation whereby some begin to make unfair comparison about certain medical schools, then, I cannot keep a deafening silence when my school is ridiculed. So, if you want to be on the side of the truth, caution others to stop making inflammatory comments here. Or have you ever seen me compare any medical school with the other here? That's not why I'm here.

You can go ahead and mention those unnecessary arguments you've found me in or throwing insults here. Didn't you see where he first started the insults?

Just screenshot my comments on BDS versus MBBS here that I disturbed the house with. All I said before here when the issue of MBBS versus BDS came up was that they're brothers and belong to the same body and that they're both good. I still maintain my stance till today.

The problem with some medical students is that they like to underrate other students' courses, and that's usually the genesis of all these verbal wars. You cannot see a dental student start comparing medicine with dentistry; you cannot see a medical laboratory science or nursing student start comparing his or her course with Medicine. It has always been medical students. Let's tell ourselves the truth.

Maturity begins when we respect other people's choice of career, school, etc. Maturity means we should not make unnecessary comparison; maturity means that every course is vital and should not be looked down upon. Else, the students or graduates of those courses, schools, etc, will not take it kindly with that person. And that doesn't mean that he or she defending his or her school, course, etc, likes to make unnecessary and baseless arguments or is feeling inferior. Let's learn to choose our words well. That's where wisdom lies.

You should try and be unbiased in your judgements. Looking down on other medical students' schools is not good. I expected you should have addressed the bone of contention instead of digressing to irrelevant points, in order to paint me black here. Thanks for your comment.

10 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by littleguy444: 8:59pm On Oct 30, 2021
coolxpaul:

Drimmaculate answered that already i think i can still add chaurasia.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by coolxpaul(m): 11:10pm On Oct 30, 2021
DrImmaculate:

Vishram or Last chief
I don't know why am afraid of dah Last oo...
+++It's not a popular book here
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by coolxpaul(m): 11:13pm On Oct 30, 2021
Mandeyy:

Don't say what I've never written on this forum. Maybe, you saw the wrong person arguing over MBBS versus BDS. You can screenshot where I argued over that. For your information, I first got admission into medicine, but lost it because I came late for registration. That's why i wholeheartedly opted for dentistry before I went back to medicine again.

If you want to make an unbiased statement, you should have scolded the first person who wrote that standard varies and then made an unfair comparison between UI and EBSU. He should have made his comment without dragging EBSU into it. That's the bone of contention.

Of all the Nigerian medical schools, it's only EBSU he felt ok to use to make unnecessary comparison, and you felt I should not talk because I like to make unnecessary and baseless arguments? Nobody is happy when you underrate him or her. Therefore, i cannot sit back and watch someone ridicule my school, when the person rightly knows that any MDCN-accredited medical school is fit to train qualified medical doctors. And for a new entrant into medicine writing what he's not sure of, is improper. Maybe, you don't know what's inferiority. Hope you'll be happy when your medical school is ridiculed or seemingly exhibit unnecessary maturity just to make people believe you're actually mature in that situation? I corrected the first guy's statement. Or did you see where I did insult the first guy?

Moreover, we're all humans. So, when someone's emotion is high, he or she is bound to react unkindly. Or have you never done that in your life?

The essence of this forum is for medical students to put heads together, but a situation whereby some begin to make unfair comparison about certain medical schools, then, I cannot keep a deafening silence when my school is ridiculed. So, if you want to be on the side of the truth, caution others to stop making inflammatory comments here. Or have you ever seen me compare any medical school with the other here? That's not why I'm here.

You can go ahead and mention those unnecessary arguments you've found me in or throwing insults here. Didn't you see where he first started the insults?

Just screenshot my comments on BDS versus MBBS here that I disturbed the house with. All I said before here when the issue of MBBS versus BDS came up was that they're brothers and belong to the same body and that they're both good. I still maintain my stance till today.

The problem with some medical students is that they like to underrate other students' courses, and that's usually the genesis of all these verbal wars. You cannot see a dental student start comparing medicine with dentistry; you cannot see a medical laboratory science or nursing student start comparing his or her course with Medicine. It has always been medical students. Let's tell ourselves the truth.

Maturity begins when we respect other people's choice of career, school, etc. Maturity means we should not make unnecessary comparison; maturity means that every course is vital and should not be looked down upon. Else, the students or graduates of those courses, schools, etc, will not take it kindly with that person. And that doesn't mean that he or she defending his or her school, course, etc, likes to make unnecessary and baseless arguments or is feeling inferior. Let's learn to choose our words well. That's where wisdom lies.

You should try and be unbiased in your judgements. Looking down on other medical students' schools is not good. I expected you should have addressed the bone of contention instead of digressing to irrelevant points, in order to paint me black here. Thanks for your comment.
This guy sha...
You geh pawa oo...
Anyhow, e don do
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xandre: 6:02am On Oct 31, 2021
coolxpaul:

I don't know why am afraid of dah Last oo...
+++It's not a popular book here
You should take out time and take a look at all the texts you have in my mind for Gross and then make your pick.

Choices of Books also vary widely from schools to schools. I don't think anyone should really make a pick for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by coolxpaul(m): 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2021
Xandre:
You should take out time and take a look at all the texts you have in my mind for Gross and then make your pick.

Choices of Books also vary widely from schools to schools. I don't think anyone should really make a pick for you.
Thanks all the same
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 1:28am On Nov 05, 2021
For those Medics who have an upcoming MCQ/OBJ EXAM, this video will help you smiley wink cheesy

��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEK1cCrX2b8
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 1:32am On Nov 05, 2021
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drchindo: 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2021
[quote]

In UNN? Can u please say more about what u wrote here .. because the UNN I know don't take away your admission because you came late for reg then change it to you dentistry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 9:46pm On Nov 06, 2021
For the Medics who have an upcoming exam, watch this to know what to do on your EXAM DAY to prevent your village people from following you into the exam hall grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOmNDmem6EU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 12:47am On Nov 07, 2021
For the Medics who want to get distinctions, these videos will help you a whole lot! smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPh28zbPzVU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVRPVmZzBBo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbLe7SGQgYs

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 1:03am On Nov 07, 2021
memd:
All for the sake of egos... I better pass my neighbor...na my own better pass... or something

Quite unnecessary. Nobody "needs to make a point" abeg. Make una rest!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 1:15am On Nov 07, 2021
DrImmaculate:

Just see the problem, I must say it blatantly that you sir, are just feeling inferior. This was your same problem when you were in Dentistry. You said the guy is a jambite, so why waste your time juggling insults and arguments with him. You're far bigger than this.
You rightly said that any institution accredited by MDCN is qualified to train efficient doctors, you just should have stopped there. Why dabble into all this mess?
I for one know some EBSU medical students and graduates and they're quite great. I cannot begin to argue which med school is better than which. It all boils down to the individual student's input to make him/herself at par with his/her medical counterparts both locally and worldwide. We saw Boss Lomaxx distinguish himself as a medic par excellence here on this thread even though he went to UNIUYO ( prior to knowing him, I couldn't have concluded that UNIUYO was damn good). Same goes for the other schools. EBSU is good, UI is good, abeg make we leave am like that boss.. Med school, let alone the country is just too hard for one to be engaging in all these.

I do not mean to insult your personality chief, I just want you to learn to stir from all these arguments that makes the thread's page go lenghty for nothing. The two of you arguing for 2 pages now haven't made any difference..
Pls don't bother coming after me, cos I won't respond.

SHALOM ❤️

You said it all.
It mostly depends on individuals.
The kind of doctor you want to be depends on YOU
All these comparisons are not necessary.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brightudom: 3:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
Good day, please I wanted to make an enquiry about admission into direct entry for medicine and surgery(preferably that of University of Uyo)...is Nysc discharged a criteria...i just finished from Medical physiology...

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 4:08pm On Nov 07, 2021
If Anatomy is a problem to you, these videos helped me a whole lot in my time. It will help you for sure! smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_kdqBdh2VQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJeuWdvJEMc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XXAmFYbaeo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 4:11pm On Nov 07, 2021
Brightudom:
Good day, please I wanted to make an enquiry about admission into direct entry for medicine and surgery(preferably that of University of Uyo)...is Nysc discharged a criteria...i just finished from Medical physiology...
congratulations smiley I read Anatomy at unical, went for nysc and came back to an mbbs admission. I'm about to start 400l now. Although I didn't use direct entry route. I wrote jamb again. smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nurain150(m): 10:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
horpeyemmi66:

Every discipline I'd say has it's intricacies. It would be rather shallow to say Pharmacy is tougher than Medicine or vice-versa.

I have someone close who studies Pharmacy.

The kind of things she complains about are largely Lab Reports(you can easily have 3 reports to submit at a given time), Dispensing Lab(and the ease of scoring a zero, it's even regarded a norm), Pharmacognosy and their many leaves and Pharmaceutical Chemistry (the ease of failing a whole question because you got the preceding ones wrong).

Even carrying that heavy COdex is definitely something. People flopping anyhow and having to go back one year.

I for one I'm not a fan of excessive chemistry(chemistry that has reduced to just drawing awkward lines and imagining where carbon atoms are undecided). In Pharmacy, their world revolves around chemistry, not my thing.

On the flip side, in medical school you attend dissection sessions where formaldehyde and it's attendant pungent odor leaves your eyes watery and labcoat smelly. Some school's insist on students taking Tetanus injections at regular intervals as a precautionary measure should one cut himself.

Reading Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry for two years(it's shorter period though) and you're required to go over everything again because you're about writing an exam that would take you forward or contribute to the misery of medical school should one fail. You've probably heard about people losing their minds in Medical school, ironic right?

The lecturers that would come to class with outrageous amounts of slides and sometimes yab people.

Going on ward rounds with a consultant during a certain rotation and the consultant decides to chew you because you forgot something about the pathology of the condition before you, this is usually done openly among colleagues and the patient. Many ladies just burst into tears; normal thing.

The extremely late nights and very early mornings.

Steeple-chase tests that require you staring at maybe a severed arm with the cubital fossa pinned and you're asked to name the structures that make up the roof, floor and boundaries under 1 minute/45 seconds.

Histology practicals that leave you confused even the more because what you're seeing under the microscope has no semblance to what you saw in the textbook.

The grading system which is usually a negative one for a question you attempted and got wrong as opposed to leaving the question unanswered and scoring zero.

In the light of all these, every course has their not so cool aspects, I'm sure even students of Glass Technology or Home Economics would definitely tell you their courses are also tedious.

The patient should be the center in health care not the cases we hear of Doctors (Med/Dent) having issues with MLS guys or Physiotherapy people feeling the doctors(Med) are usurping their duties. These issues are usually the Genesis of most MDCN vs JOHESU brawls.

I hope you got me.

wink wink
In Addy to that Pharmacy goes to the Lab for cadavers, we do Physiology and Biochem extensively.

So be prepared for double stress as Pharmacology will still come at you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 11:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
nurain150:

In Addy to that Pharmacy goes to the Lab for cadavers, we do Physiology and Biochem extensively.

So be prepared for double stress as Pharmacology will still come at you.
This is a first, I'm mildly intrigued.

At what University do the Pharmacy Students do cadaveric dissections?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 11:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
Medics please how many months is 400L, 500L & 600L EACH in your school? embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) ... (904) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.